Register

Author Topic: What Games Are You Playing: 2008  (Read 473631 times)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Re: What Games Are You Playing: 2008
« Reply #2625 on: July 22, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »
Fayt honestly is probably the most OFFENSIVE person in this arc to me, just because of the complete inability to grasp the gravity of the fact that oh shit we are being invaded is more important than getting a guy to his braindamaged ex-love interest(?).
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: July 22, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »
OH now I remember the arc (I think?) it wasn't actually that offensive at the end.

It could have done with more of the Choke a Bitch elements that Sith had to it I guess.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: July 22, 2008, 08:05:13 PM »
It was just a trite waste of time more than anything. Ameena should have just not existed.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: July 22, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »
The whole thing was just melodramatic and pointless filler. Why they put that in I have no idea, especially since it is never mentioned ever again.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: July 22, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »
To make Fnorder homicidal?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: July 22, 2008, 08:52:24 PM »
I always figured it was there because it seemed that Fayt was losing his focus on getting home by getting dragged further and further into the war, so seeing someone who reminded him of Sophia kinda snapped him back to his senses in that respect. Granted, why the arc was as long as it was I don't know, but thats how I saw it.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #2631 on: July 22, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »
Which is also offensively dumb, because he should have been on that earlier. At that point he'd willingly picked a side.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: July 23, 2008, 02:21:20 AM »
OGs - Finally finished with OGs2! Stern was a complete wuss, but the fact I only got 44 Battle Masteries out of 49 probably explains that, though.

So, after the long haul, how does the game measure up? Well. It... basically is the original games with Director's Cut-level extra material and the ridiculous polish that I've grown to love in the modern SRWs. The addition of the Twin mechanic is pretty neat, if potentially abusable and not all that deep. That and adding OG2's additions to the mechanics simply made OGs1 a far superior experience to OG1, for an example - even if the game was even easier, because OG1 enemies already failed at life before having to face actual broken. The general upping they did to the near-entirety of the mechs in the game just makes everything blow up, which is fun as hell.

OGs2 actually went further with the added plot material than OGs1, but SRW PLOT and stuff. It just makes the trainwreck trainwreckier. It's amazing how, in spite of the added shinies (Vaisaga available in a first playthrough? Yuki and Carla getting amazing new mechs? Leona actually getting a mech that doesn't suck in the Siegerlion? Some of the most useful OGs1 mechs returning to OGs2, when it didn't happen in the originals? Fuck. Yeah) the enemies still managed to keep up and be at least a notable annoyance to some degree, and a few of the bosses ate such a boost - particularly Vindel, who was definitely not as scary on-paper in the original.

My only real complaint is that the new weapon twinking system didn't feel too useful - outside of making some pretty unique and insane ammo, their boosts aren't too interesting and equippable weaponry is pretty poor in the OG games anyway, particularly OG2. Still, OGs with PS2 SRW shininess and gameplay polish is just incredibly sexy. 9/10.

I'd do unit evaluations, but that'd take two posts and I don't want that. I will just say that, for OGs1: Bullet in the Armorlion is retardedly broken, Kusuha and the Grungust Type 2 are beasts, Latooni in the new and improved Wildraubtier is retarded, Excellen was still MVP, Kyosuke deals too much damage, Katina doesn't suck what the hell, and Leona makes the fucking Valsion Custom dodge like a real and blows things up what the fuck. Lune and Masaki were also solid. For OGs2: Kyosuke and Excellen would've liked their upgrades earlier, but oddly still manage fine - although Rampage Ghost is *whimper.* in comparison to the original games, Latooni is still a beast because Royal Heart Breaker spam is just too broken, Ryoto in the Hucky Boxer is STOOOOOOOPID, Lamia for total MVP due to Angelg being horrifyingly broken early and the Vaisaga being even more horrifyingly broken lategame, the Chokijin is too retarded, the Ravens are <3 and Yuki/Carla are wonderful pilots, Aussenseiter+Dygenguard destroy worlds (Aussenseiter moreso against grunts, the thing is a fucking random black hole off NotElzam stats and skills), SRX is horrifying and what the hell why did they make Mai even better as a pilot. Raul and his Excellence are cool novelties, but too late.

Anyhow, for new games!

MK: Holy shit, this is fun as hell, even if it's been pretty simple. Getting into C3, and lurking Tally-chus approach.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:24:57 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: July 23, 2008, 03:07:26 AM »
Move onto OGG?

P4- Margaret turns out to be a pushover. The 9999 Megidoraon came too late to be threatening at all. She died before getting the chance to use it. And rest of her attack set are bunch of none threatening elemental damage that can be easily dealt with by switching in Persona with immunities. Yes, immunities, she don't 9999 auto kill if you bring immunities in and you can fight with team mates yeah. Oh, it is also not hard to critical her and she eats down status, which means for more attacking opportunities. So yeah, I just bring up Yoshitsune and hurt her. Easy fight.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: July 23, 2008, 03:12:42 AM »
I'll get to OGG once I'm done with P3, Niu. Which will be done when I'm done with MK.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: July 23, 2008, 03:21:10 AM »
Have fun with Elizabeth.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: July 23, 2008, 03:28:34 AM »
I'm not an insane completionist. >_>

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 23, 2008, 04:05:11 AM »
At least the fight is cannon, though.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: July 23, 2008, 11:25:49 PM »
EO2 - Beat the maingame with Ronin/Protector/Gunner/Medic/Troubadour. The 25F boss is far, far worse than the 25F boss in the first game; same idea but with like half the damage. Admittedly he does manage to attach some binding and stat downs to his damage but it is just so horrible. Melbu Frahma mk II.

FES - Beat the Reaper with the Thunder Reign strategy~! ...kind of. I got a good turn order where he went fourth, but I forgot to keep him knocked down, so he kept getting turns and eventually killed Akihiko and Junpei to move up to 2 in the turn order so I couldn't knock him down. Eventually it ended up with Siegfried Minato using Vorpal Blade whenever he used Mahamaon, and I got to throw a Shock Magatama for the win. Yay blind luck~.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: July 24, 2008, 02:57:42 AM »
While I was with my uncle, I bought MMPU and WAXF for $40 total.

Today is a good day.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: July 24, 2008, 03:22:12 AM »
EO2:  Got to 5th Stratum.  Harpuia was the first boss I didn't use Force Skill spamming against.  Had two resets when her confusion attack went badly for me.  Third time I slaughtered her in two rounds with Landsknecht's Brawn (just bought the Bomb Axe), and War Might'd Gunner's Ricochet.

Brawl:  5 more characters to finish in All Star.  Someone please kill me.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: July 24, 2008, 03:29:07 AM »
MK - how do i mine for soup

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: July 24, 2008, 05:20:01 AM »
FE10: Finished!

Final Team was:

Ike: Is Awesome.  Physical tank with offense.  Mine was fast cause i fed him speed wings so I can unlock SUPER PC, so yeah <_<.  Fun fact is he didn't get an SS in Swords until E-4.  Why? Cause I used him with axes a lot during Part 4 so...

Sanaki: Fed her a bunch of stat buffers, she was decent! ...yeah, she really needs them.  Anyway, blessed Meteor so she could attack without fear of counters, generally worked.  Using Shade/Stillness (forget which!) certainly didn't hurt things.

Micaiah: Extra staff user doesn't hurt, Magic Tank, Magic Nuking, used Rexaura cause it can actually break the Final Bosses Res, and its free damage against her as well.  Gave her Resolve since unlike other Mages, she has Corona, thus can make full use of low HP boosts instead of accidentally offsetting.  This never really kicked in though...

Sothe: ...amazing what 6 extra levels can do to him.  He didn't seem all that bad this time!  28 Strength Cap is lose and fail though; even with Baselard, he struggles to kill some enemies.  Though, his evasion was awesome, and I gave him Daunt to maximize it.

Kurthnaga: Tank.  Not much else to him really! Night Tide is awesome.  Believe I gave him Provoke to further make use of the tanking, and Adept cause his speed sucks and he doesn't double much.

Ena: Magic Tank! Imbue makes her never need healing.  Blood Tide is also awesome.

Elincia: Dragon Foe on her butchers E-3.  Otherwise, she kills things dead unless they are generals on defense panels, and can use staves.  Good evasion offsets the lowish durability to physicals some.  Took Dragon Foe off for the last 2 chapters in place of something minor.  Oh, she also had Savior, for all that she never used it.  Ended up blessing Amiti which actually did help since she managed to hurt the Auras in the final battle some!

Nephenee: Is Nephenee.  Can't remember what skill I gave her for some reason.  Anyway, evades stuff, high defense to tank stuff if she's hit, kills things with Forged Javelins.  That pretty much sums up what she was doing...until she get Wishblade...then she got better!  Wishblade was her Blessed Weapon.

Mia: Never gets hit! Vague Katti was her weapon.  Gave her Adept and Cancel.  Why? Cause that set up lets her kill Red Dragons with a Brave Sword doing 5 damage a hit if she's lucky!
...ok, seriously, its cause Adept compliments her awesome speed, and Cancel lets her avoid counters some.  She had Tempest Blade, Brave Sword and Killing Edge for back ups and such.

Reyson: Had Paragon only cause there was really not much else to give him! He's not really getting into fights so...anyway, Heron, etc.

Giffca: Closest thing I used to a Laguz Royal.  Why? I wanted to be remotely fair, but at the same time, I wanted a trump card to fall back on in case things got iffy.  Giffca was the obvious character; stats are close to Caineghis', Laguz Gem is like Formshift except he can't attack turn 1.  Didn't even need the Laguz Gem in E-3 cause he starts with a full gauge (all NonHerons seem to), and Lion Upkeeps are pretty awesome (not as good as Dragons though!)
Anyway, he's about as good as you expect, a slightly worse Caineghis, etc.
Skills he got included Wrath (I'm aware he didn't need it, but it was a left over!), Nihil (lets him attack Dheggy without fear of a OHKO, if nothing else), and Provoke (...I can't think of a better PC to give this too.)

Jill: Capped nearly every stat! Anyway, had a Forged Brave Axe.  This...meant she couldn't hurt Dheggy, but wasn't a big deal anyway.  She was one of my better PCs in any event.  Mobile Tank that kills stuff, and isn't weak to Arrows.  Dragon Lords are hax in this game.  Can't remember what skill I gave her offhand though...think Savior was one of them, for obvious reasons.

Haar: Was worse than Jill since RNG wasn't as kind/ended up a lower level.  Still was awesome for a lot of the same reasons.  He got to wield Urvan.  Also gave him Adept for that extra oomph since his speed wasn't quite high enough to double.

Mist: ALONDITE DEATH WIELDING GIRL ON A HORSE!  ...more seriously, mobile healer so that Elincia could kill things.  Wielded Fortify in the last battle.  And yes, Alondite was her blessed weapon, no, it didn't really get much use.  I gave her Parity as well, since it helps her get around those annoying +10 Defense Panels.  She also butchered the bishop swarm in E-1.  Also gave her Shade to avoid being targetted.

Shinon: Thinking he was better than Rolf overall.  Rolf's better at insuring things die, but Shinon's more durable, and doubles more enemies.  Either way, you should be using one of the two, since Double Bow is sick (and was his Blessed Weapon!)  Completely decimated Dheggy since he could fire from Range 3, and doubled him.  Had Parity, which in hindsight was a bit of a waste; he could avoid counters, so really, didn't need a Nihil like effect.  Alternatively, though, let him be more effective against the Auras (gets around their panels AND their counters.)  Also ended up getting Imbue cause he had room for it.

Pelleas: A bit disappointing until he got Balberith, then he was good.  Another staff user too.  Being able to use Lightning Magic is of course helpful for obvious reasons.  Didn't use him in the final chapter, though, if only so I could give Balberith to the Super PC whose, well, better in every single way but physical defense (which is offset by him healing 40 HP a turn anyway!)  Gave him Celerity for that extra movement boost.

Soren: Used him for the special Ike conversation.  Blasted things with Rexcalibur as his Blessed weapon.  No, can't remember what skill(s) he got offhand either.  Didn't hurt that he could use Staves for an extra healer in a pinch.

Anyway, things I've come to realize this playthrough?

Laguz Thoughts are the only thing I'm going to bring up!
...I'm ignoring Dragons since they're...very different in many ways, and you have so little access to them, its hard to compare.  Herons are of course excluded too!

First off, just to get it out of the way...

Caineghis =~ Tibarn > Nailah > Naesala.

These are the 4 best Laguz for...obvious reasons.  Caineghis is a beastly tank who really doesn't die, and hits really damned hard.  It says something that he can tank Ire.  Also, twink potential.  No, I'm not being silly; he has a potential of 4 open skill slots, and hellishly high CP like the others.  Best PC in the game? Possible!
Tibarn's a more balanced Royal, and generally worse, especially with Arrow Weakness, HOWEVER, he flies and has ridiculous, which...really, is possibly enough to offset Caineghis.  I'm kneejerking him as being worse, but yeah, he's close.  Also candidate for Best PC in the game.
Nailah is Tibarn who doesn't fly, and lacks Arrow weakness (different elemental weakness, but they offset each other really.) Losing trade frankly.  She's still of course completely bad ass!
Naesala is the worst Royal.  Has the weakest Weapon of the 4, let alone he only starts with an S instead of an SS, so its ESPECIALLY noteworthy for being weaker, and lowest level, thus lowest starting stats.  The overkill speed in practice means absolutely nothing compared to Tibarn and Nailah who double everything anyway (heck, Caineghis doubles most things!)  He's Tibarn-, all things considered.
Of course, the term "Worst Laguz Royal" translates to "only 4th best PC in the game" so really, that's a pretty back handed insult.

But now, for the SLIGHTLY MORE INTERESTING PART MAYBE!

NON ROYAL/HERON/DRAGON LAGUZ RANKINGS!

1. Giffca: Obvious.  He's basically a Laguz Royal without Formshift.  Stats are similarly ridiculous, comes with his Mastery Skill...really, all he needs is a spare Laguz Gem.  Heck, a Laguz Stone and some Olivi Grass and he's set.  Kind of hard to argue this!

2. Ulki.  Tough between choosing him vs. the #3 option, but...when it came down to it, the movement, and Vigilance are just too hax to ignore.  Enemies don't break 20 hit against him ever, often getting 0s...exceptions being Crossbows, but he should NEVER attack those unless his first hit is an insured kill.  Also immune to Criticals in practice for that matter.  Definitely a very good PC who I don't regret using regularly.

3. Skrimir.  Giffca-lite.  He's worse in...well, everything, and lacks the innate Mastery.  Still tanks very well, hits hard, and can actually double things in 4-P and 4-3.  Lion Transformation rates are awesome if you don't mind using 2 Olivi Grass to get him to transform faster (they're Turn 4 with Olivi Grass instead of Turn 3 like Cats/Hawks/Tigers are), which using your Heron, can be made into a Turn 2 transformation.  People who give him Wild Heart waste his potential on that note <_<

4. Janaff.  He's...Ulki, all things considered...except with Insight instead of Vigilance.  We call this a losing trade.  See, Hawk's big awesome stat is Skill...and Laguz Weapons have high hit...the last thing Janaff needed was MORE HIT.  And BETTER FoW PC! matters for like one chapter where he can be used (4-1.)  Better offensively due to higher strength IIRC.  Regardless, he's still pretty bad ass.  Doubles just about everything, enemies have issues hitting him, things that do hit don't hurt hard enough...yeah.  Hawks are awesome in this game...at least the PC ones.  Enemy Hawks SUCK outside of how flight makes them harder to guard against.

5. Mordecai.  30 Defense or whatever in Part 2.  That's all that needs to be said.  He's an incredible tank when shifted, and Tiger rates, like Hawks, are adequate enough to make him not annoying to be used (turn 3 with one Olivi Grass.)  He's a bit lacking on speed, admittedly, so his offense could use work, though, he does hit hard for someone who can only hit once at least.

6. Nealuchi.  He's Janaff/Ulki with less offense, and slower transformation.  Also rejoins a bit under leveled.  He's solid enough, but felt he could use an extra boost somewhere.  Slower transformation than the Hawks was really not needed.

7. Muarim. A bit surprised by this, honestly.  I was thinking Muarim would be lower but...well, despite rejoining underleveled, his defense and strength are high enough that he last a decent amount in 4-4.  The lack of usability hurts, and the fact that getting him Olivi Grass requires using other PCs turns and such.

8. Ranulf. Ok, it was tough between him and Volug, but handed it to Ranulf on grounds that Ranulf transforms faster, and is better out of the gate.  Actually, Ranulf would be a fine PC if he WASN'T A FREAKING CAT.  Cat's suck.  They run out of gas too fast, and have one of the worst weapons (I think only Ravens have worse.)   If he was a tiger, he'd be higher.  Yes, transformation upkeeps matter that much.

9. Volug. Everything the cats wish they were!  This is offset by having Lion Transformation Rates.  I know you're thinking "but you just said that's easy to work around!" and you'd be right...the difference? Wolves have Tiger's Transformation Upkeeps.  This means its harder for him to transform, AND its harder for him to maintain it.  Its just like Ravens, except Ravens Fly so that compensates some (...Hawks are just silly admittedly.)  Anyway, he likes to double things, and has good evade, but...felt something was missing, probably cause he's generally hard to keep up to speed (gets garbage EXP during Part 1 where he's either overleveled OR EXP Gains are slammed due to Wildheart, and then limited use in Part 3 to further catch up.)  He's not bad, but definitely wanted more.

10. Kyza. A Tiger without what makes Tigers awesome, aka the awesome tanking.  ALTERNATIVELY, Ranulf with better transformation rates, but lacks the overleveledness aspect that makes Ranulf actually good.  I can see what they were aiming at with him; a midway between a Cat and a Tiger, and they did choose the right race (Tigers > Cats, period.)  The problem? Generally balanced stats in a Fire Emblem game don't really mesh, FEs tend to be better when you work with extremes (notice how the highest laguz are those with either obscene defense stats OR really awesome evade?  Kyza's more like "above average" in both.  Alternatively, its like why Lyn and Hector are generally regarded as better than Eliwood.)  Kyza's hit by this.  Worst part?  He joins when Mordecai Rejoins *AND* when Ranulf is starting to get forced, and Janaff/Ulki join not much longer after.  Trying to work with that many Laguz at once hurts, and its obvious who are the better ones.

11. Vika.  Ok, now we reach the real scrubs.  Vika wins for the following reasons above the bottom two.  First off, she flies; Ravens and Hawks have this nice niche of having Shove *AND* Canto to boot.  Next off, she has Part 1 in her favor.  She's actually really good there! Pity it doesn't last long, and she's near useless when she rejoins underleveled.  All things considered, Vika is Nealuchi, if Nealuchi joined even more under leveled.  Nealuchi's underlevedness hurt, but it wasn't un-salvageable  (some bonus EXP or feed him a few kills, he'll catch up.  He also rejoins earlier), Vika's is...Nino level...and when caught up, she's not much better than Nealuchi, let alone Janaff/Ulki...to say nothing of Tibarn and Naesala, who yes, now matter cause all that's left is really Endgame arc, and if you're using a Laguz, you're PROBABLY just going to use the Royals.
ANyway, yeah, she sucks after Part 1.

12. Lethe.  Horrible fail.  Even transformed in Part 2 where she's got a decent level edge, she STILL felt like the least effective character in Chapter 2-2, barring MAYBE Heather, who offsets this by not having to worry about being caught off guard (Read: Untransformed), has Rogue utilities, and can attack from Range to avoid counters anyway.  Her evasion in the early parts doesn't really stand out, and her damage is poor.  She's...well, exactly what's wrong with cats!  Oh yeah, being a cat makes her suck too.

13. Lyre.  Cause Lethe wasn't bad enough, the game hands you UNDERLEVELED LETHE!  I really don't need to explain why she sucks.  SHe's...quite possibly the worst character in the game.  If she isn't, I'm open to who actually is. A Laguz whose underleveled, worst race in the game of them, and once caught up, STILL isn't very good.

Ok, got that out of my system!

Anyway, moving on from there...

DMC1 Hard Mode: Was trying to beat this before DLC3, but...failed, since Mundus is a whore and I don't feel like farming Red Orbs for an untouchable from the enemies in the area at the time.  Also needed to start packing too, etc.  Anyway, its fun otherwise!

FF4DS: Yeah, started this, just beat Antlion.  Withdrawing thoughts for now, probably overkilled you all with the FE10 talk.

[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: July 24, 2008, 08:09:21 AM »
MMPU: Beat Cut Man, Elec Man, and Ice Man so far[and got them playable]. If this were normal MM1 for unlock reqs, getting them would be very stupid[ahahahaha buster-only MM1 bosses not named Cut Man, Guts Man, or Bomb Man], but PU balanced bosses to be taken with a buster, so it's all good.

Feels very nice. MM1 with the polish it was sorely lacking.

WA:XF - FFT + WA = this. Has potential, but I only just got past the first battle. Music is awesome and I need to nab the OST when I get back home.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: July 24, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »
How the hell does Meeple manage to make such a huge ass post when he's at con >.>

Legend of Dragoon - Dialogue in this game is so camp. It's so bad it's funny. Been playing this since I managed to buy an old PSX for £4.99. Picked up from an old file on disc three where Haschel/Meru/Dart was my team. Turned out I'd already defeated Faust as well as the Vellweb optionals so not much to do there. Spent sometime working on additions, then completed Zenebatos and Mayfill. Exited Mayfill to train somemore before going to the Moon. Obtained and mastered Perky Step and Omnisweep for Meru and Haschel. Dart already had Blazing Dynamo. Bought three Legend Casques and an Armour of Legend before heading off to the moon (yes this is a cheap tactic but hey at least I waited till the end of the game before buying them >.> <.<)

Caterpillar/Imago was easy, never even touched my team. Meru and Haschel's speed boosted by the dancer and bandit's equipment plus LC equal bad CT, baaad. Individual character fights on the moon were interesting since I haven't play that part for a while. Kongol and Rose were badly trained so both Indora and Michael took a while. Miranda and Albert had been built up so they were awesme as always. As for Haschel he is the hax with Destroyer Mace - 5700+ damage at 1HP + w/th Power Up in his individual character fight. Seventh Angel was made a mockery of with with Perky Step and Power Up. Funny thing is at the start of battle he threw a flower ... which healed Meru wth.

For the boss before the final I gave Meru a Magical Hat and Amulet for Blue Sea dragon spam which really laid the hurt on the boss. Pity she can't go special there though. Saved before the final boss. May train to at least L45 before taking it on but I don't know. Probably can take it at this stage, I just like big numbers. Definitely going to get Haschel's HP lowered since everyone's HP was fully healed after the last boss.

Going to replay FFIX next I think.

S03 - Gutsy bunny challenge thingies. Albel's finally past Azazer and guards (thank you super!) and I haven't lost all my hair. Peppita has two mini bosses and the final boss left. Chimera Hawks were hard for her. Chimera was also vaguely difficult.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:31:53 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: July 24, 2008, 12:43:05 PM »
Bought three Legend Casques and an Armour of Legend before heading off to the moon (yes this is a cheap tactic but hey at least I waited till the end of the game before buying them >.> <.<)

HOW IN THE HELL did you get the money for THREE Legend Casques and an Armour of Legend? Money comes slow as shit in Legend of Dragoon. Heck, I hardly had 12000 gold by the time I reached the Moon, barely enough to buy one legend casque, much less THREE.

Alright, but now I'm just ranting <.<

Decided to replay FF9, seeing as my dungeon teams includes Garnet. Seems it helped out more than I'd thought it.

In any case, just finished the Desert Palace/Oeilvert and am headed to Esto Gaza right now. Not much to say so far. My team consists of Zidane (duh), Steiner, Amarant and Garnet. Amarant is much more beastly than I remembered him to be. Powered up Chakra heals like mad, No Mercy + pitching Rising Suns is my best damage right now, not to mention Return Magic.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:57:53 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: July 24, 2008, 12:54:51 PM »
Sounds awesme. I need to use Amarant more, Freya too. Mainly always used Steiner, Vivi, Eiko, Garnet.

HOW IN THE HELL did you get the money for THREE Legend Casques and an Armour of Legend? Money comes slow as shit in Legend of Dragoon. Heck, I hardly had 12000 gold by the time I reached the Moon, barely enough to buy one legend casque, much less THREE.

Really? o-o

I already had over 30'000 gold when I loaded my old file. I bought the three casques then was back up to around 8000~ gold after obtaining and maxxing Haschel's final addition at Vellweb. Then I sold a dragon shield in order to make up the 2000 difference to buy the Armour of Legend.

"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: July 24, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
Sounds awesme. I need to use Amarant more, Freya too. Mainly always used Steiner, Vivi, Eiko, Garnet.

Really? o-o

I already had over 30'000 gold when I loaded my old file. I bought the three casques then was back up to around 8000~ gold after obtaining and maxxing Haschel's final addition at Vellweb. Then I sold a dragon shield in order to make up the 2000 difference to buy the Armour of Legend.

Well, I was getting well under 20 gold per battle, and the stuff I was selling sold for like, 100-200~ gold, not to mention the cost of rebuying restoratives and new equipment. You'd get lucky during boss battles, which tended to drop more gold (500+), but then you just reached the next town which forced you to buy NEW equipment.

Perhaps you played differently than me, though. Maybe you didn't need to restock on healing items so much. ;o
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: July 24, 2008, 01:56:38 PM »
FE6 - Up to the desert chapter, which I've held off from playing through for a while because I freaking hate desert chapters. The followup chapter that comes directly afterwards doesn't exactly help matters.

Managed to beat the bridge chapter without restarting once which is considerably different from my last play from memory.

Currently got Deke and Alan promoted... Lance is on the verge but I don't have anything to promote him with yet, so I'm going to have to dump him for a time. Clarine is also on the verge... unsure on whether I should take her into the desert or not, I could use some extra magic, but the movement failure... but coupled that Saul and Ellen are levels 6 and 5. Hmm. Not something I would normally worry about but fog of war + enemy wyverns make that a somewhat dicey plan. Lugh's getting up there but he's not really likely to promote in this level until near the end if that, so no point trying to use him for staffery unless I promote him early.

Xenogears - Up to infiltrating Aveh after having done some mountaineering. Thoughts so far... it's pretty decent in general, but a bit clunky. The camera needs a way to rotate up and down or I just suck at finding how.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: July 24, 2008, 02:18:07 PM »
Okay two individual playthroughs I'm referring to here.

Vanilla FFL2 - I haven't done too much aside from stat grinding, so my Human will be able to do at 900+ damage at LEAST with the Xcalibr from Final Dungeon, since my Robot will probably be armed with two Gungnirs and two Sun swords. Or something of the sort. STILL trying to get P-Blast for my Mutants since Hime's getting the Psi Gun. Running a party of MutantF/MutantF/Robot/HumanF

(neo)FFL2 with Monsters - A hack done by a GFAQs member, based on Amuseum's neoFFL2. It aims to rebalance the monsters and give it a higher difficulty. He succeeded. Very well. It's very well done and I'm running a party of MutantF/Monster/Monster/Monster. Since it's based on Amuseum's neoFFL2, his items and stuff were incorporated too, making the game a very enjoyable experience with monsters. No longer do Beetles suck total ass! Expect a review of the top tier monsters once I finish with this.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.