Author Topic: Is it just me, or does FFXIII sound...kinda bad  (Read 13655 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me, or does FFXIII sound...kinda bad
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2010, 02:53:08 AM »
I hated ;_; like pretty much the entire way through, and I still played that to more or less completion.

And that's a good 30 hours more than I spent on FF13, and I LIKE FF13!

You hated what now?

This.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2010, 09:02:42 AM »
I wish video games cost less, so I wouldn't feel as pressured to finish them (even if I did buy FF13 with games that I hadn't played in years and had no interest in revisiting, like SO4).

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2010, 10:19:09 AM »
I know you weren't being sarcastic, just wanted to have my opinion of the game on the level.  My distaste for the game is uh not really a secret or anything around here, so just putting it out there.  Some of what I say may just be me snidely sniping at the game.  That doesn't stop me from having a discussion about the finer points of the gameplay.

I can't remember if Dark Matter costs more or less than Trapzehedron, but know enough of them do take it.

Also for why I played so much of it, what Rob said.  Coupled with the fact that this was getting a lot of love when it came out as well.  Tons of "It really gets good at the end!" stuff being bandied around.  You know, one of the things I always back pedal to when I argue about things Djinn is that other than making everything a joke, the other thing I do is to always be a critic.  This was a huge release that was getting a lot of big fanfare and love and not much critical analysis.  I had spent the money and not only felt like I needed to finish it to justify my money spent (which I got almost entirely through said critical analysis, that was WAY more fun than playing the game was)  or playing it just because it was a new Final Fantasy (which is a pretty big draw card anyway, but I never did ever get far in FF12), but I really felt like people that weren't going to play it straight up front for whatever reason (not having a PS3/X-Box being a good case for half the DL?) at least have at least something out there talking more about it than "This is horrible!" or "This is awesome!  You can totally use Com/Rav/Rav but I wish Com/Com/Rav didn't change targets."   I hated it and said exactly why I did.  Whether or not anyone cared or if they just revelled in the drama I don't mind, but I felt compelled to do it and it gave me my money's worth.

After all you were the one that was saying during it that it bothers you when I stomp a game for being boring is that I don't find ways to play it to make it interesting for myself.  Well I do, it just happens to not be actually in the game and that is entirely the game's fault.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2010, 02:00:50 PM »
Well, Grefter, at very least, I hope you expected me to do one of my mega Meeple Rants when I finished the game, cause its the exact kind of game that deserves it, for good or bad reasons (I've done rants for games I really like and games I've abhored, so my opinion about a game does not determine whether I should rant about it.  Heck, I think my first major game rant to that proportion was on Wild ARMs 3, a game I truly respect a lot.  This was followed by Arc the Lad 4, a game I have a rather middling opinion of.  And then there's the 90 slodge fest that I mentioned earlier...)

Not that this doesn't change the fact that you should be critical, of course, just saying you'd be silly to think I wouldn't do that!

(Ok, I didn't do a full rant on XF, but that was cause I decided to be a total dick and surprise everyone.  SO4 as well, but SO4 was cause I did the abridged series of which I felt was probably more amusing.)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »
Did I expect Meeple to play an FF game and talk about it incessantly?  Sure I did >_>  I just got it at release and had a week off just as it did, so yeah.

Edit - And we of course both look for different things in a game, but more importantly, we look at different things in a game.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:53:49 PM by Grefter »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.