Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2018 REVENGEANCE Finals  (Read 940 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2018 REVENGEANCE Finals
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »
Godlike

BossX (SaGa Frontier) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III)

Heavy

Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3)

Middle

Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)

Light

Menardi (Golden Sun) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2018 REVENGEANCE Finals
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 06:30:33 PM »
Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3)
Shining evasion claims another scalp.  Machine guns & Rifles have substantially the best accuracy in-game, and are also multi-hit, so he can probably still do some scratch damage through stated 95% evade (~= 80% evade?), but cruddy wind healing can keep up with that.

Light

Menardi (Golden Sun) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates)
I didn't get to Menardi in GS, but since votership for this is gonna be poor...   looks like the base strat for Menardi is Impact x2, then a doubled-attack.  That gives Orochi 2 attacks & a counter, which hurts like hell for ~1.90 PCHP or so, and is probably an Orochi win. 
If you use a full-cast average that holds the CQ characters against Orochi (making her relatively frailer but also relatively less sluggish), then Menardi might KO with just Impact x1 -> double attack and only have to eat 2 Orochi spells of ~1.27 PCHP or so, which my suspicion is that Menarci can probably take and win with.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 07:26:36 PM »
Godlike

BossX (SaGa Frontier) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III)

Heavy

Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3) - Shining, yet again.  Ryogo's not much of a fan of freeze, either.

Middle

Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny) - Kneejerk for healing and magic damage.

Light

Menardi (Golden Sun) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) - Menardi doubles but doesn't one-round as Death Seize only 3HKOs Orochi, which means she eats two Orochi attacks, which under the average I use is about 1.4 PCHP, which is more than any view of Menardi's HP I'd consider to be reasonable.  If Orochi's piss-poor AS actually translated into piss-poor turn speed I'd actually vote the other way but this isn't the kind of slow Menardi wants.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 07:31:13 PM by Random Consonant »

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 10:57:21 PM »
Heavy
Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3) - Ryogo gets hardwalled by Jusis' Evade set up. He just has to avoid a turn 1 ROFUP chain of doom (which will happen more often than not), cast Shining and GG. For the record, Seal is also a big problem for Ryogo and since Jusis magic can be true MT'd here, I doubt I'd see Shields working on them too. So yeah, spoil'd

EDIT: It occurred to me that Ryogo can alter his skill set up to use Zoom 1 to try and soft counter the evade. However, this still runs into problems because even when Zoom 1 activates, Ryogo will need a really big chain to put damage on Jusis. Worse yet, he needs several consecutively if one moderate chain can't one round because Jusis can just start healing. So cute option, but probably not in the end.

Light
Menardi (Golden Sun) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) - Menardi needs to a) 2HKO b) not be 2HKO back. I'm not sure I see the former even if I see the latter, so this is pretty open and shut.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:48:53 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:27:29 PM »
Ryu 3 - General Ryu3 respect if he's not OHKO'd turn 1.

No Heavy, sorry.

Xander - I think letting him counter Rutee's magic gives it to him?

Orochi - probably?

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 12:26:22 AM »
Isn't every worthwhile ToD spell GT/MT?  Kind of hard to hype FE characters countering those.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 02:39:38 AM »
Godlike

BossX (SaGa Frontier) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III): LordCannon has initiative but it doesn't KO, Ryu transforms and beats BossX to death rather effortlessly? He... does need to avoid a detransform or he'll see LordCannon again but I'm pretty sure he can.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 03:29:26 AM »
Isn't every worthwhile ToD spell GT/MT?  Kind of hard to hype FE characters countering those.

Hmm... good point... the big damage spells *are* generally GT/MT, but looking at it more closely, Rutee's main source of damage is Bloody Rose anyway, which being physical I imagine gets countered anyway.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 01:24:47 PM »
It's not like Rutee even has problems killing with her lower damage spells, especially with her gross resource depth. She has no reason to use Bloody Rose if her spells avoid counters and do the job.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 03:50:19 PM »
Avoid counters -and- Xander's 3 PCHPish physical durability.  Bloody Rose is just a terrible idea in this fight in general since it's not nearly better enough on raw damage to justify eating counters.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:02:15 PM by Random Consonant »