Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 12  (Read 3701 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 12
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:48:03 AM »
Welcome once again folks to the Music Tournament of Doom!  The first half of round one is winding down, but that still means we have 128 songs to see!  Here are just a few more!  As always, the rules are as follows:
1. Vote for the one you like
2. Have heard both songs!
And thanks to Tonfa, that second part is all too easy!  Just click and load!

Closes one week hence, and don't forget to check the tourney board to make sure you've voted in all the available pools!

Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 12
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 06:41:51 AM »

Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara: The AI2 track was better than I was expecting. Close, just... I do dig DDS battle themes, even if Hari-Hara isn't one of my personal faves.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown: And here we are at my least favourite DDS1 boss track. Yeah. <_< (Well, no, Harihara 2 is worse.)
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: Time's Scar is pretty. The EO track suffers from a poor synth.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version: Beating my favourite version of the Into the Wilderness theme, and a kickass boss theme at that, calls for a tall order. Soul Nomad has been the new OST that has impressed me most this contest, but this particular track isn't one of its best. Still decent, but it takes more than decent here.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds: Pleasant town music. Meanwhile, to ToL: The 80's called, it wants its song back.
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire: Bit of a coinflip, these two are so different. Guess I'll go with the FF7 one.
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah: Robot Mess is sexy. Margulis is solid, though.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality: hax. ;_; Irwin is good, but he'd have to be The Darkness Nova here for me to consider voting the other way, really. Losing the Inescapable Nightmare is just perfect, a worthy successor to Lord Blazer as far as epic main villain battle themes go. Love how it remixes the main theme, too.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 07:34:56 AM »
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~

Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:03:08 AM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara- DDS
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown- WHISTLING
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- eh.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version- Don't like the SN one

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds- Haha, see Elfboy.
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire- FF7 quality track
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah- death to hatbot
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality- x2
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara - Wow...mmm...makes me want to play AI2 >_>  Hari-Hara is good, but you know...I feel like I like Red Lucifer more.  Also the name is awesome >_>  Hari-Hara music is solid, but...it's not my favourite.  So yeah.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown - Unlike NEB, this is one of my top DDS1 battles, so...Lady Gunner isn't something I'm a fan of.  Virginia associations and all hurt that >_>
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Yeah, poor synth on Etrian.  Decent melody, but I feel like I've heard it before.  Time's Scar is pretty unique and sounds good, at least.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version - Last Supper reminds me of a weaker version of The Gods' Song from Disgaea 2.  Not winning here.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds - The BoF4 song is decent, though the bells make my ears bleed.  And 80's music is coooool. 
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire - Gimp War!  Campaign of Fire wasn't amazing at all...nor is Main Theme!  But Main Theme is less repetitive?  Bleh.
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah - Damnit, I forgot how much apathy I had toward XS1 music until this tournament >_>
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - Best WA3 track vs.  Irwin is decent, but as I mentioned before, there's a lot I'd vote over it.  Beatrice Battle is fantastic.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 02:29:03 PM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara - Egh.  Have to wait about a minute before either of these warms up.  RLR warms up more, I guess.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown - Didn't hate the whistling that much, but guitar is better.
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - 70's called, want their synth back.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version - both are pretty good.  WA4 has a bit much medleyitis for my liking.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds - *cracks up after 10 seconds of hearing the lyrics in Hotarubi*
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire - one of the best things to come out of FF7, vs not much.  Easy pick.
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah - Eh.  Margulis is boring, this other... thing... isn't.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - mostly apathy towards both.  Bad trumpet patch on WA3 gives it to the competition.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara: Both final boss themes have nice intros. The difference is Red Lucifer Rising goes somewhere afterwards.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown: This is like every WA track ever versus every DDS track ever. Generiiic. DDS wins easily.
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: The Super Arrange version of DBG is great, but even it would lose here. The original just gets stomped.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version: The Last Supper is the weakest of the three World Eater themes...which means it's just very good. >_> Into the Wilderness boss version, again, feels like I've heard this before by many other names in WA battle themes before. I'd take the original WA1 intro version over this pairing any time.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds: Thousand Winds is one of my favorite town themes, Hotarubi didn't make an impression. Cheesy lyrics aside.
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire: Really easy. I'm never quite sure how high regard I hold the FF7 main theme in, but it squashes an unimpressive GBA FE track.
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah: Fun vs bleh.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality: Both are solid but not much more.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 10:59:08 PM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara - Both are good, but Red Lucifer Rising is better.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown - Again both are good, but this is my favorite DDS track (if it's the one I'm thinking of, Big Battle, right?)
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Screw you, Hatbot.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version - Sure.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds - I kind of like hotarubi.
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire - Uh yeah not close.
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah - Also not close.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - One of my favorite WA3 tracks so yeah.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 11:37:08 PM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara - I've always liked AI final boss stuff~
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown - Not close~
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - I've never been all that big a fan of Time's Scar.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version - Isn't stock WA.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds - Cheesy as hell >>>> boring
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire - Good vs. GBA FE, which doesn't have music~
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah - Good battle theme smash boring mood theme.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - Very close. Yay good fights~
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 03:44:32 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara- Seconding Elfboy, except I really dig Hari-hara.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown- DDS vs WA. Ugly.
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- The quality's awful but the track's catchy. Good fight.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version- Not really close.

Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire- Not close.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality- I've relistened to the WA3 OST several times since this topic's started, I still don't get much from it. WA music in general isn't something I'm big on. Meanwhile, IoR is great.

Rest later.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 01:03:28 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 11:59:53 PM »

Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara - Oooh, RLR is nice.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown - I think this was a bad time for DDS for me to vote. Just not feeling that style right now.
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Huh, I really like that EO track. But oif, Time's Scar is a bitch of a draw.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version - The WA1/ACF versions of Wilderness would have taken this easy. Not 4's though.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds - The 80's would like it's song back indeed. Good thing I like 80's music~
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire - Ugh. Don't like the FF7 Main Theme, but, uh, what's Campiagn of Fire doing here in the first place?
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah - SPLAT
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - Not a bad showing from WA3, but LoM music steamrolls once more for me.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 12:04:11 AM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara: Not really thrilled with the AI2 track, and Hari-Hara is godly.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown: More drama!
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: Hey, this EO track is actually really groovy. You know what? I'm gonna throw the underdog a vote here, because Time's Scar is fucking harsh draw.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version: Feinne SMASH. (Always wondered what the name of her song was, as an aside).

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds: Bells? Whatever, Hotarubi is like mid-90's soft rock and inspires active dislike from the get-go.
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire: Yeah, the FE track is pretty unspecial.
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah: Margulis's theme is a really nice mood piece. Marionette Messiah wins the title contest, though!
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality: Aw, this match is not cool. But Bea's theme  is one of my favorite battle tracks ever, so yeah, not a tough call.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 03:11:29 AM »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 03:38:27 AM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara- Hari-Hara just doesn't live up to its successor.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown- DDS just zonks me sometimes.  Ready! Lady Gunner! I've always liked, probably more than objectively defensible.
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- Etrian Odyssey reminds me of that cellphone FFIX battle theme.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version- Last Supper... meanders.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds- Hey, decent BoFIV music.  But Hotarubi plays to my biases too well.
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah- Yeaaahhh.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality- Bamf.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 03:49:30 AM by Cmdr_King »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 04:26:49 AM »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 07:37:10 AM »
Hari-Hara
Showdown
Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper
“Hotarubi”
FF7 Main Theme
Marionette Messiah
 “Irwin on Reflection”

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 02:39:36 AM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara - I never was a big fan of Hari-Hara.  It also doesn't help that Red Lucifer Rising is awesome.
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Say what you will about Chrono Cross; this game had some damn good music.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds - If you can look past the cheesy lyrics, you'll find that Hotarubi is actually a really pretty song

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 02:16:13 AM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara - grunge guitar is nice, but...
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown ...wait, yeah, it is nice.
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ nice Etrian Oddysey track, very NES in a good way, but not good enough.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version - no contest.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds - BoF4 background music has nuance and style.  good stuff.
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire - best main theme ever?  Could be.  Certainly the best developed.  7 minutes, but completely worth it.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 04:26:48 PM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara - These are both pretty nice. Lucifer's somewhat more energeticness takes it.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown - Happier
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - I'm thinking Scar is good enough to win this despite Battlefield's being hoppier.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version - I don't think that much of Wilderness really, but Supper is too weird for my tastes.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds - Think I prefer a song to chimes currently.
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire - Campaign would have trouble beating songs HALF as good as Main.
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah - It does not take much to beat Margulis. And Marionette is oh so much more than not much.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - I don't know who Irwin is but his lecture on reflection is pretty awesome. Reality on the other hand is not.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 12:07:21 AM »
An oddly beautiful song that crushes its opposition.

Electric guitar shouldn't be used for just one note!

Battlefield isn't half bad, but against one of the better CC pieces, there was never any real chance.

Not the best remix of the classic WA tune, but it's definatly enough to take this is a walk.

A battle of meh, but one where I dislike the vocals more than the chimes.

I don't mind Campaign of Fire, but the FFVII Main Theme is one of my favourite pieces of RPG music, so this isn't even close.

Trying to remember who this is for, but Xenosaga is, outside of a few tracks, not that good for music.

Wild ARMs continues with its strong selection of music.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 12:38:29 AM »
Trying to remember who this is for, but Xenosaga is, outside of a few tracks, not that good for music.

Mai

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 12:39:57 AM »

"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 02:36:28 AM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara - I like RLR's opening, and it's okay after that.  Hari-Hara never feels like it goes anywhere.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown - Nice heroic theme for WA3; one of its better pieces.  And I am still not feeling the love for DDS tracks.
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - The EO piece actually sounds pretty catchy; I like it.  Really tough draw...  eh, toss a vote to the underdog.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version - One of my two favorite tracks from WA4 by a lot vs. whiny voices.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds - There's laid back and then there's sleep-inducing.  Winds veers too close to the wrong side of that divide.  Hotarubi is cheesy but basically good.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - Nice fight.  They're both solid.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 06:15:47 AM »
Pool closes in a bit less than 23 hours.  I see some missing faces here, chop chop minions.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 08:30:27 PM »
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Digital Devil Saga- Hari-Hara: Boss theme that doesn't go anywhere; that's my problem with DDS Battle themes.  They're too slow paced for my liking, and use a style I'm not find of.
Wild ARMs 3  - Ready! Lady Gunner! v Digital Devil Saga- Showdown: ESPECIALLY this song.  Not to mention Ready! Lady Gunner is something I'm fond of.
Etrian Odyssey - Battlefield - Destruction Begets Decay v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: One of my favorite songs vs. something that wasn't that special.
Soul Nomad: The Last Supper v WA4: Into the Wilderness: Detonator Version: Of the Soul Nomad songs, this was...probably the worst yet?  Not necessarily an insult since SN has been decent on a whole, but its competition remains much better.

Tales of Legendia – “Hotarubi” v Breath of Fire 4 - Thousand Winds: Random Vocal < Decent Town theme.
Final Fantasy VII: FF7 Main Theme v Fire Emblem 7 - Campaign of Fire: Campaign of Fire is not a song I was ever fond of.  FF7 Main Theme is an excellent overworld theme track that needed to play the ENTIRE GAME instead of getting replaced with absolute trash.
Xenosaga Episode I- Margulis v Super Robot Wars (general) - Marionette Messiah: "This song was in XS?" Mk 286 <_<.  Regardless, the SRW Song is spiffy enough.
Legend of Mana – “Irwin on Reflection” v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality: Irwin on Reflection I'm not a major fan of...Beatrice's Battle theme meanwhile...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A