Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 23  (Read 4006 times)

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 23
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 08:32:37 AM »
Djinn passes, I fail, consonant fails.

I don't see a way I can make it by Naoto and I think the MP loss is too much for consonat's team.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
Brutal, monkey. I'm leaning towards 'no' on Ruby Armors... but I'm okay with a full-cast set of Ruby Vests... and yeah, that's probably enough. And if Monkey somehow survived it... I -still- can't see a way around Naoto...

Well... the only thing that's even -mildly- possible would be something like Magic Burst hits weakness against Chie->Extra turn->Poke Endured Naoto.

But... I don't think endgame Chie has that pesky Fire weakness anymore...

Brutal... well, Floor 8 is pretty respectable. I can only hope to get that far.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »
The only ones who keep weakness are the two healers - however, looking at the DQ8 topic, I'm wondering if it's possible... could Jessica not use Bounce to survive the ID? She could hit weakness on Yukiko to buy an extra turn (while still using MT damage) and then Bounce. Next turn (if she sees it), Kacrackle again and then Magic Burst? Still, next fight is almost certainly too evil in succession, so Monkey fails.
Random/Gate pass. Think Random's got enough status to survive the floor, and Gate... I'm still mulling over how to understand MT Transform - Transform directly targets the enemy in Pokemon, so should technically target all enemies, which makes my old interp of it wrong. I think I'm gonna give it a 50% chance to take 5 shots of each opponent's spells, while Ditto takes the stats of the first enemy it hits. So... what the hell does it matter? Fogel and Yuna on F2.
Abstain on Djinn. I don't know a damn thing about 3 of his characters, so can't even make some vague assumptions.

Taishyr

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 01:53:50 PM »
Irrelevant note: Boogie's 85%+ accuracy from my own tries of it.

Gate passes: Fogel + two healers + Eileen. Arguably only Fogel or only Eileen is enough to clear house, but hey, both for twice the fun.

Random: First fight Saner goes up, no one's likely frogged due to accuracy issues by the initial salvo (they'd want to aim at Shiho/Ayla), and Celes tosses out status. Goes from there, Ayla medics up anyone who needs frog off with Kiss.
Second fight, MT sleep goes out, the counters kill Alys, Ayla revives, Shiho heals up, Lucian does something (preferably nothing but) and Celes statuses.
Third fight, kinda same song and dance as the second.
Fourth fight, uhhh depends on SO3 speed respect but the way I view it they need to block both ID and sleep or have someone/the entire team be dropped/disabled to Alys. If they block both she just Saners and suddenly the accuracy takes a hit. This being said, presuming perfect "disable for next fight" AI, they then focus on MP busting the group. Celes/Ayla are the main targets there. However... not sure how much will get through as damage due to Saner... I'd be willing to see a full offense disabling Ayla's MP, though, since her MP pool is kinda unimpressive.
Final fight, Alys Saners, Ayla bites and gets killed by counter, Lucian carves in, gets killed, Shiho revives, let's say Genevieve kills Shiho at this point, Celes revives Shiho, and I'm not sure what Genevieve can do in theory to put a halt to the res cycle.
Random passes.

ahahaha wait what I'm a dork Celes doesn't have revival yet. So Celes instead drops a healbomb (Genevieve is vulnerable to undead-damaging stuff, FF6 healing damages undead. Heal's a different category) and gets herself nuked, Alys tosses out damage and gets nuked, Lucian tosses out his damage chain again, gets nuked.
Still, that's... Celes+Lucian x2+Alys+Ayla. The latter two aren't so relevant but it's good enough.
Random passes.

Monkey falls. Good run, but... that floor's ugly.

Djinn, I need to look at more closely. Will deal with later.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:27:10 PM by Taitoro »

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 05:29:36 PM »
Gate passes, Monkey falls.  Abstain on the other two for now.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 01:32:30 AM »
Gate passes, Monkey falls.  Abstain on the other two for now.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 05:26:54 PM »
Just chiming in to note SO3 does indeed have stone/petrify blockers as well Djinn so yeah they are covered for both stone and death. Vanish mocks the SO3 fight if Celes has it in any form though ... I think she might have? I forgot~
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:33:38 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Taishyr

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 05:53:26 PM »
How many of Sleep/Petrify/ID can they block simultaneously, CT?

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 06:36:11 PM »
They can't block sleep =-) Just two status blockers simultaneously of anti poison, petrify, paralysis, silence, freeze and instant death accessories. They are scared by blind, sleep and chaos/confuse for example. If Alys goes first sleep screws 'em up~ Nel/Fayt speed respect exists though >.> Nel could go for freezing Alys for example if she goes first as well as the SO3 team's MP damage options <.< I'm tempted to vote for Consonant though. I know it's down to individual speed respect but most people seem to have been taking all the SO3 PCs as average in the dungeon so far and I think it's been working/is fair =-)~
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:41:59 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Taishyr

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »
...they can't block sleep? Yeah, definite pass to Consonant then - while I can see some speed respect for them I can't see them outspeeding Alys, so Sleep goes off and he goes in to the final with Ayla/Shiho/possibly Celes (forgot Seraphim teaches Life, which should be by end of floor) revival.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2009, 05:38:43 PM »
Magic Burst hits what few forms of magic defence DQ8 has (Barrier and Divine Intervention). It makes all the same defensive checks as Frizz, so unless you see Frizz as ITD, Magic Burst isn't either. So yeah, it may not even OHKO Marle before Ruby Vest is considered, for instance.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.