Author Topic: Hair Tourney: Finals  (Read 688 times)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Hair Tourney: Finals
« on: July 06, 2014, 04:14:35 AM »
Results:
Team Black vs. Team Bald

Team Black vs. Team Pink
Team Black vs. Team Green (3-1)
Team Black vs. Team Teal
Team Black vs. Team Red
Team Black vs. Team Purple

Team Bald vs. Team Orange
Team Bald vs. Team Silver (1-1 tie)
Team Bald vs. Team Brown (2-1)
Team Bald vs. Team Blue
Team Bald vs. Team Blond

Black: 5-1
Bald: 1-4-1

World cup-ish group rules, so I'm leaving it a tie, darn it.  No Hatbot Penalty Kick shootout here.

"I'm not sure if you've noticed, Miss Flonne, but your legal team is at the absolute bottom of the standings.  You haven't won a single match."  Sephiroth paused to adjust the top hat covering his well-coiffed hairdo and take a sip of tea before continuing.  "How does it feel to know that you've failed, that all your work was for naught, and that any who remember this sorry incident will feel only a slight tinge of pity for your quixotic crusade?"  A few attendees pretended to cough into their expensive hankerchiefs to cover their snorts of derision.  Altima, her bloody skeleton tastefully covered by her latest fancy dress, joined in as well.  "What's next for you, anyway?  Going to find some 'Team Mustache' to challenge next?  I bet that would impress the judge!  Ho ho ho."

Flonne had had enough, and excused herself to the study in the next cloud over.  She wondered to herself why she even bothered attending any more.  The DL's Angel's club might be superficially polite, and the view was great, but there were just way too many jerks in it, and that wasn't even counting Vulcanus, whom she still needed to get even with one of these days.  Weren't most angels supposed to be like Lamington?  Alas.

The others were right in a way, though.  If something big didn't happen, and happen fast, Love Attorney Flonne would go down as the laughingstock of the legal world.  It had made so much sense at the time to win a case via attacking others of different hair colors - what had gone wrong?  She could seek out the advice of someone more knowledgeable on the subject, perhaps that Wright fellow...

...or she could keep doing the same thing she'd been doing before, and hope that this time it'd work.  Yes.  Those simpering seraphs would rue the day they mocked Flonne.

Team Orange - Wakka (FFX), Rhys (FEs), Citrine (XS3), Alena (DQ4)
Team Pink - Lightning (FF13), Rika (PS4), Nel (SO3), Seraphitia (XG)
Team Green - Clive (WA3), Gale (DDS), Demi (PS4), Nephenee (FEs)
Team Silver - Setzer (FF6), Hope (FF13), Akihiko (P3), Pamela (MK), Micaiah (FE10)
Team Blond - Flonne (Dis1), Ziggy (XS), Borus (S3), Kornell (G3), Marle (CT)

Results from the group stage (Black & Bald each have an extra match):

Orange, Pink (5-0) > Black (5-1) > Green (3-2) > Brown (3-2, lost to Green) > Silver (2-2-1) > Teal, Red, Blue (2-3) > Bald (1-4-1) > Purple (1-4) > Blond (0-5)

Note that Team Black (5-1) basically has 3rd place locked up (although they might tie with Orange).  I'd intended to have a 3rd-place match, World Cup style, but Green's already played Black & Brown and can't catch up to Black, so it's more a 4th place match.  Oh well.

Finals:
Team Orange (5-0) vs. Team Pink (5-0)

4th place match:
Team Green (3-2) vs. Team Silver(2-2-1)

Bonus match:
Team Blonde vs. Vulcanus (Disgaea), Fargo (CC), Alakazam (Pokemon), Moulder (FE8)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Hair Tourney: Finals
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »
Give Flonne her DD2 form and watch team Blonde go from last to like 3rd~

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »
Initial thoughts, open to arguments

Finals:
Team Orange (5-0) vs. Team Pink (5-0)
Saner alone gives Wakka and Alena fits with accuracy.  Citrine has spoiling potential with Silence tricks combined with Evade and Counter.  Kneejerk that Rika's Psy Shield lets her dodge it the first time.  The rest of team pink guns down Rhys.  Rika connects Eliminate on Wakka on her second turn, match to Pink.

4th place match:
Team Green (3-2) vs. Team Silver(2-2-1)
Messy with so many average speed people going at much the same time.  Demi can get up a Barrier which is her best bet since I'm not inclined to respect Stasis Beam.  Setzer?  Chocobop perhaps or Fixed Dice on Gale.  Whether Gale or Akihiko go first will tilt the match.  Gale going first means rape with MT death on half the team.  Akihiko smacks Gale and Demi's Lightning weakness though.  Leaning Silver due to issues damaging Pamela though awaiting other viewpoints.
Addendum: Going with Akihiko winning the tiebreak.  Gale's getting zapped because being smacked by weakness element twice smarts even through Barrier.  Between Hope, Macaiah, and Pamela, I see them finishing off Demi.  Clive and Neph drop Hope.  So it turns into a 4 on 2 damage race.  Clive and Neph are hurt but still in good shape thanks to Barrier.  Any arguments of Lock On hitting Pamela still needs two more turns which he's not getting with that sluggish speed.  Thinking Green gets one more kill before falling.

Bonus match:
Team Blonde vs. Vulcanus (Disgaea), Fargo (CC), Alakazam (Pokemon), Moulder (FE8)
Well at least, Marle resists Vulcanus' nearly OHKO fire damage.  Still leaning the blonds losing.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:04:13 PM by DragonKnight Zero »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »
Team Orange (5-0) vs. Team Pink (5-0) - Rika Eliminats Wakka... and they may well be able to win from there nearly no matter what the outcome after Citrine's Mystique, I think? Nel immunes Silence, both Rika and Light resist it and as long as even one of them aren't silenced, the opposition can do absolutely nothing to make any leeway. Alena only 3-2s Lightning here and the amount of healers makes it very hard for them to go anywhere without Wakka's status game. Saner might also work, but it's chancier due to Wakka being so horrendously accurate.

4th place match:
Team Green (3-2) vs. Team Silver(2-2-1) - Akihiko hitting a weakness with Ziodyne on Gale (he wins the tiebreak to me, Gale's below average luck affects DDS odds of getting initiative on randoms and I already tend to see P3 PCs favorably on those because of initiative control in that game) and then following with Maziodyne after Setzer's Fixed Dice likely means they win the fight from there, and Hope can -also- hit that weakness if Demi attempts Stasis Beam. Ouch. Once Gale's down, team Green can't even touch Pamela, so that's a really uphill fight.

Bonus match:
Team Blonde vs. Vulcanus (Disgaea), Fargo (CC), Alakazam (Pokemon), Moulder (FE8) - uh nope
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 06:02:30 AM »
oh hey I never closed this, Excal reminded me to stop being lazy by resuming ToR post-Con.

Personally, I'll buy the hype for Pink & Silver.  So looks like Pink hair is indeed the strongest around thanks to a certain Numan, followed by Orange, Black, & Silver.

As for Team Blonde vs. Team Mustache...  nobody voted!  I'll wait a day to see if anyone has any last-minute comments for by-far the most consequential match of the tourney.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 06:47:31 AM »
This is mechanical, but since it came thoughts, would anyone have any thoughts on Wakka's Evade and Counters versus Eliminate? Eliminate is single target, requires a weapon to use and checks...well, either speed or evade, depending on how you want to view it. I'm saying I would necessarily see it that way, but I thought it was at least an interesting question to ask.
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »
I'd have it check the stat itself and ignore artificial evasion measures. Since FFX evade isn't all -that- comprehensive (a fair deal of attacks outright ignore evade in FFX) and, as negligible as PS4 evade is, the game's techs still do largely bypass its evasion mechanics, I think the case for it ramming -specifically- into Evade and Counter feels pretty weak. Heck, E&C might possibly fail to dodge stuff that FFX evade itself nails.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....