imageRegister

Author Topic: Futurama 2019 Week 4  (Read 1192 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2019 Week 4
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:15:52 PM »
Godlike

Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Reicher Wallach (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Heavy

Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle) vs Nera Briscolleti (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)
Tana (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium)

Middle

Freya Crescent (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lucas (Mother 3)
Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Nightburn Acklund (Wild ARMs 5)

Light

Selphie Tilmitt (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Shura (Fire Emblem Fates)
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Otome Yanagiya (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2)

And seeing as I forgot in the last thing:

What games need to get player data gathered and added to the big ranking list?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 05:41:29 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2019 Week 4
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 01:34:37 PM »
Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue) - EBO.
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Reicher Wallach (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Fou checks all the boxes of things Reicher really wishes he didn't have to face.

Tana (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) - Tana probably wins if you see her evade checking Negatis, but not feeling that argument today.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 03:18:04 PM »
Godlike

Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue): 70% magic reduction not good enough here.
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Reicher Wallach (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Reicher's single worst draw in the entire DL?

Heavy

Tana (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium): If I ever switch to making threat range anything more than a tiebreak this will go Tana's way since Rune is only slightly above average and Tana shreds him in a turn, but yeah I'm inclined to say Negatis doesn't check evade (PS4 physical skills don't, and Tana's evade doesn't work against pure status).

Middle

Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Nightburn Acklund (Wild ARMs 5): I keep thinking Ursula is gonna lose then she doesn't. In this case, Nightburn seemed like a generally better than her, but then I remember he's 2x weak to fire, so Ursula has 75% fire damage after his weakness using a fire claw. Nightburn comes out around 1.56 PCHP to me so she 3HKOs him, but he doesn't 2HKO her and she is faster.

Light

Selphie Tilmitt (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Shura (Fire Emblem Fates): Selphie 3HKOs (regardless of Highwayman) and is ITE. Shura doubles after Highwayman which he activates after his first turn. Does Iron Bow + Silver Bow x2 kill? Looks like it, as long as I use the lower kill point... but not if I use the higher. Of course, Shura also wins if he goes first, but see above point about only using threat range as a tiebreak at the moment so Selphie being +1 speed from average is currently worth more to me. Abstain for now, not sure about the kill point I use. EDIT: Sure I'm convinced. Rare footage of Selphie beating a good Light without needing to get a limit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:11:30 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 04:42:35 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Rabbid Luigi (Rabbids Kingdom Battle) vs Nera Briscolleti (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) - oh look, a 0-vote match.
Tana (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) - I mean Negatis explicitly checks something that isn't evade and there's no reason to believe in this instance that there's anything that would otherwise force the issue (especially since (at least as far as my own views are concerned) unlike FE8 Stone, Negatis is only grouped in with things that are also pure status) so...

Middle

Freya Crescent (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lucas (Mother 3) - Luna makes a mockery of Lucas and everything he stands for.

Light

Selphie Tilmitt (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Shura (Fire Emblem Fates) - If Shura only wins this by factoring in accuracy but not crits/skill procs then as far as I'm concerned he doesn't win this at all, either factor in RNG completely or ignore it entirely.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Otome Yanagiya (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2) - 2HKOs pretty cleanly.  Honestly Otome doesn't really have much buisness hanging around in Light even with the bad physical durability.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 04:55:52 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 02:20:01 AM »
Yeah, I use the no-accuracy average since skill activations & stuff exist and I'm willing to hype 'em.  Also, didn't mention this back in week 1, but Shura is one of the most money intensive Fates duelers, since Highwayman means he really wants an Iron Sword +2, Silver Sword, Iron Bow +2, and Silver Bow (having a forged Iron Bow is important to him beating Marco, say), so any sort of average disrespect from splashing some extra cash to the rest of the cast...  not to mention that he steals your $$ in-game and you lose out on a Boots in his better route for getting him. 

Rabbid Luigi vs Nera
Yeah, probably no votes, except for maybe Djinn?  Theorycraft thoughts (I technically played a LITTLE M+R):

If Luigi spams damage and fails to 2HKO: Nera has 0.74 PCHP, but mildly bad Defense.  If Luigi can't threaten a 2HKO, then spam healing & instant death attempts when Super Barrier is down.
If Luigi spams damage and 2HKOs: I think it comes down to turn-based high speed doubling respect.  Nera has healing but it's not real amazing by endgame, stat topic says 75-95 HP of healing to 200 HP.  If she's getting a ton of doubles she can both keep up and also work in some ID attempts (her MP pool is excellent by endgame, she has time), but if you're stingy about turn-based doubles, she might just be heal-locked.
If Luigi goes for the Stone weapon: No idea.  Nera doesn't have any useful buffs here for surviving being stoned, and Luigi can rig Super Barrier to be ready when she does get a turn, so this might be the correct strategy.

Games to research:
* Dragon Quest XI I guess?  I think I know the answer, though: Djinn / Namagomi / Saika / me.  DQ11 has weirdly good playership among the non-voters though...  NotMiki / Otter / Sierra / VSM, etc.

* Tokyo Xanadu??  I think that's just Tide.  I'm halfway through though.  Okay maybe more like a third of the way through.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:24:50 AM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 10:12:41 AM »
Godlike

Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue): 70% magic reduction not good enough here.
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Reicher Wallach (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Reicher's single worst draw in the entire DL?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Tana (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium)- I think I'm actually okay with having Tana evade check Negatis (since I'm just going on the hybrid of Evade-Mdef for FE 8 magical evade), which does barely push it to turn 2, but Tana doesn't anywhere near OHKO him with AS counted into damage averages and Rune is...technically faster for all that it's impossible in game to have a party where Rune is above average speed.

Middle

Gathering Data
Cosmic Star Heroine
If not yet collected, Cold Steel 2
...into the nightfall.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 05:00:37 PM »
Middle

Freya Crescent (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lucas (Mother 3) - Going for the Luna strategy, they both 4HKO and Freya is *just* fast enough to get her fifth turn before Lucas gets his fourth.  Lot closer than I'd kneejerk give it credit for, at any rate.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 05:40:44 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Rabbids Kingdom Battle) vs Nera Briscolleti (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)- No vote.
Tana (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium)

Middle

Freya Crescent (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lucas (Mother 3)- No vote.

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Otome Yanagiya (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2)

Octopath Traveler!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 08:58:17 PM »
Godlike

Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- i vs Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- iiii
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)- iiiii vs Reicher Wallach (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Heavy

Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle) vs Nera Briscolleti (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) 3:57 PM] BOTRPBot: @CmdrKing rolled 2.
Tana (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium)- iiiii

Middle

Freya Crescent (Final Fantasy IX)- ii vs Lucas (Mother 3)
Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- iiii vs Nightburn Acklund (Wild ARMs 5)

Light

Selphie Tilmitt (Final Fantasy VIII)- iiii vs Shura (Fire Emblem Fates)
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Otome Yanagiya (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2)- ii