Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Round 2 Pools 3 and 4  (Read 4496 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:56:04 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Round 2 Pools 3 and 4
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:57:43 PM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess: Once again, Murdering Princess faces a favourite, and once again, I have to stand with the Red Quarter Knight. Really close, but a favourite Naruke battle theme is more to my tastes.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld: Love this upper foursome in general.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride: I can write music that only uses one instrument too. Yawn. FE track is catchy.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”: Yeah, really close. Going with the underdog for now.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme: Less ZOMGEPIC. And it's Aeris' Theme, so that says something! Anyway, latter is prettier and knows what it's doing better to boot.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker: Ugh, Grandia.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride: Abstain for the moment, neither is loading properly and this is close enough to deserve a relisten.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed: Best SoA song in this tournament still gets owned here. Truth Revealed is pretty badass.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:36:56 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:40:27 PM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess: Murdering Princess remains Yet Another WA Battle Theme. I'll give it to an excellent melancholy track.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld: Heh. Odd matchup between two fairly good tracks.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride: Mm. Another one that manages to gain favor on a relisten.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”: IDOLA is the best track here.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme: Pretty.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker: I like Theme of Grandia. Bouncemusik isn't bad though.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride: Massacre.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed: The energy takes it this time, though I had already bolded the other track before relistening. I like A Truth Revealed -less- on each listen. Waaay too sappy.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:44:54 PM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess: Ouch. This match is harsh. Coinflip time since Hatbot's on the fritz: Harken it is.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld: Otherworld fits its time in-game perfectly but...Battle with the Four Fiends is just more fun.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride: More drive than Driving to New Fork, which just does nothing for me.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”: Actually pretty cool, though I won't be upset about either one moving on.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme: Tough choice, but...SH2 track just has more style, all other things being pretty much equal.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker: Grandia music is boring? Shocker.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride: Crimson Pride easily trumps any AT song nommed (granted, some of those not nommed would've put up a fight. Booo, AT nommers).
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed: See NEB (where's Last Battle: Opportunity?)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 12:46:28 AM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”- Fairly easy.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme- Yeah, I can totally be objective here.  Uhhuh.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 12:47:18 AM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 01:07:37 AM »
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - Yep, Otherworld still sucks
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Deceitful Wings is really good, but Idola is better

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed - I dunno.  It's livelier, I guess.  Not a big fan of either, to tell you the truth.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 02:09:39 AM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess - Not close.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - The best music for the best person ever.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride - Pretty piano, but...Survival from the Force should be here instead >_>
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Good.  Both of them are good in their own ways.  I might change this later, but...sounds good for now.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme - Not close at all.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker - Iconic vs...decent enough, but not good enough to win here.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride - Not a huge fan of Ar Tonelico music.  Crimson Pride is still good.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed - Hah.  Wow.  The FFX song doesn't do anything for me.  Go Ixa'Taka.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 02:18:34 AM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess- Ugh. These two are both great! And there are always so many matches of blandness.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld- I should pick Otherworld...but no.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride- Okay, these aren't even both meh. These are both outright kind of horrid. Still, the FE 7 one makes me extremely glad I didn't listen to music while playing it.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme- The other kind of bores me.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride- Hmm, I'm abstaining at the moment. I like them both. Although, I'll agree! The AT music choices seem so odd here.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed- Love Ixa'Taka's music. It loses a little out of game, but the other one loses a lot of game, I think
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 06:19:06 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 03:07:29 AM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess- Not close.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld- Otherworld's decent but can't match battle with the four fiends. About as close as Edge vs Rubicant.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”- Good match. Kudos to whoever picked Idola.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride- Crimson Pride kicks ass.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed- Profoundly hate Ixa'taka, it's my least favorite SoA track by far. A truth revealed does a good job conveying emotion.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 04:51:37 AM »
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 06:07:02 AM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess - Good melancholy is so rare.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - aww yeah
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride - FE7 doesn't have music~
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - I'm in an Atelier mood~

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme - Eh.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker - Easy~
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride - I don't like Crimson Pride~
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed - Yay easy~
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 12:25:56 AM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess - Not close.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - Also not close.  Huh, I thought there wasn't much FF music in this tourney, apparently it was all in the first couple of pools and I forgot.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride - Eh, sure.  Neither outstanding.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Best match yet, changed this vote a few times.  Going with Idola in the end since it takes less time to become awesome. 

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme - Eh.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker - Isn't lame.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride - This is another really good match.  This song is the only Ar Tonelico to impress me at all, and was good enough for me to keep it on in the background a while... Crimson Pride... also good but eh,, not outstanding.  The AT people (and the WA people) need to learn to title their songs, though.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed - Ixa'Taka is possibly my most hated RPG song ever.  It is worse than Gale.  Please lose.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 01:39:34 AM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess - Ick. Close one here, going with Murdering Princess though.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - I like Otherworld.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride - New Fork is godlike.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Another close one. Liking Idola more today.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme - Don't care for Aeris' theme.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker - Grandia theme is pretty good.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride - Chronicle Key is the one of the They All Sound The Same AT music that actually stands out to me.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed - Ixa'Taka is one of my favorite tracks from any game. Please win.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 03:34:53 AM »
Murdering Princess
Battle with the Four Fiends
Driving to New Fork
“Idola the Strange Fruits”

Aeris' Theme
Ace Attacker
EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/.
A Truth Revealed

The AT people (and the WA people) need to learn to title their songs, though.

Err, ther AT song names are actually very thought out and has a very critical format at its naming.
The EXEC stands for the song is running on the Ar Tonelico first tower's Hymno server. The /. at the end is to mark the termination of the program sequence. This is also the abbreviated for of the song's name. The full name would be labeled with the song's extractor's name and the required bandwidth and other informations.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:27:38 AM by Niu »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 05:01:19 AM »

Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess - Don't really like MP.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - Four Fiends battle is awesome.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride - New Fork is all right, but RARGH LET'S JOIN UP.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Idola is pretty neat.  Deceitful Wings is okay but has been done before.

Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker - The Theme of Grandia may be a flashback to the early 80s, but it's still good and very fitting for the mood of the game.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride - Chronicle Key is nothing special.  Also agree that the Ar tonelico names need work; don't really care about any justifications offered in game.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed - Really don't like Ixa'taka.

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 07:13:04 AM »
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess - More relaxing.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - ARGH MY BRAIN
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride - Less old.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Idola is still too strange.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme - Really can't see the appeal of Cluster.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker - I WILL BE AN ACE ATTACKAH
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride - These are both great, but I'm more in an ethereal sort of mood at the moment. Also the people who complain about computery sounding names have no taste whatsoever.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed - NOT IXATAKA

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 03:38:32 AM »
Screw not having sound, I'll vote on what I know well enough/can motivate myself to download onto my Onyx.

Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld: Jecht hype? Very tough choice here, could go either way on any given day. Also, hype for songs where the original is better than the Black Mages version (well... if Battle wasn't on the SNES >_>).

Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed - will get to this.

May download more later, though only if it's up against something that I really want to vote on.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 06:38:27 PM »
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - No contest.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride - I can't believe I'm voting for this AGAIN.  What the hell is wrong with this pool?

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme - I... guess?  It's close here for me.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 10:26:50 AM »
Again, a strong piece that manages to easily best its counterpart.

Like any match between FF4 and FF10, there is simply no comparison.

As much as I like the piano, I seem to be in a Fire Emblemy mood today.

This was a close, and good fight that I needed to take a good chunk of time to work through.  That said, I think Deceitful Wings manages to just barely skate by.

Not a big fan of Aeris, but The Fate is too meandering.

Amusing as a background piece, it's nothing special, but better than Grandia.

Nice music, especially like the use of the chimes.

Does not need a relisten, as this is a powerful, emotive piece vs. a bland one.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 06:26:29 PM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess: Not a fan of the violin section of Murdering Princess, especially considering the killer opening.  People Siezed with Life is just perfect mood setting piece, meanwhile.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld: Just better I feel, also gets props for unique style by video game standards.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride: One of the only songs in FE7 worth a damn vs. a nice sounding but nothing special piano piece.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”: The one song in AI I actually liked or something.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme: ...two songs I care absolutely nothing for, mrf.  Going with the former cause its not related to a character I despise and doesn't give me cringes as a result.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker: SRW does the battle music thing well.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride: Wow, two absolutely yawn inducing songs. I'm going for the one that isn't a vocal.
Skies of Arcadia - Ixa'Taka v Final Fantasy X - A Truth Revealed: Not a song I care much for from SoA's OST vs. song I don't care much for from FFX's OST...FFX having a far superior OST, so yeah.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 07:01:20 PM »
Chrono Cross- People Seized with Life/Prisoners of Fate v Wild Arms ACF - Murdering Princess - Ouch, both of these are good.
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - Opposite of the above.
Metal Saga - Driving to New Fork v Fire Emblem 7 ~ Together, We Ride - Not really close.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Both are awesome... I guess I'll go with Idola.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme - The Fate is far better than Aeris's Theme.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker - Ryoto > Justin
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride - Not close.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 02:22:12 AM »
Final Fantasy 4: Battle with the Four Fiends v Final Fantasy X - Otherworld - not even close.
Atelier Iris 1 - Deceitful Wings v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - both very nice.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - The Fate  ~ Cluster Amaryllis v Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' Theme nice head-to-head same-genre matchup, here.
Grandia: Theme of Grandia v Super Robot Wars (general) - Ace Attacker - Ace attacker? really? you're all nuts.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/. v Tales of the Abyss: Crimson Pride - not even close.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 06:06:27 AM »

"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"