Author Topic: AGMT: R1, Pool 15  (Read 2869 times)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: AGMT: R1, Pool 15
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 01:00:27 PM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December when there is no angel) vs Ubik, zyko - Asterix Niggaz 4 Life OC ReMix (Asterix) - More unusual and less boring.

Zircon - Calamitous Judgment (The Trial) (Chrono Trigger) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) - Genre bias.

UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Audix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway (Super Mario 64) - One of my all time favorites and all that.  Competition's decent, could use better synth though.

TAMUSIC - Violin for Candid Friend (Mountain of Faith) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX) - Nice gimmick match.  Dislike the original FFX battle music, though, so yeah.

Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - The Dark Battle (Dark Chronicle) vs Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger) - Can't say I like either.  At least the CT doesn't sound like every other song by its artist ever.

The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend) vs Märta - Rawest Forest (Super Mario RPG) - Wingless >>> Niggaz 4 Life wannabe.

Nick Tam - Fair Lass of Ozette (Tales of Symphonia) vs The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3) - Ehhh. 

Hyadain - Hajimete no Tomodachi (Dr. Mario) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2) - Decent match to end things out on.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 01:45:36 AM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December when there is no angel) vs Ubik, zyko - Asterix Niggaz 4 Life OC ReMix (Asterix) - Oh dear God. No. N***z 4 Life is the first song in this competition that has made me turn it off in disgust after 30 seconds. Even as a joke track, it sucks.
Zircon - Calamitous Judgment (The Trial) (Chrono Trigger) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) - Close match. Both are quite good (which is more than welcome after the first "match"). I think I'll give it to the remix that made a crappy track listenable as opposed to the remix that makes a decent track better.
UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Audix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway (Super Mario 64) - I'm not sure how to judge Cherry Petal since it seems to be several tracks smooshed together. I think I'll just judge it on the section that I like best (about 6:30 - 11:55). It's very good, but I think I like Devastation's Doorway just a smidgen better. Excellent match either way. (I never thought I'd say that about a PCB track.)
TAMUSIC - Violin for Candid Friend (Mountain of Faith) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX) - Oddly catchy. Why do I find this track so catchy? I don't even like it very much. It's just...catchy as hell. God damn.

Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - The Dark Battle (Dark Chronicle) vs Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger) - Yeargh, Dark Battle is just noise. Secret of Forest is always pleasant to listen to.
The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend) vs Märta - Rawest Forest (Super Mario RPG) - Kind of boring, but better than...whatever Rawest Forest was supposed to be.
Nick Tam - Fair Lass of Ozette (Tales of Symphonia) vs The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3) - I like both of these tracks. Do I feel like slow and pleasant or fast and rockin' today? Eh, let's go with fast and rockin'.
Hyadain - Hajimete no Tomodachi (Dr. Mario) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2) - Hyadain can be hit-or-miss sometimes. This...this is a miss, yeah.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 03:27:21 AM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December when there is no angel) vs Ubik, zyko - Asterix Niggaz 4 Life OC ReMix (Asterix)
Hoshi is overly long with no real redeeming features.  It's just bad background music, while the other is at least moderatly interesting.

Zircon - Calamitous Judgment (The Trial) (Chrono Trigger) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle)
I really like what Calamitous Judgement did with it's base piece without radically changing it.  And, I think it is also a better piece of music, despite Crazy Pianist ending strong.  Either way, good match.

UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Audix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway (Super Mario 64)
Not a big fan of the SM64 piece, and the Touhou one is actually good when it isn't forgettable.

TAMUSIC - Violin for Candid Friend (Mountain of Faith) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX)
Nice match, I like both of these, but I think I like the synth work more than the violin piece.

Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - The Dark Battle (Dark Chronicle) vs Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger)
Generally a better piece.

The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend) vs Märta - Rawest Forest (Super Mario RPG)

Nick Tam - Fair Lass of Ozette (Tales of Symphonia) vs The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3)
Fair Lass isn't bad, but it's no Rocking Grounds.

Hyadain - Hajimete no Tomodachi (Dr. Mario) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2)
Huh, didn't know that was nommed.  Regardless, it's my favourite Hyadain piece.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December when there is no angel) vs Ubik, zyko - Asterix Niggaz 4 Life OC ReMix (Asterix): Hip-hop is an autlose for me.
Zircon - Calamitous Judgment (The Trial) (Chrono Trigger) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle): Really fun. And not just for aping the Knight Rider theme song late in the track.
UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Audix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway (Super Mario 64): Better than most Marioa music I hear, but it's against a colossus here.
TAMUSIC - Violin for Candid Friend (Mountain of Faith) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX): ...I was all set to just go "Too much kappa music" here, then I heard what sounded eerily like NES music. But you know, it's actually a pretty solid rendition of the song that also mimics an earlier era perfectly. So yeah, win for FFX.
Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - The Dark Battle (Dark Chronicle) vs Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger): Sakuraba jam session > elevator music.
The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend) vs Märta - Rawest Forest (Super Mario RPG): Is not fucking awful.
Nick Tam - Fair Lass of Ozette (Tales of Symphonia) vs The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3): Though neither is all that special.
Hyadain - Hajimete no Tomodachi (Dr. Mario) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2): Eh. It's cute, and the other song is pretty unremarkable.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 01:38:03 PM by El Cideon »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 01:13:59 AM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December when there is no angel) vs Ubik, zyko - Asterix Niggaz 4 Life OC ReMix (Asterix)
Not bad rap.
Zircon - Calamitous Judgment (The Trial) (Chrono Trigger) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle)
Think I like the original Crazy Pianist better, but this is still good.  The Trial is a valiant effort, but doesn't quite make it.
UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Audix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway (Super Mario 64)
They're both good.  Going to go with SM4 because Snow or Cherry Petal has the worthless first half of the track, and even in the good half, it's a little too twee for its own good on some of the riffs.
TAMUSIC - Violin for Candid Friend (Mountain of Faith) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX)
Violin piece not that good, Battle 1 very catchy and cute.
Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - The Dark Battle (Dark Chronicle) vs Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger)
Can they both lose?  Utterly forgettable the both of them.
The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend) vs Märta - Rawest Forest (Super Mario RPG)
That forest was raw indeed.
Nick Tam - Fair Lass of Ozette (Tales of Symphonia) vs The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3)
The Rocking Grounds always kind of disappointed me.  It's okay, but doesn't really rock enough.  Both these probably beat the match below, though.
Hyadain - Hajimete no Tomodachi (Dr. Mario) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2)
Shrug.  They're both okay.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 04:36:26 AM »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 09:00:47 PM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December when there is no angel) vs Ubik, zyko - Asterix Niggaz 4 Life OC ReMix (Asterix): Simple.
Zircon - Calamitous Judgment (The Trial) (Chrono Trigger) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle): I don't want to vote for something inferior to the original version but it is better here. Blah.
UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Audix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway (Super Mario 64): Mm. Don't really like either, but this one's less disjointed.
TAMUSIC - Violin for Candid Friend (Mountain of Faith) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX): 8-bit vs violin and I vote for the former. I just don't know anymore.
Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - The Dark Battle (Dark Chronicle) vs Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger): Eh.
The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend) vs Märta - Rawest Forest (Super Mario RPG): Meh.
Nick Tam - Fair Lass of Ozette (Tales of Symphonia) vs The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3): Easy.
Hyadain - Hajimete no Tomodachi (Dr. Mario) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2): Easy.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 11:28:19 PM »
-- Isn't complete and utter failure.

-- Yay piano~

-- I guess.

-- I guess.

-- Generic Sakuraba vs. meh.  Apathy XTREEM!  Guardia Millenia Fair should be here instead.

-- Whatever.

-- Rocking grounds indeed.

-- Huh, that was Hyadain?  Better than usual.  Anyways, SSH still wins.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 06:45:13 AM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December when there is no angel) vs Ubik, zyko - Asterix Niggaz 4 Life OC ReMix (Asterix) - Kinda long, but pretty.  Also, the opposition... yeah.
TAMUSIC - Violin for Candid Friend (Mountain of Faith) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX) - Those violins sound kinda... off.

Will try to finish before deadline, no promises. >_>

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »
Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- vs Niggaz 4 Life - Another decentlish track from ZTS. Why couldn't they have been like this before? Although it is overly scratchy and falls to pieces near the end. Its opposition is godawful in any case.
Calamitous Judgment (The Trial) vs Crazy Pianist - Both nice.
Snow or Cherry Petal vs Devastation's Doorway - Toho track is far too long and disjointed. Mario is no prize itself but yeah.
Violin for Candid Friend vs Battle 1 - Toho can be decent on occasion. I have a vague suspicion about what Battle 1 is trying to achieve, but without having played the game, it means nothing to me.
The Dark Battle vs Secret of Forest - Both decent, but uninspiring.
Rosenthorne vs Rawest Forest - No contest.
Fair Lass of Ozette vs The Rocking Grounds - This is also no contest.
Hajimete no Tomodachi vs Carmine - Er... one half of me is repulsed by this Hyadain, the other half is considering it highly stylish ._. How fortunate that Carmine is really nice.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »
Results.

ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December when there is no angel) 8
Ubik, zyko - Asterix Niggaz 4 Life OC ReMix (Asterix) 2

Zircon - Calamitous Judgment (The Trial) (Chrono Trigger) 4
La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) 6

UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) 5 (tiebreak)
Audix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway (Super Mario 64) 5

TAMUSIC - Violin for Candid Friend (Mountain of Faith) 2
Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX) 8

Dark Chronicle Premium Arrange - The Dark Battle (Dark Chronicle) 4
Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger) 5

The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend) 10
Märta - Rawest Forest (Super Mario RPG) 0

Nick Tam - Fair Lass of Ozette (Tales of Symphonia) 3
The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3) 6

Hyadain - Hajimete no Tomodachi (Dr. Mario) 4
Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2) 5
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!