Author Topic: AGMT: R1, Pool 11  (Read 2959 times)

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
Re: AGMT: R1, Pool 11
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:19:05 AM »
Protricity - BrainsickMetal (Megaman X) vs GrayLightning - Phoenix Symphonic (Final Fantasy 4) - Holy Slaughter, Batman!
Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs Tepid, The orichalcon, pixietricks - Via (Final Fantasy X)- ...wow. I do believe this is the best match of the contest so far. Twelfth Commandment is a personal favorite of mine (it was my #1 nomination), but man oh man, Via just came out of nowhere and made my favorite FFX track sound even better. Very tough choice, but I have to give it to Twelfth Commandment, methinks. I'm talking about a difference between a perfect 10 and a 9.5 here; they don't get much closer than that.
AIR arranged sound album ARIA - ARIA -beyond the air- (AIR) vs Noriyuki Iwadare - Alent Requiem (Grandia) - The Engrish actually isn't as distracting as I originally thought it would be. Both tracks are nice, but Beyond the Air is a tad better to my ears.
Russell Cox - Molding of Destinies (Chrono Cross) vs SO Blue Sphere Arrange Sound Track - No Mercy (Star Ocean Blue Sphere) - The Star Ocean track did nothing for me. On the other hand, you can't go wrong with Chrono Cross music.

Alabaster - Final Attack (Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song) vs Wild ARMs Music the Best Feeling Wind - Ordinary Scenery (Wild ARMs 3) - Dear God, Alabaster, what have you done to that poor RSMS track? You've turned it into a monster! A freakish, repetitive, oh-God-my-eardrums-are-bleeding monster!
The Black Mages - The Skies Above (Final Fantasy X) vs Waddle Dee - Hoshi no Kirby - Ultimate Eternal Kaoss Delux - Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star) - If the Skies Above track had ended at 1:45, it would have been perfect. Everything that happens after that is an abomination to music.
SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) vs Zid - The Battle of Strings and a Cell Phone (Final Fantasy 9) - The first person who complains about Save Me being too long gets a swift kick in the crotch. EDIT: *kicks Excal in the crotch...swiftly*
OKKUSENMAN (Megaman 2) vs Bound Together EB remixes - Winters & Morse (Earthbound) - ...Okkusenman was entered as a joke, right?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:43:33 AM by Lance »

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 02:21:29 AM »
Protricity - BrainsickMetal (Megaman X) vs GrayLightning - Phoenix Symphonic (Final Fantasy 4) - Match of eh, surprising for those two names.

Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs Tepid, The orichalcon, pixietricks - Via (Final Fantasy X) - Seconding Lance, this is a really, really, really, really good match.

AIR arranged sound album ARIA - ARIA -beyond the air- (AIR) vs Noriyuki Iwadare - Alent Requiem (Grandia) - English vocals that are actually good vs ... that is also supposed to be English, right?  Yeah.

Russell Cox - Molding of Destinies (Chrono Cross) vs SO Blue Sphere Arrange Sound Track - No Mercy (Star Ocean Blue Sphere) - Another good match, I dig the SO track but the CC is just better to me.

Alabaster - Final Attack (Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song) vs Wild ARMs Music the Best Feeling Wind - Ordinary Scenery (Wild ARMs 3) - Not close.  You'd think RSMS vs WA3 would go the other way, though.

The Black Mages - The Skies Above (Final Fantasy X) vs Waddle Dee - Hoshi no Kirby - Ultimate Eternal Kaoss Delux - Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star) - ... I think the fart synth at 0:31 of the Kirby track sums this match up.

SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) vs Zid - The Battle of Strings and a Cell Phone (Final Fantasy 9) - Ah!  THERE'S the SGX Ico mix.  Champ bait, and I don't even like electronica.  Gotta give props to the competition here, Strings and Cell Phone is good in its own right, but not Save Me good.

OKKUSENMAN (Megaman 2) vs Bound Together EB remixes - Winters & Morse (Earthbound) - ........................... the winner of this vs Save Me in round 2?  Man, that's like... that's the contest, right there.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 07:00:23 AM »
Protricity - BrainsickMetal (Megaman X) vs GrayLightning - Phoenix Symphonic (Final Fantasy 4)

Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs Tepid, The orichalcon, pixietricks - Via (Final Fantasy X)

AIR arranged sound album ARIA - ARIA -beyond the air- (AIR) vs Noriyuki Iwadare - Alent Requiem (Grandia)

Russell Cox - Molding of Destinies (Chrono Cross) vs SO Blue Sphere Arrange Sound Track - No Mercy (Star Ocean Blue Sphere)

Alabaster - Final Attack (Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song) vs Wild ARMs Music the Best Feeling Wind - Ordinary Scenery (Wild ARMs 3)

The Black Mages - The Skies Above (Final Fantasy X) vs Waddle Dee - Hoshi no Kirby - Ultimate Eternal Kaoss Delux - Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star)

SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) vs Zid - The Battle of Strings and a Cell Phone (Final Fantasy 9)

OKKUSENMAN (Megaman 2) vs Bound Together EB remixes - Winters & Morse (Earthbound)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:05:31 PM by Unoriginal »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:53:01 AM »
Protricity - BrainsickMetal (Megaman X) vs GrayLightning - Phoenix Symphonic (Final Fantasy 4)
Easy.
Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs Tepid, The orichalcon, pixietricks - Via (Final Fantasy X)
Both of these are great, but the victory is still fairly clear-cut for 12th.
AIR arranged sound album ARIA - ARIA -beyond the air- (AIR) vs Noriyuki Iwadare - Alent Requiem (Grandia)
Both are good yet somewhat unfulfilling.
Russell Cox - Molding of Destinies (Chrono Cross) vs SO Blue Sphere Arrange Sound Track - No Mercy (Star Ocean Blue Sphere)
CC track was actually kinda boring.  No Mercy was all right.
Alabaster - Final Attack (Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song) vs Wild ARMs Music the Best Feeling Wind - Ordinary Scenery (Wild ARMs 3)
Boo hiss Final Attack.
The Black Mages - The Skies Above (Final Fantasy X) vs Waddle Dee - Hoshi no Kirby - Ultimate Eternal Kaoss Delux - Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star)
Bleh.  Skies could have been good without the awful singer.
SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) vs Zid - The Battle of Strings and a Cell Phone (Final Fantasy 9)
Awesome tracks, both.  They team up and erase the tracks below from history, saving the day.
OKKUSENMAN (Megaman 2) vs Bound Together EB remixes - Winters & Morse (Earthbound)
W.  T.  F.  A thousand deaths are not enough for you.  Also my perfect anti-EB voting record is now broken.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 08:06:54 AM »
The MMX tune is too long and repetative for what it is.

I'm not all that big a fan of Twelfth Commandment, for all that it's a great background piece.  That said, it's up against an insomnia cure, so easy win.

Nice, that's a really catchy tune.

I have the Cox piece, and it is nice, but...  No Mercy is fresher, and while it is a little off kilter, I like it enough to give it this vote.

The slow paced piano doesn't really fit with the piece, but it's still miles ahead of the competition.

It doesn't hurt that I like the singer here.

Sorry Lance, Save Me is Too Damned Long!

Oh, so that's the version of Okkusenman that was chosen for this tourney.  Never really been able to decide which one I liked more anyways.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 01:22:34 AM »
Protricity - BrainsickMetal (Megaman X) vs GrayLightning - Phoenix Symphonic (Final Fantasy 4): Decently fun, and the FF4 track kinda passes by in a haze.
AIR arranged sound album ARIA - ARIA -beyond the air- (AIR) vs Noriyuki Iwadare - Alent Requiem (Grandia): Whoa, I'm voting for an Iwadare song. What can say, it's a fun track.
Russell Cox - Molding of Destinies (Chrono Cross) vs SO Blue Sphere Arrange Sound Track - No Mercy (Star Ocean Blue Sphere): Eh, SO track is kind of a mess.
Alabaster - Final Attack (Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song) vs Wild ARMs Music the Best Feeling Wind - Ordinary Scenery (Wild ARMs 3): Eh. Works, and I don't really dig the synths in the RSMS song.
The Black Mages - The Skies Above (Final Fantasy X) vs Waddle Dee - Hoshi no Kirby - Ultimate Eternal Kaoss Delux - Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star): Both are awesome just for being completely silly (The Skies Above is so melodramatic that not even I can take it seriously), but I think Sage hype wins out over drunken opera singers today.
SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) vs Zid - The Battle of Strings and a Cell Phone (Final Fantasy 9): As much as the latter sounds like it belongs in a Wes Anderson movie, I like the trance mix.
OKKUSENMAN (Megaman 2) vs Bound Together EB remixes - Winters & Morse (Earthbound): First one of the EB tracks I haven't really liked, and OKKUSENMAN is just so enchantingly bad.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:45:51 PM by El Cideon »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 02:29:32 PM »
Protricity - BrainsickMetal (Megaman X) vs GrayLightning - Phoenix Symphonic (Final Fantasy 4): Match of meh.
Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs Tepid, The orichalcon, pixietricks - Via (Final Fantasy X): Decent match. Have to give the nod to the arrange that takes a track I loathe and makes it something I enjoy listening to.
AIR arranged sound album ARIA - ARIA -beyond the air- (AIR) vs Noriyuki Iwadare - Alent Requiem (Grandia): Eh.
Russell Cox - Molding of Destinies (Chrono Cross) vs SO Blue Sphere Arrange Sound Track - No Mercy (Star Ocean Blue Sphere): eh.
Alabaster - Final Attack (Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song) vs Wild ARMs Music the Best Feeling Wind - Ordinary Scenery (Wild ARMs 3): feh.
The Black Mages - The Skies Above (Final Fantasy X) vs Waddle Dee - Hoshi no Kirby - Ultimate Eternal Kaoss Delux - Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star): The ridiculously OTT singing makes the track great.
SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) vs Zid - The Battle of Strings and a Cell Phone (Final Fantasy 9): Save_Me from the apathy, Strings and Cell Phone!
OKKUSENMAN (Megaman 2) vs Bound Together EB remixes - Winters & Morse (Earthbound): Both are bad. And in being bad in the awesomest, flashiest way possible, you just DO NOT compete with Okkusenman.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 08:03:46 PM »
Protricity - BrainsickMetal (Megaman X) vs GrayLightning - Phoenix Symphonic (Final Fantasy 4) - I managed to forget both of these were playing.  Yeah.
Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs Tepid, The orichalcon, pixietricks - Via (Final Fantasy X) - These two are pretty enough, but they're just... there.  They don't make me care about them at all.
AIR arranged sound album ARIA - ARIA -beyond the air- (AIR) vs Noriyuki Iwadare - Alent Requiem (Grandia) - Well, that's certainly much better than the other AIR mix, not that this is saying much. >_>
Alabaster - Final Attack (Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song) vs Wild ARMs Music the Best Feeling Wind - Ordinary Scenery (Wild ARMs 3) - Less repetitive.  Final Attack doesn't change from the same couple note opening for over a minute. <_<
The Black Mages - The Skies Above (Final Fantasy X) vs Waddle Dee - Hoshi no Kirby - Ultimate Eternal Kaoss Delux - Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star) - It was immediately obvious I wasn't going to like the Kirby song, and it didn't get better from there.
SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) vs Zid - The Battle of Strings and a Cell Phone (Final Fantasy 9) - I don't mind if a song is that long if it's that good.
OKKUSENMAN (Megaman 2) vs Bound Together EB remixes - Winters & Morse (Earthbound) - Both bad, but I'm more critical of a remix of a song that was awesome before the mixing.  Also there's a version of Okkusenman that actually doesn't make my ears bleed out there.

And apparently Putfile gave up -again- before I could finish.  *sigh*  I'll try and remember to get the last one later.  Edit: There, done.  Finally. <_<
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:30:17 PM by Yakumo »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 04:48:12 AM »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 10:28:29 PM »
-- I guess.

-- I guess.

-- Both of these are alright.

-- No Mercy needs some damn focus.  Also, Molding of Destinies is great.

-- ...oh god that rsms remix is terrible

-- Sure why not.

-- Strangely good.

-- Yep.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 10:28:55 AM »
Brainsick Metal vs Phoenix Symphonic - Man, Metal's a bit flat, but it works somehow. I like it. Phoenix is pretty beautiful, but not really beautiful enough to challenge it.
The Twelfth Commandment vs Via - Twelfth has style. Can't really say that Via does.
ARIA -beyond the air- vs Noriyuki Iwadare - Alent Requiem (Grandia) - Well, Aria certainly jumps in quality after its opening. Unfortunately for Alent, I don't really care much for the style of song it is.
Molding of Destinies vs No Mercy - Urgh. Molding has nothing to recommend itself, but No Mercy is on the verge of being actively bad.
Final Attack vs Ordinary Scenery - Final Attack is great. I could see my tastes rewriting themselves into liking Scenery but they haven't yet, so there's not much I can do about that. Final'd probably still win anyway.
The Skies Above vs Gourmet Race - I like the track Skies is based off, but I can't say I think much of the singing they're doing. Still pretty good. Easy win against this Kirby track anyhow.
Save Me vs The Battle of Strings and a Cell Phone - Save Me is decent, albiet overly long. Strings is mildly horrific.
OKKUSENMAN vs Winters & Morse - I hate okku. I also hate Winters. I have no choice but to go with Okku for the complete left side, but I'm not going to enjoy it.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 04:27:53 AM »
Results.

Protricity - BrainsickMetal (Megaman X) 8
GrayLightning - Phoenix Symphonic (Final Fantasy 4) 3

Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) 7
Tepid, The orichalcon, pixietricks - Via (Final Fantasy X) 4

AIR arranged sound album ARIA - ARIA -beyond the air- (AIR) 6
Noriyuki Iwadare - Alent Requiem (Grandia) 5

Russell Cox - Molding of Destinies (Chrono Cross) 6
SO Blue Sphere Arrange Sound Track - No Mercy (Star Ocean Blue Sphere) 4

Alabaster - Final Attack (Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song) 1
Wild ARMs Music the Best Feeling Wind - Ordinary Scenery (Wild ARMs 3) 9

The Black Mages - The Skies Above (Final Fantasy X) 7
Waddle Dee - Hoshi no Kirby - Ultimate Eternal Kaoss Delux - Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star) 4

SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) 7
Zid - The Battle of Strings and a Cell Phone (Final Fantasy 9) 4

OKKUSENMAN (Megaman 2) 6
Bound Together EB remixes - Winters & Morse (Earthbound) 4
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!