Register

Author Topic: What do you do?  (Read 4494 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do?
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »
Bookkeeper in a mortgage firm. I deal with all our accounting, basic tax prep, incoming/outgoing checks, dealing with the bank, file management, payrolls, and some minor internal compliance. The job has a lot of perks besides pay (Overtime, very flexible schedule, can openly read magazines during down time) which makes the commute (Again, helped by the flexilibity of my schedule) and lack of challenge (Partially remedied by internal compliance) not too bad.
...into the nightfall.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »
I am a chef. I hate my job, what I make, and the people I cook for. The only thing that makes it bearable is an incredibly lax policy towards working on the job.

PsySlaver

• Denizen
  • Still the best Valkyrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 12:13:29 PM »
I'm a Human Resources trainee in a telemarketing company (geared towards Training & Development) and also a senior member of a Jr. company in my university.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 10:28:16 PM »
I am a housekeeper at a hotel. Occasionally I cook breakfast in the kitchen or do janitory/maintenance stuff when they need me. This isn't going to last long, however, since the hotel is currently being renovated and it's just a matter of time before I'm laid off.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Taishyr

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 12:36:33 AM »
College student, did some tutoring of little kids when I was in America, currently studying abroad in China.

Majors of English (Creative Writing)/International Studies (Chinese and Japanese Language and Economics).

Figure I'll be able to find something interesting with a language degree, especially once I get around to taking the fluency tests in America.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 12:40:10 AM »
English major currently in the process of graduating and figuring out where to go from here.  Most likely going the heavy academics route.  University teaching would be nice to end up in, if nothing more interesting comes along. 

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 09:54:55 AM »
Time for my quarter-annual posting in general~

Arts/Compsci student working as an office drone part time during the evenings at some energy company.

(typing. typing never changes. the details are trivial and pointless.)

Planning on applying for a job at ACMI, the Australian Centre for the Moving Image, which is this awesome centre in the city that focuses on promoting what's cool about modern media. For example, at the moment, they're holding a festival called 'Game On' that is paying tribute to the last thirty years of gaming culture and how it's affected society. Would hope to get beyond the reception desk and onto event planning and management if I get the job.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 07:46:01 PM »
Current 6th-year pharmacy student intern, will be graduating on May 17th, 2008 at 10:30 am with a doctorate in pharmacy.  So I will be a doctor in 2 weeks. 

I currently work for UPMC at the main campus in Oakland, and have been for the past 3 years.  Starting on July 1st, I will be a PGY-1 pharmacy practice resident until June 30th 2009.  After that, I will probably go on to a 2nd year residency - I eventually want to teach in an academic setting (adjunct faculty, probably - I want to practice and teach), so focusing on a specific area of practice will probably be what I have to do in the future.  But I'll always be a Pharm.D., so I can just practice afterwards if I want - probably hospital, or retail - who knows!  Future is unlimited!
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory