imageRegister

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 8  (Read 3301 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 8
« on: May 14, 2008, 03:12:27 AM »

"Ah well... you can't win them all, I suppose... let's try again."

Team Laggy vs. Dhoulmagus and Auron,  5-0
Team Yakumo vs. Augst, Evil Gaia and Midboss 0-10
Team Super vs. XS3 Shion, MOMO and Virgil, 5-3

Team Snowfire's Matches

Floor 1: An Introduction (The Beginning)

Battle #1: FF1 Garland and PC Bowser.

Garland: I, Garland, will knock you all down
Bowser: ...What kind of insult is that, idiot?! You should say something like 'I, Lord Garland, will steal your princess!!

Battle #2: Kwanda, Humphrey and Onix

Kwanda: You won't get past us! Iron Wall Kwanda will stop you here!
Humphrey: ............yep.
Onix: ONIX ONIX!

Battle #3: Jogurt, Ramus, Euram Barrows, Big Joe, Gobi and Kelvena

Euram: While I may not have my elite guards with me any longer... I, the great Euram Barrows, will put you out of your misery! Let us go, friends!
Ramus: I need to go back to my shop...
Big Joe: I AM AWESOME!!
Kelvena: ...

Battle #4: Luna, Ricardo, SH2 Lucia and Nara

Luna: I do not wish to fight you, but I have no choice. Please, run while you still can.
Ricardo: This shall be where I sing your dirge! Adios, amigos!

Boss Battle, Battle #5: Viper Manor Lynx, PC Harle and Boss Gafgarion

Lynx: You're all fools to have entered this place. I won't let you get your grubby little hands on what awaits you at the bottom. Both of you, I expect you to help me.
Harle: Oui oui monseur Lynx.
Gafgarion: Ugh, I can't believe this... am I still getting paid?

Team Laggy's Matches

Floor 4b: Attrition (Midgame)

"So, you think you have what it takes to make it through this unscathed...? Let's see!"

*All healing and revival effects are reduced to 0 for this floor.

Battle #16: Krin and Karn

Krin: Heh heh heh, you can't get past us.
Karn: I wish I could transform...

Battle #17: Marcus and Lyn

Marcus: Hah! You will not pass here... not while I still breathe!
Lyn: You're right. We cannot let you pass here.

Battle #18: Lemina, Mia and Arnaud

Lemina: I'm not getting paid enough for this, but if it's for the future of Vane...
Mia: I'm sorry, but this is where you cannot pass.
Arnaud: Surrounded by such beautiful ladies... I can't believe my luck!

Battle #19: Shiba, Bazba and Dupa

Shiba: The Lizard Clan will never let you pass here!
Bazba: We'll stop you with all our might!

Boss Battle #4: Augst, Evil Gaia and Tony

Augst: I'm afraid we can't let you all live. It's been determined you're too much of a threat.
Evil Gaia: You will... all die... here...
Tony: I HATE KIDS!!!

Team Super's Matches

Floor 6: What the-!? (Before Endgame)

"I don't feel like letting you choose your fate anymore. This time, I've decided... you get to face something quite a bit different than before. Hahahaha!"

Battle #26: Fujin, Arc, Rudy, and Jet

Fujin: DEFEAT.
Arc: Right, let's defeat them!
Rudy: ...
Jet: Let's go!

Battle #27: Chaz, Queen Zeal, Baal and FuSoYa

Chaz: Elsydeon... We can't let them pass through here.
Zeal: Hahahaha! The power of Lavos... it will be the end of you!
Baal: <Insert something about Grandia crap here>
FuSoYa: Lunarians... fight with me.

Diekbeck, Ull, Meru, Landis

Diekbeck: Eliminating enemy.
Ull: Can you withstand this!? (Wait, that's not right...)
Meru: Dragoon dancing... let's go!
Landis: Hee hee hee...

Boss Battle #6: Ryu2, Albert Simon, Menardi, Camus

Ryu2: ...
Albert Simon: He's a bit quiet, but I do believe we will defeat you.
Menardi: Haahahaha! The power of the Mars Clan will be the end of you!
Camus: I do apologize, but we must now do battle with you.

Team Snowfire | Benjamin, Alex, Nash, Mia, Nall
[Floor 1]
Team Snowfire vs. FF1 Garland and PC Bowser
Team Snowfire vs. Kwanda, Onix, Humphrey and Leo (S3)
Team Snowfire vs. Jogurt, Ramus, Euram Barrows, Big Joe, Gobi, Kelvena
Team Snowfire vs. Luna, Ricardo, Lucia (SH2), Nara
Team Snowfire vs. Boss Lynx, Boss Harle and Boss Gafgarion

Team Laggy | Timelord, Jerin, FFT Ninja, Mia, Nall
[Floor 4b]
Team Laggy vs. Krin and Karn
Team Laggy vs. FE7 Marcus and Lyn
Team Laggy vs. Lemina, Mia and Arnaud
Team Laggy vs. Shiba, Bazba and Dupa
Team Laggy vs. Augst, Evil Gaia and Tony

Team Super| Rika, Aeonless Yuna, Palom, Porom, Onix
[Floor 6]
Team Super vs. Fujin, Arc, Rudy, Jet Enduro
Team Super vs. Chaz, Queen Zeal (form 2), Baal, FuSoYa
Team Super vs. Diekbeck, Ull, Meru, Landis
Team Super vs. Zelos, Lloyd, Noah, Zoah
Team Super vs. BoF2 Ryu, Albert Simon, Menardi, Camus
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:29:16 AM by Nephrite »

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 8
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 03:30:25 AM »
[Floor 1]
Team Snowfire vs. Luna, Ricardo, Lucia (SH2), Nara - Alex's Sword Dance being sick this early pretty much cinches it.
Team Snowfire vs. Boss Lynx, Boss Harle and Boss Gafgarion - Though... hm. Thinking on this. Memory on Boss Harle is sketchy. Lynx sucks, though, Gaffy doesn't do enough to Alex's MP to avoid being taken down. Yeah, he passes.

[Floor 4b]
Team Laggy vs. Krin and Karn - Mia has Wind Cane by now and the speed boost it provides pushes her tremendously over the edge. She spends the first turn of most fights Ice Shelling TL to assure he doesn't succumb to bumrush. They both get a hit in then get offed, most likely on Ninja.
Team Laggy vs. Marcus and Lyn - The entire team goes before them. Lyn gets statused out and Marcus gets doubled by Ninja, Mia can also go first and smite Marcus to assure this.
Team Laggy vs. Lemina, Mia and Arnaud - Uh hell. Team's Mia goes before enemy Mia (the speed boost, relatively, is greater), but enemy Mia probably gets a Flameria off, which probably torches Ninja at this point. Doesn't matter greatly though, Lemina still gets TE'd before she moves and Arnaud can do jack all alone. Jerin having Mirror assures that TL isn't falling to a combined assault up to this point, either, if the first fight focused on him instead and Arnaud tries to go for a magic hit here.
Team Laggy vs. Shiba, Bazba and Dupa - ...S3 lizards. TL again gets def buffed to last for the final fight, he stalls with GlassShield, Mia and Jerin spam MT and take them all out by round 2.
Team Laggy vs. Augst, Evil Gaia and Tony - Overdrive. Kills Tony, the only real threat, while getting in whatever on EVIL GAIA and ignoring Augst. Surviving members proceed to bumrush him to oblivion, then Jerin buffs everyone up with Trick and proceed to physical Augst to death to avoid the elemental spoilage. Let me say that this fight without Overdrive or any similar initiative move is absurd, though, after a floor of no healing/revival to pit against a standard blitz WA4 boss. That's just mean. ;_;

[Floor 6]
Team Super vs. Fujin, Arc, Rudy, Jet Enduro - What. Off the top of my head, nothing on the enemy team can do anything that sticks. Super buffs, sets up, rapes.
Team Super vs. Chaz, Queen Zeal (form 2), Baal, FuSoYa - Zeal wishes she could Hallation or MP Bust at will. Chaz gets IDed out, FuSoYa dies before moving, the rest of them can't, again, do a thing that actually sticks to Super's team. Then it's an easy set up against the Queen.
Team Super vs. Diekbeck, Ull, Meru, Landis - Fuck if I know. Will analyze later.
Team Super vs. Zelos, Lloyd, Noah, Zoah -
Team Super vs. BoF2 Ryu, Albert Simon, Menardi, Camus - Oooh, this looks like a good fight. Need to set up to here first, though.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:36:36 AM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:01:06 AM »
[Floor 1]
Team Snowfire vs. FF1 Garland and PC Bowser- Bowser gets off a terrorize! Which does nothing, he does to the damage blitz.
Team Snowfire vs. Kwanda, Onix, Humphrey and Leo (S3)- Nash wrecks this fight.
Team Snowfire vs. Jogurt, Ramus, Euram Barrows, Big Joe, Gobi, Kelvena- Blitz Kelvena.
Team Snowfire vs. Luna, Ricardo, Lucia (SH2), Nara- Thinking. Bombs may not be legal yet? Actually check that, they are, unique. Mmm. MT and gets him out of danger, I think.
Team Snowfire vs. Boss Lynx, Boss Harle and Boss Gafgarion- I'm sorta shaky on this, buut.. I think? Boss Gaf's sorta shitty. Lynx can be blitzed, Ben has offense, plust sword dance is decent offense at this point.

[Floor 4b]
Team Laggy vs. Krin and Karn- Wind Cane Mia.. mm. I don't think she beats Krin/Karn to the punch actually. They both poke at TL, sort of the theme of the floor. (If TL makes it to the boss they win, if not they lose)
Team Laggy vs. FE7 Marcus and Lyn- TE Lyndis. I have zero respect for evade/blocking against TE considering how stupidly accurate it is against Dullahans in game. Marcus dies horribly to a tricked/ice shelled Ninja.
Team Laggy vs. Lemina, Mia and Arnaud- Good Mia Ice shells TL. Mmm. Mia Flamerias. TL's alive but in bad shape at this point. TL statuses out Arnaud, Ninja+Jerin pummel Lemina into dirt.
Team Laggy vs Shiba, Bazba and Dupa- TL glasshields. Uh.. actually this is sort of bad, his team can't really blitz the lizards. They all have excellent physical staying power and resist fire, so I don't think they can blitz worth a damn. If they do that I don't think they can kill anyone besides maybe Shiba.

That's sort of the problem here. No matter the path taken by Laggy's team, I don't think he can keep TL from taking a Lizard physical here- he doesn't have the MT damage to completely blitz them out (Jerin and Mia are both below average at offense at this point? More importantly, Mia has no true MT damage until Flameria, which she doesn't have at this point). Jerin's MT ice damage at this point is way out of date to boot, she gets blizzard really late.  Any lizard that lands a blow on TL ends the fight here.
Team Laggy vs. Augst, Evil Gaia and Tony- Evil Gaia+Tony pick off Ninja. Rest of the team can't really defend itself at this point. EDIT: I don't see any flaws in the breakdowns or arguments against it, soooo.

[Floor 6]
Team Super vs. Fujin, Arc, Rudy, Jet Enduro- Fujin can't really mess up a team.  Palom murders Rudy, Porom.. well hell, she statuses out Jet, why not? Yuna protects/heals as need be. She probably has Nirvana at this point, so resources aren't an issue. Easy fight. ARc has to invinicble or he dies, but it doesn't matter- Saner gives the team such a speed boost that he won't be able to put any pressure on them at all.
Team Super vs. Chaz, Queen Zeal (form 2), Baal, FuSoYa- ID Chaz, status out Fu. Zeal's MT damage can be controlled by Yuna (Healing every round now). Baal gets blitzed, is ST, etc etc. Now Zeal's easy enough to blitz- between Illusion, Saner, Reflect/etc, I should have no problem healing up and getting in shape. And Boast lets Palom hit the damage cap. Combined with the rest of my team's offense, I Can get past the dangerous MP busting form. Mmm, I actually should have Holy here as well, so that makes blasting past the limit range of Zeal easier.
Team Super vs. Diekbeck, Ull, Meru, Landis-  Diek gets IDed (His status resist is horrible). Ull is.. respectable but not scary until below half life. Yuna protects anyone -we'll say Porom-. Ull/Meru pound on them. Onix+Fire3 should maul Meru- she's barely average against magical damage and Onix's damage is physical. Yeah. Fire 3's weakness hitting should end that. Porom either heals if someone's in danger of dying (Doubtful) or Silences Ull, so he can't get cute with the support spells. Landis sorta sucks here on turn one. Rika then Debans, Yuna heals some more, team pounds and cleans up. I have to be in good shape going into the next fight.
Team Super vs. Zelos, Lloyd, Noah, Zoah- Rika goes first, Saners. This is key as it takes out Zoah/Zelos from the fight pretty much. Lloyd then goes and we'll say kills everyone but Rika and Yuna. Yuna responds by fullhealing Rika. Thankfully Yuna's excellent MDef and Wind being focusing damage means she's in no danger of dying, and she'll beat Lloyd to the next punch. She then heals herself. Rika Illusions Lloyd and then begins picking off his support, while Yuna buffs the team to high hell and heals them up. Once everyone but Lloyd's dead, she slowly revives the team as need be- The turnsplits should be pretty obnoxious here. Once Porom's alived and shelled it's easy to get the team on it's feet.

The fight only gets uglier if you assume the twins survive the damage, and they might- this is right around the time Fu's in the team.
Team Super vs. BoF2 Ryu, Albert Simon, Menardi, Camus- ID Ryu. Menardi's FEARSOME (Shitty) offense does not scare anyone. Simon is going to !!! Rika I think, it's his best bet? No.. actually, the MT damjage is. That means that Final Flame will probably... oh wait Rika halves fire. Well, it'll put pressure on Yu.. oh wait MDef. Well it'll mean the twins die!? Yeah, thinking that Yuna's best bet is to Nulblaze Porom so Camus can't frag her. That's fight pretty much- Porom Charms Camus, or heals, or.. well, you get the picture. Saner seals the deal.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:29:21 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 04:39:44 AM »
[Floor 1]
Team Snowfire vs. Luna, Ricardo, Lucia (SH2), Nara
Team Snowfire vs. Boss Lynx, Boss Harle and Boss Gafgarion - Floor 1.

[Floor 4b]
Team Laggy vs. Krin and Karn
Team Laggy vs. FE7 Marcus and Lyn
Team Laggy vs. Lemina, Mia and Arnaud
Team Laggy vs. Shiba, Bazba and Dupa
Team Laggy vs. Augst, Evil Gaia and Tony - No, Mia does -not- have the Wind Cane by now. Floor 5 is more like it, you get it after the third Dragon. Having that said, it matters, since now it means that TL and Ninja get picked apart within the first two fights, and I see Lyn dodging the opening TimeEclipse (that... didn't matter for the Nils/Alma fight, matters here). Since Team Laggy's offense is junk without TL and Ninja, this spells doom for the team.

[Floor 6]
Team Super vs. Fujin, Arc, Rudy, Jet Enduro - Rika is just too broken. Elim Arc, the rest of the fight is kinda trivial.
Team Super vs. Chaz, Queen Zeal (form 2), Baal, FuSoYa - Elim Chaz, pick the rest of the people apart. With that offense, the team can blow past Zeal's limit range fine.
Team Super vs. Diekbeck, Ull, Meru, Landis - This is more complicated, though. However, Yuna has Dispel, which keeps Diekbeck unable to whore Invincible indefinitely, and the rest is manageable until Diek is done with.
Team Super vs. Zelos, Lloyd, Noah, Zoah - Saner+Deban. lol to this fight.
Team Super vs. BoF2 Ryu, Albert Simon, Menardi, Camus - Elim Ryu. -Stat-. After that, Yuna Nulblazes to cause Camus issues with his opening Final Flame. Albert and Menardi just suck.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 05:21:26 AM »
I don't think I buy Lyn evade hype,  TE pretty much shrugs off every form of evade/blocking in the game. Not that it matters, Glass shield is functionally just about as good. All that matters is keeping TL alive for the final.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 05:37:12 AM »
Eh, you know how much I respect Glass Shield in general, it's not going to perform well against anything more sophisticated than a basic spell or physical to me. Furthermore, if TL is spamming Glass Shield, then they're picking apart the rest of the team, and if he's keeping it up that long, he's not going to have the JP even for Overdrive for the final fight. Him being able to solo the entire final fight with a midgame Overdrive -full- is a bit questionable, but the idea of him doing so alone with low JP is downright implausible, in that case. He can't have the cake and eat it here, and midgame is a bit of a slump for his stats, too, with unremarkable Mystic stat boosts and his own fairly badass bases already being phased out by now. Then, there's the fact that a turn that he doesn't TE something is a turn where he's not offing someone from whittling the team down, that's a lose-lose situation.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:40:32 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 06:25:00 AM »
I'm only talking about the Lyn fight, where Glass Shield deserves plenty of hype.
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 12:41:20 PM »
Snowfire makes it, Laggy does not, Abstain on Super.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »
Snowfire passes. All his bases are covered, he can handle floor 1.

Laggy passes. Wind cane seems like floor 4 to me, so Mia gets the drop on things. Which is horribly horribly needed. Laggy's own breakdown works.

Super...abstaining for now. Need to look some stuff up.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 05:33:55 PM »
Laggy's breakdown misses a bunch of key elements- he has no true MT damage from Mia at that point, Jerin's only notable MT damage is fire elemental, which the lizards resist. Blizzard would work! Except Jerin doesn't have it yet. For some reason she gets her second level ice spell pretty late. TL's also near death after the first three levels, Krin/Karn do a good job wearing him down.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:59:42 PM by superaielman »
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 07:06:32 PM »
I'm only talking about the Lyn fight, where Glass Shield deserves plenty of hype.

If TL uses Glass Shield on the Lyn fight, they just go for Ninja's throat, and Lyn has bows to bypass Glass Shield spillover damage. And she's doubling midgame TL to boot.

Also, adding to what Laggy's analysis is missing, Mia is juuuuuuuust above Jessica for gameworst damage for that point to boot, and there's a bigger split at that point. I still boggle a bit at the idea of the Wind Cane being floor 4, the point past beating three Dragons is not midgame, but hey.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 07:20:02 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 12:25:36 AM »
Equipment legality: I dunno, there's still a lot of Lunar left after the Water Dragon's cave.  That's still on Disc 1, for starters, even with Disc 2 being shorter.  I'd hesitantly guess that a division would be something like Caldor Isle on Floor 1, Vane / Nanza / False Dragonmaster stuff on floor 2, the Red Dragon on Floor 3, the Blue Dragon on Floor 4, the Black Dragon / Frontier on Floor 5, and the Grindery and Althena's Tower on Floor 6.  If the Wind Cane is gotten in the Blue Dragon cave, I'd say it's legal on Floor 4.

As for Yuna and the Nirvana...  eh, normally I'd say Celestial Weapons are all post-game and thus Floor 7.  That said, the Nirvana is the easiest to get by far before going to the final dungeon since they practically hand the Crest to you.  Judgment call there...  I suppose there'd be only allowing it in the later battles, but that's just asking for a headache, so I suppose it's probably eaiser just to call the Nirvana (but no other Celestial) legal for Floor 6.

[Floor 1]
Team Snowfire vs. Kwanda, Onix, Humphrey and Leo (S3) - Only issue here it that Thunder Bomb isn't technically full MT, even though it normally hits most.  There's also Confuse if need be.   Mia Blizzards, Ben cures up any damage anyway.
Team Snowfire vs. Luna, Ricardo, Lucia (SH2), Nara - This....  this is actually interesting.  I respected this fight before, and adding Nara to the "need to kill" list makes it more interesting.  Let's see, for init, it's going to be something like Nash (1.2*) -> Ben (1.10) -> Ricardo-> (1.07) -> Alex (1.05) -> Lucia (.98) -> Luna (.97) -> Mia (.87) -> Nara(.58).  Hmm..  actually, Ricardo getting a turn isn't as bad as I thought, looking at the skillset.  Luna and Nara are the ones that really need to die.  Tentatively, Nash Thunder Bombs Ricardo and hopefully others as well, and Ben tosses bombs.  Ricardo may be dead, but even if he's not, he sets up an irrelevant evade boost or Regen effect.  Alex Sword Dances Luna out before she can start sleeping everyone (Insert angry Luna face here), Lucia buffs the teams defenses, but this fails to save Nara's tiny remaining HP after the bombs from Mia's Blizzard.  Next round, Nash & Ben finishes the job on Ricardo, leaving Lucia alone.  (* Alex, Nash, & Luna's speed is a little high here; the listed avg. in the stat topic doesn't include Ramus or Luna, both of whom are definitely relevant on Floor 1.  I added ~.05 to their scores.  Mia I left out because she isn't technically supposed to be in the party yet.)
Team Snowfire vs. Boss Lynx, Boss Harle and Boss Gafgarion - Boss Gaf can't avoid the status IIRC his equipment correctly, so Nash Confuses him.  Everyone else kills Harle.  Even if Gaf gets lucky and the status misses...  worst he can do is blow away Ben's magic, and I don't think any healing is even really needed for this once Harle dies.

Team Laggy: Seems pretty clear you have to know TimeLord to vote here.

Team Super: Tentative pass, though I'd like to point out that Saner doesn't take Zelos out of the fight - he's got spells he can fall back on, and Saner only boosts physical evade, right?  Of course, his spells are nothing special, so it probably won't help.  I guess I should look up what Noah can do in that one.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 12:42:05 AM »
If the Wind Cane is gotten in the Blue Dragon cave, I'd say it's legal on Floor 4.

You get it in a cave -after- you beat the Blue Dragon. I'm not sure even if Blue Dragon is early enough to consider floor 4, though. Feels clearly a bit past the midpoint to me.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 02:21:48 AM »
Team Super: Tentative pass, though I'd like to point out that Saner doesn't take Zelos out of the fight - he's got spells he can fall back on, and Saner only boosts physical evade, right?  Of course, his spells are nothing special, so it probably won't help.  I guess I should look up what Noah can do in that one.

Zelos's spells are like half average damage. They blow. Noah's best bet is Thunder here, but Yuna can halve that and it's only good for putting a bit more pressure on. It's not going to tip the fight, and he can't really do much else.
-------------------

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 12:40:32 PM »
Pass to Team Snowfire, abstain/no vote Team Laggy, pass to Team Super.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 04:02:37 PM »
I do want to update this tommorow or Wednesday, so please get your votes in now if you haven't.

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 05:13:55 PM »
Snowfire and Laggy pass, Abstain on Super.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 05:29:07 PM »
I think everyone makes it.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
Snowfire/aiel pass, abstain on Laghead~
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 05:09:12 AM »
SnowFiyah and faiel make it. Lagbeast doesn't.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Taishyr

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 05:30:00 AM »
SnowFire and the aiel make it. Abstain on Laggy, not comfortable enough with TL at this point but I would definitely consider Wind Cane floor 4, myself.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 08:14:12 PM »
Abstain on Team Snowfire; While he proooobably makes it, I'm uncomfortable voting on a team that's 3/5ths characters from LSSSC, which is probably the ranked game I'm fuzziest on out of those I've actually played.

Team Laggy...the problem is, there's too many variables here that feel like they could hamstring Laggy.

Take his own assessment, which is the most positive. Team Laggy eats: One physical a pop from the first fight, A Flameria to everyone, three Lizard physicals. So we're up to about an 30% average damage? 25%? hit to average(More to Ninja) to everyone, and five physicals; This is borderline for offing both Mia and Ninja. So TL blows all his damage, offs Tony, and...literally can't do a damned thing to Augst, so we have...an...an...elemental mage vs Augst.

This is assuming they don't shoot for Jerin, bring her down to near death, and then just off her in the final fight. Mia vs Augst is sadder.

Then there's the combination of TE needing a hit definitely on Lyn(Even a small evade chance, considering the fact that many parts of this are borderline to start with, matters for me.) and the fact that Arnaud's best action is to pop someone with his ID weapon furthering lowering the odds of winning...yeah, I can't see Laggy making it through this, off his own optimistic assessment. And that sounds like the best assessment. This floor might be a bit harsh, although Laggy's...kinda not well designed for it, very non-tanky. Anyways, Team Laggy falls it seems.

Team Super....reading over his assessment, the only thing he missed is that Nulspells are MT and that helps him. I agree with the Yuna comments on Nirvana/Holy, soooo...yeah, Team Super passes.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 01:09:27 AM »
Since my longer post was eaten, short version:

Team Snowfire passes.  Floor 1.

Super also passes given what I've read.

Abstain on Laggy.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 10:04:24 AM »
Alright, looking this over...

Yeah, I'll give a pass to Team Super.  Porom doesn't do much besides keep Yuna in the fight, but that's all he really needs as his team is the Rika/Yuna show.

Cyril, I'm convinced by the arguments.  His team needs a bit too much luck to get by, his Team Falls.

Finally, Snowfire.  Yeah, it's the first floor.  But let's look at it.  He's going in with Nash and Mia, who are both limited in options and MP at this point.  He's got Nall, who'll keep people alive, but that's it.  There's Alex, but he sucks on Floor 1, given that he is inferior to Ramus at the start of the game, and only has one attack and no skills.  This leaves us with Ben, who's his only consistant slugger, and his healer, with limited shots of healing.  Which he'll be needing, and almost certainly running out of.

Given the resources issues, he can't kill Bowser before a Terrorize gets off, and Garland will bring some pain.  The tanks and stallers will be able to get their games mostly going with little interferance, and by the time he faces the final fight, he'll have his choice of which CC char he tries to off first, but Lunaretic/Feral Cats will take out too many people for him to cope.  Note also that Mia will not matter in the final battle as Gaff will MP bust her before she can act, assuming she even has any MP left by that point.

Honestly, I can't see him winning.  Team Snowfire falls.