Author Topic: Tourney 2011 Round 4  (Read 1972 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney 2011 Round 4
« on: August 30, 2011, 07:11:15 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Souji Seta (Persona 4) vs Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga)
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III)
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Shadow Teddie (Person 4)
Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon) vs Harken (Wild ARMs)
Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) vs Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV)

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)
Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Mathias (Suikoden V)
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV) vs Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Akaghi (Suikoden IV) vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia)
Piccolo (Suikoden III) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII)

Nega Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Seibzehn (Xenogears(
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney 2011 Round 4
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:10:03 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): One-rounds all the barriers at once.
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III): 'dat Ryu3.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV): Unsure.

Heavy

Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon) vs Harken (Wild ARMs): Gut says he can survive one mid-range Maximum Risk (after his opening spell) and thus get at least three turns. He might miss with his physical but so might Harken at any time.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV): I dunno, both can last a while. Sorta think that his MDef (after barrier) and speed gives him the edge, though... Pamela very possibly dies to Positron Bolt + Flare which is a win on a double, too.

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)
Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII): Caina just heal-locks with a move that adds status.
Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Mathias (Suikoden V): Halves all elements so no amount of trap hype avails anything here, and 50% sleep resistance makes that turn 3. Meanwhile has ID.
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Sara (Breath of Fire): EDIT: Vampire Flash costs MP, and Sara's MP to drain is finite. See below.

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV) vs Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): This is hilarious. Due to Raja's ice resistance and Mao's cat physical attacks being randomly ice-elemental, Raja can actually tank here! However, Mao has Red Nova, which is fire. Terrible fire, so it only 3HKOs Raja. BUT SHE HAS SURGE. Which makes it 2HKO! So victory on a double. Blocks silence, lols. MAO CREST MAGIC FTW.
Piccolo (Suikoden III) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): I suppose there's a slim possibility Frank OHKOs (some issues with how the stat topic handles defence) but it doesn't look like it, and Piccolo certainly 2HKOs first.
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII): 'dat barrier and lack of poison immunity.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:17:57 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:42:29 AM »
Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon) vs Harken (Wild ARMs) - there really isn't a whole lot I can say about this that I haven't been saying all this time.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) - Kneejerk.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 01:53:36 PM »
Godlike

Souji Seta (Persona 4) vs Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga)- Her big damage is nulled? Goodbye Jenna.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)- Fou-Lu's slow enought hat Isolde can really wrack up damage with cards- and unlike Ghaleon, he can't throw up a chaos shield to stop the assault.

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Shadow Teddie (Person 4)- General Shadow Teddie disrespect.
Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) vs Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- I don't think Chie can block spellbind.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV)- I don't think Wren 2HKOs, but he also should be able to run Pamela out of SP.
Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)- I think so? Kneejerk is that Estelle's getting constantly doubled.

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV) vs Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- ANIMALS STILL HAVE NO GOD
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:20:28 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 06:44:48 AM »
Godlike

Souji Seta (Persona 4) vs Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) - HP Buffering, and I'm pretty sure Souji's not getting through two Bhairavas in any capacity whatsoever.

Middle

Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Sara (Breath of Fire) - ...I'm pretty sure Albel slowly chips his way through Sara's health through the use of Vampiric Flash, all the while remaining unscathed.  ...what.

----------------

Nega Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Seibzehn (Xenogears) - BEST FIGHT EVER.  Nega-Vilente tries to stop Seibzehn's FIST OF JUSTICE with her barrier, but to no avail!  Heroic spirit and resolve triumph over evil and false beauty once again!!!
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 07:14:29 AM »
Godlike

Souji Seta (Persona 4) vs **Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga)** - Kneejerk?
**Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)** vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) - Fou's badass, but she can build up too much steam entirely too quickly here.

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Shadow Teddie (Person 4) - Uh...you know what, too lazy to look up what the hell Shadow Teddie does right now.
Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon) vs **Harken (Wild ARMs)** - Suppose I could math this out if I really felt like it, but I'll just go with generally higher respect for Harken.
Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) vs **Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)** - Spellbind, sure.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs **Wren (Phantasy Star IV)** - Eventually gets a double and nukes, or just runs her out of juice. Either way works.

Middle

Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs **Sara (Breath of Fire)** - EDIT: okay, so he does NOT have the resources for this.

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV) vs **Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)** - And Raja's rampage comes to an end.
**Piccolo (Suikoden III)** vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - I'll buy Frank missing the OHKO, sure
**Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)** vs Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) - Easy enough

Nega Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Seibzehn (Xenogears(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:46:14 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 07:23:37 AM »
Heavy

Middle

Caina heal-locking?  What?  Caina1 barely misses a 3HKO to average according to the stat topic, and has a 6HKO with the move that might add status.  And Misery doesn't seal standard attack, so uh Sleep is pretty much the only hope here.  Caina2 barely misses a 2HKO, but sure, let's say that with random variance + a 33% counter rate, that's a threat...  except Caina2 is really slow.  So it's Lightning who is healing and playing it safe and using doubles then if Caina2 goes pure offense.  If Caina2 goes for a status blitz, well, Lightning doesn't really have to waste time healing since this is a notably slower 3HKO going off (and that's including a counter - requires 3 Gates of Isolde + a counter to finish Lightning).  And the status is once more blockable + not really fatal.  Caina2's odds of winning go up with more WA2 boss HP hype, but not inclined for that at the moment.
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,27.msg1640.html#msg1640

Actually, I don't think Mathias can cover all his bases here, but will let an S5 expert chime in.  Flame Array Chain / Raft Turban gives +1 Fire / Lightning / Water=Ice (at cost of hosing PDef), and I assume +1 resistance is halving...  except that leaves Mathias open for status.  If Mathias grabs Black Warrior Garb for 50% status resistance, then he can get either Water or Fire resist off his hat, but nothing else.  And surprisingly enough, both Mathias's HP and MDef are below average, so he's definitely dying to a Trap activation.  So is Mathias stuck with ID hype?  (Which might still win it for him, mind.  I'm not sure, but I think somebody claimed Sky Drops might not hit ID immunity, for all that ID in RH is insanely rare anyway.  If so, Mathias has first shot at 50% ID, followed by 75% sleep, followed by Mathias winning if either the ID hit or the sleep missed - so 62% of the time.  Of course if Aht immunes ID then it's moot.)

Edit: Yellow Scarf hype isn't in the stat topic.  But yeah, that seals things for Mathias, he can outdamage / heal I think.

Light

I let FF8 characters block status, the junction is pretty much equipment / accessories in disguise, etc.  Antidotes were amazingly cheap and storebought IIRC and refine into Poisons.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 05:18:52 AM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:42:14 AM »
Yellow Scarf provides resistance to all (S5) status effects, so Mathias can use that and the aforementioned element-blocking equips. RH can't block instant death.

While I'm all for not generally hyping WA2 boss HP too much, the Diablo Pillar Cocytus fights are exceptions; they can take hits (generally fall in the 1.5-2PC range to me), which gives Caina the time s/he needs against Lightning's averagish damage. Even using the stat thread figures (I find the stat thread unfairly hard on the bosses due to it considering Lucky Card spam and assuming perfect knowledge of the skill system but YMMV), consider that:

-One can't two-round Belleclaire/Drawdo/etc. without hitting weakness, suggesting a boss who isn't far from PCHP
-Caina has nearly double their HP, suggesting at least 1.5x.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:46:54 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 09:59:48 AM »
Godlike

Souji Seta (Persona 4) vs Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) - HP Buffering, and I'm pretty sure Souji's not getting through two Bhairavas in any capacity whatsoever.

Bhairava is physical, so Souji flat out nulls it with the best form. Jenna is completely trying to win this match off of Vanity. Even with HP buffing, doubt forms 1 and 2 are cutting it. She needs form 3 to get to spam that and hope to land something evil I think.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 11:03:39 AM »
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Sara (Breath of Fire): Near-infinite healing (the O version runs off HP apparently).

* Clear Tranquil does a double take

Wait what. I don't remember this! I remember Vampiric Flash being MP intensive and relatively unspammable at the level Albel first picks it up and indeed in general at end game levels too thanks to the silly high MP costs, also that it was more of a post game thingy once Albel had picked up enough levels in bulk for max MP boosts/a solid max MP total and/or solid MP regen in addition to enough ATK to make the damage from the parasitic healing worth it in terms of what is drained back for enabling further uses/abuse of the move.

* Clear Tranquil checks

Yep!

(old SO3 file)

Albel L42- HP 9419 MP 1233

Vampiric Flash Lv1

X - DM  * 1.00 MP 500 FUR 20 CP 6
O - DM  * 1.50 MP 500 FUR 40 CP 6

* Clear Tranquil nods

Yeah ... it's why Vampiric Albel isn't actually generally that good in game. He's a serious dreg on resources  (unless you are Rob and Orichalcum the hell out of everyone and everything so resources/playing conservatively cease to be issues!)~

( ...... I've never really understood Vampiric Flash hype in the DL before but if people have been operating under the assumption that it was near infinite healing/it's usage costs were shared amongst HP/MP instead of being fully MP intensive in terms of costs that might explain it :P)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:33:12 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 04:41:51 PM »
Re: Jenna - Really? I thought Bhairava was almighty? That...changes things then, yeah.

Re: Albel - Huh. Shows how much I used him I suppose. Thought the O version ran off HP, yeah.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 05:08:19 PM »
It's an almighty physical. Does Souji's immunity catch those in P4?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 05:10:45 PM »
Bhairava is definitely, 100% Almighty. It does hit defence but physical immunity/resistance does nothing whatsoever to it.

CT: Okay, that's a pretty big stat topic misprint! Need to look up how much MP Sara has and rethink the match, then... IIRC her MP is pretty low so that's probably a vote change coming up! Yay!

EDIT: Sara has 180 MP, and can deplete it herself by casting 24 MP Gales. 7 of them to be precise. After that, Albel will run out of Vampire Flashes after ~4 uses. He needs to drain some of Sara's resources though, so call it 6 Gales + 4 attacks after that. Then he gets one last HP-based attack and dies. We'll give him a doubleturn in there, so overall he gets 12 attacks in. Albel damage sucks, especially Vampire Flash. Yeah, not killing. Vote changed!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:17:02 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 03:28:08 AM »
Aht can block Instant Death with 3 Sky Drops, can't she?

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 05:08:07 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 02:51:22 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 07:36:34 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiii vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Souji Seta (Persona 4)- i vs Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga)- iii
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire III)- iiii
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- iii vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)- ii

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III)- ii vs Shadow Teddie (Person 4)
Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon)- v vs Harken (Wild ARMs)- ii
Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) vs Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- iii
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV)- v

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- i vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)- i
[14:35] <CmdrKing> Hatbot: EEK A MAN or PRETTY PRETTY PRINCESS?
[14:35] <Hatbot> I'd choose EEK A MAN, CmdrKing.
Caina (Wild ARMs 2)- i vs Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)- iii
Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Mathias (Suikoden V)- iii
Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- iiii vs Sara (Breath of Fire)- iii

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV) vs Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- v
Akaghi (Suikoden IV)- ii vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia)
Piccolo (Suikoden III)- v vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- i
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)- iiii vs Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII)- ii

Nega Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Seibzehn (Xenogears)- i
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.