Author Topic: What Games Are You Playing: 2008  (Read 473473 times)

Chisa

• 1.4 Y on the creepy meter
  • Denizen
  • When reality becomes irrelevant, mankind ends.
    • View Profile
Re: Guess the RPG character
« Reply #2100 on: June 02, 2008, 10:11:28 AM »
None.  R-B is win.  Except on God, apparently, but that's just my lack of skill.

Anyway...
P3: mid-late first term, grinding Strength, Magician, and Emperor.  Already maxed Chariot.  Currently cussing at the crane, for obvious reasons.  Level 24.

WA5: Superboss hunting!  Still have to get the map supers, Angolmois, and Ragu.  Sword Dean, Moon Rebecca, Sea Carol.

FE10:  Just started, and altough I like ranged units, there's too damn many of them, and not enough melee.  Puts a damper on my general tendency to block the access points with meatshields.  Ah well, guess I'll just have to use Dodgy McPrepromo as bait.

All other news is unrelated to gaming, except as it regards lack of non-cellular internet.
FAIR WARNING: Inside my head, every day is May 7th, 986.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: What Games Are You Playing: 2008
« Reply #2101 on: June 02, 2008, 10:58:38 AM »
Recently found a vertical shooter named Perfect Cherry Blossom. Very good game, shame it's the trial version.

Now, can someone tell me how many time-stopping knife-throwers we need?

Leave now and escape while you still can.  If it uses Tildes in its speech blundgeon it to death and remove the head to prevent it regenerating.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: June 02, 2008, 11:44:55 AM »
Recently found a vertical shooter named Perfect Cherry Blossom. Very good game, shame it's the trial version.

This is perhaps the most unintentionally funny post ever made on this board.

Orson, check this topic: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=392.0

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: June 02, 2008, 12:18:23 PM »
*amused*

I thought time stopping knife throwers were meant to be funny though >_>

Dragon Quest VIII

Having Angelo dead or low on MP doesn't help. Ever. If Tai's Angelo was dead, I feel his pain.

Thanks for all the help before peeps. I defeated the first part of the Dark Ruins boss (again) and then saved. After that I spent a while training and re-fighting the second part until I finally won with Guv (L30), Angelo and Yangus (L28) and Jessica (L27) Made quite a lot of progress through the game since then. Dragon's Den is awesome. I ... lost to the boss first time round because I went into the fight with Angelo low on MP and Jess died early in the fight. Despite that I somehow managed to take out the red part but then Guv and Yangus died leaving Angelo alone in an epic! face off. Yeah. On my way back to the fight I ran into a King Metal Slime. Fortune favoured me when Yangus' Hatchet man took it out w/th an overkill blow. EXP galore. Angelo levelled up and obtained Multi-heal. Boss was easy enough after that. I found a use for Sarcastic Snigger in lowering the red part's tension <_<

Just cleared Pirate's Cove. The boss what ... what can I say? Sarcastic Snigger and Puff Puff made a complete mockery of him. Yes Puff Puff. Freaking Puff Puff works on him. As does Jessica's charm (boss is absolutely enthralled!) Sarcastic Snigger pretty much stopped him from doing anything but trying to tension up his damage whilst Puff Puff sometimes prevented him from using disruptive energy (well that's what it was as far as I can tell) so Yangus and Guv were able to tension up pretty well for some nifty damages.

Guv is now L35 thanks to some King Metal Slime farming.

After getting the Ultimate Key from Martha I headed back to the curious locked door up high beside a waterfall ...

... ... ...

Bad, bad game. Bad, bad bad very naughty game ^_^ What a surreal experience o_o

*spanks game designers upside down*

"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Pyro

« Reply #2104 on: June 02, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »
Persona 3: January 2nd. I'm kind of losing momentum playing this now. I intend to finish it, but I have a feeling I'll NEED all the high-end Persona to beat it. Currently up to the three cyclops bosses. I could kill them with just the main whoring out physical immunity (and Wind immunity! and Fire immunity! and Electricity Immunity! and Ice immunity! and Dark immunity!), but that would take a loooong time. I'll probably just remake a mage persona using Abaddon as an ingredient and recycle until it inherits all physical Nulls.

Okami: Egads, this game is fun. The plot and characters do nothing for me (they can be amusing in their own way, I suppose), but the style and gameplay is gold. The Celestial Brush is probably the best mixing of plot and gameplay I've seen in a long while. It certainly leaves the feeling that you are controlling a divine creature instead of just some wolf with a few powers. The art style is refreshing, and the game is generally pretty to look at. I'm fonder of the Vanilliaware games in general, but Okami is still beautiful.

Painting bombs never seems to get old. Hopefully I'll get more powers that are similarly fun later on.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: June 02, 2008, 05:35:50 PM »

Short, short version: Get on IRC, come to #rpgdl, use Hal's FServ.

Long version: Look at the Touhou topic.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: June 02, 2008, 06:27:17 PM »
Painting bombs never seems to get old. Hopefully I'll get more powers that are similarly fun later on.

You have no idea.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Orson

• Hatbot Avatar Decider
  • Denizen
  • Champion of the charm division (thanks Hatbot)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: June 02, 2008, 07:10:43 PM »
*amused*

I thought time stopping knife throwers were meant to be funny though >_>
They are, in my opinion.  I like them very much. Just seems like I'm getting my fair share of them in the last year or so. And thanks for the info!

And good thing I'm self-depreciating. Otherwise, I'd take offense at Captain K. But it's all good.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:12:44 PM by Orson »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: June 02, 2008, 10:00:08 PM »
And good thing I'm self-depreciating. Otherwise, I'd take offense at Captain K. But it's all good.

Pretty sure that wasn't meant to be taken as a dig against you. This group just has some *hardcore* fanatics of the series PCB is a part of and it's kind of funny that someone hadn't heard of it before just as a result of that.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: June 03, 2008, 01:23:10 AM »
Damnit, I failed to offend someone.  I must meet my daily quota somehow...

Zenny is a cute little leprechaun!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: June 03, 2008, 01:57:58 AM »
Hey, guys, I picked up this RPG called Final Fantasy Tactics or something, it's pretty good. Does anybody have any info about it?

The Answer-Finished the last door. Boss fight MIGHT have been hard...but I brought along three people who immuned Electricity (Aigis with various Personae and Yukari with Lighting Gloves) and he used pretty much nothing but Thunder Reign the entire time. Ton of HP compared to the other bosses though. Aigis is level 81 right now, but I think I've hit a brick wall as far as Persona-fusing go, though, since so far I haven't managed to move up in levels at all. This is annoying, but I have a good group now so it's not too bad.

Plot...well, so far it's just explaining stuff that I've already figured out. That cutscene was gross.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: June 03, 2008, 02:09:41 AM »
Etrian Odyssey - Aftergame!  Beat Primevil!  Only took me... three and an half hours?  Much longer than it took just to even get to him.  Yay for shortcuts!

So anyways, here's how it went.

First try: Use Defender, Immunize, Relaxing to set up the buffs, have the Landsknecht and Alchemist attack.  Except Primevil goes first and uses Explode, dealing 2400 damage to everyone.  Note that average HP is like 500 or so.  Yeah.

But!  Explode is fire!  Protector has Antifire, which has initiative!  Easy enough, right?

Second try: Same as above, Protector uses Antifire instead of Defender, everyone else does the same thing!  Yay, I live!  Next turn, he uses Resolve (Dispel).  Boo.  Third turn, use the buffs again, he uses Explode!  Of course I spammed Antifire fearing that he was going to use that skill anyways.  Turn 4, he uses Resolve again!  Turn 5, he uses Expl--STORM.  2400 damage to everyone.  Except lightning elemental.  I die.

Okay, so, fire, resolve, fire, resolve, lightning.  No biggie.  Let's try this again.

Third try: Same as above, except on turn three he uses Storm.  what

Fourth try: At this point, I figured his Resolve might be a counter to having buffs.  So!  No buffs!  See what happens!  Turn 2, he uses some MT physical.  Guess what?  It overkills.

Apparently I need Immunize!

Fifth try: Use Immunize, Protector uses Antifire as usual, Troubadour just shoots an arrow in his face.  Turn 2 he uses... some MT status move, sleeping my front line and fearing the back.  It just goes downhill from there.

Sixth try: Same as above, but he decides to physical someone for crap damage on turn 2.  I survive to turn 5, use Antivolt to block the Storm, then turn 6 he Explodes again.  Okay...

Seventh try: Same as above pretty much.  Antifire on turn 6.  Turn 7 he uses Frigid, which you might guess to be 2400 MT ice damage.  You might be right.

So around this point, I started figuring out that those huge elemental attacks were likely scripted.  Turns out they are.  In fact, most of his AI is.  After a few more tries, I managed to start figuring out the AI quirks.  Basically, he uses Explode every 5 turns (1, 6, 11, etc.), Frigid every 6 turns (1, 7, 13, etc.), and Storm every 4 turns (1, 5, 9, etc.), with Explode > Frigid > Storm taking priority (last two being horribly unintuitive and gave me a reset when I had to make the guess.  I guess it's the order you fight the original 3 optional superboss dragons, but whatever.  Their clones right before Primevil are in a different order which makes things confusing.

Other than that, he only has one more AI quirk, Resolve.  At first, I figured he'd use this when everyone had two or more buffs, but in fact, it's only used if the party has a total of 10 buffs or more (I found this out by having someone die and therefore only had 8 total but 2 on everyone).  The problem is, on the turn after Resolve, he can use ANY of the three elemental overkills, UNLESS it is already a scripted turn (as described above).  On any other turn where he doesn't have a scripted move, you don't have more than 10 buffs, and he didn't use Resolve the turn before it, he'll use a random physical attack (which could be ST, MT, or random targets, most of which are overkill before Immunize and sometimes even after), binds (skill blocking), status, some elemental shield buff (which I don't know what it does because everyone was defending and I dispelled it immediately on the next turn), and very rarely, FULLHEALING.  He also gets the ability to cast an MT ID spell at low life.  It's only ~40%, but that knocks off two people on average, and if one of them is your Protector and he uses a huge elemental skill the next turn, you're fucked.  This happened to me twice.  And said Protector had ID resistance.  Hate.

Oh, I forgot to mention he has 90,000 HP.  But he's weak to all elements (including physical elements).  Even then, I only deal about 2,500 damage per round.  Also, all his attacks have initiative (though lose to PC initiative), except Resolve (meaning you CAN'T buff on the turn he uses Resolve to force another Resolve turn, boo).

So!  The strategy?  Fairly simple.  Obviously I use the elemental shield to block out whatever elemental attack he's using on the scripted turns.  On turns he's doing random shit?  I defend, and make sure I have Immunize up before then.  However, on turns he's supposed to do random shit where there's a scripted turn after it?  Buff.  Then he'll use Resolve and waste the next turn, the turn after that is basically free as well since all I have to do is put up an elemental shield and can do whatever else I need to on that turn (buff and/or attack).  There are several times where I can get a lot of free shots in due to him having a scripted turn, a non-scripted, a scripted, a non-scripted, scripted, etc., forcing him to alternate between elemental overkill that gets blocked and Resolve, meaning I don't have to worry about healing for awhile.

There are only two problems in this.  There are spots where he can get two non-scripted turns in a row, meaning he's going to get at least one turn of beating you up.  With Immunize up, and defending, he CAN still overkill someone.  Two problems here.  First, if it's your Protector, better hurry and get him back otherwise you're fucked.  If it's someone else, and you tried to buff up to 10 buffs, you get stuck at 8, meaning he gets ANOTHER turn to beat you up.  Sometimes he'll get three non-scripted turns in a row, but those are few enough that you can use Boosted Immunize to really reduce the damage taken and make it easier to live through.  Doing that for every dual-non-scripted turn sequence means getting lots of Boost Point increasing items, which is admittedly a strategy I didn't think of.  Not sure if you can buy those in mass quantities or not though.  ANYWAY, yeah, he's still got a chance.

The other problem is obviously his ID, since if he nails too many people with that, and if one is your Protector, you're in a bad position.  Best bet here is to just blitz the guy when he hits red and hope to finish him off.  I actually ran out of TP on my Protector, barely keeping enough with Relaxing from the Troubadour to block the elemental attacks, Landsknecht was out too, so her damage was kind of low, though Alchemist was still shelling it out.  Barely managed to pull it through.

Oh, forgot to mention I didn't do that Retiring with the characters or whatever.  Who said that was necessary?  They lie.

Also finished the Monstrous Codex soon after that.  Now just the Item Compendium.  Blech.

The World Ends with You - Week 3, Day 3.  Boss kicked my ass.  I am sad.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War - Got Holy Dragon Reis and Beowulf!  Reis has 67 MA and owns everyone else in damage.  Clearly she should be in Godlike!  Okay maybe not but I don't care.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: June 03, 2008, 02:30:43 AM »

STOP! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: June 03, 2008, 02:39:18 AM »
Eph, it is useless, you know it.

Endless Frontier- The second cycle does not carry over levels, fail. I'll just go back and collect parody Neda. Oh, did I just heard Saya says "Final Hell"?

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: June 03, 2008, 03:47:08 AM »
BoF2 - Yay, playing and such, just got past Windia and am now walking around randomly with my party of four, slaying things here and there. Some sort of fun and such so far, Katt is maybe kinda entertaining, Rand being an anthropomorphic armadillo is cool beans, all that good stuff. Katt is also pretty much great at killing randoms before they move, which helps sometimes. Magic is... not so great at this point, and Sten is already looking to be pitiful, though Bomb isn't bad right now. Augus was a bitch, killed Katt and Rand, Ryu only had 3 HP when he dealt the final blow. Randomly running into random encounters that can kick your ass because you felt like exploring a little is pretty much par for the course in SNES days?
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: June 03, 2008, 03:53:03 AM »
Okami - TIME SLOWDOWN YESIU.JPG.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: June 03, 2008, 04:52:50 AM »
I love you Grefter~
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #2117 on: June 03, 2008, 07:49:20 AM »
I've been playing Morrowind some more. Having built up my character to the point at which he is NOT made entirely out of wet toilet paper, I can now do some of the stuff that actually is ABOUT shit in that game. I'm working my way through the Imperial Legion right now, and after that, I'm not sure. Maybe the Thieves' Guild, since last time I played, I couldn't finish that stuff, having killed a bunch of them for the Tong.

Once I get my hands on Chrysamere, it's RAPE TIME.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: June 03, 2008, 11:18:03 AM »
TWEWY status: I finally got around to going through the time attack on Hard and either you always get a star rank just for doing it or the times you need are really lenient, considering it took me almost 12 minutes and I starred it despite this. 96% pins, I'm missing 2 Natural Puppies, 1 Jupiter of the Monkey, 2 Sheep Heavenly, 4 Dragons Couture, 1 Lapin Angelique, and 2 Pegasi Atelier.

Legend 2: because when you have three Wii titles queued up there is nothing else you can do but start on a DOS game. There's an option to import your characters from the first game but I only found this out after I'd finished the first floor and I couldn't be bothered doing it over, and they only keep their levels anyway. Think I prefer the setting of the first to be honest, there doesn't really seem to be any point to the enemy armies in this one thus far... also mildly amusing how in battle they're full of monster despite being humans flavourwise. I can see the pass/bribe system getting annoying soon.
They let you train levels by winning a fight instead of paying (and it gives everyone a level, not just one person) which is somewhat nice, but the fights seem to get harder at an exceedingly high rate.
In any case, I've finished the Imperia Vaults... nice that they have a boss in the first level of the game for a change, hopefully there will be more as opposed to Legend's 3-odd the entire game... so I'm off to some city I can't remember the name of that starts with K. Doesn't look like there's any levels like Fagranc in this which I am somewhat ambivalent about; Fagranc's nice in concept but can gets a bit old (would get insanely old if the Great Stairs didn't exist, how thankful they do).

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: June 03, 2008, 08:29:32 PM »
The Answer-Finished. Final level was 82. Personae used were Kohryu(MVP during the last set of boss fights), Odin(close second purely thanks to Thunder Reign), Susan-O(useless), Lurhunger(not bad), and a bunch of random card drops that I hadn't managed to fuse out of the way.

The first set of boss fights were pretty easy, though I had a few scary moments what with criticals and such. Party for the final was Aigis, Metis, Yukari, and Junpei, the latter two of which had accessories that blocked their weaknesses. Final boss killed me twice, once because I was an idiot and I forgot to switch Yukari from Full Assault to Heal/Support. the other because of Fear haxing(and I was like two moves away from killing it too ;_;), after which I went in with a Serpent's Eye and won quite handily.

Well, first of all, the gameplay was still fun. It's much more limited than the Journey, obviously, in what you can do, but the core battle system is still strong and the fact you can't just crush EVERYTHING into pieces like the Journey's aftergame does add some tension and thoughtfulness. However, the game is still really easy once you get past the beginning. Mixing up random weaknesses/putting more randoms with no weaknesses/faster randoms/etc help, but really once you get down to it you shouldn't really have any problems. Metis being completely fucking broken and clearly the game's MVP behind Aigis doesn't help either. She can do pretty much anything, has no weaknesses, and her Orgia Mode is incredibly useful.

I'm talking about the plot now, so there are going to be Spoilers: 

The plot pacing was really off from what it was in the Journey. The game is nothing but a dungeon crawler, and it's somewhat offputting. The plot itself is decent enough, I guess. It answers a few questions like why Minato had to die, what exactly the Great Seal was supposed to accomplish, how the characters handled him dying to save them all, etc. The existence of Erebus was somewhat hinted at in the Journey(Takaya goes off on a tangent about how people are all secretly wishing for Nyx to bring about the Fall, I suppose it's not that much of a stretch to imagine all that negativity would assume some sort of form in a game where you summon giant penises and flies to do battle for everyone's souls), but you don't know anything at all about it until the very end of the game, and it's all just dumped on you in a few cutscenes.

One thing I don't really like about the plot was that they really made Yukari a bitch for no real reason. Hinting that she had a thing for Minato wasn't really necessary, but I can see why they did it since for most of the Journey she has First Girl Wins status. Just making her bitch everybody out and do nothing but be annoying was not cool. Metis was a decent enough characer, acting as sort of a foil for Aigis, but nothing mindblowing. All in all the plot did its job but, like the Journey, was only propped up by character development and interaction, of which there was very little in the Answer.

It was suitable epilogue, I suppose, especially since the ending is so much more upbeat than "Hey congrats you win now the main character dies lol" ending of the Journey, though that game had a more depressing tone. The Answer happens when everybody has already gone through their miscellaneous personal crisises and already beaten the avatar of Death itself so the outcome was never really in doubt.

If the Journey gets a 9/10, then the Answer would be about a 7/10 or so. I don't know what I'm going to play next, likely nothing for awhile since I'm going to be working lots anyway. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:31:22 PM by AAA »
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: June 04, 2008, 12:03:38 AM »
Persona 3 FES - The Journey: Done again. Same thoughts more or less as the last time. There aren't really enough improvements to give it an extra boost in score. Same fundamental problems exist, although now charm is less of a factor (whee crafting Lovers onto custom weapons). The extra scenes in the ending are a nice touch. That's around it. Same score relatively. I'll get back to The Answer eventually, but for now, I'm a little "persona'd" out.

Wild ARMS 4 - Have to do a few things here. I want to map out the EXP as well as seeing if fighting a Grow Apple or two will help out with the time taken. The latter is a huge pain since every minute spent fighting a grow apple means I'll need to save at least 1 minute and 1 second in order to justify fighitng one; that's really hard to tell if a benefit has been achieved since invisible time is lost here and there. The Arnaud solo is still going; just got past Balgaine. Although the last few fights have been pretty docile. Guardian Chimera still needs to die though.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: June 04, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »
Oh, did I just heard Saya says "Final Hell"?

YOU DID. This game is so full of silly SRW jokes.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Otter

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: June 04, 2008, 08:10:16 PM »
Serious Sam: picked this up for no real reason, played through the training mission, knew IMMEDIATELY that I was playing the right game.  Started up the real game and collected four somethings.  Battle against conquering space aliens + time travel + dodging boulders in ancient tombs = a deep and compelling plot.  There's a little bit of gameplay in there too.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: June 04, 2008, 08:58:45 PM »
DDS2- Getting through the EGG. I am told the dungeons get longer  from here! Joy joy. Plot is getting more interesting, I can't wait to see more from Jenna and Gale.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: June 04, 2008, 09:02:42 PM »
Oh, did I just heard Saya says "Final Hell"?

YOU DID. This game is so full of silly SRW jokes.

Did you catch the Evil God Mokos joke?
And for some reason, Shoumu is pulling stuff out of JoJo.