Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 6  (Read 4676 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 6
« on: April 21, 2008, 04:55:29 AM »
Here we are again!  2 pools down, many more to go, the Music Tournament of Doom rolls on towards the eventual showing of 256 competitiors!  The rules are still simple.
1. Vote for the one you like best.
2. Have heard both songs!
That's right, you don't need to have played the game involved!  Listen and vote!

Thanks to the most esteemed Tonfa, Vice President of these great United States, we now how handy dandy Putfile links for every song here in the first post!  All love and sex and cookies are due to him!

Closes one week hence, happy hunting.

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version)
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 6
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 07:29:58 AM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version)
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss- ASOH~
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle- I guess.

Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation- Zzz

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 10:15:54 AM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version): Champ material.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss: Not a particularly memorable WA4 track, but it's against SMRPG music.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle: Both go for atmosphere, and BoFV's generally better at that.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny: An FFIX track I fully approve of for once.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza: surprisingly nice Suikoden piece manages to trump the nostalgia factor here.
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation: Not one of XS1's best tracks, I think.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...: Cute match.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel: Nicely understated FFT track easily beats out generic Sakuraba battle theme.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 12:21:38 PM »
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:09:15 AM by dude789 »

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 02:35:14 PM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version): Wow. My favorite newfound track right here? Quite likely.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss: Good if generic vocal versus SMRPG. Not exactly hard.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle: Weak.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny: Final Battle's enough to win here despite the atrocious first minute.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza: Reminiscence is beautiful. Almost got on my nom list!
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation: Hm. Sure. Not an impressive pairing, but it's the best XS track in the contest so far!
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...: Slaughter.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel: Antidote's nice. Beat The Angle isn't autopilot Sakuraba, it's just plain generic. >_> Where are the good Sakuraba tracks?
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 03:15:41 PM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version): Wow. My favorite newfound track right here? Quite likely.

...you hadn't heard Main Theme until now?  You've been missing out on many years of your life.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel: Antidote's nice. Beat The Angle isn't autopilot Sakuraba, it's just plain generic. >_> Where are the good Sakuraba tracks?

404 error: not found

---

Can't listen to stuff now, so I'm going to go by what I remember and kneejerks.  These might change after I listen to stuff again.

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - Need to relisten to the dungeon one, but I highly doubt it's going to be better than Main Theme.  EDIT: Yeah, Four King's Dungeon is good (shockingly, for a dungeon theme), but not good enough~
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss - Asoh fanboyism.  Though I actually like the English version of this song too for some reason.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle - Pass for now. EDIT: Meh.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny - Probably.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza - Probably.  EDIT: Didn't realize how much of a blowout this was.  Reminiscence is good and Underneath the Rotting Pizza outright sucks.
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation - Leaning Valiantly right now.  EDIT: Needs more And the Merchants Will Go... hype.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - Cute, but not really close.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel - Pass for now, but leaning Antidote.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:44:40 AM by Talaysen »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 04:38:36 PM »

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version)- Close one. Both are good songs.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Bossp
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle- Music is BoF5's best trait.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny- I'd vote for the bike racing theme here! Just.. Johnny's theme itself is very meh.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza- The FF7 track is by far the better mood piece, I just like listening to the S2 theme more.
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation- Oooh, good track. I had forgotten this one.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...- Antivote.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel-
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 06:05:17 PM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version): I dunno. Main Theme GETS decidedly good but the early parts just weren't worth listening to. Good enough to beat a track that was modestly solid throughout? I don't... think so, for all that I can see it. The early part of songs probably make an overly large impression on the first listen. May change this.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss: Shimomura > middling j-pop. WA4 has an awesome OST and an awesome ending yet this track does not deliver.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle: Yay, the second of the three BoF5 tracks I like.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny: Don't agree with holding the first 1:20 against Final Battle, since that's a different track in-game. Sooo it smashes things.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza: I prefer the strings version, but Reminiscence is still good.
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation: Awesome vs. a decidedly boring choice from XS.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...: Mmm, close one. But I've always felt Zed's themes (both of them, really) were good but needed to take an extra step somehow.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel: People -like- Antidote? Whoa. Also these topics are making me look like a Sakuraba fan. Oh the irony.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 12:55:48 AM »

Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny - Sweet Jesus.  This is so one-sided it's not even funny.

Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel - Screw all y'all.  I like Sakuraba.

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 01:06:54 AM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - Shimomura owns the souls of every other composer in this contest.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss - See above. Shimomura beats the piss out of uninspired pop shit. This is like WA4's most worthless song possible.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle - Wow. Not close at all. Awesome harmonization and melody, yet still manages to be subdued and easy to listen to. Choral Castle is more shitty Baroque wannabe crap that fails to prop up the harpsichord's weaknesses.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny - ...all these matches are slaughters.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza - Better at beat and bass. You have to fail epically to be beaten by Uematsu when it comes to non-melody aspects of composition, holy shit.
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation - Both are somewhat boring. Valiantly at least goes somewhere.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - Bwahahahahahahahahaha
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel - More of Sakimoto's awesome subdued'ness....against more of Sakuraba's horrible generic'ness.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:13:11 AM by InfinityDragon »

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 01:50:18 AM »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 04:28:38 AM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - I...think~?
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss - That song was in WA4? At all?
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle - Better~
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny - Boom~!

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza - Not feeling the Reminiscence love~
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation - Sure~
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - Hehe~
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel - Antidote is love.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:00:47 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 02:01:19 AM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - Ye gods the SPLAT
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss - Eh, sure.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle - I'm finding that I don't like most BoF5 music. Maybe it's an in-game thing, I dunno.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny - ...there's plenty of good CT music. So, uh, why'd someone nom THIS?

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza - Underneath the...who names these things?
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation - Meh?
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - Heh. ZEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel - Antidote is fine.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 02:34:15 AM »

"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »
Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza - Underneath the...who names these things?

Probably Uematsu? It's actually a direct reference to one of Barret's lines, I think. Pretty sure he refers to the upper level of Midgar that way.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - I don't really care much for either of these actually. Going with Parasite because it moves a bit quicker.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss - Lamish versus annoying.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle - Boring versus annoying.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny - Simple enough.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza - Simplicity continues.
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation - This round is not exactly the highlight round.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - Don't care much for Kefka's them.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel - BELLLLLLLLLLLLLS

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 01:27:47 AM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - Tough choice.  Thank god coins exist.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss - SMRPG music is actually decent here, as long as it's not the battle theme.  I love vocals, though, so...down we go, SMRPG!
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle - Thank god BoF5 had good music. 
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny - Rank Necron's battle theme instead of him.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza - Prettiness > most.
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation - One of the better songs in BoF4.  Very fitting and setting. 
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - I missed this song the most in ACF.  It is awesome and fitting.  Kefka's is memorable and fitting too, but not as good, I think.  Love the melody in Oops more.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel - FFT had music...do not remember this.  Beat the Angel is fitting for every battle it plays, and simply sounds better.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 03:40:59 AM »
Not a strong impression of either of them.  PE just is more my style.

A cover version of the worst WA opening song I've seen yet?  Sadly up against SM:RPG, a game I don't consider all that strong for music?  Well, worst of the pretty good is still better than sub par.

Continueing the string of unispiring victories.

Erm...  yeah.  Johnny's not so hot.  For all that it's a fine contender for this division.  Final Battle is finally something worth listening to though, and so easily takes the win.

FF7 brings some great background music that goes a long way towards establishing the character of the slums.  Whereas Suikoden 2 is bringing in a standalone piece that's meant to be one of the two thematic pieces for the game.  As such, when removed from its context, it shows much more strongly than Under the Rotting Pizza.

Erm...  They're both generically competant and...  that's it.  Props to the one that stands out more.

I like Kefka's Theme.  It does an excellent job of accenting his character, and is just a part of the excellent collection of FF6 character themes.  That said, Zed just happens to have a better one.

Antidote isn't one of my favourite Tactics pieces, whereas Beat the Angel is mildly fun and decently important.  Not quite epic, but definatly gets your attention.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 01:19:10 AM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) - this is probably the best reworking of the game's main theme, and really sells the grandiosity.  I guess that doesn't totally come across if you're not familiar with it.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss - apathy.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle - don't really get what people would see in Choral castle.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny - close.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence
v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza - nostalgia is nice and all, but doesn't carry it.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel - can't freaking believe I'm voting ToS over FFT for MUSIC.  someone shoot me.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 02:22:58 AM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version): Former was alright, latter put me to sleep.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss: Mostly gained dislike for the song from my brother not ceasing to sing it, completely off key at that, ALL THE DAMN TIME.  Though, don't think it'd have much of a chance of winning ANYWAY.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle: It says something that I JUST PLAYED THROUGH CHORAL CASTLE IN TotA, and I couldn't recognize the song.  Waste Abandoment Pit is actually good meanwhile.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny: Of all the CT songs to make it in...why Robo Gang Johnny?  Screw it, Final Battle wins even with its horrid openning (the parts after are just too bad ass.)

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza: Reminiscence was surprisingly good but...Underneath the Rotting Pizza is a song I like a fair amount combined with the nostalgia.
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation: If nothing else, I tirebreaked this on how Xenosaga 1's music doesn't really exist in game, therefore should be discounted on all fronts! *runs*
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...: Um, close one, went with nostalgia as a tiebreaker here.  God damn, both songs are just perfectly fitting for their respective characters though.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel: This fight is sad.  Why?
Beat the Angels is a song that has this really good, and promising intro.  The problem? IT GOES NOWHERE.  I remember thinking when I played ToS that the song is probably awesome, but after the intro, you can't hear any of it cause of the usual Star Ocean 3 Syndrom of "All that battle noise makes it impossible to hear" combined with ToS battles not lasting very long. So I was incredibly disappointed when I finally heard the full song.
However, it STILL WINS since Antidote, like Night Attack, is an FFT Song that raised several eyebrows for "Why do people like this?" Did the person mean "Antipyretic" or something?  Either way, what's with nothing but bad FFT Music making it in?
Disappointing w/ an awesome intro > not really having anything.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 06:12:26 AM »
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel's Song: Impregnible Area: Four King's Dungeon v Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version)- I like the PE song.
Wild ARMs 4 - As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me v Super Mario RPG ~ Fight Against an Armed Boss- Both are eh.
Breath of Fire 5 - Waste Abandonment Pit v Tales of the Abyss - Choral Castle- Actually fairly pretty.
Final Fantasy 9 - Final Battle v Chrono Trigger ~ Robo Gang Johnny- Not a big fan of Final Battle.

Suikoden 2: Reminiscence v Final Fantasy VII ~ Underneath the Rotting Pizza- Very good vs. very SMW World 3.
Breath of Fire 4 - Even Towards Death, Valiantly v Xenosaga Episode I- Kukai Foundation- Kukai is pretty but the other is lively.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Kefka's Theme v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...- Not close. This song is fabulous.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Antidote v Tales of Symphonia - Beat the Angel- Beat the Angel is kinda dull. Antidote I like.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 08:50:16 AM »
Main Theme (Orchestral Version)- God, I hate hatbot
As Time Goes By ~ Never Forget Me
Waste Abandonment Pit- BoF5 vs. ToA, ahahahaha
Final Battle

Reminiscence
Even Towards Death, Valiantly
Kefka's Theme
Antidote

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 02:02:51 AM »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 05:35:26 AM »
Four Kings- vi v Main Theme- xv
Never Forget- xiiii v Armed Boss- vii
Waste- xviii v Choral- iii
Necron- xviii v Johnny- iii

Reminiscence- xvi v Rotting Pizza- iiii
Towards- xiii v Kukai- vii
Kefka- v v Oops- xvi
Antidote- x v Angel- xi

What's this?  A credits theme the DL likes?  Well holy mcshit.  Anyways, thanks for voting!