Register

Author Topic: Purple Monkey Dishwasher  (Read 9127 times)

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
Re: Purple Monkey Dishwasher
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 12:25:58 AM »
Err, if there's a lazy contest, I think I could pull off a pretty strong showing. =P
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 01:10:37 AM »
*yawn*

Hooray for Supernintendo Chalmers.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 01:44:11 AM »
::Stretches and sits down against the truck::

Teamsters huh?  I can be just as lazy and surly as you!

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 02:05:07 AM »
A real lazy person woulnd't....eh someone else finish that thought, I have to nap.  12 hours of sleep isn't enou

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 10:12:26 PM »
Apparently I truly do fail at being lazy, because I put together another round. Pretty much the same deal as before: one point each for character and episode (aside from the bonus quotes, which are all the same character). I don't repeat characters or episodes (again, outside of the bonus; I will say that one episode shows up among the main twenty and the bonus quotes) but there may be overlap with the previous quiz. You have one week, send PMs, etc. Happy hunting!

EDIT: Forgot to say that the most recent quote here is from season eleven. Most are from before season ten. Also, let me know if I'm being too obscure. Some of these are gimmes, but there's some pretty random stuff mixed in as well.

1: Oh, a sarcasm detector. That's a real useful invention.

2: Oh, and thanks for not making fun of my genitalia.

3: The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother. I call him Gamblor, and it's time to snatch your mother from his neon claws!

4: Are these morons getting dumber, or just louder?

5: Wait a minute. This sounds like rock and/or roll!

6: I need the biggest seed bell you have. ...No, that's too big.

7: Here's the grapes, and here's the wrath!

8: Godspeed, little doodle.

9: Well, only one in two million people have what we call the "evil gene." Hitler had it, Walt Disney had it, and Freddy Quimby has it.

10: I love amateur video, and your show is the most amateur video I ever saw. My hobby is secretly videotaping couples in cars. I dinna come forward because in this country, it makes you look like a pervert. But every single Scottish person does it!

11: Don't worry, Homer. Nine out of ten religions fail in their first year.

12: How naive of me to think a mere atom bomb could fell the chattering cyclops!

13: Talking out of turn? That's a paddling. Looking out the window? That's a paddling. Staring at my sandals? That's a paddling. Paddling the school canoe? Oh, you better believe that's a paddling.

14: At the risk of editorializing, these women are guilty, and must be dealt with in a harsh and brutal fashion. Otherwise, their behavior could inspire other women, leading to anarchy of biblical proportions. ...It's in Revelations, people!

15: In fact, in Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

16: 'Tis no man. 'Tis a remorseless eating machine!

17: No, dig up, stupid!

18: I learned something about myself today. It ain't comedy that's in my blood. It's selling out.

19: Hey man, don't badmouth the head.

20: I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what is "it" seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you!

BONUS: All Ralph, all the time. You just need the episode here.

B1: Me fail English? That's unpossible!

B2: Tastes like Grandma!

B3: That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things!

B4: And when the doctor said I didn't have worms anymore, that was the happiest day of my life.

B5: I bent my wookie.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 01:22:35 AM by El Cideon »

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 01:22:54 AM »
Edited #5 because I suck. Also topic bump.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 05:41:42 AM »
Sent.  Feel I got more this time around.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 09:40:11 PM »
Worth a try.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 04:11:34 AM »
Thread bump. Answers will be posted Saturday evening sometime. El Capitan, Meeple? You two better get me answers before then!

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 05:07:23 PM »
One last bump. Results go up sometime this evening, so if you have any last-minute answers or corrections, get 'em in now.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 01:15:41 AM »
Time's up! Answers below:

1: Oh, a sarcasm detector. That's a real useful invention.

Comic Book Store Guy, in They Saved Lisa's Brain. AKA the Mensa episode ("Larry Flynt is right, you guys suck!")

2: Oh, and thanks for not making fun of my genitalia.

Mr. Burns, in Brush With Greatness. Marge paints his portrait. (Marge's response, to Homer: "I thought I did.")

3: The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother. I call him Gamblor, and it's time to snatch your mother from his neon claws!

Homer, in $pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling). I think everyone got this. It's hard to imagine anyone but Homer saying it.

4: Are these morons getting dumber, or just louder?

Mayor Quimby, in Much Apu About Nothing. AKA the episode with the Bear Patrol/illegal immigrant law. (His aide consults a report and replies, "Dumber, sir!")

5: Wait a minute. This sounds like rock and/or roll!

Reverend Lovejoy, in Bart Sells His Soul.

6: I need the biggest seed bell you have. ...No, that's too big.

Hans Moleman, stuck inside a phonebooth at the bird sanctuary, in Itchy & Scratchy Land. FYI, for the person who asked: a seed bell is a vaguely bell-shaped agglomeration of seeds held together by some gluelike substance that birds like to eat (suet, I believe). Suburbanites put them in their backyards to attract picturesque wildlife.

7: Here's the grapes, and here's the wrath!

Nelson, in Lisa's Rival. Episode of dioramas.

8: Godspeed, little doodle.

Ned Flanders, lost at sea with Bart and Homer in Boy-Scoutz N the Hood.

9: Well, only one in two million people have what we call the "evil gene." Hitler had it, Walt Disney had it, and Freddy Quimby has it.

Doctor Hibbert, in The Boy Who Knew Too Much. Bart skips school and winds up being the only witness who can clear the mayor's nephew.

10: I love amateur video, and your show is the most amateur video I ever saw. My hobby is secretly videotaping couples in cars. I dinna come forward because in this country, it makes you look like a pervert. But every single Scottish person does it!

Groundskeeper Willy, in Homer Badman. Also known as Homer S: Portrait of an Ass-Grabber.

11: Don't worry, Homer. Nine out of ten religions fail in their first year.

God, in Homer the Heretic. I maintain that God has enough appearances in the show to not count as a guest star.

12: How naive of me to think a mere atom bomb could fell the chattering cyclops!

Sideshow Bob, in Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming. He just had to go for that retro-fifties charm.

13: Talking out of turn? That's a paddling. Looking out the window? That's a paddling. Staring at my sandals? That's a paddling. Paddling the school canoe? Oh, you better believe that's a paddling.

Jasper (beardy guy who hangs out with Grandpa a lot), in The PTA Has Disbanded.

14: At the risk of editorializing, these women are guilty, and must be dealt with in a harsh and brutal fashion. Otherwise, their behavior could inspire other women, leading to anarchy of biblical proportions. ...It's in Revelations, people!

Kent Brockman, in Marge on the Lam. The "Technical difficulties" sign the network puts up in response to this outburst is priceless.

15: In fact, in Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

Lisa, in Bart vs. Australia.

16: 'Tis no man. 'Tis a remorseless eating machine!

The Old Sea Captain (the episode refers to him as Captain McAllister, but that's the only time I can recall him ever being addressed by name), aghast at Homer's appetite in The New Kid on the Block. Homer's lawsuit wasn't the main plot of the episode, but you got credit if you remembered even that much.

17: No, dig up, stupid!

Chief Wiggum, stuck in a hole in Homer the Vigilante.

18: I learned something about myself today. It ain't comedy that's in my blood. It's selling out.

Krusty, in The Last Temptation of Krust.

19: Hey man, don't badmouth the head.

Bart, in Blood Feud. Bart donates blood to save Mr Burns' life, gets a giant stone head in return instead of the monetary reward Homer was hoping for. Oooooold episode, not many people got this.

20: I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what is "it" seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you!

Grandpa, in Homerpalooza.

BONUS: All Ralph, all the time. You just need the episode here.

B1: Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Lisa On Ice. Hockey episode.

B2: Tastes like Grandma!

E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt), AKA the Tomacco episode.

B3: That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things!

This Little Wiggy, Knowledgium/playdate episode.

B4: And when the doctor said I didn't have worms anymore, that was the happiest day of my life.

Lisa the Greek, AKA the one where Homer uses Lisa for betting on football.

B5: I bent my wookie.

Lisa's Rival again

---

Scores!

Soppy: 41/45
NEB: 37/45
Meeple: 36/45
CK: 33/45
Fudo: 33/45
Nitori: 31/45
Doma: 28/45
Trips: 26/45
Super: 4/45

Soppy dominates again, with NEB and Meeple fighting a close battle for second place. Credit goes to Super for trying!

I believe Trips was contemplating taking a round at some point, so I'll step aside and give him the floor if he's still interested.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 01:35:15 AM »
Well, finally three quotes I plain didn't recognise, in 6, 19, and B2. I could vaguely remember all three being said at some point, so I knew I'd seen the episode, at least.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 03:35:52 AM »
Ouch. I did much worse this time around.

I am still interested in doing a round 3, just give me some time to collect quotes/info and I'll throw 'er up.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 04:45:33 AM »
I missed Bonus 4, the episode for 14, and all of 19, I think. I should have at least GUESSED Bart for 19, but the other three were complete blanks for me.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 05:15:46 AM »
Missed the episode for 4(No clue at all), 14(My guess was the episode were Marge petitioned for an end to itchy and Scratchy), and 19(Though I honestly think that the same line is said in the episode I sent in).  Missed everything for 6(No idea.), 8(Thought Ned actually but eventually I sent in something related to Skinner instead), and 12(This I should have gotten since a Bob episode was on that week).

As for bonus, I only got 3 and 5.  I thought the Tomacco episode was in a later season, so I went with Das Bus.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 05:27:49 AM »
Okay, I've tried posting my list twice now, and it's been eaten by the internet both times. So you're going to have to wait until tomorrow.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
Okay, let's see if this works. Same rules as before, you need the name and a reasonable description of the episode to get full points.

1. I was saying "Boo-urns".

2. Oh, you Americans with your "Due Process" and "Fair Trials". This is so much easier in Mexico.

3. Remember when I said I would eat you last? I lied.

4. This is indeed a disturbing universe.

5. I love you, Dr. Zaius.

6. It brings love! Don't let it get away!

7. You know, they call them fingers, but I don't ever see them fing. Oh, there they go.

8. I'll be taking batteries. To throw at people I don't like. Like you!

9. Now I...I finally have time to do what I've always wanted: write the great American novel. Mine is about a futuristic amusement park where dinosaurs are brought to life through advanced cloning techniques.  I call it "Billy and the Cloneasaurus."

10. Shoplifiting is an innocent crime, like punching people in the dark.

11. Why, it's that delightful TV leprechaun.  I'm going to get your Lucky Charms!

12. The only thing I'm high on is love...love for my son and daughters.  Yes, a little LSD is all I need.

13. A powerful tidal wave in Kuala Lumpur has killed one hundred and twenty people. Ay, chihuahua!  Whoa, whoa,whoa!

14. Hey you know what?  I could call my ma while I'm up here. Hey, maw!  Get off the dang roof!

15. Now, over the years, a newsman learns a number of things that for one reason or another, he just cannot report.  It doesn't seem to matter now, so...the following people are gay.

16. Your infatuation is based on a physical attraction.  Talk to the woman, and you'll realize you have nothing in common.

17. Weeeeee rooooooove youuuuuuuu!

18. But Aquaman, you can't marry a girl without gills. You're from two different worlds! ...Oh, I've wasted my life.

19. Litter is my most treacherous foe.  I would like to eat its children.

20. Well, he's kind of had it in for me, since I accidently ran over his dog. Actually, replace `accidently' with `repeatedly', and replace `dog' with `son'.

Bonus challenge: 10 Celebrity cameos and One-off characters!

So, think you know plenty about the Simpsons, eh? Well, you...you probably do. But this might trip you up a bit! My only criteria for this section is that the character had at least one line of dialogue in one show during the Simpsons run as a TV series. I don't know if this is going to be a "Hard Mode" or anything like that, since I threw in some pretty obvious gimmies. I'm going to be more leinent on names here, except in the case of celebrity cameos. Oh, and this is going to be counted seperate from the regular list so Soppy doesn't dominate anymore than usual.

1. I must go now. My home planet needs me.

2. Wherever there is mystery and the unexplained, cosmic forces shall draw me near.

3. Hiya, Homer. Find your soulmate!

4. We envy you, Homer. All we have is our music, our legions of fans, our million of dollars and our youth. ...Whoo-hoo!

5. It's time for this Hawk to fly! ....Wrong button.

6. Dear Marge.  Thanks for the fab painting of Yours Truly.  I hung it on me wall.  You're quite an artist.  In answer to your question, yes, we do have hamburgers and fries in England.  But we call French fries `chips'.

7. Hey, look at my feet. You like those moccasins? Look in your closet; there's a pair for you. Don't like them? Then neither do I! Get the hell outta here! Ever see a guy say good-bye to a shoe?

8. People, he's talking about sanitation management. And that affects the whole damn world!

9. Well then, we'll form our own town. Who will come and live a life devoted to chastity, abstinence, and a flavorless mush I call rootmarm?

10. I know your problem.  The Lincoln Memorial was too crowded.

I'll give you guys a week. Send answers by PM, as usual. Have fun!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2008, 02:47:53 AM »
I'm going to be out of town so this is a "Take the fucking quiz you lazy rat bastards" post. So far I've had 3 4 people.

Meeple? NEB? CK? What's the matter, are you scared or something?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:11:25 AM by AAA »

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2008, 03:09:32 AM »
Sometimes it takes a bit of whipping to get people to cooperate. Also, Meeple never sends answers before the last day, so tell him now is the last day.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2008, 03:20:34 AM »
Oh yeah: Any objections if I run an RPG quote quiz when this one's running?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2008, 03:49:18 AM »
I'm going to be out of town so this is a "Take the fucking quiz you lazy rat bastards" post. So far I've had 3 people.

Meeple? NEB? CK? What's the matter, are you scared or something?

I'm too lazy to open my savefile dammit.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2008, 05:06:14 AM »
Oh yeah: Any objections if I run an RPG quote quiz when this one's running?

Well, *I* don't object, but I'm not running this one. I think Trips already left, so I dunno if he can answer.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2008, 05:15:11 AM »
This was a much harder quiz than Cid's ones... so that may be keeping them away.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2008, 06:03:07 AM »
Apparently you have all failed to notice my comments about my laziness earlier in this topic.

I'll get 'em submitted soon enough, I hope.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2008, 12:49:30 AM »
Why would anybody ask me? I'm just hijacking this topic. Not that it matters now, of course.

And nobody else has submitted. Contest ends sometime tomorrow night. Hurry up!