imageRegister

Author Topic: Rando Team Matches 2: Kaboom!  (Read 1410 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Rando Team Matches 2: Kaboom!
« on: April 15, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »
Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4)>X, Zero, Cinnamon, Massimo (MMXCM)
Myria (BoF1)<Randi, Popoi, Purim (SoM)
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias)>Profound Darkness (PS4)
Odd Eye, Geshp, Cameela, Zalbard (SF2)<Ashera and Sephiran (FE10)

Magus Three (FFX)<Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars)
Rofel Wodring, Vormav Tingel, Kletian Drowa (FFT)<Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3)
Mewtwo (PKMN)<Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG)
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga)> Xorn and Emelious (G3)

Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4) vs Wugui and Garan (SHs)
Randi, Popoi, and Purim (SoM) vs Emerald WEAPON (FF7)
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Loki and Genevieve (VP1)
Souji Seta, Chie Satonaka, Yukiko Amagi, Yosuke Hanamura (P4) vs Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars)

Kevin, Carlie, Duran, Lise, Hawk, and Angela (SD3) vs Odd Eye, Geshp, Cameela, Zalbard (SF2)
Fou-Lu (BoF4) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG)
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga) vs Magus Three (FFX)
Melfice (G2) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Rando Team Matches 2: Kaboom!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:37:28 PM »
Fou-Lu (BoF4) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG) - Kneejerk. See Fou-Lu as having more than enough damage and durability to handle this one. Takes out Toadstool with ease and it's clean sailing from there.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »
Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4) vs Wugui and Garan (SHs)- The Four fiends weren't much on physicals. They're using MT stuff to rigger Rubi's magic counters as well and get some slight healing.
Randi, Popoi, and Purim (SoM) vs Emerald WEAPON (FF7)- Leaving this to the SoM players for now.

Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Loki and Genevieve (VP1)- I'm holding the Lufias team to just one game, which is L2. I also have absolutely no problem with giving focused magic full credit in a team match. That said, Daos/Erim laugh off Indisc due to resistances and their own magic will slaughter the VPers in turn. It'd be a blowout for the sinstrials! Except that Gene has a holy elemental physical. She applies this to Daos's face and Loki follows up with a Carnage anthem, and Daos is toast before getting a turn. Amon should be able to kill Genevieve before she gets a second turn- She's taking two thunder spells, two Gades attacks (sad, but still), and a Dark Fry from Erim. I don't think Loki can pull it out at this point, though two carnage anthems killing Amon would change that.

Souji Seta, Chie Satonaka, Yukiko Amagi, Yosuke Hanamura (P4) vs Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars)- Flamebird Souji, Fate Storm Yukiko. I don't think the team can do anything to stop that- Royce is obnoxiously durable, so a Hassou Tobi+two turns of punishment from Yosuke and Chie shouldn't kill her.

Kevin, Carlie, Duran, Lise, Hawk, and Angela (SD3) vs Odd Eye, Geshp, Cameela, Zalbard (SF2)- They should win the race offhand? SD3 team can't revive.
Fou-Lu (BoF4) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG)- No idea, depends if Fou-Lu can run them out of FP.
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga) vs Magus Three (FFX)- Thinking that they are durable enough to overwhelm the healing. TL going first and fucking with their speed may help (Assuming Aeons weren't immune) but it isn't enough offhand?
Melfice (G2) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3)[/b]- Kneejerk.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:22:08 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:40:46 PM »
Souji Seta, Chie Satonaka, Yukiko Amagi, Yosuke Hanamura (P4) vs Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars)

Fou-Lu (BoF4) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG) I don't think Toadstool can survive an Astral Critical and that's the difference. Otherwise she spams Group Hug until Mario and Mallow take Fou out with physicals.
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga) vs Magus Three (FFX)
Melfice (G2) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3) I think the damage adds up too fast for Melfice.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:55:20 AM by dude789 »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:51:21 PM »
Did you mean to vote for Fou-Lu, dude? You bolded Mario's team.
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 12:55:43 AM »
Yes, thanks for catching that. Should be good now.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 01:30:58 AM »
Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4) vs Wugui and Garan (SHs): Um, lulz? Valvalis could solo this probably. Wugui against bosses is not good, same with Garan. Milon is a fighter to boot, and... isn't that much worse of a slugger than Garan or Wugui, which says all you need to know about this fight.
Randi, Popoi, and Purim (SoM) vs Emerald WEAPON (FF7): Emerald Weapon is pretty disgusting. Aire Tam Storm is definitely 9999 in the DL to me, and I'm not sure this is even necessary.
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Loki and Genevieve (VP1): Near-OHKO holy physicals! And Loki's not bad either, Carnage Anthem works pretty well here. So yeah, what Super said + Amon dying to two CAs very easily = coast since neither Erim nor Gades can do much to Loki.

Kevin, Carlie, Duran, Lise, Hawk, and Angela (SD3) vs Odd Eye, Geshp, Cameela, Zalbard (SF2): Don't see anyone on team SD3 as above average speed, so the initial wave of attacks puts SD3 in a hole they can't recover from.
Fou-Lu (BoF4) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG): Geno Boost on Toadstool wards off any OHKO hype. Fou either dispels this, in which case he gets attacked (Jump is very MP-efficient damage) AND Geno Boost is recast, or he uses some sort of MT magic and gets badly Group Hug'd to death. This is... pretty much how Fou-Lu loses in-game, so this doesn't feel all that close to me.
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga) vs Magus Three (FFX): Yeah, aeons are immune to slow. But Final Crusade can still offset a lot of what they can do, until Sandy targets Red and even if she does, WR can revive. Also, two PCs with Deflect (three if Red uses sword moves) is a problem. Magus Three can still pull this out, but they clearly need some luck to do it (either killing the right people at the right times, or drawing a very lucky Ultima, or Cindy surviving until Delta Attack), unlike against the Lunar bosses. I suspect they may actually win this on average, but I need more than an "on average" to vote for AI summons as a rule, so... voting this way for now.
Melfice (G2) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3): Todd's pretty evade-subject unless Wild Bunch (kinda suspect) is used, which hurts. But Maya is dangerous as always. Melfice can probably kill Maya with some MT move + WSS, then do the same to SHADY who is hilariously the next most dangerous. If he can take out those two he can probably heal off what Todd (serious hit issues) and Alfred (10HKO) can manage. That said, even by this strategy and assuming a 3-2 on Alfred, he'll take a Calamity Jane, two Shady attacks, and two Alfred attacks... which is fatal even if Todd never hits (1.6~ PCHP). Fairly close though.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 01:46:24 AM »
Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4) vs Wugui and Garan (SHs) - FF4 DS Fiends.
Randi, Popoi, and Purim (SoM) vs Emerald WEAPON (FF7) - EDIT: Apparently I don't know enough about Emerald Weapon!
Souji Seta, Chie Satonaka, Yukiko Amagi, Yosuke Hanamura (P4) vs Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars) - Yosuke opens with Masukukaja, I... hmm. I think Souji can dodge Firebird which really throws a lot of wrenches into their plans.

Kevin, Carlie, Duran, Lise, Hawk, and Angela (SD3) vs Odd Eye, Geshp, Cameela, Zalbard (SF2) - Carlie uses Black Curse on Geshp, Hawk MT stat downs the other ones and they just out heal them from there.
Fou-Lu (BoF4) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG)
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga) vs Magus Three (FFX) - I think a full-on blitz against one of the sisters should work?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:07:05 AM by Nephrite »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 02:53:38 AM »
Elfboy: Geno boost from where?
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 02:58:55 AM »
Good question! For some reason I assumed the wrong SMRPG character. I don't know why I did; after all if they had Geno, I'd have agreed with their victory over Mewtwo! Hm. Strongly considering changing my vote now, give me a few moments.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 03:10:42 AM »
Wugui is massively walling most of the team's offense but his offense is no great shakes and Garan's big trick was POIZN + MP bust which are entirely worthless here.
Randi, Popoi, and Purim (SoM) vs Emerald WEAPON (FF7)
Well.  Popoi and Purim each have 7 summon spirits that grant some spells, which is close enough, so Aire Tam Slam is doing 7777 FF7 damage to me (to a 9999 HP average for superbosses).  SoM win by having Purim spam Cure Water or Lucid Barrier while Randi and Popoi beat down, with Popoi even hitting weakness.  They lose, however, if Emmy gets its MP-busting support up or Emmy ever double turns.  According to the Vice President, the eyes start with 0 CT when created but have super-high Dex, so it's difficult to nuke them before they get turns.  Even worse, aparently Emmy basically 4:3s average, which is not enough time for SoM to beat down unless Emmy is held against Mimed W-Summoned KOTOR or something.

Melfice (G2) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3)
WA3 team is not particularly good, but they can take a hit, and Melfice needs his opening MT to really do some damage here.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 04:03:25 AM »
Emmy also has MT counters against all damage, which at worst take out shields and at best help Emerald complete a 2HKO with his MT on his own turn. Moot to me since I take Aire Tam Storm at 9999 always anyway (I scale damage against what bosses face in-game, and FF7 bosses face 9+ materia indisputably. Twinking to have less is like twinking for elemental resistance [except less intuitive!] so I'm not considering that). ATS can still be controlled by killing all the eyes before Emerald gets another turn after summoning them, but to do this repeatedly (i.e. to combat the fact that Emmy is fast) SoM would need two PCs with MT damage who -aren't- healers (since guess what, Emerald Weapon does MT 2HKO as a free action on a turn he summons the eyes) and they don't have that. And even if they did they'd have to deal with the counters somehow. So yeah, there are plenty of reasons SoM loses this.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 05:42:19 AM »
Don't get me wrong, figuring out how Aire Tam Storm works in the DL is a headache involving wild ass guessing and gut (and one of many reasons why Emmy is totally unrankable).  But saying it's always 9999?  Even against magicless and skilless characters like Randi or Eliwood who just have equipment which, in-game, means you'll take a grand total of 0 damage from it?  The elemental resistance analogy is apt - this would be like saying Rubicant's Glare always does massive overkill damage even through fire resistance, uh, 'cuz.  Despite it being possible (and recommended!) to pile up on the fire resistance in-game, and both fire resistance / not having much materia equipped both working in-game to reduce the damage.  If you want to say that Purim and Popoi are both eating 9999 damage, fine, as converting endgame unavoidable SoM spells to materia slots is more art than science, but saying "always 9999" strikes me as weird.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 05:53:04 AM »
Well, put it this way. ATS does 9999 in-game barring a weird and unintuitive form of "elemental resistance", that is, dropping materia. I'm willing to drop arguments about unintuitive, mind. However, to my mind, since you have to "twink for resistance" for it in-game, you should have to do so in the DL. So Eliwood would take 9999 to me because he can't do this.

If, say, someone is capable of giving up materia-equivalent abilities (maybe like a S3 character not setting skills, or Suiko in general unequipping a rune...?), yeah, I'd consider ATS resistance. If they can't do that (e.g. Randi), then too bad, that's equivalent to not having access to ice resistance in a DL match against Articuno. I demand a proactive defence (and in the case of Aire Tam Storm that means "giving up skills") to avoid default damage.

Definitely feel it should do 9999 as a default to most of the DL and feel no sympathy for anyone who takes this damage from it. You already have most of Godlike surviving it with "above average HP" which is impossible in-game, so it's nerfed enough!

(Also, definitely want to stress to anyone else reading this that I don't think Emerald needs this judgement call to win this fight, but yeah.)

Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »
I'm wondering if Red's LP will hold out. Fuse+Asellus+TL should burn through even Magus HP fairly quickly, but if he's having to spam final crusade is it going to be a problem. TL can even turn skip one of the magus three which may not be a bad option. Thinking he sets Time Eclipse/OverDrive/Time Twister/Time Leap? OD would be good if he needs to knock out a sister in a hurry, otherwise he'd want glass shield for the whole 'make him not explode' thing.
-------------------

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »