Register

Author Topic: AGMT: R3, Pool 1  (Read 2343 times)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: AGMT: R3, Pool 1
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Necrofanstasia doesn't really deserve three wins, but Never Die is too dull for its own good.

Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) - Slaughter.

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) - Is considerably less dull.

dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) - I don't care for One Girl at all.

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) - Nor do I really care for More Than A Weapon, for all that it's a nice piece.

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) - Excellent match of excellence, and it's hard to decide which one I enjoyed more, but I think Remilia's more my thing here.  Won't be disappointed if 13th Anthology goes on, though.

ZTS - Sore demo dare ka wo suki ni naru -cooperate- (December without an Angel) vs Xenogears Creid - Balto (Xenogears) - Slaughter.

The Black Mages - Seymour Battle (Final Fantasy X) vs MAIKAZE - Candid Friend Vocal arrange (Mountain of Faith) - Both of these tracks need to go away.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:23:21 AM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - For all that I've complained incessantly about all the uninspired and hackneyed Perfect Cherry Blossom remixes polluting this competition, Necrofantasia has somehow managed to grow on me like a vile awesome wart. It's actually *gasp* not that bad. That makes this decision a bit more difficult, but not enough to change the outcome, unfortunately. Never Die is just too awesome. Can we just give it the title already?
Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) - Never Die vs. Basilisk Run should be a spectacular fight.
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) - Battle with the Four Fiends is an old favorite of mine, but I've been enthralled by Twilight of Ivory since I first heard it. Might as well throw a vote to the newcomer.
dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) - It's difficult to explain why I like One Girl. For whatever reason, I just find it very alluring and pleasant to hear.

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) - Nope, still not a big fan of Gothic Neclord.
Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) - Requisite match of meh.
ZTS - Sore demo dare ka wo suki ni naru -cooperate- (December without an Angel) vs Xenogears Creid - Balto (Xenogears) - Man, both of these tracks are purdy. Coin-flip.
The Black Mages - Seymour Battle (Final Fantasy X) vs MAIKAZE - Candid Friend Vocal arrange (Mountain of Faith) - Finish him! Fatality!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 06:29:58 AM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Both fall into that category of good, but not really really really good.  There're better versions of Necrofantasia.

Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) - Yeah, not close.

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) - Not that close either.

dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) - Alluring and pleasant to hear is a good sum-up of Wingless stuff.

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) - Still don't get the Weapon hype.

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) - Great match, and a salute to the one that must fall.

ZTS - Sore demo dare ka wo suki ni naru -cooperate- (December without an Angel) vs Xenogears Creid - Balto (Xenogears) - Not so close.

The Black Mages - Seymour Battle (Final Fantasy X) vs MAIKAZE - Candid Friend Vocal arrange (Mountain of Faith) - Not close at all, for all that I like both.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom): Necrofantasia is solid. Still don't really like Never Die much.
Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden): Feels like the weakest winner of the pool at this point but still clear cut.
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4): Go away, Twilight.
dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid): 'tis nice, yes.
SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2): No love for arranges worse than originals.
Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2): Would've been way closer with Dawn of Ys here.
ZTS - Sore demo dare ka wo suki ni naru -cooperate- (December without an Angel) vs Xenogears Creid - Balto (Xenogears): Both good, but this is straightforward.
The Black Mages - Seymour Battle (Final Fantasy X) vs MAIKAZE - Candid Friend Vocal arrange (Mountain of Faith): Kappamusik is still here?
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 07:27:26 PM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
Don't care that much for Never Die.

Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden)
Both in my playlist, but one was worthy of the nom.

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4)
Such an easy, easy choice.

dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid)
I like the quick littly quirks that Super Metroid pulls out with its music.

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2)
Gothic Neclord never gets old, while More Than A Weapon isn't that good.

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Good match here, and yeah.  The 13th Anthology has finally hit something it can't take.

ZTS - Sore demo dare ka wo suki ni naru -cooperate- (December without an Angel) vs Xenogears Creid - Balto (Xenogears)
Still not a big fan of Balto, but it's better than the competition.

The Black Mages - Seymour Battle (Final Fantasy X) vs MAIKAZE - Candid Friend Vocal arrange (Mountain of Faith)
How'd that make round 3?!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden)
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4)
dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid)
SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) vs Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2)
Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) vs Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2)
ZTS - Sore demo dare ka wo suki ni naru -cooperate- (December without an Angel) vs Xenogears Creid - Balto (Xenogears)
The Black Mages - Seymour Battle (Final Fantasy X) vs MAIKAZE - Candid Friend Vocal arrange (Mountain of Faith)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 10:27:50 PM »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 12:29:46 AM by Talaysen »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »
Never Die vs Necrofantasia - Both great. Nice.
In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony vs Basilisk Run - Both not so great.
Twilight of Ivory vs Battle with the Four Fiends - Go. Away. 4F.
Doll Judgement vs One Girl in all the World - Both good.
More Than A Weapon vs Gothic Neclord - Good versus lamer than the original.
Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 vs The 13th Anthology - Neither of these really stand out.
Sore demo dare ka wo suki ni naru -cooperate- vs Balto - Cooperate is beautiful. Balto is emphatically not.
Seymour Battle vs Candid Friend Vocal arrange - These are both nice.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 04:01:59 PM »

<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »
Results.

Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) 2
Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) 7

Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) 1
Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) 8

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) 5
The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) 4

dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) 2
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) 7

SuperGreenX, MC - Panzer Dragoon Orta More Than A Weapon OC ReMix (Panzer Dragoon Orta) 3
Genso Suikoden Music Collection by Kentaro Haneda - Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) 6

Touhou Violin 2 - Symphony "Remilia" Op. 22 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) 5
Drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - The 13th Anthology (Kingdom Hearts 2) 4

ZTS - Sore demo dare ka wo suki ni naru -cooperate- (December without an Angel) 3
Xenogears Creid - Balto (Xenogears) 6

The Black Mages - Seymour Battle (Final Fantasy X) 5
MAIKAZE - Candid Friend Vocal arrange (Mountain of Faith) 4
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!