Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 35  (Read 1916 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 35
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:13:06 PM »

"Alas, alas, alas... You came so far. I congratulate you. Let us see if the new blood can accomplish the same!"

Team Tranquil and Snow vs. Dungeon
Team MICHAEL! vs. RICHARD!!!!!!
Team Super vs. Dungeon

Team Tranquil's Matches

Battle #32: Zio, Lashiec and Dark Force 2

Zio: My great god has returned me to life!
Lashiec: Yes... in order to defeat you!
Dark Force: ...!

Battle #33: Lavos and Lynx

Lynx: I will destroy you and time... with the help of this creature! Now die!

Battle #34: Garland, Kuja and Lani

Garland: I will kill you all here.
Kuja: Ha ha... yes, that's true.
Lani: I... uh... ...bandit?

Boss Battle #7: Zeromus and Exdeath

Zeromus: As long as hatred still exists in the hearts of humanity...
Exdeath: GIANT TREE!

Team Jo'ou's Matches

Floor 6c: Super Smash

"I've been playing some of your human games lately... I
thought this one might be interesting.

Battle #26: Ursula, Peter, Frog and Bob

*These enemies take 40% damage from all attacks.

Ursula: Let's go!
Frog: Doeth a barrel roll!
Peter: ...A what?

Battle #27: Valeria, Robo, Pikachu and Wigglytuff

*These enemies get to double-act.

Robo: So, you are a Captain. You also have a Falcon Rune. Would that make you Captain Fa-
Valeria: Enough.

Battle #28: Mario, Toadstool and Bowser

*These enemies resurrect with full HP and FP when killed once. They must be killed a total of two times.

Mario: It's-a-me! Mario!
Bowser: Grumble grumble...

Battle #29: Ike, Roy, Marth and Lyn

*These enemies counter all attacks against them, including
non-damaging ones. They must counter with a damage attack.

Ike: Aether!!
Roy: Sealed Sword!
Lyn: Here's an item!
Marth: Falchion!

Boss Battle #6: Ness, Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur

*These PCs cannot be hit with any kind of status or stat downs, including things like MP Damage, equip breaks or otherwise unblockable status.

Ness: Um... well, this is a bit odd. Oh well. Pokemon Fight! Ready... GO!

Team Soppy and Dhyer's Matches

Floor 1: A Re-introduction (The Beginning)

"Hahahahaha! You've decided to return! Let us see what you can accomplish."

Battle #1: Palmer and Mist Dragon

Palmer: Muahaha! I am Science!!
Mist Dragon: Turn back!

Battle #2: Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight

Knight: You shall not pass here!

Battle #3: Marle, Alice and FFT Priest

Marle: Yeah! Let's go!
Alice: Yuri...

Battle #4: Lich

Lich: I will... devour you...

Boss Battle #1:
Change Relic

*The team has been fully healed!

"Welcome to Monado Mandala! Here, you shall die!"

---------------------------------------------
Team Tranquil | Dart, Albert, Meru, Sharanda, Rose (Synergy Bonus)
[7c: Unrelenting Storm]
Team Tranquil vs. Empyrea and Marcello
Team Tranquil vs. Zio, Lashiec and Dark Force 2
Team Tranquil vs. Lavos and Lynx
Team Tranquil vs. Garland, Kuja and Lani
Team Tranquil vs. Zeromus and Exdeath

Team Jo'ou | Deis1, Geno, Ryu3, Raja (Speed?), FFT Priest
[Bunyan 1, D'lonzo 1, Mygas 1, Deis 1, Ladon 1]
*These enemies take 40% damage from all attacks. (i.e An attack that does 200 normal damage does 80 to them)
Team Jo'ou vs. Ursula, Peter, Frog and Bob (S2)
*The enemies get to doubleact.
Team Jo'ou vs. Valeria, Robo, Pikachu and  Wigglytuff
*The enemies must be killed twice. They resurrect fully restored when they are killed.
Team Jo'ou vs. Mario, Toadstool and Bowser
*All actions against these enemies can be countered, including debuffs. They must counter with a weapon attack.
Team Jo'ou vs. Ike, Roy, Marth and Lyn
*These PCs cannot be hit with any kind of status or stat downs, including things like MP Damage, equip breaks or otherwise unblockable status.
Team Jo'ou vs. Ness, Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur

Team Soppy | Rika, Chaz, Claude, Sacred Slayer (Status Symbol)
[Floor 1: A Re-Introduction]
Team Soppy vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Soppy vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Soppy vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Soppy vs. Lich (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Soppy vs. Change Relic

Team Dhyer | Ness, Cielo, Nina1, Raja, Seifer (Status Symbol)
Team Dhyer vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Dhyer vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Dhyer vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Dhyer vs. Lich (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Dhyer vs. Change Relic

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is reversed (60% becomes 140%), but after the first round of combat, their speed returns to default and can not be increased in any way.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Synergy Bonus - In the case of the Legend of Dragoon Team, they have access to items and accessories. The items are limited, however.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 03:54:53 PM by Nephrite »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 35
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 04:11:56 AM »
*These enemies take 40% damage from all attacks. (i.e An attack that does 200 normal damage does 80 to them)
Team Jo'ou vs. Ursula, Peter, Frog and Bob (S2)
Team Jo'ou vs. Valeria, Robo, Pikachu and  Wigglytuff
*The enemies must be killed twice. They resurrect fully restored when they are killed.
Team Jo'ou vs. Mario, Toadstool and Bowser
*All actions against these enemies can be countered, including debuffs. They must counter with a weapon attack.
Team Jo'ou vs. Ness, Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur - ugh this floor don't want to think about it that much.  Thinking I buy Snow's logic for the more difficult fights, though.

*Full Heal
Team Soppy vs. Change Relic - Yeah, I am really doubting that the team can deal with Change Relic's MT here.  Claude offense only really goes so far early.

*Full Heal
Team Dhyer vs. Change Relic - Strong kneejerk.

Team CT passes.  Going with Dhyer logic.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:49:19 PM by Random Consonant »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 04:19:13 PM »
I think Snow dies. This floor six is as nasty as ever. Also, Neph is Lucario in the final fight or not? You have him in it in the long version and not in it in the short form.

Dhyer's team fails. He has a lot of healing, but not much else. Raja gets OHKOed by the Knight and the team has to take out Steelix and Shuckle with physicals reduced further by the SSL. Steelix and Knight then gang up on Nina and Cielo and take them out when the opportunity arises. If they manage to get past that fight they have to deal with the healers and I don't think they have the offense to deal with them.

Edit: It turns out that Chaz doesn't get the Foi line. As such changing Soppy to fail. Like Dhyer he just has too much trouble dealing damage on the 2nd fight. Sacred Slayer probably gets taken out by a group effort and they just run out of steam before they get to the full heal.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:17:21 PM by dude789 »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 04:25:05 PM »
I think Snow dies. This floor six is as nasty as ever. Also, Neph is Lucario in the final fight or not? You have him in it in the long version and not in it in the short form.

Lucario was removed from the versions he sent me. Also, pray tell which part I die to - the nastiest fight in the floor for me is the SMRPG one, and that one gets handled by killing Toadstool twice first - which my party has both the skillset and offense to do. The last fight is trivial with all my PCs being faster than Ness and having spammable, non-elemental 1.2x~ PC HP MT that goes off 140% average speed off two PCs and having a third one more than capable to finish Ness off before he gets a turn.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 10:25:41 PM »

He is not.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »
Tranquil's floors are up.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 03:25:02 AM »
Oh hey! I didn't realize the next Nyarlie's was posted! Sweet~

Team Tranquil vs. Empyrea and Marcello - Hmm, this doesn't look like a good start. My kneejerk is that the double-acting will off Meru in one turn before Albert can Rose Storm. Cuts the Dragoons' teams' main offense in half and Rose's damage isn't great anymore. They pass, but I'm thinking Miranda has to blow her Dragoon form on reviving Meru.
Team Tranquil vs. Zio, Lashiec and Dark Force 2 - Again I think they off Meru after her first turn. Once Albert gets Rose Storm up, things become managable, but their Dragoon gauges are low going into the next fight.
Team Tranquil vs. Lavos and Lynx - But it doesn't matter because these two are jokes.
Team Tranquil vs. Garland, Kuja and Lani - Hmm... this could be bad if Ultima actually counts.
Team Tranquil vs. Zeromus and Exdeath - Rose and Dart are basically dead weight, Meru gets one turn of awesome magic damage before the bosses off her. Albert plays utility and Miranda's spamming whatever magic items are left. I think the team makes it because I generally have low respect for these two.

Team Jo'ou vs. Ursula, Peter, Frog and Bob (S2) - Even with the damage penalty, these guys are kinda lulz against Geno Boost Deis1. Ryu3 helps mop up.
Team Jo'ou vs. Valeria, Robo, Pikachu and  Wigglytuff - Kneejerk is that Valeria goes first and offs Deis. Geno IDs Pikachu before he Paralyzes the rest of the team. Ryu3 probably takes care of Wigglytuff before the Sleep. Robo offs Raja, but the team keeps Robo alive long enough for FFT Priest to start healing the team up.
Team Jo'ou vs. Mario, Toadstool and Bowser - Team has to concentrate on Toadstool, so Mario starts picking off the weak healers. Bowser Terrorizes someone, probably Ryu3? Deis and Geno can solo after Toadstool's dead... and they may have to if Mario/Bowser manage to kill off Priest/Raja/Ryu3. Assuming that one of those lives, Jo'ou's fine. But if all three bite it before the end of this match, there could be trouble.
Team Jo'ou vs. Ike, Roy, Marth and Lyn - That's a lot of damage coming all at average speed. Geno Boosted Deis can't take out all of them. If Geno goes for ID instead, then Deis definitely isn't killing any of them. Except maybe Marth. I think Jo'ou's team just gets overwhelmed, especially if Ryu3 died in the last battle.

*Full Heal
Team Soppy vs. Change Relic - Uh... Change Relic might have an argument.

Team Dhyer vs. Lich (FF1) - Raja OHKOs amirite
*Full Heal
Team Dhyer vs. Change Relic - Floor 1 vs. early Seifer damage.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »
Team Tranquil vs. Empyrea and Marcello
Team Tranquil vs. Zio, Lashiec and Dark Force 2
Team Tranquil vs. Lavos and Lynx
Team Tranquil vs. Garland, Kuja and Lani
Team Tranquil vs. Zeromus and Exdeath - No clue nor vote.

Team Jo'ou vs. Ursula, Peter, Frog and Bob (S2) - Geno Whirl, Deis1's Rub, and tanking.
Team Jo'ou vs. Valeria, Robo, Pikachu and  Wigglytuff - Uh.  Okay, I have...  No clue? 
Team Jo'ou vs. Mario, Toadstool and Bowser - I'll just figure this out later.  I'm running clueless at this point.

*Full Heal
Team Soppy vs. Change Relic - No comment nor vote.

*Full Heal
Team Dhyer vs. Change Relic - Going with the general kneejerk.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »
Oh hey! I didn't realize the next Nyarlie's was posted! Sweet~

Team Tranquil vs. Empyrea and Marcello - Hmm, this doesn't look like a good start. My kneejerk is that the double-acting will off Meru in one turn before Albert can Rose Storm. Cuts the Dragoons' teams' main offense in half and Rose's damage isn't great anymore. They pass, but I'm thinking Miranda has to blow her Dragoon form on reviving Meru.

Double acting will off Meru, but not before she gets a turn (She's about 150% speed now after Bandit Shoes. Accessory...I'm assuming she chooses physical halving, but that doesn't save her from Empyrea). Miranda doesn't need to blow Dragoon form, she only needs to blow an item.

I pass (Early Seifer+hi not too hard to access MT OHKO, two mages for the wall fights, 1 reviver at least...Well rounded team was the goal)

Assuming- 70 Speed Dart, 60 Speed Albert, 90 Speed Meru, 85 Speed Miranda, 75 Speed Rose
Albert halves Magic, Meru halves Physicals, Miranda's MP is doubled, Rose received the +20 Speed Ring, Dart...more HP?
Team Tranquil vs. Empyrea and Marcello- Miranda and Meru magic items plus everyone attacking Empyrea should spell her doom. She'll get a chance to knock out Meru though. At least 3 items likely. Might be smart for someone to use a 4th on Miranda (SP +100 because)
Team Tranquil vs. Zio, Lashiec and Dark Force 2- Miranda going before all these guys and unleashing a painful MT Holy shot goes a long way. Albert gets to go before them all and use Rose Storm, which really it going to remove the fear of the MT swarming. Actually, Miranda can attack the first turn, survive the swarm, and use the MT pain and revive anyone who is dead anyways! Doesn't feel too hard to narrow them down to whoever is the weakest and prepare for the next fight.
Team Tranquil vs. Lavos and Lynx- Lavos gives us his first turn. Lynx is Lynx. This doesn't feel like a bad choice to unleash MT OHKO, but even without it, Lynx is Lynx.
Team Tranquil vs. Garland, Kuja and Lani- If they save the Psyche Bomb X for this match though, they can kill all the enemies. At once. Before they all act. Whee. Even without it, Garland doesn't have MT, Lani's MT unfocuses her damage, leaving only really Kuja. So Bum Rushing Kuja is the way to go (Especially since he can get around Dragoon defenses!). Maybe throw the Power Up on Rose and have her near OHKO Kuja. Along with something from one of the faster girls, that should be game for him without worrying about counters.
Team Tranquill vs. Zeromus and Exdeath- Castle Exdeath is nasty, but only ST really. Zeromus has 50% MT, but needs a charge time. Both of them can be scarier in game thanks to the pain of ancient ATB. Without that...less so. Yeah, doesn't seem like any fight here is overwhelming enough (Especially given Psyche Bomb Xs, three turns of magic or physical immunity, the fact that everyone can revive, etc...), which gives CT the win over the floor because she's looking at all the girls being speedsters and Meru/Albert covering their durability flaws!

Team Soppy vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon- Not at issue.
Team Soppy vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight- Uh...man. Allowing Blink would just mean that Knight casts it on himself and Soppy team kind of cries (Illusion does help! But how many castings does he have of it? And it's effect is pretty small early on, I believe?) His magic damage is basically just Tsu I think, which Knight resists. Steelix screeching+other induced pain seems horrible here. Soppy's team isn't looking at revival of any kind until floor 4 or so. Honestly, I could see easily see this fight taking out someone (if not multiple people, honestly)
Team Soppy vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest- Shouldn't be an issue with a full team, although I suppose that it could take out some resources?
Team Soppy vs. Lich (FF1)- Chaz or SS being alive make this easy.
*Full Heal
Team Soppy vs. Change Relic- Uh...I admit, early floors can be really hard for me to gauge. My gut reaction is to vote for Floor 1 though unless someone wants to put out an argument. Having 4 people is bad. Having no revival is bad. Having Rika...arguably not join until floor 2, meaning she gains nothing but what she starts with (Illusion is nice, but may be really limited on uses) is bad. Sacred Slayer...maybe has 100 MP at it's start? That really limits what it can do here somewhat. I'm open to arguments because I really do find it difficult to judge on floor 1, but there are issues.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:26:41 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 10:48:30 PM »
Team Jo'ou vs. Ike, Roy, Marth and Lyn - That's a lot of damage coming all at average speed. Geno Boosted Deis can't take out all of them. If Geno goes for ID instead, then Deis definitely isn't killing any of them. Except maybe Marth. I think Jo'ou's team just gets overwhelmed, especially if Ryu3 died in the last battle.

Ryu3 and Raja are faster than all of them (Speed? Raja, anyone) and can just Shield+Blessing for major shenanigans that make physicals fail. ID dealing with one of them means they can't really one-round anyone that can keep them from going on ever.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »
Everyone passes. Yaay new F1 teams~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 11:14:43 AM »
Everyone passes.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Taishyr

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 03:50:55 PM »
I'm... also going to go everyone passes - Soppy vs. Change Relic is a damn nasty fight but I think the full heal lets him scratch it out by my views. Close, though, and I can understand Dhyer's concern.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
I don't know, the more I look at it, the more problems I really think Soppy's team has with the part before the full heal. They are dead if you cap SD speed low at 60% like me (Because then they aren't killing Shuckle before it gets a turn). Unless they immune Bide? No clue if Safeguard gets stuff like that. If not, they really need to kill Shuckle. If you see Shuckle below 50% speed, I think they can then do it (Maybe. 10% of their damage is being taken away and Knight could cast Ruse/Blink on Shuckle if you allow it, which won't work).

About how good is Chaz's early game magic damage? If it's averagish then Sacred Slayer should help. If it's like 25%, they might have more of a problem. Remember that Chaz and SS must live to Lich (And SS has to have MP). SS probably has about 100 MP when it starts and needs 24 to cast Sanctify (This means 2 Turn Shifts before it basically has to do nothing). Also really relevant...Chaz's MP I suppose. He needs to use Tsu a fairly large number of times (Likely is going to need it against every single enemy in that fight several times). If they can have Chaz out of MP and then someone can manage to kill off SS (Not impossible the next match if Priest gets a turn with Alice).

I don't know, this team feels fairly problematic in terms of what it can do. It's a 4 man team without a super amazing beginning carrier but with one person who starts at L1 with little and arguably doesn't gain much. And uh...yeah, in a way, Rika is their only healer unless Chaz has a lot more more than I'd guess.
...into the nightfall.

Taishyr

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »
...hm. Actually, the one thing I wasn't factoring in too much was Chaz's resource consumption, but you're right, early that will be tight. Move to abstain on Soppy's team for now, need to look it over some more.