Author Topic: <Untitled IAQ Project>Question of Continued Interest  (Read 1015 times)

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
<Untitled IAQ Project>Question of Continued Interest
« on: September 11, 2010, 01:11:15 PM »
Okay.  I've been half-tempted to declare this thing dead.  The IAQ Chat is inactive for the most part, the last post on the board has been roughly a month and a half ago, and the section of the RPGDL Wiki dedicated to it has apparently not been updated for at least a month (though this can partially be attributed to a massive number of nonsense spam pages by a bot that has taken on the username of Jsmith).  Furthermore, I know there likely remains dissent on how certain things should go.

So.  Should we kill it where it stands, or try to revive it once more?
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: <Untitled IAQ Project>Question of Continued Interest
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:37:20 PM »
No reason to declare it dead.  Maybe an extended break or something but I don't see why we have to leave out the option of reviving it later...

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 06:37:35 PM »
Kind of stupid to declare it dead.  It's...what, 80% done?  What else needs worked on with it?  How far is the intent to take it?  I know Djinni and Andy still have interest and have talked about it.  I'd think there's less discussion since it's closer to completion! 

If dissent is the problem, then...whomever is il duce should be the making decisions or bringing things to vote.  It's kind of stupid to stop a project that's come THIS close to completion - really more like giving up.  Revive it yourself if that's an issue! 

It's also been a weird 1.5 months with school starting up and DL Con and other things, so it could also be that time of year.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 04:30:31 AM »
I personally still have some interest in the project, but it admittedly waning at the moment.

It has served its purpose as a creative outlet and an exercise in understanding game design in my opinion. At 80% complete, it's less of a creative exercise and more of an organizational exercise. Really, the basics are all there, it's just the little details that need to be worked out.

For my own stake in this, the only thing I particularly feel like contributing any more is artwork, so if someone wants to just take the project into their own hands and bring it to fruition, I'm willing to draw it. It's almost done anyway. There are some 'undecided' areas, but that just means we need someone to make a decision.

My own interest is more on MF6 and FF6 hacking at the moment because after all that time planning a game, I want to actually have something to show for it.

My plan is probably to finish up MF6 spritework and then move on to an RPGmaker project (or some other rom-hacked game), where I'll probably cannibalize most of the IAQ ideas that are easy to implement.

Basically, I give my consent to whatever other people want to do. I'm not finished with the project, but I'm ready to move onto another version of it. I might come back to it when the interest strikes me again. My projects sort of cycle like that. For a while, I was doing stat topics, then MF6, then artwork, then stat topics again, IAQ, artwork, DL sitework, MF6 again. And different video games and sports between all of those. It's just not the IAQ's 'turn' right now.