Author Topic: Best Scenes Round 9 - SHAPE THE FUTURE!  (Read 1884 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Best Scenes Round 9 - SHAPE THE FUTURE!
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:44:26 PM »
DRAMA:
Aira's Big Secret Revealed (Grandia II) |||| ||||  vs. Bye Bye arm (WA1) |
"We will live without false hope" (FFX) |||  vs. Belly Stab, Meul's Cosmosphere 5 (AT2) |

STYLISH:
*Final sequence of fighting (Crisis Core) ||||  vs. Eph vs. Lyon, Eph Path (FE8) |
POISON CHIHUAHUA (God hand) |||| vs. Opening (BoF5) |||| - Tiebreak made in POISON CHIHUAHUA's favor on grounds that I'm afraid God Hand will Dragon Kick my ass into the Milky Way

*I was forced to disqualify one vote in this match due to reasons I won't get into.  However, the end result doesn't change the winner whether this vote was counted or not; just the totals.

HUMOR:
Ike/Reyson, B Support (FE9) |||| vs. "THERE'S NOTHING LIKE DRINKING TEA IN OUTER SPACE!"  (Disgaea) |||| ||
Asgard's Arm fall (WA5) | vs. Ghido Ultimate Bartz Mockery (FF5 Advanced) |||| |||

I HATE WRONGNESS...AND VOTING:
RINOA IN SPACE!!! |||| vs.LiiiiiIIIIIIIGHHHTT (Devil May Cry) ||||

BONUS ROUND, KAIJU EDITION!:
Stylish Entrance of Stylishness...IN STYLE! (Terror of Mechagodzilla) | vs. Physics Defying Dropkick of AWESOME!?!?(Godzilla vs. Megalon) ||

And so we move on...and people need to STOP ABSTAINING! Stop being lazy!!!! COME ON GUYS! YOU CAN-...wait, this isn't the time or place...

DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jbRXH7dT5M#t=2m52s) vs. Might vs Right (SH2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea5nAqym380&feature=related)
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII) (see quote below) vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbRRODPGQU#t=7m27s)

Quistis: I haven't been here for a while.
[They both go stand by the ledge.]
Quistis: What time is it?
Squall: It's after midnight.
Quistis: Oh well... I, Quistis Trepe, am no longer an instructor as
        of now! I'm a member of SeeD now, just like you. Who knows,
         maybe we'll end up working together.
Squall: ...Oh really?
Quistis: Is that all you're going to say?
Squall: "If that's how it was decided, you have to abide by it."
Quistis: They told me that I failed as an instructor. Basically,
         that I lacked leadership qualities. I was a SeeD by the age
         of 15, got my instructor license at 17...It's only been a
         year since I got it... I wonder where I went wrong... I did
         my best... Are you listening?
Squall: Are you done yet...? I don't wanna talk about it. What am I
       supposed to say about other people's problems?

Quistis: I'm not asking you to say anything. I just want you listen.
Squall: Then go talk to a wall.
Quistis: Aren't there times when you want to share your feelings with
        someone?
Squall: Everyone has to take care of themselves. I don't want to
        carry anyone's burden.
[Squall walks away.]
Quistis: ...No leadership qualities... Failed instructor... Perhaps
         they're right...

STYLE:
Tantalus Airship Escape Exploding (FF9) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXeZY0q4Aao&feature=related) vs. Mission 1 Opening (DMC3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ6168DoxHY&feature=related)
Drakengard 2 (Caim's entrance) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWIAbF-Gr0o) vs. *Chess Battle (ShF2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z61F6mfcGI)

*TURN VOLUME DOWN ON THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.  Trust me, you'll thank me when you do.

HUMOR:
UNGAAAAAH!!! (Dissidia) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmBNpvMcJ6w&feature=related) vs. *Badrach's Story (VP)
Tranny Kyle (LSSSC) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIMxvKqCS4) vs. Lizard People Ending (Chrono Trigger) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54aYRk-i1M)

*2 Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIKn7ovOa48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90R_aRcB3pA&feature=related

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL THIS WRONG DIVISION WITH RIIIIIiiiiiIIIIIIGHT!:
Intro (King's Field 2) (Link provided) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWtMD6LReSU) vs. WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOR (MMX4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA)

BONUS MATCH...ITS SERIOUS!!!:
Bye, bye, Butterfree (Pokemon) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z44MUW4Qil4) vs. Gourry saves Lina (Slayers Next) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyaeoZXV-9Y - until about 6:30)

SHORT VERSION:

DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT)  vs. Might vs Right (SH2)
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII)

STYLE:
Tantalus Airship Escape Exploding (FF9)vs. Mission 1 Opening (DMC3)
Drakengard 2 (Caim's entrance) vs. Chess Battle (ShF2)

HUMOR:
UNGAAAAAH!!! (Dissidia) vs. Badrach's Story (VP)
Tranny Kyle (LSSSC) vs. Lizard People Ending (Chrono Trigger)

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL THIS WRONG DIVISION WITH RIIIIIiiiiiIIIIIIGHT!:
Intro (King's Field 2) (Link provided)  vs. WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOR (MMX4)

Bye, bye, Butterfree (Pokemon) vs. Gourry saves Lina (Slayers Next)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Best Scenes Round 9 - SHAPE THE FUTURE!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:24:04 PM »
DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT)  vs. Might vs Right (SH2)
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII) - IIRC the garden fight was Squall's one worthwhile moment as a character.

STYLE:

HUMOR:
Tranny Kyle (LSSSC) vs. Lizard People Ending (Chrono Trigger) - Uh yeah, easy win for tranny Kyle

Bye, bye, Butterfree (Pokemon) vs. Gourry saves Lina (Slayers Next) - Serious Slayers plot lulz

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 11:31:54 PM »
SHORT VERSION:

DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT)  vs. Might vs Right (SH2)- Uhhh. Won't mind whichever wins here.
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII)- Well, one of these is at least kind of dramatic.

STYLE:
Tantalus Airship Escape Exploding (FF9)vs. Mission 1 Opening (DMC3)- Torn. FF 9 has far more stylish scene, but DMC 3 waffles between stylish and horrible hammy-ness. Think the more of Dante I see, the less I like principle tips this.
Drakengard 2 (Caim's entrance) vs. Chess Battle (ShF2)- I...less, Drakengard 2 scene was very fractured. Was going to throw the vote to Chess Battle, but OHGODTHESOUND. Sound...kind of a big part of style.

HUMOR:
UNGAAAAAH!!! (Dissidia) vs. Badrach's Story (VP)- Badrach's story isn't funny at hell. But...it was compared to that Dissidia scene? Was that the right scene? That was just painful, although part of that is the generalized fail that is LP's that feel like narrating every single thing straight. Was that the right Dissidia scene?
Tranny Kyle (LSSSC) vs. Lizard People Ending (Chrono Trigger)- This is the only scene this week that is actually meant to be humorous.

Intro (King's Field 2) (Link provided)  vs. WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOR (MMX4)

...into the nightfall.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:43:49 PM »
The Dissidia scene has humor value but ONLY if you know the exact thing they're "spoofing"

Its Emperor's death wail that is meant to be funny.  When he dies, he yells in a huge text bubble "UNGAAAAH!" ("UBOAR!!!!" in Japanese); this became somewhat of a Meme (in Japan) that Square actually went out of its way to make a scene dedicated to him yelling that at full volume (so in the Japanese, yes, he actually voice acts "UBOAR!!!!")

Like I said, it requires you know the exact scenario to have any sort of humor value.  I'm not saying this should change your vote, but just noting that "Yes, its the right scene."
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:57:21 PM »
DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT)  vs. Might vs Right (SH2)- I did have to check the FFT scene to see which one it was, but this outcome was never in doubt.
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII)- I can kinda see what Bard was going for with that nom, but I feel like Squall undercuts it.  Unlike the other scene, which is awesome.

STYLE:
Tantalus Airship Escape Exploding (FF9) vs. Mission 1 Opening (DMC3)- Y'know, the way the ship flies here is kinda pretty.  But y'know.
Drakengard 2 (Caim's entrance) vs. Chess Battle (ShF2)- Amuses me more.

HUMOR:
UNGAAAAAH!!! (Dissidia) vs. Badrach's Story (VP)- The entire concept of Badrach always amused me.  No, seriously, I did one good thing once!!
Tranny Kyle (LSSSC) vs. Lizard People Ending (Chrono Trigger)- In an obvious Match of Ciato, trannies always win.

Intro (King's Field 2) (Link provided) vs. WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOR (MMX4)- Eh sure.

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:35:55 AM »
DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT)  vs. Might vs Right (SH2) - As usual, not touching SH2 stuff.
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII) - This is the climax of FF VIII, the moment right before the final dungeon where the hero passes on the knowledge he has gained in his quest to give his allies the resolve to prevail, and a good capstone to his character arc and the hero's journey.  Pity what they did to all that in FF VIII-2.

STYLE:
Tantalus Airship Escape Exploding (FF9)vs. Mission 1 Opening (DMC3) - Probably my favourite Dante scene.
Drakengard 2 (Caim's entrance) vs. Chess Battle (ShF2) - The Chess battle is wonderful.

HUMOR:
UNGAAAAAH!!! (Dissidia) vs. Badrach's Story (VP) - Right...  I really don't like Badrach's scene, so I think I'll tiebreak for the Dissidia scene because Tidus' Battle Start quote for the Emperor mocks this scene.
Tranny Kyle (LSSSC) vs. Lizard People Ending (Chrono Trigger) - I like the Lizard ending, it's nicely surreal.  But really, it's up against Kyle when he's at his strongest.

Intro (King's Field 2) (Link provided)  vs. WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOR (MMX4) - All I wanted was a world where there were only easy matches!  But reality doesn't work like that...  It wasn't supposed to be this way!  WHAT AM I VOTING FOOOOOOOOOOR!!!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 03:21:24 AM »
DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT)  vs. Might vs Right (SH2): Argh. The best scenes from their respective games. Makes me sad given some of the weaker scenes that have advanced. Will think on this.
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII): Pretty sure the former was nommed in the wrong category. The pep talk is one of Squall's best moments.

STYLE:
Tantalus Airship Escape Exploding (FF9)vs. Mission 1 Opening (DMC3): Umm.. yeah. I don't mind the FF9 scene but c'mon.

HUMOR:
UNGAAAAAH!!! (Dissidia) vs. Badrach's Story (VP): Will vote once I watch the Dissidia scene, for now, chiming in with the comment that Badrach's story -is- funny, just in a very dark way, and I like it a lot.
Tranny Kyle (LSSSC) vs. Lizard People Ending (Chrono Trigger): Tranny Kyle is pretty random and funny.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 03:45:38 AM »
DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT)  vs. Might vs Right (SH2)
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII)

STYLE:

HUMOR:

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »
SHORT VERSION:

DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT) vs. Might vs Right (SH2)- Uuuugh. Love both.
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII)- I'm so confused to why the former is in this category.

STYLE:
Tantalus Airship Escape Exploding (FF9) vs. Mission 1 Opening (DMC3)- Both are fine.

HUMOR:
UNGAAAAAH!!! (Dissidia) vs.Badrach's Story (VP)
Tranny Kyle (LSSSC) vs. Lizard People Ending (Chrono Trigger)- WHAT! HAX!

Bye, bye, Butterfree (Pokemon) vs. Gourry saves Lina (Slayers Next)- :(:(:(:(
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 09:30:32 PM »
DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT)  vs. Might vs Right (SH2)
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII)

STYLE:

HUMOR:

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:22:14 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 09:27:35 AM »
Post now!  Update tomorrow, etc.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »
DRAMA:
Delita's Betrayal (FFT)  vs. Might vs Right (SH2) - SHC > FFT
"Go talk to a wall" (FFVIII)  vs. Squall's pep talk during garden fight (FFVIII) - I like the quote, at least.

STYLE:
Tantalus Airship Escape Exploding (FF9)vs. Mission 1 Opening (DMC3) - Dante's penis is bigger than the airship, it seems
Drakengard 2 (Caim's entrance) vs. Chess Battle (ShF2) - Chess is awesome.  Needed more Elaine Page, though.

HUMOR:
UNGAAAAAH!!! (Dissidia) vs. Badrach's Story (VP) - Either non-humourously awesome, or darkly hilarious.  Still wins either way!
Tranny Kyle (LSSSC) vs. Lizard People Ending (Chrono Trigger) - I'd do him

Bye, bye, Butterfree (Pokemon) vs. Gourry saves Lina (Slayers Next) - Bug Pokemon are the best ;_;  WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME BUTTERFREE WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory