Author Topic: Futurama 2019 Season 3, Week 1  (Read 1561 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2019 Season 3, Week 1
« on: December 14, 2019, 12:29:36 AM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Simeon (Octopath Traveler)
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Eriko ‘Elly’ Kirishima (Persona)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel)
Shadow Namatame (Persona 4) vs Miguel (Octopath Travler)

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Claude (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Adelbert Steiner (Final Fantasy IX) vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)
Tohru Adachi (Persona 4) vs Erik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)

Middle

Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Ophilia Clement (Octopath Travler)
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)
Nergal (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Arthur (Fire Emblem Fates)

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Cuisses (Jeanne D’Arc)
Viktor (Suikoden) vs Primrose Azelhart (Octopath Traveler)
Nina (Suikoden II) vs Goofy (Kingdom Hearts)
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2019 Season 3, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 01:35:39 AM »
Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Eriko ‘Elly’ Kirishima (Persona) - This is how you use a tank.
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel) - sure I guess

Heavy

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) - Wrong side of Flare's charge speed there.

Middle

Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) - Yeah Tifa doesn't care for the durability, Healing Infusion, or Rending Gale.
Nergal (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) - unless there's something huge I'm missing, lol.
White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Arthur (Fire Emblem Fates) - After LightSword and the inevitable WTD, Arthur's hit rate is probably going to be a little too bad to have much of a shot.

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates) - I'm not sure if Raja is slow enough to let Mr. Perfect double with counters but Subaki surely doubles on his own turns and that's likely enough to threaten a heal lock.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:52:03 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 03:08:54 AM »
Godlike
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel)- Sephiroth certainly doesn't have the HP for this
Shadow Namatame (Persona 4) vs Miguel (Octopath Travler)- I don't have enough of a solid say on Octopath boss HP here. Namatame does have him broken on turn 2.

Heavy
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- Smash

Middle
Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Ophilia Clement (Octopath Travler)- Going to guess that Ophilia needs 5x times her base damage to kill Miakis, but Miakis 3HKOs her on average so Ophilia will heal every turn (granted of course, meaning Ophilia can't OHKO her and Miakis buys extra time for good crit/swing proc or a double with healing). The match really comes down to lucky proc rates and doubles, which is a mess I'm not tackling at the moment, although Heal More feels like the match is more in Ophilia's court.
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- Healstall to limit smash plus great Pdur anywyas
Nergal (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- Lol

Light

Viktor (Suikoden) vs Primrose Azelhart (Octopath Traveler)- Switched vote, halving Dark will give him this.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:50:11 PM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »
All the Octopath this week, I see...

Miguel debuffs the wrong stat here.  While Namatame's elemental damage pre-Quad Converge is pretty pathetic, I'm used to thinking of landing multiple breaks on an 8PT boss as usually being fatal.  That said...  hmm, Miguel doesn't get more shield points post-break, so he's always broken in 2 spells.  That said, if he survives the first break and then resolves a full focused Hurl Spear, that probably smashes Namatame.  Both of these bosses are a bit overrated by smart AI in the DL of course (Namatame for hitting the right weakness, Miguel timing the Hurl Spear correctly).  I think Miguel takes it off the stat topic, although you can argue Miguel is overrated by the "suggested level" for Alfyn's C3 really being lower than it should (he's scarier unscaled than most of the later C3s).
EDIT: Eh, I feel like Miguel needs more judgment calls in his favor than Namatame here.

Heavy

Arnaud's strategy is Lock Out -> Illusion -> Extend -> Win.  Claude...  still doubles with a Brave Bow+ and easily one-turns if all the shots hit, but think he barely misses the KO if only 3 hits connect, and even getting 3/4 is a lot to ask vs. Arnaud.  A rare time where DL Claude would rather go Archer (like he probably does in-game) rather than Brigand for Hit +20.  Ignatz > Arnaud hype?!
DQ11 has unusually good status blockers for a DQ, so just block or resist ID.  Could argue that Evil Smile -> Ghastly Wail still works, and Fear is a great status to land anyway, but if it's only 50%, Adachi isn't living to get 2 attempts off.

Middle

A 3 BP Holy Light deals 0.67 PCHP damage (to the 1/2/3/4 combined turn average), although Miakis's default equips have bad magic resist.  Miakis's healing is 0.42 PCHP.  So if no doubles are incoming and Ophilia is sitting on 5 BP, 0.67 - 0.42 + 0.50 (a 2 BP burst) = 0.75 PCHP to average MRes.  Miakis has 0.90 PCHP.  If MRes is straight-up subtractive, she takes an extra 50 damage every magic hit, so + 0.20 PCHP damage = Miakis is dead?  Dhyer, back me up here.  If S5 MRes means less (although it clearly means SOMETHING, you can watch Georg get owned), then it's a contest of who runs out of MP first, which is probably a Miakis win.  (Unless Miakis has a Fury strat that works here?!)
EDIT: Apparently Miakis can hope that her high Magic score means a free damage-halved proc kicks in?  Which even with a fair amount of disrespect due to the whole cast having that, probably is enough to tip things here.

Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)
Nergal (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)

Light

While Prim probably wins a "fair" slugfest, according to Dhyer's topic, the entire goddamn Suiko2 cast halves Dark by default off Silver Hats.  S2 Viktor should probably take it if Primrose's damage is halved?  Although there's certainly an argument for scaling down such an easily universal resistance, or possibly allowing Primrose Allure summons as a "compensation" thing to get around her being Dark-locked.  So definitely fine with a Primrose vote, but probably only via switching to the Anything Goes rules and damage average in 8PT.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 08:04:32 PM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 07:52:00 PM »
I'd imagine S5 MDef is straight subtraction, although Miakis will cut magic damage by 25% (Since a high Magic score means halving it, and about half the cast had that effect it averages to +- 25% damage). Miakis also reduces Holy about 9% additionally.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Simeon (Octopath Traveler)- Ayep.
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Eriko ‘Elly’ Kirishima (Persona)- 4-D pocket. I doubt I'd see her final peronsa as legal any more to boot.
Shadow Namatame (Persona 4) vs Miguel (Octopath Travler)- Namatame has a ton of durability and is going to do hideous things as soon as he gets below 75% HP. He's not much of a Godlike but it's enough against Miguel.

Heavy

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- Smash.

Middle

Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Ophilia Clement (Octopath Travler)- Ophilia's healing being nonfull is a problem here; a crit at the wrong time means she has to spend BP to stay afloat and extra turns gives Miakis time to heal or take a stab at landing Fury on herself. Philia has to win before her SP runs out or before a bad string of attacks; just feels unlikely on the average of assumptions.

Light

Viktor (Suikoden) vs Primrose Azelhart (Octopath Traveler)- Dark resist, ayep. Primrose isn't slugging her way out of this fight. But she does have confuse! I'd bet she will get at least one confuse proc before going down. I don't think it lasts long enough to tilt the fight; the odds aren't great even with counter attacks and weapon status had short duration.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 02:02:15 AM »
Godlike

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel): Would he be able to status his way out of this?

Heavy

Adelbert Steiner (Final Fantasy IX) vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)
Tohru Adachi (Persona 4) vs Erik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age): Gets his big damage off. Maybe twice.

Middle

Light

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 04:16:38 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 04:46:37 AM by Luther Lansfeld »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 08:01:59 PM »
Re Miakis vs. Ophilia & Dhyer's comment: According to Elf, the magic-halving on a good Magic score in Suiko5 does have a non-trivial chance of kicking in...  still dunno how exactly I feel about this, but if it's so significant that it's likely to kick in over only 2 hits, even if scaled down to a -20% reduction or something due to not wanting to let the cast cheat the averages, it's probably enough since Ophilia's KO is pretty narrow?  So sure, will change that vote.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 04:27:23 AM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Simeon (Octopath Traveler): Doubt any remotely rankable Octopath boss matches up to Yuna well.

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Claude (Fire Emblem: Three Houses): I dunno how much Hit+20 would even help, evadable vs. Arnaud just doesn't win unless it's attached to absolutely sickening Godlike-level offence.
Adelbert Steiner (Final Fantasy IX) vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle): Don't try to kill Rabbid Luigi with damage.
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years): Huh Golbez looks really impressive now. Fine by me, he was an excellent PC.

Middle

Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Ophilia Clement (Octopath Travler): P... robably saved by magic resist, yeah. It's really only Miakis' magic tier and higher I'd hype it for, and that's well under half the cast.
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together): Cerya controls this matchup.
White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Arthur (Fire Emblem Fates): 2HKOs first.

Light

Viktor (Suikoden) vs Primrose Azelhart (Octopath Traveler): Definitely a derpy result, dark resistance barely matters in S2. One of Neclord's moves maybe? Like it's entirely possible Dark Hat dark resistance is glitched and we'd never know? Blah.
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates): Subaki is well-known for terrible offence and still ORKOs Raja.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 10:17:22 AM »
The Beast Rune had dark elemental magic. Think a couple of randoms did as well.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 01:04:19 PM »
Godlike
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Eriko ‘Elly’ Kirishima (Persona) - PC vs. Belial.
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel) - *Checks PG topic*. Not sure how Alisa handles Pale Horse? Even if you think Purgatorial Flame 2HKOs here, Seph can get up Wall to buy an extra turn, and since he's faster, that gives him time to Fly to access it. Once Frogged, the CP restoration + auto-res become meaningless since IIRC Frog in FF7 doesn't get cured on death. It's also one of the few status types that Cold Steel doesn't block.

Middle
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) - Dhyer's probably right. Heal until enough TP for a finisher. Chip a little, then unleash.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 04:44:44 PM »
The Beast Rune had dark elemental magic. Think a couple of randoms did as well.

Are you sure? Because I remember its magic attacks and their animations involved bright green shining light, definitely not what I'd expect for dark! There's also the big unite move but that's MT and I recall everyone taking around the same damage (besides MDef variations of course). Stat topic doesn't note elements for either.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 01:26:08 AM »
Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Eriko ‘Elly’ Kirishima (Persona)- .... ahhhh sure, let's vote on P2 form, really doesn't hurt her here.
Shadow Namatame (Persona 4) vs Miguel (Octopath Travler)- Hrrrmmm sure garu.

Heavy

Adelbert Steiner (Final Fantasy IX) vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)- No vote.
Tohru Adachi (Persona 4) vs Erik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)- No vote.

Middle

Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- No vote.

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Cuisses (Jeanne D’Arc)- no vote.
Nina (Suikoden II) vs Goofy (Kingdom Hearts)- Gosh, I think?  Bleh.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2020, 12:57:26 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiii vs Simeon (Octopath Traveler)
Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiii vs Eriko ‘Elly’ Kirishima (Persona)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)- ii vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel)- iii
Shadow Namatame (Persona 4)- iii vs Miguel (Octopath Travler)

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- iiii vs Claude (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Adelbert Steiner (Final Fantasy IX) vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)- ii
Tohru Adachi (Persona 4) vs Erik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)- ii
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- iiiiii

Middle

Miakis (Suikoden V)- iiii vs Ophilia Clement (Octopath Travler)- i
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- iiiiii
Nergal (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- iiiii
White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- iiii vs Arthur (Fire Emblem Fates)

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- i vs Cuisses (Jeanne D’Arc)
Viktor (Suikoden)- iiii vs Primrose Azelhart (Octopath Traveler)- ii
Nina (Suikoden II)- i vs Goofy (Kingdom Hearts)- ii
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiii