Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 14  (Read 4253 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 14
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:28:58 AM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme - Hah.  HAH.  BWHAHAHAHAHHAA.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night - PSX vs. GBA music.  FF9 has good music, FE7...kind of lacks that >_>
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear - Angel's Fear is...not one I like much.  Objectively decent, but...doesn't do a damn thing until the end.  It's...the same thing I said for the SoM version!  Burn My Bread is in fact fantastic and fitting, rap music be damned. 
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight - Huh.  Flight's a good song, but...I do loves me my good vocals, and JtB isn't bad.  Granted, Ground Zero is better I think, but hey...still good!

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang” - Scutum's Fang is such an fantastically odd name >_>  Anyway, it also sounds like...bad <_<  Yes, bad, as in it sounds like it plays on the SNES and not PS2. 
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday - This isn't close.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love - Oooohhh...Exceeding Love is the best song in S3, but Grand Finale is pretty cool.  Eh...going with the vocalish one.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Yay happy fun music!
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 03:38:36 AM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme: Slaughter. Poor Oboro.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night: GBA synth or Zorn and Thorn? Oh, such a dilemma. Coinflip! George Washington says to go with the clowns, and he's a tough dude to argue with.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear: I freaking hate Burn My Bread, so its competition wins by virtue of not making me retch.
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight: I always liked this one. There's just a nice sense of determination and optimisim about it (despite bad memories of Chu-chu).

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang”: Eh. We know I have a soft spot for Sakuraba's melodramatic organ-mashing, but SN's end credits music is just too pretty.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday: Hey, this is better than I remembered EBC having. And it's against a WA5 track I'm not really attached to, so what the hell.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love: Exceeding Love is pretty damned tough to beat, and you know what? Ultros is definitely not pulling it off.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling: Apathy. Neither really leaves an impression.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:02:58 AM »
The Darkness Nova
Clowns on a Dark Night
Angel's Fear
Justice to Believe
Cradle of the Ivory Moon
Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows]
Exceeding Love
The End of This Passionate Feeling

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 04:18:04 AM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night - I love Zorn and Thorn's theme.  Maybe even a little too much.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear - The lyrics of Burn My Bread kind of suck, but the tune is catchy enough
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang”
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday - Ah, now here's a song I haven't heard in a ludicrously long time.  Nostalgia is a wonderful thing, is it not?
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love - Yeah, this one's pretty one-sided in my eyes
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:30:07 AM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme-  Mismatch.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night- The FE track's pretty generic and the quality's bad but I still like it. Clowns I'll just pass on in general.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear- Burn my bread's is pretty epic.
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight- Battle of good but forgettable songs. Though Flight I'm enjoying more as I relisten to it.

Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:08:18 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 05:05:08 AM »
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear

Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 06:18:51 AM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme- Oboro's good for what it is, but yeah.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night- Dull vs quirky.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear- AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH BLOODY BREAD

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang”- I guess.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love- Grande finale put up more of a fight than I figured, but still.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling- Both are pretty solid though.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 06:36:36 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme - lols
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night - Eh.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear - This is probably epic.  Yeah, epic.  This SD3 track doesn't even have horrid synth and fails.  gj
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight - Close!  Will relisten to them later and decide.  EDIT: Yeah, Flight is badass and one of the few good tracks from XG.  I still like Justice to Believe but I think I'll side with Flight here.

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang” - This is the opposite of close.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday - Stigile fanboy, checking in.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love - Hate Exceeding Love.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Eh, sure.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:13:24 AM by Talaysen »

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme: LoM rock is still not impressing me in the least, but this one's good enough to take the pairing over a slightly less forgettable but not as good track.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night: Try again when you're not on GBA, Reminiscence.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear: BUUUUURN MYYYYY BREEEEEAAAADD~. The track makes me smile and is catchy, and that's good enough here.
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight: BELIEVE YOUR JUSTICE, etc. Not much to say about this pairing, it's alright.

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang”: *yawn* I'll take the alright vocal over Sakurababot battle theme #2840.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday: I wanted to take a nap after the former, but...it's much better than the latter. What's up with these new pools?
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love: This is not a good pairing either.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling: Crush this pool. Please.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 07:11:45 PM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme - Yup.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night - Ack, Reminiscence is one that I actively dislike.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear - SoM's Angel's Fear would put up a fight, but this one? Nope.
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight - Hmm, just nicer overall.

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang” - Not bad vs I forgot it was playing.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday - Don't care for either, but Place is really annoying. As Snowfire said, "twangy down home themes" are reaaaaaly not my style.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love - Good vs flippin' awesome.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - PB music continues to impress.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 07:52:51 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »

Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday- I... ...*wipes eyes*. Just... a really pretty song that makes me think of things.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 07:37:52 PM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme: Right.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night: Reminiscence sucks, and it ain't the synth that's to blame. NES FF game over musics are better at this style. Anyway, Clowns is an all-time favourite; dark and zany and awesome.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear: Why not just nom Bitter Dance?
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight: Flight is pretty. JtB is better than the WA4 vocals but that's not good enough.

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang”: Worst SN track so far, but Scutum's Fang... gah, just goes nowhere.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday: A nice town piece vs. ... actually I can't get the track to load, but if it is what I think it is (or even if it isn't; I know it's not Leo-related or Hiro's Fight and I wouldn't vote for any other EBC track here), then this is pretty easy.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love: Both excellent... leaning the S3 track for now. Another decent vocal, if it counts as one.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling: Pretty solid track, this.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 12:26:20 AM »

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 06:17:58 AM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme - Right.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night - ... how come other FF9 music gets hyped but not this?  Wow.  Lots of games try to do the clown music thing, very few succeed.  This does.  The other track is unremarkable. 
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear - Angel's Fear is bad.  Burning Bread is also bad... but not so much musically, more in context, which is less applicable here.
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight - The WA5 track is 100% generic anime OP song.  I thought I didn't like XG music that much, but somehow every track I do like has been nommed...

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon
v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang” - Blagh.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday - Not close.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love - This is Suiko3?  Wow.  This IS good.  Really good.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Eh.

So do we really need to play this pool out or can we skip straight down to Darkness Nova vs Exceeding Love?

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 09:37:55 AM »
I second that movement.

This is Suiko3?  Wow.  This IS good.  Really good.

This is done by Himekami instead of the averagish Konami internal, that's why.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:04:47 AM by Niu »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 09:48:29 AM »
I am not actually taking part in this, but those comments spurred me to check which song it was.  Yeah the openning theme to S3 is better than anything else in it (Tangent, I think S2 did the openning really well also, it is a strength in the series I would guess just off hand).
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 06:27:35 AM »
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night - Jesters of the Moon is cute.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear - Wasn't Angel's Fear already in, albeit another version?  Whatever, the song is good enough to be voted for twice.  And Burn my Bread is not.
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight Justice to Believe is pretty good, but XG needed a straight-up heroic theme somewhere in it.  And Flight is great.  Now why'd they have to play it for Chu-Chu transforming as well, though?  Grahf's theme would have worked just fine for that instead.

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang” - Both nice, but nothing more.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday - Stupid twangy down home themes.  The lyrics to Rondo of Light and Shadows are wince-inducing, but eh, it works with the game and remixes the main themes.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love Slaughter.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Nice noms from PB; the quirky battle musics were nice and fit the game well.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme - LoM's not impressive rock isn't bad enough to convince me to end the shutout~
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night - FE7 still doesn't have music~
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear - Hilarious vs. boring~
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight - Barely beats the vocal...maybe you need to play XG to get XG music or something~

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang” - "Eh" is all this match deserves.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday - Mind rending slaughter and I don't even like Rondo Light that much. Town themes for the autolose.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love - This is an outright excellent match.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - This not so much. Decent versus Sleep-inducing BGM I.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:12:53 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 09:41:06 PM »
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear - Beautiful, beautiful slaughter

"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 03:34:24 AM »

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 06:21:08 AM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme - Unfair mismatch.

Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love - Nevermind, Exceeding Love dominates.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 07:23:33 AM »
Yeah...  like everyone else said, not especially close.

I had forgotten how good this music was.

I like Angel's Fear, but...  ugh.  That's the worst song in the contest so far, and the only one where the first six seconds were enough to convince me to shut it off.

Another easy decision with some fluffy j-pop thing vs. one of the best pieces of music in Xenogears.

They're both alright, but Cradle of the Ivory Moon was more appealing.

Sleepy town music isn't all that great to listen to, while Lunar's easy on the ears.

I've never been a fan of Exceeding Love, and Grand Finale is a fun little tune that fits Ultros perfectly.

I cannot objectively defend this choice.  It's just a song I prefer despite the fact that The End of This Passionate Feeling is technically better.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 01:51:31 PM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme - The only good thing I can think of to say about Oboro is that it's better than Richmond's theme. Meanwhile Darkness has a pretty nifty MMX vibe going on.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night - Jesters starts off okay, but quickly goes downhill into mehishness. Reminiscence on the other hand is ungodishly awesome and I could listen to it for hours.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear - Angels... is not HSL3's best music. But it doesn't HAVE to be to beat that other garbage. It picks a bit up in the last minute or so anyway.
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight - Oooh, I like both of these. Going with Justice here because it reminds me somewhat of an SRS track, although I can't remember which one.

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang” - Hrm. I can see that Ivory is wholly likable, but I'm really not feeling it at the moment. It could be an acquired taste, perhaps. Scutum doesn't have a great deal going for it and and loses out despite this.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday - Oh GOD. Blue is wholly uninspiring and someday is wholly godawful western music. I seriously hate that wavy instrument that keeps cutting out and changing direction.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love - Well. There I was all set to make some stupid joke with regard to it not being too difficult to exceed Grand Finale, and then I find out that Exceeding Love is downright ghastly. GREAT GOING SUIKODEN III
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - The heart-softening tracks are all awesome (except BGM 3, and arguably Theme), unless you have an especially hard heart or something. Which apparently 99% of people here do, or something. Passionate here is far too spanish, and also nowhere near as passionate as I was led to believe.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 10:15:34 PM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme - if only because it sounds like BoF3
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscencev Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang” - apathy.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love - argh!
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!