Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2019 Season 2, week 3  (Read 1088 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2019 Season 2, week 3
« on: September 16, 2019, 01:41:31 AM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler) vs Persephone (Wild ARMs 5)
Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Jack Russel (Radiata Stories)
Cecelia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs) vs Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story)
Vampire (Bravely Default) vs Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5)

Heavy

Therion (Octopath Traveler) vs Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Vyse Inglebard (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates)
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Jade (Dragon Quest XI)
Tidus (Final Fantasy X) vs Mimikyu (Pokémon)

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Seena (Lufia 3: The Legend Returns)
Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc)
Kir (I Am Setsuna) vs Anri (Shining Force)
Alanis (Suikoden III) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates)
Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rubella (Child of Light)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2019 Season 2, week 3
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 02:55:22 AM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler) vs Persephone (Wild ARMs 5): Offence! If Hard Attack is seen as staff (IIRC it's an unarmed attack), then Persephone can break Esmeralda immediately then get off a boosted Gatling Gun (=18000 damage, yikes). That's... probably enough to kill Esmy? Maybe not. If Esmy survives, she uses Five Strikes and wins instantly. Have to decide exactly where I see Octopath boss HP.
Cecelia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs) vs Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story): Obvious.
Vampire (Bravely Default) vs Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5): Laser Silhouette does its thing. It being fixed damage means Vampire has no answer to it.

Heavy

Therion (Octopath Traveler) vs Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky): Therion should probably Shackle Foe immediately to not die, and can obviously kill turn 3. But Estelle does kill with two Blue Impacts and 2/3 of her limit, albeit only barely... 101% to Therion's ~94% durability. So can he save himself with HP THIEF on turn 2? It... looks like he barely can.
Tidus (Final Fantasy X) vs Mimikyu (Pokémon): Do we have a Sun/Moon stat topic? I couldn't find one.

Middle

Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII): I respect Sidestep's "works on literally goddamn everything" more than Squall's 255% hit.

Light

Kir (I Am Setsuna) vs Anri (Shining Force): OHKOs. Anri might be too much for Light based on SF1o.
Alanis (Suikoden III) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates): Isn't borderline Puny.
Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rubella (Child of Light): Bowser is probably too much for Light.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 04:09:11 AM »
Godlike

Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Jack Russel (Radiata Stories)- Jack can 2HKO each of Oz's forms. but Oz just 2HKOs him first!

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Albel's best chance is Vampiric Flash. Emma actually needs to think about Crescent Mirror for the damage surge. However, this still isn't enough for best spell + Scraft to KO Albel
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Seena (Lufia 3: The Legend Returns)- Astral Wing, Attack->Jump Kick should work given Seena fraility.
Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)-  A few turn 2 statuses that should end up and make it so that I don't have to think about XB damage

Light

Kir (I Am Setsuna) vs Anri (Shining Force)- Can't vote, but do agree that Anri is too much for Light
Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rubella (Child of Light)- Agree that Bowser is too much for Light.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 07:07:41 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Tidus (Final Fantasy X) vs Mimikyu (Pokémon) - From what I remember of Mimikyu's stats that were posted some several seasons back... he probably 3HKOs (if only it wasn't phys reliant) Tidus and has questionable pdur, so I think this is Tidus's match here since he's not thwarted by ghost typing?  Gonna have to doublecheck.  e:  oh right Mimikyu gets Charm, that's a thing.  e2: don't think it's quite enough given the eventual turnsplit though?  And this is assuming I don't see celestials bypassing ghost typing which well... considering how shaky ghost typing is for actual physical immunity I very well might.

Middle

nope

Light

Alanis (Suikoden III) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) - even if Alanis were somehow fast enough to double Orochi with worthwile spells, all the worthwhile fire rune spells are MT.  whoops!
Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rubella (Child of Light) - Why -was- the King of Awesome nommed in Light anyways.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 04:14:21 AM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 01:27:03 AM »

Heavy

I'll buy Elf's maths for Estelle's usual strategy.  (I could run it for Trails SC as well, but Estelle is in general slightly worse there than FC, so I doubt it would change the outcome.)  That said...  this might be a rare time where Estelle drops a "turn 0" S-Craft and actually eats the awful turnspeed penalty to avoid getting Shackled, then hopes a late-turn-2 Blue Impact seals the deal.  For this to be effective, she'd need to gain more from the extra S-Craft damage then she loses from giving up a Blue Impact.  Maybe?

Hmm, do people see Attack Down as debuffing both "physical" attacks and "magical" attacks?  Probably not.  Even if it's only physical, Camilla does way, way less damage with a Bolt Axe.  On the bright side, Savage Blow is great for plowing through a lot of HP.  Hmm..  seems ATtack-Down Vyse 5HKOs Camilla (but counters).  If we let Camilla go first due to her high threat range, she opens with a Silver Axe (32 dmg) + Savage Blow, eats Vyse counter, Vyse attacks (no counter), Camilla Bolt Axe (13 dmg) +SB, Vyse counter, Vyse attacks, Camilla gets one last Bolt Axe attack (13 dmg) then Vyse finishes his 5HKO on the counter (or even 6HKO if needed since he'll have his own turn).  So can 58 Fates damage + 2 Savage Blows beat up Vyse?  Sure, with a killpoint of 55 Fates damage, that's ~1.4 PCHP vs. average, but Vyse has above-average HP so the Savage Blows do even more, and Vyse has 1.44 durability.

No EP...  but...  assuming Maijin's aren't relevant and Thage is forced to pick Hellcaster or Flameweaver form first, Jade can equip against either Fire or Dark as appropriate, then probably go first & 2HKO Thage's bad HP while not getting OHKO'd is my kneejerk based off the stat topic.

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Yeah, SO3 damage averages are hard to peg, but unless Albel truly fails at damage, Emma needs to set up something crazy like a full set of Speed buffs, some ATS buffs, then double turn for 2 spells -> S-Craft.  Only Light physical duelists should ever let this happen.

Well, Squall could attack himself, and then multi-hit Renzokuken through Sidestep spam...  but I'm pretty sure if he's that low, a Tressa turn 2 boosted Tradewinds, pathetic damage though it is, finishes him off.  If it's not a secure kill, equip Elemental Heavy Armor or something.

Light

Python's suspect damage bites him here, as long as Jeanne doesn't get antsy and ram herself into too many counters.  Python can't go to Steel Bow or else he'll start getting doubled (Iron Bow Python is exactly average), so he 5HKOs or thereabouts.  Jeanne launches a single attack, eats more attacks while busily doing nothing, eventually transforms and hopes to finish the job with a Visiting Goddess which should easily finish the job along with the original attack.  She can even still win with a miss.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 01:29:44 AM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 03:12:25 AM »
No EP...  but...  assuming Maijin's aren't relevant and Thage is forced to pick Hellcaster or Flameweaver form first, Jade can equip against either Fire or Dark as appropriate, then probably go first & 2HKO Thage's bad HP while not getting OHKO'd is my kneejerk based off the stat topic.

Would Jade have a response to Fear?
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 07:08:07 AM »
Dhyer: Bit of an interp issue on what the equivalent status is, since DQ11 isn't a SRPG.  There isn't a direct Fear equivalent; flavor-wise, fear effects tend to generate single-turn skip (XYZ is scared and skips his turn).  Gameplay-wise, this might be seen as DQ11 paralysis?  There's no move command though, DQ11 paralysis is straight up do-nothing.  If not seen as paralysis, there are ability-sealing and spell-sealing effects, but not quite a perfect match, since you can still basic attack or use items under them.  If one of these work (paralysis, single turn skip, or a combination of ability & spell sealing), then Jade sets up her two accessories as one (Fire or Dark resist) accessory, and the other as the correct one of:

* Catholicon Ring: Reduce odds of Sleep, Confusion, Poison, Venom, Bedazzle (=Blind), Paralysis, & Turn Skip by 50%.
* Elfin Charm: Reduce odds of Sleep, Confusion, Spell-Sealing (=Silence), Instant Death, & Turn Skip by 50%.  Reduces MP theft abilities to 50% effectiveness.
* Care Ring: Reduce odds of Spell-Sealing (=Silence) and Ability-Sealing by 50%.

If none of this is seen as working against EP Fear, but you let all-status blockers work (or work against 1 picked status), then Jade's helmet is this:

* Xenlon Hair Ring (25% resistance to status ailments)

With the slight proviso that it's a crazy late piece of equipment.  (Requires beating a tough multi-battle gauntlet fast with small parties, e.g. 4x battles of 2 different characters each, under a strict turncount limit.)  If allowed, probably pushes Fear to turn 2.  Finally, if you forbid that helmet but let other all-status blockers work, Jade's Re-Vamp has some hard-to-quantify boost to all status resistance (40-50% resistance?), but then she's giving up her first turn to buff up, so Thage might possibly just scrap the status plan after seeing a Re-Vamp opening and aim to 2HKO through the elemental resistance.  No idea if she can manage it.

(And if you're very strict and absolutely none of this works, well, then Fear does its thing I guess!  But Jade is generally quite anti-status in-game in DQ11.)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 11:16:44 PM »
Godlike

Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Jack Russel (Radiata Stories)

Heavy

Tidus (Final Fantasy X) vs Mimikyu (Pokémon)

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Seena (Lufia 3: The Legend Returns)

Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)

Light

Kir (I Am Setsuna) vs Anri (Shining Force)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 12:25:36 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Vyse Inglebard (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates)- No vote.
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Jade (Dragon Quest XI)- No vote.
Tidus (Final Fantasy X) vs Mimikyu (Pokémon)- Mmm.  Mimikyu DOES have Baby-doll Eyes (Charm with Priority basically) and Pain Split so I guuuueessss that could math out but without a full stat topic I'm going to err on the side of Tidus.

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- MP can be A Thing in Cold Steel so sure.
Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)- I think.
Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- No vote.

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc)- No vote.
Kir (I Am Setsuna) vs Anri (Shining Force)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 02:11:43 AM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler)- ii vs Persephone (Wild ARMs 5)
Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- ii vs Jack Russel (Radiata Stories)
Cecelia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs) vs Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story)- iiiiii
Vampire (Bravely Default) vs Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5)- iiiii

Heavy

Therion (Octopath Traveler)- ii vs Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Vyse Inglebard (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates)- ii
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Jade (Dragon Quest XI) 9:14 PM] BOTRPBot: @CmdrKing rolled 1.
Tidus (Final Fantasy X)- iii vs Mimikyu (Pokémon)

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- iii
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)- ii vs Seena (Lufia 3: The Legend Returns)
Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler)- iiii vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- ii

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc)- i
Kir (I Am Setsuna) vs Anri (Shining Force)- ii
Alanis (Suikoden III) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiiii
Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iiiii vs Rubella (Child of Light)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 02:14:28 AM by Cmdr_King »