Register

Author Topic: What Games Are You Playing: 2008  (Read 472834 times)

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
Re: What Games Are You Playing: 2008
« Reply #3375 on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:37 PM »
Warlords was pretty good, but I think the best expansion was BtS. I like being able to use religion to twist other players' arms.

Idun

« Reply #3376 on: September 10, 2008, 10:02:48 PM »
Also, any art can be turned into an avatar. Look at me. I changed a 768x1960 art image into wonderfulness. Win~

In this case, finding the art is the problem. I haven't seen a lot of GL5 floating around. Also, out of curiosity: what is your avatar?

Tell me if this link works. Finding artwork images for some games sucks, but normally if you type in scans as a keyword, it'll work. I didn't click on any images, so I don't know how functional the site is.
http://onelasage.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=123

And my avatar is called Linger by Audrey Kawasaki. She's a new artist that I'm interested in and I like some of her work. She's "known" for creating magna-interpretational works of art, primarily on woodcuts and it was made for her show in Rome.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: September 10, 2008, 10:05:44 PM »
Dugog is hands down the hardest fight in the game Andy.  So I wouldn't worry to much about the rest of the game standing up to much.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: September 10, 2008, 10:31:10 PM »
As you can see my "team" is pretty bare. Feel free to decide which Gen 1 Pokemon you want entered in my team as long as they are Water type and NOT named Magikarp nor Gyarados. They are uncute Moemon. >:|

Seaking and Poliwhirl.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: September 11, 2008, 12:19:06 AM »
Glad to hear that Grefter. Although, I will say, the Helm of Sartek Knight admittedly caused me fits. Nothing quite as bad as Dugog's "hey, you die now" style of abilities, but the constantly building magic resist and the doubling battle skill made me sad as all hell inside. Took a few tries to get him, just because my MASSIVE COMBOS kept getting shut down by MResist ;_;

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3380 on: September 11, 2008, 03:29:48 AM »
Cid, did you ever sit and listen to any of Korin's gossip dialogues?

Nah, this is something I still need to do.

DOOOOO IT.

Also, in regards to Saga: It's not worth the trouble to build multiple parties. Stick with one group of people that you like. If there's anyone else you're curious about using, hey, there are always the other quests for that.

Yeah... I'm slowly realizing this here. Despite my natural inclination to *do everything in one playthrough*, I've finally gotten to the point where I just want to pick some favorites. Still having a hard time -not- using White Rose, though, since she's awesome. Current party: Asellus, Mesarthim, Gen, Fuse (w/ DSC), and one of these 3 (Rouge, Emelia w/TwoGun&LightMagic, or Thunder cause I wanted to try out a monster). Lute, WhiteRose, and Ildon sit idly in my second team so I can recover WP/JP during longer 'dungeons'.  Still on track to get TimeLord, Rei, and Zozma.

Gift Quests completed: Light, Arcane, Mind

My next stop on Asellus' quest is apparently the Dark Labyrinth. I'll probably run into it during TimeLord's recruitment or the subsequent Shadow magic gift quest.

This game has some serious polish issues, but the base is so good, it's hard to care.

Also also: Grefter is referring to the disc one LoD scene in which Dart and company epicly forget how gravity works.

To be fair, the world of LoD features a mountain or two where gravity doesn't work quite the way it should. >.>;;

As you can see my "team" is pretty bare. Feel free to decide which Gen 1 Pokemon you want entered in my team as long as they are Water type and NOT named Magikarp nor Gyarados. They are uncute Moemon. >:|

TranceHime: Starmie!

-Djinn
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:33:36 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: September 11, 2008, 04:42:56 AM »
S5 - Zerase x1 get. 365 Magic off the bat what the fucking hell.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: September 11, 2008, 05:15:43 AM »
FFX: About to fight Seymour Natus.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: September 11, 2008, 05:47:32 AM »
I got in to the WotLK beta. Wheeeee.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: September 11, 2008, 06:30:45 AM »
Still waiting on the latest patch, but if they haven't fixed Instant Poison's new AP scaling yet, stay off of the PvP server.  We Assassination Rogues are your new overlords~

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: September 11, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »
Since I do believe WotLK makes us Assassination Rogue's the new PvE spec de jour, I suppose being PvP gods as well would be fitting. ^_~

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: September 11, 2008, 07:06:40 AM »
Laughable at best. I'm a Tankadin, you'd kill yourself trying to hit me before you managed to grind me down. It's pretty much impossible for anything that dual wields to. Honestly, I don't believe you'd even need to hit me, you'd die just to Retribution Aura, I have so much goddamn health.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:10:05 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: September 11, 2008, 07:29:05 AM »
Nah, tons of armor, HP and ret aura wouldn't have saved you.  The imbalance was from Instant Poison, which was set to scale with AP a bit too much, was bugged to have something around a 100% proc rate, and stacked with talents to the point where rogues were dealing around 3~5k DPS.  At 70.  Heard a rogue was dueling a fully geared T6 Prot Warrior.  Warrior went down in 6 seconds, 8 with Defense stance up.

Just checked though, last patch brought it back down to sane levels.  Still strong, just doesn't hit for 700~800 regular/1200~ crit any more.  One of the boosting talents is currently disabled as well.  So you'd have a definite argument now.

Oh, and the new patch also implemented most of the new racials, and upped the polygon count of some of the older models.  So if your character's face looks a bit off, that would be why.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:41:57 AM by Unoriginal »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: September 11, 2008, 08:53:06 AM »
ToV: Bwhahahaha, Flynn's such a bad cook he makes Wonder Chef explode, bwhahahahahahaha.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: September 11, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »
Also also: Grefter is referring to the disc one LoD scene in which Dart and company epicly forget how gravity works.

To be fair, the world of LoD features a mountain or two where gravity doesn't work quite the way it should. >.>;;

[/quote]

Sorry I missed that.  It isn't so much that they forget how gravity works so much as they encounter a tree.  Say they need to push it over so they will have to get an axe to do that.  hahaha funny engrish translation.  No wait, you go get an Axe and they don't do any actual physical labour, they just push it over.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: September 11, 2008, 11:38:19 AM »
ToV: Bwhahahaha, Flynn's such a bad cook he makes Wonder Chef explode, bwhahahahahahaha.
And cute at how this make Yuri good at cooking. This maybe a good topic for doujins.
Thinking about it, Flynn might be more dangerous than Refill or Arche, consider his cooking looks so pretty, you won't even have doubts on how it taste at first glance...

Oh and I have to report this

ToV: I finally saw it, Karol's underwear is green.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: September 11, 2008, 01:04:39 PM »
Idunie: Yeah, that pic'll work. Thanks.

Djinn: Mes rocks just for the healing and I almost always use her. Also, while Emelia's useful, she can also be recruited in literally every quest, so if you need a free slot for one of the Asellus-only PCs (there are a lot of those), I'd say she's the one to drop.

~

MGS4: So, I checked on my savings for the first time in a while, and...let's just say I could afford to burn some money. So yeah, PS3 acquired (also, Disgaea 3, Orange Box and Heavenly Sword--which looks a lot like God of War mechanically, but with a redheaded asian swordgirl instead of a sociopathic Spartan. I don't think I need to point out that this is a massive improvement for me).

Anyway, did the Middle East chapter. Johnny = ellipses.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:06:42 PM by El Cideon »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: September 11, 2008, 04:47:48 PM »
More TotA. Doing a bit of sidequesting, got the refined flightstone and found Nam Cabanda Island(sp?).

Oh, and the dragon I fought in volcano was a better fight then Van, somehow. That thing kicked my ass around the block.

Right now I'm FAQing any other sidequests I might want to do before I continue with the plot.

Touhoumon: Up to the city with the grass gym who's name I can't remember right now and that's embarrasing.

My team is currently:
Sakuya(Ice)
Patchy(Psychic)
Remilia(Dark/Flying)
Meiling(Fighting)
Yuka(Dark/Grass)
Mystia(sp?)(Normal/Flying)

I plan to drop Yuka for Flandre(seeing a theme yet?) and Mystia for a water type. Was thinking Komachi, but she's Att heavy, and I'll already have Remi, Flandre and Meiling for that. So now I'm debating between Nitori and Eirin. Dropping Yuka will hurt a bit though, as she hits like the proverbial ton of bricks. But no Scarlet Devil Mansion team would be complete without Flandre, and I need SOMEONE who can Surf, soooo...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:52:33 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: September 11, 2008, 05:32:50 PM »
MGS4

A. I hate you.

B. Spoiler that shit and I will kill you.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: September 11, 2008, 05:34:35 PM »
So...for a combination of reasons I'm not performing as well in Touhou on this laptop than on my home computer (I'm used to a couple of spell cards having slowdown; sometimes the laptop screen makes it impossible to see lightly coloured shots; the laptop will randomly hang on background processes).  Since I was continuing for silly reasons anyway, tried plowing through SA Hard (continuing repeatedly when necessary).  It's a very visible upgrade over Normal; usually at least double the shots.  Got as far as level 5 I think?

Loco Roco:
Wow, how have I not played this game until now?  It's awesome.  Granted, I think it's one of those games where, yeah, the gameplay is kinda innovative, but it gets a lot of its strength from the all-around atmosphere; the Portal model, in other words (and a step below Portal in most respects).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:44:51 PM by metroid composite »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: September 11, 2008, 06:33:36 PM »
A. I hate you.

Well, I was going to ship my PS3 and the game out to Iowa for you, but now I think I won't!

B. Spoiler that shit and I will kill you.

C'mon, dude. I'm not Rob or Niu. The most you might get out of me is the order in which this game's Themed Filler Bosses are fought. (Oh no!)

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: September 11, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »
Just grabbed Max Payne and Deus Ex. What am I, ten years late on these? Anyway, they look to be a good time.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: September 11, 2008, 06:58:37 PM »
Awesome. More people need to play Deus Ex and Max Payne.

Oh, I don't doubt you'll be careful, Cid. I just want to make perfectly clear that I'm going to do terrible, terrible things to you if you slip up.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: September 11, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »
Just grabbed Max Payne and Deus Ex. What am I, ten years late on these? Anyway, they look to be a good time.

They are both excellent shooters, even if they have drastically different style. I'm about as bad as it gets at those games and it's still worth it to slog through the games for the environment and setup.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: September 11, 2008, 08:15:05 PM »
FFX:  Macarena Boss Rush.  Had my first Game Over when Suddenly Seymour doublecast Watera on me.  Which is good, because the game had been FF8-level easy so far, and that's a bad thing.  Fought him again and Overkilled him and his giant plant with Tidus Haste cheese.

EO2:  Floor 29.  Hate Hexgourds so much.

BvS:  If there's any Season 2 players here that feel like changing villages, come on over to Champions.  There's several of us DLers there, and it's well-managed.