Register

Author Topic: [Day 3] Candystore Mafia, formerly Generic Boring Mafia  (Read 19337 times)

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 3] Candystore Mafia, formerly Generic Boring Mafia
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »
Bard, how do you think I feel? I fight it all the time.
Do I really look like I have a clue?

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2009, 12:02:59 PM »
Good thing you killed me too, Alex.  Your argument about how Soppy was bad town involved you a) giving an argument that was so bad, it could be used very effectively against you, and b) also gave implications that you knew who was scum or not.  You'd probably be able to fight b) off, but a) is the kind of thing you rarely do when town.

The other thing that was really fun to watch on Day 2 was Soppy and Yoshi argue about who posted first, the Cyril or the Alex.  Hint?  Neither.  They were pretty interchangable, including times when they practically posted on top of each other.  The really fun thing is that while you had Cyril posts without Alex on Day 1, you never had an Alex post more than 6 minutes away from a Cyril post saying the exact same thing on Day 1.  Had either of you fact checked your contentions, then that might of stuck out.

Then again, the hell do I know.  While both of those stuck out at me before I was told the set up (I was chatting with someone before that time, and very vaguely referenced these things to 'em), I still chose the lazy pick of Bard/Delta scumteam.  So, yeah.  Props to the scum, you guys completely earned this win, even if you were wankers that killed me night 1.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »
Also, I need to improve. Lots.
Do I really look like I have a clue?

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »
Note to future self: Stop sucking, don't seem scummy, trust gut feelings more..
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2009, 04:49:45 PM »
Heh. I was still suspicious of Alex right to the end, as my last post may've implied, but he also struck me as the most town-like by the end. I really, REALLY need to follow my instincts more - they've been closer in every game I've played to my logical solution.

Alex: Saying about the lack of conviction in your cases is a good point, but you have to remember that Laggy started out incredibly strongly, and you finished off. Admittedly, there was no time both of you were particularly devoted to a case, but there was hardly a time where -neither- of you were.

Bard... If your last post had had some conviction to it, I might have changed vote. That said, I doubt it would have switched to the actual Mafia, as you'd've most likely gone to Delta.

Tonfa: DON'T SAVE ANALYSIS. If you planned an analysis, you should have probably posted it at the time, while maintaining that the case on Sopko was stronger. Otherwise, I'd say your play was practically flawless for Day2 - best overall town player, in my opinion.

And... the gambit was probably the winning move for Mafia, if you ask me. While I was practically certain that either one of you two was Mafia, I was also relatively certain that the other was Town. Dammit.

Good game, all. You guys deserved that win. ;)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2009, 07:25:09 PM »
Excal's right on about my day 2 case.  It was terrible, very scummy and only worked because everyone was distracted.

Note on the buddy gambit, though.  Laggy and I saying the same things as each other was intentional, but always posting at the same time was not. That had nothing to do with the game itself at all, it happened because we were talking (not about mafia) and gaming with each other most of those days, and we'd go check out this game when we took breaks.  So the timings would've been the same even had we not been scumbuddies.