Register

Author Topic: What Games Are You Playing: 2008  (Read 463768 times)

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
Re: What Games Are You Playing: 2008
« Reply #3875 on: October 07, 2008, 05:07:15 AM »
If you're like me, though, you can just own the first quarter of the game with everyone as Monks.  No, it doesn't matter if you're mini'd when you're level 8 and running off 210 base ATK power.

EDIT:  Would one say that putting Gale Claw on Clive for Counterattack would be decent, or is that counter-productive?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:22:12 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: October 07, 2008, 05:31:18 AM »
Yeah, like any class doesn't own worlds when they're at JOB LEVEL 99 in the first quarter of the game.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: October 07, 2008, 05:43:21 AM »
Erm...  yeah.  Given my Wood Chi...  I mean, Warrior was only JL 84 when I beat the game, having JL 99 before the Fire Crystal seems like brutal overkill.

Lady Ashe

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: October 07, 2008, 06:08:49 AM »
Beat TotA and WA3.

TotA was pretty enjoyable, though the World Map was pretty lame and skits really needed voice acting. Mohs and Dist not being ranked confuses me because they both have precedent in the form of Augst and Tony in WA4. Their circumstances are pretty much identical in both cases, so I can't really see any justification for it at all.

WA3 was also fun, though the lack of direction starting when Maya was kidnapped brings it down. The final boss was really lame as well. If I'm fighting a boss with 10+ form chains, I want it to be a badass incarnation of death with metal and a choir playing in the background, not a bunch of tadpoles and alligators. The first form having no offense made it ridiculously easy thanks to Permanence, and it was just a generally boring fight all around. Also on the note of WA3 difficulty - I probably fought less than ten random encounters overall after Virginia got her second crest, and none at all after she got her third. The game is amazing about how easy it is to avoid combat. I also only found myself using about ten of the tier two berries throughout the game. Never used a Mega Berry or either of the Carrots. It's possible that I've just become used to always being underleveled and underprepared so I'm better able to compensate for it. <<

Also bought a ton of games today! Only one of which is ranked, and that one just had a DS version(Which I'm in the middle of playing) come out anyway. Lots of super fanservice here though.

Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra (PS2)
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (PS2)
Metal Saga (PS2)
Front Mission 4 (PS2)
Odin Sphere (PS2)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: October 07, 2008, 06:17:54 AM »
TotA was pretty enjoyable, though the World Map was pretty lame and skits really needed voice acting. Mohs and Dist not being ranked confuses me because they both have precedent in the form of Augst and Tony in WA4. Their circumstances are pretty much identical in both cases, so I can't really see any justification for it at all.

Dist is never, at any point, shown pilotting that mech of his. There's no precedent for allowing people remote controlled mechs in the DL. Reno does not get Carry Armour as a form, etc.

Mohs... probably didn't get ranked because the fight is unmemorable outside it sucking and TotA was already getting what, six bosses? Plenty for a lower-end ranking idea. Wouldn't have been the end of the world if he'd gotten in, but I'm certainly not unhappy with the fact that he didn't. (Augst has way more plot and character fans.)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3880 on: October 07, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »
Rank Dist's chair.

Alternately: Dist's remote-controlled mecha NR hype.

Finished an FFT replay in preparation for the upcoming playthrough of FFT:WotL. Somewhat underwhelming overall. Math skill is still awesome. It seems like a good translation would really endear me to this game as it would bolster its plot. Plot is still pretty good for RPG standards, though a lot of elements are very similar to every other RPG, but I can see the hype. Characters are... hard to get attached to outside of Delita, who is amazing despite some of his "I'm a medieval badass" qualities. Gameplay is... hard to get into for some reason. The elements of a fun game seem there, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Still, looking forward to the PSP version and as usual I like how FFT fits into the Ivalice world in general.

SaGa: Started playing a little bit of Lute's chapter despite not having finished Red's. Neat opening: "Get a job!" But I don't expect to see any other plot in this chapter at all if what I'm hearing has any merit.

-Djinn

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: October 07, 2008, 08:40:55 AM »
World of Warcraft TCG- WARNING, LOTS OF CCG RELATED BLATHERING HERE. For those interested, since I know there are Magic players, I will try to use terminology familiar to you. If there are actual WoW TCG players here... well, you should play me on MWS at some point. Anyhow.

21 folks showed up at the Realm Qualifiers. I was running an undertested deck in a metagame I wasn't too familiar with yet. A winning combination.

After a few last minute adjustments courtesy of friends, I was ready to go. I myself was playing "Black Ice" Fizzlefreeze, an Alliance Frost Mage. The deck itself was built around the combination of Myriam Starcaller (an untargetable ally who deals significant direct damage to a hero by tapping) and Frost Mage (a Frost Mage only ally who could tap to do damage to all opposing heroes and allies, as well as prevent the damaged ones from attacking). It also runs numerous protectors (think blockers) to guard Water Elemental and Myriam, inspire allies (allies who untap things in your possession at the start of your opponent's turn) and Nether Fracture (a Counterspell for everything). The deck is very fierce if it gets going and can lock a game down quick. The main problem is that a faster deck can keep it from ever getting a board going.

To save time and space, my first three matches were against Kil'zin of the Bloodscalp, a Horde Traitor Shaman. To put it simply, this is an awful match-up for me, as the deck is incredibly fast and the Shaman's cheap burn is nearly impossible to play my normally durable protectors around (think a very fierce rush/burn deck). If I can actually get Water Elemental or Myriam to stick, I can win the game. The problem is that relies almost entirely on Kil'zin running out of steam early or making mistakes. Thankfully, that's what I got.

Match 1 my opponent makes a mistake and misses a kill which gives me game 1. Game 2 he edges it out. Game 3 I edge it out.

Match 2 is pretty straightforward. Better draw wins the game. Him game 1 and 3, me game 2.

Match 3 goes to time and hits sudden death with us at 1-1. My opponent makes a huge mistake and loses in sudden death, despite the game being his based on his draw.

Next up I face Lionar, Horde Traitor Warrior. Its a pretty straight forward deck that controls the board, puts precious on with aggressive allies and then drops a fatty like Ishanah to win the game. Game 1 I managed to stall out and deal almost 20 damage with Water Elemental alone. However, he proceeds to drop A'dal (0/10 ally who prevents all damage). I have no real answer and hope Sayge (remove the top card of their deck from the game and you can play it) will hit one. He gets out Ishanah (at the start of my turn, I have to give him one of my allies) and I opt to fold. Game 2 plays out like the first one, except he never gets the chance to stabalize with A'dal. Game 3 is... ugly. He hits all his ally removal very quickly and I can never get a board against him.

Match 5 is a Rogue which is... pretty uneventful. Frankly, the deck had absolutely no way to deal with Water Elemental once it hit the table, and no way to win if it was active. Game, set, match.

At this point, 3-2 with 21 people, I figure I'm done, but hang around just in case. Turns out the guy I beat Match 3 places 4th, which gives me killer tie breakers. We also have very few 5-0's (1) and 4-1's (3?) which puts me solidly in 5th. Whoah. Top 8 it is. We move from Swiss to single elimination.

Match 1, the Return of Kil'zin. Same guy I played in Match 3 of the Swiss stuff. We both play a lot better this time. We drag it out to game 3, where he hits a total shit draw. Without solid answers, he fries.

Match 2, the Return of Lionar. Same guy I played in Match 4. Game 1 is a pretty clean shut out. Game 2 is... interesting. Much more aware of his deck this time, I keep an opening hand with my own Ishanah, and play carefully, watching for the danger turns (8+ for Ishanah and 10+ for A'dal). Thanks to my preparedness, I'm ready to drop my own Ishanah as soon as A'dal hits the table. Nevertheless, he still figures he's set and plays Sayge to mill my deck and hopefully deny me answers... then remembers I'm going to gain control of it unless he has another ally to pass off. Thus he plays Brok Bloodcaller (4/4 Ferocity[Haste] that dies at the end of the turn if it has no damage on it). Then remembers that its going to explode at the end of his turn. The rest of the game is slow and hilarious as he decks himself digging for a way to solve the problem of my board.

Match 3, the Return of Kil'zin, Mark II. Same guy as Match 2. It plays pretty much the same. Game 3 was particular ugly as he hits a hideously good draw and top decks a solution to my Elemental before it can go off.

However, this still puts me in second, which is still solid prizes (6 packs, a sexy deckbox, extended art cards and an invite to the Regional Championship in Seattle).

Whew.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: October 07, 2008, 08:51:11 AM »
Interesting read Andy.  If I make it back state side sometime I might have to play a couple of games to get a feel for the game.

Replaying FFT before playing it on PSP is probably a bad idea.  It will just highlight the slow down methinks.

And counter on Clive isn't bad, but eh, I would wait for a PS item for it personally, the counter isn't going to be a significant part of your damage with him either way (can't really force enemies to target him more often and can't really make them use physicals either, magic and specials are far more dangerous in WA3 than physicals as well).  Sure it is nice and probably worth the points to activate the skill, but probably better early to boost someone elses speed.  Edit - Jet works fairly well, his physical isn't so non-issue early on and the speed boost is enough to push him up to go first most of the time.  Kills Accelerator, but it is kind of shit in WA3 anyway cause it is on fucking Jet anyway.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: October 07, 2008, 08:53:36 AM »
Knights in the Nightmare- Almost done with the blue route, just a little. Marrieta is actually easier compare to Melissa, but Marrieta works better with the terrain. The third fight with her is worse than all the Touhou added together just simply how well she fits the terrain.
Might play a third cycle with the red route again, as I fail to get the Alcaloja for Maria last time.

Lady Ashe

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: October 07, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »
Eh, I didn't really consider that. I suppose Dist not being ranked makes more sense then, even though the mechs are very uniquely Dist and he designed them himself. (Unlike Reno) But yeah, guess I can see it even though I don't particularly mind it myself. Still disagree on Mohs though.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: October 07, 2008, 12:46:17 PM »
BvS - So...  Wil just picked up a Mantis Rune today (out of 4 more Ash-covered Runes), Jack's going for the Larry/Haro hangout ability, and Irwin's preparing for getting 15 arena wins in a single day.  So...  Not too much to say, really.

Perfect World - Still hopelessly addicted

WA3 - Just got to Jolly Roger.  My current medium set-up is as follows:
Virginia - Terra Roar, Gale Claw
Jet - Nothing
Gallows - Aqua Wisp
Clive - Firey Rage
Ginny's got everything pumped into Defender and Counterattack, Gallows has ATT Blocker going for him, and Clive maxed out Critical Hit.  Also, I remember that Clive likes a bullet or two extra and the rest of it in ATK, but what's the recommended set-up for everyone else?

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: October 07, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »
All bullets for Virginia in the long run (Valiant, 10 shot gatling.  This is the way), she can use a couple of levels in attack if you feel like spending the Gella on it early on and then just scrap the Attack once you get Valiant.  Gallows just doesn't give a damn.  Hit seems to work from memory.  He doesn't really need it, only pump him up when you have spare cash.  He has problems hitting, but has sufficient base power.  Alternate possiblity is pumping his Crit if Crit ignores miss chance, I forget if it does.  That is more a style thing than something with substance, just cause sawed off shot guns fucking rule and crit animation with one is fun.  Jet is just fucked.  I think he wants a mix of everything to work.  Jet is just really bad.  Edit - Oh yeah Critical on Clive is the thing to do, beats the hell out of Counter.

BG2 - This game is love and I don't play it enough because I am always tired.  Got staff of the Archmagi.  That is a fun fight to cheese with a mix of trap spam, protection from Undead and Protection from Magic scrolls.  Helm of Vhailor is the most fun item ever for endless breaking.  Fun with stupid mages dropping Time Stop, Gate then paired Horrid Wiltings.  The only thing the mage could do to my magic immune Kensai got killed off by its own horrid wiltings.  I didn't even have to gib the pit fiend.

The game is a lot easier without an arcane mage so far than I thought (Four manning it to continue my theme from BG1 play through.  Kensai Dwarf main, Imoen/Yoshimo until I replace him, Jaheira and Khalid for BG1/Mazzy for BG2.  Might throw in Sarevok for ToB if I feel like it).  So yeah, trap spam from Yoshi has replaced Arcane magic cheese that I am used to in almost all cases.  I will have to test if the Protection from Magic scroll cheese works in hell like Spell Immunity does to avoid the dex loss.  

Oddly my little brother played through recently and had and old bug that I thought was fixed work fine with a weird twist.  His Swashbuckler got taken for that Test that kidnaps someone, then his mages Contingency Dispel Magic on Self while helpless went off and freed the Swashbuckler, just opened all the doors with the swashbuckler, only got the exp penalty.  Thought that bug with the Hold being dispelable was fixed in either an official patch or with Baldurdash, which I am sure he was using.  Doesn't matter much anyway, not like my Dwarf will need 19 or 20 Dex anyway.

Torn between whether to go do Firkraag next or to do Kangaxx.  Prolly go with the Demilich.  Oh yeah level 11ish now.  I had forgot how easy the game is when you cheese the fuck out of it.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: October 07, 2008, 01:46:46 PM »
Hmmm. I used eight bullet - two weight for Virginia I think. I seem to remember that being recommended somewhere before. Probably not here if people are saying ten bullets. I'll do that next time.

SMT Nocturne-

Tai - Ah yeah I thought it would have something to do with encountering with all of them in time. Thought it had something to do with order too. FAQ agreed. Unfortunately by the time I got home I'd forgotten all of the exact step by step specifics that I'd read in the FAQ >.> Bearing in mind what you said and what the FAQ said about having to fight the Moirae Sisters in order though I eventually managed to progress by adding guesswork to that. Was drained of resources by the time I'd fought each of them and since there was a "you can sense a strong power!" imessage in the next area I headed back to the save terminal.  From there I wandered around Obelisk trying to find my way back to the Fountain of Life. Got lost and by the time I found it only my main and two demons were left alive <.<

Used the Fountain of Life to fully restore main's HP and MP, revived and did the same to the rest of my main party. Headed back to the save terminal, saved then went forward with the game.

Boss fight was easy - All out magical offense ftw~

*New Magatama obtained

Slightly creepy story line events then occur!

The creepy thing left me with the ability to carry two more demons though so I guess I shouldn't be too negative about it >.>

Having another training session now.  Unicorn just picked up the MT anti death spell. Nice. My other support type demon recently picked up Diarama and Recarm too. Very nice. Trying to decide which support skills are worth keeping and which aren't is tough though! Their skill slots are full. Matador picked up Dekunda.

Currently main now looks like this -

Counter
Tornado
Force Boost
Violet Flash
War Cry
Mana Drain
Life Aid
Fire Boost

I'm in the process of levelling up to replace Fire Boost with Anti Mind.

Is "Divine Shot" worth learning at all?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:34:13 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: October 07, 2008, 01:53:10 PM »
I think I have seen that thrown around somewhere.  I don't recall considering Weight being a great stat in WA3.  Autoreload is nice and whatnot, but it pales to how nice I found it in WA4.

Edit - That is, I would wait for NEB and Meeple to get a really definitive thing for what is actually optimal.  Either probably works effectiveness at smashing the game since they are both Valiant Gatling abuse builds and you don't need much for that to work.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: October 07, 2008, 02:54:07 PM »
Weight, the only thing it does is reduce the counter used to determine how many shots you get from Gatling.  And it does this in increments of 1.  This means that only Virginia has any use for weight whatsoever as her base is 20, as opposed to 25 for Clive and Jet, and a hideous 30 for Gallows.  This means if you invest five times for Jet/Clive, they get a five shot Gatling, and if you invest ten times for Gallows you get five shots.  However, Ginny can reach the magical numbers of 10, 11, and 12 with only ten upgrades, giving her a ten shot Gatling, and you then just pump her remaining five upgrades into bullets.  It's really the only use for Weight upgrades in the game.

Taishyr

« Reply #3890 on: October 07, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »
Divine Shot...? If I recall correctly, it's one of the solid early physical attacks. Learn it if the rest of your team has magic/healing, else stick with Counter.

Support skills to keep on demons... Well, as soon as a demon gets Debilitate, keep it and try to transfer it to all future demons. It's niiiiiiice. Dekaja/Dekunda, one each on two different demons, is a wise choice since there are some other buff/debuff battles later. Aside from those, mix and match for what suits you; I always kept someone with Sukunda/Fog Breath/Debilitate around, and someone else with Sukukaja, but attack or defense buffing is also a solid choice.

Oh, and as for the creepy events, I presume you mean "wait when did a pigeon crap on her face?" moment.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: October 07, 2008, 03:59:55 PM »
SaGa: Started playing a little bit of Lute's chapter despite not having finished Red's. Neat opening: "Get a job!" But I don't expect to see any other plot in this chapter at all if what I'm hearing has any merit.

Gen ends up having more plot in Lute's quest than Lute does. While Lute's comments are generally amusing, he has like a half dozen lines or so.

Re: BG2 stuff

What does Kangaxx do exactly? I never did that fight. I just remember silly uberstatus hype from 02 RPGP spinoff tournaments. And Kensai?

Edit: WA:XF. Just unlocked the third tier of jobs. I can get 400 CSP a fight from the fight in the flatwoods (Go Felius!), so I'm going to be doing some mastering before moving on. The next several battles are all chain fights, so it's time to finish updating my gear and mess around with new classes.

Ragnar's a neat PC build. The range on the weapon is nice and Hyper attack is too awesome. Accuracy does require a trip to Strider though.

Clarissa I'm going to leave in Dandelion shot. Elementalist's magic is nice, but the move/speed/durability is not. Thinking I'll slap on widespread+Magic25+Elementalists equips+Sacred Slayer OC. Once I master DS I'll probably add in SS equips and another skillset. Levin is doing I don't know what. I'm going to fuck around and see if I can get much use out of the AB ripoff skill. I've been twinking him for Blast which has worked really well up until this point, but the lack of good base magic in his class really hurts. Labby is going for a pure suicide offense build+widespread, nothing shocking there.  Felius is still working well as a warrior/tank. Halberder+ Sector equips is the way to go I think. I have a generic chemist with Geomancer  and a couple of mage generics floating around as well.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:11:31 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: October 07, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
Kangaxx?  First form is your standard Lich, but when he dies he spawns a Demi-Lich.

A Demi-Lich is immune to most spells and can only be hurt by +4 or greater weapons, which will only deal their +bonus in damage on a hit.  They come with the standard high-end spell load out, and can spam Imprison, which has no save and will permanently disable the target until the counter spell Freedom is cast.  If it hits the Bhallspawn, it's game over.  It's two real weaknesses are it's 50 hp, and the fact that non-typed damage gets around it's resists. 

The two methods to kill the thing that I know of are to either load Minsc/Korgan up with protective spells, berserk them so they're immune to the rest, then send them in solo.  My way was to trap one of the corners in the room, zerg down the first form, then Ring of the Ram it into the traps, which should kill it more or less instantly.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: October 07, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »
Because I have to nitpick:

Demi-lich doesn't have the normal lich array of high end magic, just imprison, wail of the banshee (MT ID with suspect accuracy) and a physical.

The reason demi-lich takes so little from weapons that can hurt him isn't immuning the base damage or anything, it's just 90% resistance to all physical types.

The reason he got uber status hype is because the PC version of imprison works on anything that doesn't have complete status immunity (So it works on dragons, but not on Jon, for instance) and it didn't occur to old voters that most BG2 bosses didn't have the universal immunities common to most RPG bosses.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #3894 on: October 07, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
For what it's worth, I just gave Jet 15 ATK. It doesn't matter as much at the end because he's the best FA user simply for lack of competition.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: October 07, 2008, 07:32:45 PM »
Yeah, I remember why Imprison got the hype it did (Slayer should route that fight was the hype I recall), just more that I always think about Kanaxx in that context considering the hype.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: October 07, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
SRWZ: Genesic Gunleon! Damn, The Heat Crusher is shiny. Bit underpowered, surprisingly - it's basically Shine Spark without the S rank - but very far from bad. Also, Big O's upgrade is pretty sweet, and Beck The Great RX-3 is made of win. Damn Banpresto for not giving it Token or making Beck recruitable. Damn them, I say!

Niu, can you shed any light on the supposed recruitment of Ray and Charles? Those two are handy and I'd like to keep them around.

IIRC, have them get five kills, have Renton persuade both and have Holland attack both? I forget the order for the latter though, think it's Holland->Renton.

http://sageacrin.googlepages.com/SRWZsekrit.txt It isn't perfect, but it's helpful. I can confirm most of the Setsuko stuff(I only missed the Amuro-related secrets. And Mark of the Hero but I still have no clue what the triggers there are.).
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: October 07, 2008, 07:59:12 PM »
Yeah, that's what I saw, but I've yet to see anyone confirm it one way or the other and there's confusion on whether it's five kills each (i.e. ace them both) or five kills total since even that unconfirmed info is translated from a Japanese wiki.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: October 07, 2008, 08:16:13 PM »
World of Warcraft TCG- WARNING, LOTS OF CCG RELATED BLATHERING HERE. For those interested, since I know there are Magic players, I will try to use terminology familiar to you. If there are actual WoW TCG players here... well, you should play me on MWS at some point. Anyhow.

Interesting read. I actually play the WoW TCG myself(Traitor Priest general annoyance/control), though my card pool isn't high enough to go for tournaments in any serious capacity. What is this MWS thing you speak of?
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: October 07, 2008, 08:23:55 PM »
Also, I remember that Clive likes a bullet or two extra and the rest of it in ATK, but what's the recommended set-up for everyone else?

My personal opinions:

Virginia - 5 Bullet, 10 Weight. See Excal's post for reasons why. She doesn't need the HIT, and her SHT upgrades are not that great in the long run. In the beginning, investing in 1-3 levels work, but later on, you want to make her specialize in something. This set up is nice as its a good finisher (even when not at 100FP) which you are likely to going to see. You can make up the ATT lose with buffs/mediums if you are so inclined anyway.

Clive - 2 BLT, 13 SHT. Serves 2 purposes. One, gives him enough bullets to do a full gatling instead of just half of a gatling combo. Second, makes Clive hit really damn hard (especially once  mediums are factored in). Clive also doesn't need HIT. He might benefit from a couple of CRT upgrades, but I wouldn't do that in the course of the main game. At 2 bullets base, he's the one who can pull out a Finest Arts the fastest, which you may (or may not) find a value to. So if you are inclined, you can certainly swap over post game. WGT, see Excal's post again.

Gallows - 10 HIT, 5 CRT. Should really never be using his ARM ever. Base accuracy is awful, and this likely the only real way he can get any use out of it. Grefter's right in that a crit will connect all 8 hits though; you may consider putting extra levels in there. Hit's just a more solid option otherwise.

Jet - He's not boned perse, but...regardless of how you twink him, its hard to adjust his ARM to make him do much. Best I found was 10 SHT, 5 CRT. And in the post game, 15 SHT. Jet doesn't need HIT most of the time (his base accuracy is usually fine), and he won't benefit from BLT as he already has 4 base. WGT, see Excal's post again. So that leaves him with just those 2 parametres to toy around with really.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself