Register

Author Topic: Meeple Fantasy 6  (Read 37932 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Fantasy 6
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2010, 10:23:51 PM »
Ramza's Ring applies to pretty much everything, physical or magical. (Not fixed damage like Terabreak, though.) It is awesome.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2010, 03:48:08 AM »
Yeah, Ramza's Ring is just a renamed Hero's Ring.  I was considering changing it to do more than that, but remembered that the Hero's Ring in FF6 Proper was good enough as it stands, so elected not too (though, part of the reason behind considering this decision is some equipment come with Earrings and/or Atlas Armlet effect as is, but those are generally gotten much later.)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Drifloon

• Completely broken...in Mystery Dungeon anyway
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2010, 09:03:24 AM »
Ah, I see. Rolf's techs must just not be all that good then >_> (I'm determined to get him to learn all of them this time though!)

Wow, the last scene of the Opera House gained +20 awesome points with Yuri's new cast pose XD

Edit: Okay, I have Nafoi and Gires now and I'm starting to realise Rolf is actually pretty awesome >_> Nafoi with two Arcane Books is the best damage anyone can do right now. Never used him before because getting the techs was such a pain, so this time I made sure I took him to Highfort and Cipher to get as many as possible.

More importantly, though, I just got Vyse and his palette is glitched in most of his scenes, and when he's the walking sprite as well. Wasn't this fixed in an earlier version? Because I'm sure that I used him as my walking sprite for a while in once before and he looked right.

Edit 2: Bug - Fayt is holding a Hawkeye-looking thing instead of a sword when he Jumps with a Broad Sword equipped

A more minor bug - the hidden Gale Claw in the ground in the Cave to the Sealed Gate calls itself an Inviz Edge, and the Alshaline calls itself Puipui Grass.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:53:19 PM by Drifloon »
~Sig is gone because I can't be bothered updating~

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2010, 10:13:30 PM »
That's not a bug; that's just Jump animations are independent of Attack animations, and going through each and everyone of them is a pain in the ass, and its not really worth changing for something so minor.

The invis edge you refer to there was ALWAYS a bug in a sense anyway...actually, all the items there are.  They're all -1 in their character value relative to what they are listed as.  The Invis Edge claims to be a "Water Edge" for example.  I forget the exact reasons.  Also, most people totally ignore that cause most people don't even know it exists <_<

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2010, 11:49:45 PM »
Hmm, I agree that it's probably not worth changing for every weapon, but I'd suggest it is for the weapons Fayt is highly likely to use, especially his uniques like the Broad Sword.

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2010, 11:18:18 AM »
More importantly, though, I just got Vyse and his palette is glitched in most of his scenes, and when he's the walking sprite as well. Wasn't this fixed in an earlier version? Because I'm sure that I used him as my walking sprite for a while in once before and he looked right.

This is a thing. Meeple got someone to change palettes for him in some version of MF6 or another, and then didn't take notes. I changed them in the first version of MF6 that I cleaned up, but when it turned out that I had gotten an outdated one, it seems that more palette reassignments had been made.

So I'll have to find them again. *sigh* Sorry.

Drifloon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »
Ah well, it's not game-breaking or anything, just that Vyse's new sprite looks awesome and would be cool to use outside of battle >_> But the battle sprites are the most important thing.

About the Inviz Edge etc in the Cave to the Sealed Gate, doesn't the fact that it still says 'Inviz Edge' indicate that the items are determined by a dialogue box? So it should only take like one minute to fix those dialogue boxes to give the right item names. It doesn't really matter but there's not really any reason not to do it either. (And I only knew it existed because I'm using a chest checklist for this playthrough to make sure I don't miss any new items and such)

Edit: Dang it, Ginny has the same thing? T_T Two of my favourite characters...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:42:19 PM by Drifloon »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »
No, it doesn't.  Again, it actually says "Water Skean" there, if I remember properly, despite how:

A. There is no "Water SKean" in the game (its called Water Edge)
B. You get an Inviz Edge there.

Other things exist like how I think you get a Soft instead of a Remedy.  Or even odder, you get 213 GP instead of 2000.   The Dialog boxes have nothing to do with it, just Square programmed it weirdly, and screwed up consistently in that manner (with Woolsey translating according to the Dialog boxes).  Considering how relatively obscure these items are, and how meaningless they are in the long run, I just don't think its worth bothering.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »
THAT REMEDY COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DYING OR NOT FROM STATUS - IF SOMEONE REALIZED THEY WEREN'T GETTING IT, THEY MIGHT LEAVE TO SAVE!!!!!
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2010, 05:06:26 AM »
Setzer:
CA/945A: 37    Assign graphics $09 to object $09 (Actor in stot 9)
CA/945D: 43    Assign palette $04 to character $09 (Actor in stot 9)

Relm:
CB/DAE9: 37    Assign graphics $08 to object $08 (Actor in stot 8)
CB/DAEC: 43    Assign palette $03 to character $08 (Actor in stot 8)

Lalala, I went through the event disassembly. I just need to hex edit the values $04 and $03 at these addresses and it should fix the Vyse/Ginny palette problem.

Recorded here so that this doesn't happen again.

Drifloon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2010, 07:24:50 AM »
Hehe, the character in stot 8.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2010, 07:36:43 AM »
Yeah, I dunno what a 'stot' is, either. But he's pretty consistant about using it, so I figure it's some computer programming term I'm unfamiliar with.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2010, 01:29:05 AM »
So I recently figured out how to reassign music to different scenes.

Clearly it's time change all the serious music into the Chocobo theme.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2010, 02:03:22 AM »
Clearly it's time change all the music into the Chocobo theme.

Fixed that for you.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2010, 02:12:09 AM »
Cool. Would it be possible to use this to make the Phantom Train music play in the appropriate portion of Cyan's Dream? I was always bothered by the fact that it seemed to be missing there.

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2010, 02:23:40 AM »
I'll check if there's room there for a music change command.

EDIT:
Hmm... that's weird. There's no command telling the game not to load the Phantom Train's normal music along with its map data, so I'm not sure why it doesn't play already. But, I can probably replace some sound effects with a music fade-in command. I'll double-check the map data when I get home too, it might be that the Phantom Train actually has separate music prompts depending on whether the "Being in the WoR" bit is set or cleared.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:57:07 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Drifloon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »
Oh, that's really cool. I can't think of any scene that particularly feels out of place with the music it has now, but it's still great that it's possible anyway.

Though if it's possible to change area music as well as scene music, stuff like changing the Crashed Ship theme to something more technological-y (like the Magitek Factory music or something maybe?) could work well.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2010, 06:32:49 AM »
Haha, someone posted an ancient copy of MF6 from XolarDark over on http://ff6hacking.com . I didn't spend 6 weeks spriting so that people would play the version that still had -Roy-, so I kindly pointed them to the RPGDL wiki page.

People there seem interested in it and the majority of them are sprite artists, so Meeple you may want to look into getting a few more graphical updates since they're offering and I'm burnt out.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2010, 09:38:13 PM »
Just noting I do NOT want the Phantom Train music playing in Cyan's Soul.  I know Elfboy wants it, but I preferred the lack of it there; the silence and train had a better effect given the dream-sequence nature than the Phantom Train's song, which was more haunting and fitting of something like that.  Feel free to disagree, but this is something I outright do not want changed.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2010, 10:59:17 PM »
I'd agree with you if the rest of Cyan's Dream didn't have music, but it does, so it feels like a glitch. Especially since the Phantom Train theme is far more haunting (and hence, effective for the mood the sequence appears to want) than the generic dungeon theme that gets used for the other parts (save the ending which appropriately gets Doma, of course). Now, if you wanted to use silence for, say, the cave part, that would feel more appropriate.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:30:20 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2010, 03:17:30 AM »
Uh, just noting that I'm not changing anything to MF6 anymore.

The 'master copy' is currently with you, Meeple. And until you've done whatever changes you're going to do to it and 'hand it to me', I can't do anything to it.

This includes the palette fixes for Vyse and Ginny, though you should be capable of fixing those yourself with the offsets I listed.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
I'd agree with you if the rest of Cyan's Dream didn't have music, but it does, so it feels like a glitch. Especially since the Phantom Train theme is far more haunting (and hence, effective for the mood the sequence appears to want) than the generic dungeon theme that gets used for the other parts (save the ending which appropriately gets Doma, of course). Now, if you wanted to use silence for, say, the cave part, that would feel more appropriate.

The first section of the dungeon isn't really Cyan related at all; its "Regroup, beat the fuck out of the stooges."  Generic dungeon music is appropriate.  The "Haunting" effect is NOT what I feel works for the Dream sequence, is my point; for starters, the "Horror" element is mostly gone on the Phantom Train; there's like 2 instances where Ghosts appear?  You're kind of observing the scenario, not being in the middle of it, if that makes sense.  I imagine the scene with the Phantom Train music and just...something feels off.  Its hard to explain, but its a case where I feel the simple ambiance is better than actual music.

The Phantom Train music is very much based around that Ghostly theme, which is mostly gone on the Dream Version; without the Ghosts, the theme sort of loses its appropriateness.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2010, 05:11:51 PM »
Those are valid points, although it doesn't change the fact that the silence feels like a glitch to me (kinda like the actual known glitch where the Phantom Train music will fail to load in the WoB version, except it always happens). Though, are you okay with the cave part of the dream having generic dungeon music, though? That really seems to misfire on the ambience you're talking about. It doesn't help that said track invokes "just another dungeon" in an area which really shouldn't be.

I always felt Cyan's Dream was quite badly executed, and music is certainly a significant part of that to me, though not all of it.

Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2012, 08:04:14 PM »
Ok, finally got off my ass and updated the latest version!

...I really should log what was changed, but ultimately the big one is the TRINITY OF DOOM!!! was replaced with a completely different, more Meeple-style (for reasons not related to insanity) trinity. 

Yeah, I'm doing minor tweaks here and there and such.  I've also changed some minor early game stuff that I saw was a bit off here and there, but nothing major.

Minori121

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »
Newest version appears to have a gamebreaking glitch of not being able to use items in battle.