Register

Author Topic: RPGDL 2019 Season 1, Week 3  (Read 1543 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2019 Season 1, Week 3
« on: February 18, 2019, 12:18:58 AM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)
Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default)
Flame Fang (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue) vs Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Emelious (Grandia III) vs Piastol (Skies of Arcadia)

Heavy

Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) vs Lulu (Final Fantasy X)
Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF)
Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) vs Max (Shining Force)
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tohru Adachi (Persona 4)

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Stocke (Radiant Historia)
White Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)
Venusaur (Pokémon) vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Pepperoni (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Light

Jeff (Earthbound) vs Hix (Suikoden Series)
Rinoa Heartlilly (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Sialeeds Falenas (Suikoden V)
Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium)
Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Logg (Suikoden V)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2019 Season 1, Week 3
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 01:54:08 AM »
Godlike

Flame Fang (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue) vs Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Later perhaps
Emelious (Grandia III) vs Piastol (Skies of Arcadia)- Very similar duellers. Piastol has...1.5 PC HP (plus a little more for support credit), but the question is which defense number do I take for her (either the 33% cut or the halving...I guess based on how bosses are normally considered the 49% is more accurate). I think that should be enough to tip it to her.

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tohru Adachi (Persona 4)- Arnaud 5/6HKOs average to me, I don't think that quite cuts it. Fear I think will deprive Arnaud of the needed turns

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Stocke (Radiant Historia)- Gut reaction of timed card madness (also helps that I think I'm more forgiving on MK SP woes now)
White Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)- White Mage barely lasts two turns with Safe on turn 1, but she does.
Venusaur (Pokémon) vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- Lexis wins if he gets two turns, which..he probably does if Sleep lasts 1-4. Gut checking in this direction now
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Pepperoni (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- OHKO

Light

Jeff (Earthbound) vs Hix (Suikoden Series)- Hix isn't durable enough to push Jeff to a 3HKO
Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV): Cinnamon doesn't kill in a hit normally and I see Raja with more defense than most
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 02:04:46 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 02:04:21 AM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)- Dispel gives Elc too many problems.
Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default)- Think so. Minus Strike smashes through Kaiser and I don't think Ryu can avoid the entire limit range. rs)
Emelious (Grandia III) vs Piastol (Skies of Arcadia)- Kneejerk.

Heavy

Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) vs Lulu (Final Fantasy X)- Vyse spoils fighters; he does nto like Heavy mages.
Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF)- Lang's good but he's not that good.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tohru Adachi (Persona 4)- Don't allow Black Market status blockers. I don't think Arnaud can blast through in time.

Middle

White Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)- Safe should be enough offhand. I don't think Lilly can 2HKO through that, and she really needs to in order to win.
Venusaur (Pokémon) vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)-I think? Venusaur can't let Lexis get a second turn and I don't think he can prevent that on average.
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Pepperoni (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Think so. Micaiah is not good against fighters, Pepperoni should scrape a OHKO.

Light

Rinoa Heartlilly (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Sialeeds Falenas (Suikoden V)- This is gross. I don't think Rinoa 2HKOs  (Sialeeds has a little shot resistance) but she may go first. I don't think I let Sialeeds get endgame levels which means no second L2; this eliminates her ability to win ID. She might be able to pull it out with sleep and stringing out her healing though; which is enough considering she has a coinflip chance of just winning the fight turn one.

Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium)- Agh. I don't think she'll OHKO Raja.
Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Logg (Suikoden V)- This is at least easy. Ilyana is trash.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 02:29:09 AM »
Quick responses, votes later:

Sleep lasts 2-5 turns in FRLG, and more in RBY. Venusaur needs only two turns to put Lexis away unless his mdur is better than I think (Razor Leaf x2 in RBY or Growth -> Frenzy Plant in FRLG) and thus Lexis has no chance to wake up and get a turn first.

Looks like Sialeeds does get a second L4 before she leaves. FWIW I think she'd have trouble if she only had one, because S5 Wind of Sleep is garbage (20%! Cancelled by damage!).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 05:03:19 AM »
Yeesh my votership this season is terrible.

Minus Strike is a good answer to Ryu, sure.
Boo hiss.

Heavy

Middle

Kneejerk of not being an RBY voter.
EDIT: Switched to abstain due to Random's comments, sounds like this would require some intense later-gen math to figure out for realz.

Light

Sialeeds has .725 PCHP according to the stat topic, meaning she gets 2HKOed by anything, and has mildly below average speed (maybe?  skill loadout woes).  That seems like
I don't think Logg 2HKOs here, and he's slower than average?  Which is death, he's certainly 3HKOed, and can't just heal forever.  If I read the S5 stat topic correctly, Logg can't resist Wind, Thunder, and Fire all at once, although he can resist Thunder then one of Wind or Fire through his helm (presumably Fire).  Even forcing Ilyana back to cruddy Wind magic, she should still surely 3HKO his crappy MDef.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 04:15:09 AM by SnowFire »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 06:39:13 AM »
Middle

White Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - Protect, Curaga, and either spam Mini until it works, or alternate Holy and Curaga...  And collect win.

Light

Jeff (Earthbound) vs Hix (Suikoden Series) - 2HKOs, isn't 2HKOed back.
Rinoa Heartlilly (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Sialeeds Falenas (Suikoden V) - Interpretations can be pretty dependant, but as far as I figure, it's split between with and without skills.  Rinoa goes first if you disallow extra skills, while Sialeeds goes first with Agility.  The reason for my vote is thus: Sialeeds wins 50% of the time if you disallow skills, and 75% of the time if you allow them.  While I don't like odds that low, this seems like a good split decision for this match. Sialeeds is still slower if she tries to twink for speed assuming a speed-twinked average - she's 198 to 200, and assuming Agility to default would make her 213 to 214.5ish.  Almost but no cigar.  Rinoa 2HKOs no matter what - she comes very close to 2HKOing (it's somewhere close to 98% or something like that?) average.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:34:19 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 11:29:26 AM »
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II) - I've seen you before.
Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default) - EDIT: burping elfboy always works

Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) - Lang... really doesn't have much decisive to play with unless he's in limit range. I think he gets a turn, sure, but that doesn't change much, he needs at least two.
Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) vs Max (Shining Force) - welcome to die
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tohru Adachi (Persona 4) - Even if you see Arnaud 5HKOing average, Fear takes like four turns to kick in and Arnaud has constant triples once Slow Down happens.

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Stocke (Radiant Historia) - edit: burping random always works
White Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - sure
Venusaur (Pokémon) vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - zzz

Jeff (Earthbound) vs Hix (Suikoden Series) - Hix only 3HKOs Jeff, though it's by a -hair-. I even think there's a case for him to dodge the second multi-bottle rocket or that random variance goes against Jeff, but not really up to looking into a stat topic right now. Whoever wins gets to eat it to Rinoa anyway, so have a fun.
Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Sialeeds Falenas (Suikoden V) - Rinoa has an easy 2HKO and, looking at things, she actually OHKOs on a crit. So yeah, Sialeeds loses the average of assumptions to me.
Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) - I... think Cinnamon should 2HKO through Blessing, tbh, and I'm frankly not really sure she loses even if she doesn't? Not sure I see Raja's silence hitting her AT and he has about as much pressure power as a silk napkin.
Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Logg (Suikoden V) - EDIT: burping elfboy always works
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:30:58 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 03:32:21 PM »
Godlike
Sucks

Heavy
Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) vs Lulu (Final Fantasy X) - The no-brainer of the week. Lulu's slower but the moment she takes a turn, Vyse explodes. And he has no way to stop her from getting one.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tohru Adachi (Persona 4) - I think part of this is going to come down to how durable you see Adachi. To me, he's 4HKO'd here and after Arnaud lands Slow Down turn 1, he's going to be constant doubling, occasionally tripling Adachi. Even if you see Fear hitting turn 1 (I don't), Arnaud gets way too many turns here. If you see Adachi as being pretty durable +  Fear landing turn 1, then I guess Adachi takes it, but that feels like a lot of calls for him.

Middle
Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Stocke (Radiant Historia) - Yeah, this is a mess. But Stocke's argument relies on you letting him turn shuffle. Not sure how I feel about that.
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Pepperoni (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Probably OHKOs? Might have some Light defense equipment too.

Light
Rinoa Heartlilly (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Sialeeds Falenas (Suikoden V) -Kneejerk is "Funeral Wind" but then apparently she just gets it as she leaves. Which means that a) You actually have to see her getting that charge. Fighting less encounters or something means she might not get it. b) See it hitting round 2, cause Rinoa most definitely 3HKOs (if you don't see her 2HKOing). Winds of Sleep as noted by NEB is garbage, so its either ID or bust.
Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Logg (Suikoden V) - Kneejerk is that counters swing this. Logg can heal but I don't see this working out for him. Ilyana hits the right defense and looks like Logg is 3HKO'd regardless of which combination of armors he sets so I think he just runs out of charges trying to keep himself afloat.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 06:09:24 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 03:58:08 PM »
Godlike

Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default) - Kneejerk.
Flame Fang (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue) vs Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Looks like he's faster using his best damage and hits the right defense with it.

Heavy

Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) - don't think Lang had any evade worth noting so bye.
Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) vs Max (Shining Force) - I assume.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tohru Adachi (Persona 4) - Yeah even with the stat hit from blocking ID there's no way Fear lands fast enough here, Adachi status accuracy is kind of overblown and you'd need to ban the ID blocking for him to have enough of a chance.

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Stocke (Radiant Historia) - Yeah thinking she can actually punish the stall until Dead Fencer strategy well enough now that I have the energy to think about this, Stocke's healing -is- pretty shit and it's not like he can resort to Push Assault shenanigans since Jess is all magic damage, and hitting Stocke's lower durability is a good start towards ending that particular bit of nonsense.  This said, I don't think allowing turn swapping actually lets Stocke steal a win, if Sky Present's two good hits get the boosted damage Stocke takes from switching he's got uh... basically no window between his first and second turn before the dud hit finishes him off (at least under the average I use for MK, which in fairness involves taking Trick Edge at full power.  If you don't Stocke uh kind of dies before getting a turn if this permutation happens), it completely resolves after 1.1 turns and there's no way in hell I buy switching giving Stocke two near-instant turns.  Admittedly I didn't bother checking other permutations, but regardless given Jess's toolkit and the possibility of critting, I really doubt Stocke's chances of not dying are high enough to make switching actually relevent here.
White Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - Sure.
Venusaur (Pokémon) vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Little confused by the Lexis votes, yeah.  I don't think he has a way to win this unless you 1) see Lexis as faster (likely is), 2) see him as being able to use Stun Shocker (or other turn denial IP) on turn 1 (needs 38% IP, the main reason why I'm confused as that's the only way he ensures he gets two turns and I don't think any of the Lexis voters see him starting with that much) and even if you do, you also need to 3) not let pokemon hold berries for whatever reason (and don't vote based off of gen1 because as noted on previous occasions gen1 sleep is brutal and gives Lexis even less of a chance, and there are berries for anything Lexis can hit with.  I guess being berriless is more justifiable in Gen6 due to mega evos, but if you go by that, Thick Fat says hi and Lexis just lost his 2HKO).  And yeah Lexis mdur isn't good so I don't think Venusaur fails to 2HKO, and while post Gen1 sleep isn't a perfect lock it still lasts long enough on average that there's not enough chance Lexis gets those two turns.
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Pepperoni (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Issues.

Light

Jeff (Earthbound) vs Hix (Suikoden Series) - Hix really didn't want to miss the 2HKO here.
Rinoa Heartlilly (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Sialeeds Falenas (Suikoden V) - Yeah I don't recall Sialeeds being on the right side of the speed average which saves me the trouble of figuring out how much I respect S5 Funeral Wind today.
Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Logg (Suikoden V) - Yeah the counters take this for me.  Logg would need to double Ilyana for me to see him with a shot but I don't think he does.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:18:01 PM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)- no vote.
Flame Fang (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue) vs Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Heavy

Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) vs Max (Shining Force)- No vote.

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Stocke (Radiant Historia)
Venusaur (Pokémon) vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- Proooobably?
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Pepperoni (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Light

Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium)

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 06:51:21 AM »
Godlike

Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default): Don't think Ryu is fast enough to lap instantly when he transforms, so each Minus Strike shreds all his dragon forms once that comes out. His best bet is to pile Mights at the start of the fight, since Alternis can't do much to him then, and he can even Revert -> go Kaiser safely. ... except he doesn't really have AP for that. So never mind, all Weyr all the way. Max Might Weyr physicals are about 1.5PCHP. I don't think that avoids the Minus Strike range, but maybe if he can sync it up with a double...? ... yeah, honestly, I think he can. Three of those physicals kill, and he has just enough AP to make it happen.
Flame Fang (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue) vs Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Probably? It's a slaughter if I use the higher HP average for Flame Fang since then he only 5HKOs Yarid. Otherwise he 4HKOs, so he needs to 4-3 (Yaridovich 3HKOs if he's seen as getting one full-damage shot out of three, which is generally where I default to seeing SMRPG boss damage). I... don't think I respect his speed enough for that.

Heavy

Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF): Seems straightforward.
Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) vs Max (Shining Force): Yikes, Max just misses the 2HKO even when insane. Which means he gets to eat two full-power Dark Strikes.

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Stocke (Radiant Historia): Trusting Random for this one, I don't have the energy for it myself.
White Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III): Don't think Lilly 2HKOs through Protect. Doesn't help that Sword of Magic backloads her damage a bit, not what you want here.
Venusaur (Pokémon) vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals): There's a lot of "I'm not a RBY voter" here but it makes absolutely no difference that I can see. Sleep is always minimum two turns until gen... 6? Like maybe after that things get interesting but nobody votes on gen 6 pokemon here that I'm aware.
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Pepperoni (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Pepperoni does 65%, Micaiah has 0.62 pdur. But wait, some of Pepperoni's damage is via crits, and Micaiah has dat luck. Which... if it's +14, using some quick math, reduces Pepperoni to 61.9%?!? So coinflip, though that's with the old FE10 stat topic... new one averages a bit higher probably, which hurts Micaiah here. Good enough for me.

Light

Rinoa Heartlilly (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Sialeeds Falenas (Suikoden V): 2HKOs first.
Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium): 2HKOs through Blessing. Remarkably straightforward, actually, it isn't even that close... Raja bad.
Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Logg (Suikoden V): He can resist two of Ilyana's elements, which should reduce her to a 4HKO, which lets him 2HKO first even assuming he doesn't double.

Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 07:07:21 AM »
I don't think Logg 2HKOs here, and he's slower than average?  Which is death, he's certainly 3HKOed, and can't just heal forever.  If I read the S5 stat topic correctly, Logg can't resist Wind, Thunder, and Fire all at once, although he can resist Thunder then one of Wind or Fire through his helm (presumably Fire).  Even forcing Ilyana back to cruddy Wind magic, she should still surely 3HKO his crappy MDef.

Logg's MDef is the same as Freyjadour/Lyon/Miakis/Kyle/over half the cast, which is to say certainly below average (because a few mages skew it way up), but should definitely be offset by his bulky HP (1.2x average). Elwind's damage isn't that close to a 3HKO against average (16/55 in the stat topic I'm looking at), the effect of Logg's MDef would have to pull that up by about 37%. Logg also 2HKOs very easily... ~513 damage to a ~1430 kill point, against Ilyana's 0.52 pdur.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 09:06:29 PM »
Elf: Yeah, FE9 Ilyana surely loses.  I was using Random's FE10 equal XP topic, which lists Ilyana as 0.77 PDur, and 17 damage with Arcwind...  I hold FE10 Beorc against Halfshifted Laguz for average purposes so for me she'd be a little worse than that, but not MUCH worse, so I think Logg still fails to 2HKO.  OTOH, if I'm overrating S5 MDef, it is possible that Ilyana fails to 3HKO with Arcwind, which would be pretty sad...  I think she barely 3HKOs average with the halfshifted damage killpoint, so she does need some bad MDef respect to edge her up to doing 1.2 PCHP.  I remember Georg getting wrecked by magic but he's a special case, in fairness!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 12:48:17 AM »
That makes more sense. FE10 gives me a headache due to the laguz, which makes me default to FE9 for everyone; I forgot that Ilyana got a bit more of a Def focus in RD.

Regarding MDef, my first thought is "well Georg is over 3x further from average, so yeah, he's a special case; look Logg is the same as over half the cast!"... but...

Quote from: S5 stat topic
Magic Defence
Seems to be roughly subtractive, though affinities play a role too. Zerase and Eresh are more or less magic immune under my scaling.

~415 (2): Eresh,Zerase

~355 (6): Alhazred,Cornelio,Jeane,Josephine,Levi,Viki

~295 (12): Bernadette,Genoh,Isato,Kisara,Lorelai,
Lu,Lun,Meroon,Miroon,Nelis,Norma,Sharmista
[All DoReMi elves]

~235 (5): Dinn,Flail,Galleon,Killey,Muroon

~175 (42): Prince,Ax,Belcoot,Bergen,Byakuren,
Cius,Ernst,Faylen,Faylon,Gavaya,
Goesch,Gunde,Hazuki,Isabel,Kyle,
Lance,Lelei,Logg,Lyon,Maroon,
Mathias,Miakis,Moroon,Nakula,Nick,
Nifsara,Nikea,Rahal,Raven,Richard,
Roog,Roy,Sagiri,Shigure,Shoon,
Sorensen,Subala,Urda,Wabon,Yahr,
Zegai,Zweig

~115 (1): Cathari

~65 (1): Georg

Average: 220 (225 with elves)
Median: 175

I guess if it is straight subtractive (and that roughly squares with what I've been seeing this playthrough), it actually does mean the big kludge of average duellers takes ~25% more from a shot of average magic damage. Kind of an unintuitive result (although the plot-important types have B in everything which does help some, though they also all have below average HP...). Logg should be pretty close to average but by those numbers he may well come out just below, which could make a difference.

RD Ilyana might actually be Middle by more generous views on that thread, since she's not particularly slow or frail.

Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 06:51:32 PM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II): I suppose so! Dolphin hype isn't much for a lacklustre offense foe.
Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default): Might stacking Weyr beatdowns?
Emelious (Grandia III) vs Piastol (Skies of Arcadia):

Heavy

Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) vs Max (Shining Force): Healing.

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 10:04:55 PM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III)- iiiii vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)
Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)- iii vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default)- iiiii
Flame Fang (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- ii vs Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- ii 5:04 PM] CmdrKing: !roll 1d2
[5:04 PM] BOTRPBot: @CmdrKing rolled 1.
Emelious (Grandia III) vs Piastol (Skies of Arcadia)- iiii

Heavy

Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) vs Lulu (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiii
Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF)- iiiiiii
Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World)- iiii vs Max (Shining Force)
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- iiii vs Tohru Adachi (Persona 4)- iii

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)- iiiiiii vs Stocke (Radiant Historia)
White Mage (Final Fantasy V)- iiiiiiii vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)
Venusaur (Pokémon)- iiiii vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- ii
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Pepperoni (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiiii

Light

Jeff (Earthbound)- iiiiii vs Hix (Suikoden Series)
Rinoa Heartlilly (Final Fantasy VIII)- iiiiiiii vs Sialeeds Falenas (Suikoden V)- ii
Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- iiii vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium)- ii
Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series)- iiii vs Logg (Suikoden V)- iiiii