Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 13~  (Read 3759 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 13~
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:06:13 AM »
I think you know the drill by now. Copy the match ups below and bold which song you like better. The names are links to a stream of the song.

If there are any mistakes, please let me know ASAP so we can fix them.

I will put up a new pool every half week and they will all be open for a week as well. If enough people don't like this pace, I am willing to change the schedule, but let's roll with this and see how it goes.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga III - godsibb VS. TalesWeaver - Battle in the Tomb of the Hero – Z80 mix -
Muramasa - Turbulent Stage VS. Disgaea - Beautiful Rondo
Wild ARMs XF - Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future VS. Muramasa - Desires Connected to the Enlightenment B
May Sky - Bridge of Jade VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - One Word

Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Steel Beowulf VS. Shadow Hearts - Death Zombie Party
Wild ARMs 4 - At the End of the Wilderness Ver. Detonator VS. Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith - Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall
Guilty Gear X - Awe of She VS. Tenchu - Onikage Battle
Berwick Saga - Berwick Saga VS. Mother 3 - Monkey Delivery Service

ANIME
El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest VS. Tsukihime - Justice
R.O.D the T.V. - Theme of R.O.D. (Long Version) VS. Bakemonogatari - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari

ARRANGED
SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2" 6 VS. Zwei!! - Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Mythical Land Serpentina
Street Fighter II - OCRemix - Ryu on Four Pianos VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - est - you -mirror sky-

Full pool download
http://www.mediafire.com/?5dyqdnmzimn
NOTE: The Steel Beowulf file in the full pool download is lower quality than the Tindeck link. It's the same song though.
NOTE 2: The Awe of She file in the full pool download is the wrong version.  Use the Tindeck link above.

Voting closes in one week after the time of this post.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:11:37 AM by Talaysen »

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 13~
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 02:00:41 AM »
That was me not paying attention, it's supposed to be a different version.  Working on it.

It is still going to be Awe of She, though, the XX version was the one already in.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 02:25:33 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga III - godsibb VS. TalesWeaver - Battle in the Tomb of the Hero – Z80 mix -
Wild ARMs XF - Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future VS. Muramasa - Desires Connected to the Enlightenment B

Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Steel Beowulf VS. Shadow Hearts - Death Zombie Party
Wild ARMs 4 - At the End of the Wilderness Ver. Detonator VS. Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith - Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall
Guilty Gear - Awe of She VS. Tenchu - Onikage Battle

ANIME
El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest VS. Tsukihime - Justice - Rest later
R.O.D the T.V. - Theme of R.O.D. (Long Version) VS. Bakemonogatari - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari

ARRANGED
SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2" 6 VS. Zwei!! - Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Mythical Land Serpentina
Street Fighter II - OCRemix - Ryu on Four Pianos VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - est - you -mirror sky-

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:32:59 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 02:35:36 AM »
Correct version of Awe of She is up on Tindeck.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 03:11:04 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Berwick Saga - Berwick Saga VS. Mother 3 - Monkey Delivery Service Berwick Saga is solid, but the vocals are a bit grating after a while. Monkey Delivery Service is a personal favorite.

ANIME

ARRANGED

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 03:21:04 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga III - godsibb VS. TalesWeaver - Battle in the Tomb of the Hero – Z80 mix - - Good Kajiura vs. something that's cute, but out of its league here.
Muramasa - Turbulent Stage VS. Disgaea - Beautiful Rondo - Sure.
Wild ARMs XF - Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future VS. Muramasa - Desires Connected to the Enlightenment B - Don't care much for either.
May Sky - Bridge of Jade VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - One Word - Mmm, both are good.

Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Steel Beowulf VS. Shadow Hearts - Death Zombie Party - Was Death Zombie Party supposed to be something?
Wild ARMs 4 - At the End of the Wilderness Ver. Detonator VS. Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith - Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall - Pretty good match, this.
Guilty Gear X - Awe of She VS. Tenchu - Onikage Battle - Well it's a better she than the one that showed up previously but I'm still not feeling any real sense of awe.  Oh well, other track doesn't really capture my interest so it's enough.
Berwick Saga - Berwick Saga VS. Mother 3 - Monkey Delivery Service - Mother 3's strength doesn't really lie in its music.

ANIME
El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest VS. Tsukihime - Justice - Justice is good but not particularly special.  Forest is excellent meanwhile.
R.O.D the T.V. - Theme of R.O.D. (Long Version) VS. Bakemonogatari - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - Bakemonogatari track isn't even that good and this is still fairly one-sided.

ARRANGED
SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2" 6 VS. Zwei!! - Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Mythical Land Serpentina - Mmm, good match.
Street Fighter II - OCRemix - Ryu on Four Pianos VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - est - you -mirror sky- - As is this.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 04:10:21 AM »
Battle is actually pretty cool, and godsibb loops a bit too quickly, but still confident in this vote.
Turbulence is pretty neat.
I'll go for heroic over weird, although some of the perc in Intrude Upon Happiness is quite annoying.  It works well in-context at least.
One Word is kind of a snoozer.

Death Zombie Party is a strange pick, but not a fan of Steel Beowulf, so will go for the weird.
Fall of Fall is fine, but tough draw.  I actually don't like the original At the End of the Wilderness very much but the WA4 Detonator version is great.
...and the first 30 seconds made me think I would actually be voting for Awe of She, because it's pretty awesome.  This is still a far superior version of the song to the earlier one, at least.  Feels like Onikage Battle gets lost in the middle but it's still decent.
More fun.

ANIME
Oh, Justice.  Nice pick from Tsukihime, definitely one of my favorites from it, but sticking with my own nom here.  Good match, though.  (Though 64 kbps on Justice?  Quality of that encoding could be better.)
...yeah.

ARRANGED
Very playful piano piece, could easily imagine myself in some 1900 Salon in Paris.  A bit short but whatever.
Ryu is a more blah piano piece, however.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 05:20:30 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 05:49:05 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga III - godsibb VS. TalesWeaver - Battle in the Tomb of the Hero – Z80 mix -- gutcheck.

Guilty Gear X - Awe of She VS. Tenchu - Onikage Battle- Not that this version of Awe of She is notably different.  but hey, nothing wrong with Awe of She.

ANIME
El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest VS. Tsukihime - Justice- I think.  I have nothing but good to say about both of these (Justice is my nom, in fact) but... mm.  yeah, this works.
R.O.D the T.V. - Theme of R.O.D. (Long Version) VS. Bakemonogatari - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari- ye gods R.O.D. is everything I don't like in music.

ARRANGED
SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2" 6 VS. Zwei!! - Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Mythical Land Serpentina- mmm.  Both fun pieces, I think this plays me better though.
Street Fighter II - OCRemix - Ryu on Four Pianos VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - est - you -mirror sky-- I think.  I dunno, might come back to this on a fresh mind.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 03:56:25 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga III - godsibb VS. TalesWeaver - Battle in the Tomb of the Hero – Z80 mix -: Augh. At times Tomb is cute, at other times I want to stab it. Good thing godsibb is excellent~
Muramasa - Turbulent Stage VS. Disgaea - Beautiful Rondo: ELEGANTO~! The other track's not bad, but yeah.
Wild ARMs XF - Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future VS. Muramasa - Desires Connected to the Enlightenment B: Hm, pretty cool.
May Sky - Bridge of Jade VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - One Word: Eh. Tiebreaking for non-repeat.

Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Steel Beowulf VS. Shadow Hearts - Death Zombie Party: Yeah okay.
Wild ARMs 4 - At the End of the Wilderness Ver. Detonator VS. Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith - Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall: Argh. The strong association with stupid WA4 plot and endless friendship speeches makes this track much worse than before playing the game, but Fall is dominated by that bad flute sample.
Guilty Gear X - Awe of She VS. Tenchu - Onikage Battle: Nom supremacy and a longtime favorite. Meanwhile GGX Awe of She has a neat intro but is horribly inferior to GGXX version otherwise.
Berwick Saga - Berwick Saga VS. Mother 3 - Monkey Delivery Service: "On the other hand, Mother music" sums this up.

ANIME
El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest VS. Tsukihime - Justice: Both are good.
R.O.D the T.V. - Theme of R.O.D. (Long Version) VS. Bakemonogatari - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari: Yeah okay Mk2.

ARRANGED
SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2" 6 VS. Zwei!! - Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Mythical Land Serpentina: FALCOM ELBOW
Street Fighter II - OCRemix - Ryu on Four Pianos VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - est - you -mirror sky-: Close one. Giving the nod to good piano.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 04:10:44 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 11:12:06 PM »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga III - godsibb VS. TalesWeaver - Battle in the Tomb of the Hero – Z80 mix - aka the only good thing to come from Xenosaga III.
Muramasa - Turbulent Stage VS. Disgaea - Beautiful Rondo - The more Muramasa music I hear, the more I'm convinced that I need this soundtrack.
Wild ARMs XF - Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future VS. Muramasa - Desires Connected to the Enlightenment B - See above.

Guilty Gear X - Awe of She VS. Tenchu - Onikage Battle - Well, I like it better than the other version of Awe of She, at least...

ANIME
R.O.D the T.V. - Theme of R.O.D. (Long Version) VS. Bakemonogatari - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - That ROD track is good stuff. I was actually thinking of nominating it myself.

ARRANGED
SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2" 6 VS. Zwei!! - Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Mythical Land Serpentina - My third-favorite Falcom track. It's just so pretty.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 05:18:30 AM »
Switched the Mediafire link to put in the right version of Awe of She and put in a better quality Steel Beowulf, new version can be found at http://www.mediafire.com/?5dyqdnmzimn.  Tal will have it updated in the first post soon as well.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 06:13:10 AM »

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 03:21:02 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Steel Beowulf VS. Shadow Hearts - Death Zombie Party - both interesting in what they do in the background.  kinda funky matchup.
Wild ARMs 4 - At the End of the Wilderness Ver. Detonator VS. Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith - Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall - Easy.  not one of MoF's best, though it's charming.

ANIME

ARRANGED
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 08:09:08 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 10:33:52 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga III - godsibb VS. TalesWeaver - Battle in the Tomb of the Hero – Z80 mix - Battle is pretty fun, but godsibb is better
Muramasa - Turbulent Stage VS. Disgaea - Beautiful Rondo - Turbulent is as dissonant as it promises! Probably works good in context! Not great to listen to on it's own.
Wild ARMs XF - Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future VS. Muramasa - Desires Connected to the Enlightenment B - Desires is much better than Turbulent! This is a preference call here. They're both pretty good.
May Sky - Bridge of Jade VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - One Word - I really, really have to find this song with better quality audio. It's great.

Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Steel Beowulf VS. Shadow Hearts - Death Zombie Party - Weird, but strangely good.
Wild ARMs 4 - At the End of the Wilderness Ver. Detonator VS. Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith - Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall - Not a hard call.
Guilty Gear X - Awe of She VS. Tenchu - Onikage Battle - Both good. Awe of She already won, so Onikage autowins the coinflip
Berwick Saga - Berwick Saga VS. Mother 3 - Monkey Delivery Service - Fun vs. Fantastic. Fantastic wins.

ANIME
El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest VS. Tsukihime - Justice - Yep
R.O.D the T.V. - Theme of R.O.D. (Long Version) VS. Bakemonogatari - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - Why this and not the normal RoD theme? It's so much better and more focused... oh well. The Bakemonogatari song proves that even generic JPop can work if the singer puts enough into it.

ARRANGED
SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2" 6 VS. Zwei!! - Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Mythical Land Serpentina - Enjoyed the latter more.
Street Fighter II - OCRemix - Ryu on Four Pianos VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - est - you -mirror sky- - The latter is pretty but... does nothing for me, which is surprising. Ryu wins! Insert quarters.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 12:33:41 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Xenosaga III - godsibb VS. TalesWeaver - Battle in the Tomb of the Hero – Z80 mix -: Hah. Pretty neat little piece, and godsibb's been in before so why not.
Muramasa - Turbulent Stage VS. Disgaea - Beautiful Rondo: Something about Beautiful Rondo's synth violins or whatever jars.
Wild ARMs XF - Intrude Upon Happiness, Plunder the Future VS. Muramasa - Desires Connected to the Enlightenment B: Just generally more tuneful and memorable.
May Sky - Bridge of Jade VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - One Word: Kinda sounds like someone recorded it in their bathroom, but it's less boring than One Word and also doesn't remind me of silly DDS2 ending cinematics.

Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Steel Beowulf VS. Shadow Hearts - Death Zombie Party: Beowulf casts Chicken. Zombie runs away!
Wild ARMs 4 - At the End of the Wilderness Ver. Detonator VS. Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith - Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall: Not one of the more impressive WA tracks around. This isn't one of the more impressive Touhou tracks either, though.
Guilty Gear X - Awe of She VS. Tenchu - Onikage Battle: Demonstrating once again that Tonfa is like Bizarro Cid when it comes to music, I think this version of Awe of She is quite superior and nommed it mostly so people would stop nomming the worse one.
Berwick Saga - Berwick Saga VS. Mother 3 - Monkey Delivery Service: Quirky can beat a halfhearted attempt at epic, sure. Both of these are sorta just okay tracks.

ANIME
El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest VS. Tsukihime - Justice: Something I would've nommed if CK hadn't done it.
R.O.D the T.V. - Theme of R.O.D. (Long Version) VS. Bakemonogatari - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari: I guess. R.O.D. rambles too long without really going anywhere.

ARRANGED
SaGa Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2" 6 VS. Zwei!! - Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Mythical Land Serpentina: I dunno, just does a better job of holding my attention.
Street Fighter II - OCRemix - Ryu on Four Pianos VS. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - est - you -mirror sky-: It is hard to top the level of badassery contained in this song.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 02:04:43 AM »
23 hour and 5 minute warning!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 04:51:59 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 07:55:34 PM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT
May Sky - Bridge of Jade VS. Digital Devil Saga 2 - One Word- Has a pulse.

Wild ARMs 4 - At the End of the Wilderness Ver. Detonator VS. Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith - Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall- Ugh, pass.

ANIME
El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest VS. Tsukihime - Justice- Awesome matchup out of nowhere! Yay.

ARRANGED
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 01:00:37 AM »
Closing this now.  Final counts!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
11-4

7-8

8-7

12-3

11-4

9-6

8-6

9-5

ANIME
10-3

1-13

ARRANGED
3-11

8-6
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:12:30 AM by Yakumo »