imageRegister

Author Topic: Tourney 2011 Round 2, Week 2  (Read 2569 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney 2011 Round 2, Week 2
« on: August 14, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »
Godlike

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV)
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Genevieve (Valkyrie Profile)
Melfice (Grandia II) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III)

Timelord (SaGa Frontier) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF)
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series)

Heavy

Shadow Maya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Cristo (Dragon Quest IV)
Brigette 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)
Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Nel Zelpher (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Justin (Grandia)

Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana)
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV)
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile)

Middle

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Aht (Radiant Historia)
Domingo (Shining Force) vs Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)
Argilla (Digital Devil Saga) vs Mathias (Suikoden V)
Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mother (Wild ARMs)

Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)
Nina (Breath of Fire II) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon)
Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Harle (Chrono Cross)

Light

Blastoise (Pokémon) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III)
Pikachu (Pokémon) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Shady (Wild ARMs 3)
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)

Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Jogurt (Shining Force)
Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melody (Wild ARMs 3)
Butterfree (Pokémon) vs Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears)

Warning!
This topic will be closing in one week's time, as it and week 1 will be merging for Round 3.  Yes, for the first time, a topic will actually close on time.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:22:18 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney 2011 Round 2, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 05:53:48 PM »
Godlike

Melfice (Grandia II) vs Nate Nanjo (Person Series) - He's fast enough to keep up with Melfice and I don't think he's 2HKOed by anything. I think CoD wins.

Timelord (SaGa Frontier) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - TIMELEAP HYPE (Just kidding Boss Timelord)
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series) - Buhhhhhhhhhh I'll have to think about this.

Heavy

Shadow Maya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Cristo (Dragon Quest IV) - There is fuckall Cristo can do to kill Shadow Maya.
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Justin (Grandia) - Yuffie can get a limit off here... right?

Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana) - ...I'll get back to this.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV) - aaaa
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile) - aaaa

Middle

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Aht (Radiant Historia) - So I found something out, you can put a trap, push, then put a trap on the same spot the person is pushed to. Does this matter here? Maybe not.

Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) - Oh good god. I think Yulie outlasts Alice SP though :(
Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon)
Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Harle (Chrono Cross) BOSS HARLE HYPE

Light

Blastoise (Pokémon) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III) - Can Blastoise either a) kill Piccolo before his L4 Charge or B) Survive the L4 charge?
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)

Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears)

Warning!
This topic will be closing in one week's time, as it and week 1 will be merging for Round 3.  Yes, for the first time, a topic will actually close on time.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:00:34 PM by Nephrite »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 06:14:34 PM »
Godlike

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- Durability trumps speed here.
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV)- Overwhelms.

Timelord (SaGa Frontier) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- This is hands down my favorite Godlike match of all time, just for the writeup. ;-; Shame that the fight itself is a total blowout.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)- Kneejerk.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF)- Unless Weisheit's damage is ITD.
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series)- Ellen can't do anything about Soul Rend.

Heavy

Shadow Maya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Cristo (Dragon Quest IV)- *Shakes fist*
Brigette 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)- Attack down-murder.
Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Nel Zelpher (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- No clue, abstaining on this one.
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Justin (Grandia)- Yuffie's L1 is surprisingly costly. Justin can chip past that with a weak attack/HE cut combo. Don't think Yuffie 2HKOs either.

Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana)-Don't think Popoi has a status that can nail Alkaiser offhand.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Knejerking that she can outlast.
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV)- Tank fight! Wren's got way more healing though, so it's a blowout.
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile)- I think .

Middle

Domingo (Shining Force) vs Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- Desoul.
Argilla (Digital Devil Saga) vs Mathias (Suikoden V)- Argilla is WEAK TO WIND. Ugly.

Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- Easily outlasts Alice's SP.
Nina (Breath of Fire II) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Nina is total Vampiric Flash bait.
Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vsAlbert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon)- Don't think Ashton gets the 4-3 (which would win him the fight) and I'm also reasonably sure he doesn't 3HKO.

Light

Pikachu (Pokémon) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Pika with no thundershock is sad times.
Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Shady (Wild ARMs 3)- Just a better slugger.

Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melody (Wild ARMs 3)- Melody apparently doesn't have a physical. This is very sad times.
Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears) Both sacrificed to the Beast Rune
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:35:52 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - Saner should be able to mitigate basic attack spam.  The real problem there, however, would be Death Knell...and the fact that I don't think Rika can burst through Xorn's durability before she runs out of resources either for healing or offense.

Heavy

Brigette 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) - Hm.  According to the topic, Rosie's ITE is unreliable, especially since VC evade is akin to FM evade; dodging all hits of an attack.  Coinflip evade versus Miori Shirt... Chie going first makes me gutcheck in her direction, though I can be swayed.
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV) - Knight hits roughly 1.3x average, which would 2HKO normal people--were they not Wren.  Wren's healing is better, more plentiful, and he's got Flare to deal with Knight's PDUR.  Pretty clear-cut.

Middle

Domingo (Shining Force) vs Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - can Dekar equip both a Confuse and a Death blocker?  Not sure. Nevermind, he's boned.
Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) - Dat buffing.  Alice hits Yulie's strong defense, and that's before Protect.  Yulie can effortlessly stall until SP burnout, really.
Nina (Breath of Fire II) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Aura Wall.  BoF2 does NOT like status, and Death blockers are readily craftable.  If all else fails, parasitic healing.

Light

Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears) - BEST FIGHT EVER.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:05:56 PM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
Melfice (Grandia II) vs Nate Nanjo (Person Series)
Since the previous round was a tie, I think Melfice vs. Cloud of Darkness is actually a pretty good fight FWIW.  Think Cloud takes it but Melfice has good MT to help deal with the arms.
EDIT: Guess the Person Series loses for CHEATING.
See above.  Melfy has cool tricks, but I don't respect his durability enough to get time to use them.  Once the big beam of doom comes out it's trouble.

OHKOs.  If I had more Weisheit HP respect, then Chris might just tank a charged shot anyway, but that'd require math.

Heavy

...I...  huh.  This is closer than I'd expect since Yuffie blocks ID and H&E Cut runs out fast when Yuffie Clear Tranquils.  Thor Cut -> H&E Cut does .94 PCHP according to Dhyer's stat topic (and avoids a Clear Tranquil).  Yuffie does 1.20 PCHP with two actions according to Meeple's stat topic and goes first.  Yuffie has .92 PCHP and average defense, Justin has 1.19 PCHP and above average defense.  So insanely close.  That said, seems like Justin completes his 2HKO while Yuffie barely doesn't.

Middle

Melbu is probably immune to traps!  ...but I also recall him being really slow, he can't OHKO Aht, and Aht is immune to status nonsense.  At best Melbu can hope to run Aht out of MP with a 2HKO I guess, which I think he only gets in his later form?  But I'd kneejerk as Aht as nearly constantly doubling anyway, and Melbu's HP isn't wonderful.  EDIT: Had no idea about Melbu MDef hype, never came up for me.  Uncertain how I feel on that, so keeping the vote the same for now, but that'd make this closer, sure.
I think?  Dunno.

Stalls till insanity.
Blows up Nina's MP?
Slugfest, but goes first?  Unsure.  EDIT: Forgot that Albert makes it a 4HKO for Ashton by pumping his defense when he transforms.

Light

It's super-effective.
Even Roger can manage to kill the rat I think.

Sketching makes this amusing I guess, but still.   EDIT: Sure if super said it's okay to hype it, let's have paintery doom.
More Gear anti-voting.  (Seibzhen crushes everyone in Light so no.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:41:59 AM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »
Nama: Dekar is the only Lufia 2 PC who can't block any status; he's boned.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 07:23:12 PM »
TYPO STRIKES!!  The godlike match with Nate Nanjo is incorrect and should read:

Temporary topic lock while I whip people.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 07:30:22 PM »
Happy posting.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 07:36:39 PM »
Godlike

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Just way more durable. Takes her out in two rounds at worst, she can't do the same back. She likely can't even three-round which would forstall any 3-2 hype.
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV): Rika might have had a shot if not for the anti-buffing move.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Genevieve (Valkyrie Profile): Faster.
Melfice (Grandia II) vs Cloud of Darkness: Melfice can tank the physicals, which is a huge help. Just... dies to Lightning, then Lightning + Particle Beam next round, I'm pretty sure. CoD will also cast Protect first turn since she can't Particle Beam, and that could very well stave off the 4HKO (on the 4-3) buying her a third turn and then the match is ugly.

Timelord (SaGa Frontier) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): For what it's worth, I see no reason that Ghaleon can't beat boss TimeLord. Ghaleon can do 1.2PCHP with a single turn, and has ludicrous numbers of chipping options so he can do basically anything less. So unless TL is something over 2.3PCHP or so he loses, and I'd see him below that certainly. PC doesn't need much talking about.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Bunker Pillar is so damn cheap.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF): Snowfire, for what it's worth, I can't see any math that saves Chris from a OHKO, so she pretty much needs to do so first (obviously, I see her falling massively short, but bosses, respect, etc.)

Heavy

Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Nel Zelpher (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Heal-locks probably. And he can destroy her damage with Spellbind to boot.
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Justin (Grandia): Yeah, I imagine he can 2HKO while avoiding a limit; like Ghaleon, Justin has excellent damage control (and I see his damage a bit higher than in Dhyer's topic apparently).

Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Assuming that Pamela's physical immunity blocked attached status? Think so anyway.
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV): Healing.
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile): How do I feel about equip changing these days? Match definitely hinges on this.

Middle

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Aht (Radiant Historia): Watching LoD and reading its mech guide in the past few months taught me I'd been underestimating Melbu a bit. (He's still slow, though not as slow as Snowfire suggests, and has damage issues through much of the fight... but his HP and MDef are both terrific.) Melbu has insane mdur (halves magic damage on top of his very solid HP... you just don't notice because you use physicals in-game), like... better than most of Godlike (3PCHP? + 45% magical reduction).  No way Aht has the MP reserves needed for this one, since yeah, the last form can 2HKO her. Last form also has confuse which I think is 50% (so Polaris makes it 30%, but that's another turn/MP used and it wears off). Just not seeing it.
Domingo (Shining Force) vs Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals): Desoul.
Argilla (Digital Devil Saga) vs Mathias (Suikoden V): Wind weakness on top of everything? Well then.
Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mother (Wild ARMs): Statuses him out.

Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4): Runs Alice out of SP.
Nina (Breath of Fire II) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): That draining + ID blocker.
Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon): Albert is great at tanking physicals (1.66 pdur, rises to 4.15 in dragoon). 3HKOs at worst, isn't 3HKOed back since one of those attacks taken will be as a dragoon.
Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Harle (Chrono Cross): Another really durable boss in Middle.

Light

Blastoise (Pokémon) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III): Hahahaha really?
Pikachu (Pokémon) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): No.

Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Jogurt (Shining Force): LoD sweep!
Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melody (Wild ARMs 3): Relm may block poison but uh that damage against the barrier. No.
Butterfree (Pokémon) vs Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Ice weakness! Probably OHKOs!
Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears): 3HKOs first?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:45:09 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 08:09:15 PM »
Godlike
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Genevieve (Valkyrie Profile) - dat ryu3 thing

Heavy

Shadow Maya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Cristo (Dragon Quest IV) - Kiryl vs. boss.  That'll work.
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Justin (Grandia) - I'll bite.
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV) - Think I'll go with this for now.

Middle
Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Aht (Radiant Historia) - ahaha no to Aht having the resources to pull this one off.
Domingo (Shining Force) vs Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - le ID.
Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mother (Wild ARMs) - meh
Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) - Yep.

Light
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Jogurt (Shining Force) - Congrats on beating Augst, Jogurt.
Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears) - Thinking I buy the 3HKO.  Also anti-voting something just because you think it's in the wrong division is silly <_<.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:15:26 PM by Random Consonant »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 09:33:30 PM »
Godlike

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)

Heavy

Middle

Light

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 09:52:46 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile)- Do any of Delita's forms that can have the skillset for this have Equip Changing?

Middle

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Aht (Radiant Historia)- You need to let Aht block all status fully to have a chance here. Even then, Melbu's HP...not wonderful? I mean really. Offense isnt' that twinkable in LoD. Not very good per form, but having 4 forms kind of negates that. I mean...even status blocking, she may just realistically run out of resources.

Light

Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Evade helps Tricia, but overall Frank is a bit much to bite off

...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 10:06:02 PM »
The only form of Delita that can change equips in-game (assuming that's what you meant) is his chapter 1 guest form which has no access to element protection whatsoever. Even if you give said form endgame equips, it can't use shields, so it'd have to a white robe, and I somehow doubt that's good enough seeing as all he has is the damage of his normal physical (reduced due to lack of Power Sleeve if we're scaling that way).

Delita wins this pretty decisively if you let his C4 Holy Knight guest stint equip a Flame Shield, but otherwise it's an equally clear loss.

Maybe.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 11:27:27 PM »
>_>?

Meanwhile I still have no Melbu respect because Haschel/Meru/Divine Dragoon Dart run circles around him whether it be physically or magically :P

Which game mechanic guide do you use NEB? I use this one -

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197765-the-legend-of-dragoon/faqs/55793

The character/damage section is really interesting :) Magic offence seems to do the most to Melbu for the most part despite his resistances ;o I can vouch for the author because there was correspondence between pika and others including myself on the Legend of Dragoon board for collaberation and confirmation/back up/seconding on certain results like Meru have a better dragon summon offence than Sharanda and even Haschel eventually winding up with a better damage summon than her too, relegating Sharanda to fourth for dragoon offence~

Well maybe I'm missing something but it seems like only really Kongol wants to always go physical instead of magic for Melbu. Sharanda wants magic. Everyone else wants magic too especially with D Special though Albert/Rose swing more towards physicals without Special. Dart/Haschel/Meru work either way :) Note that I do favour magic for Melbu/LoD myself : 6000 - 7000~ damage vs fiinal with Meru/Dart dragon summons with magic twinked gear + Power Up + Power Down + Dragoon Special at more regular end game levels than the ones used for max/optimum data in the mech guide.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:47:53 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
That's the one I'm using, yeah. Final dungeon average MDef is 137.5, Melbu's MDef is 250, which is a 45% reduction. Whether or not the PCs should go magic against him is irrelevant. (Although I will say, for the record, that I found physicals much more effective personally outside Miranda; dragoon summon hype doesn't hold much water for me because you'd have to keep restoring your MP.)

And I disrespect Melbu plenty too, for the record. Dude's a very easy final boss and his damage/speed are generally both extremely unimpressive overall. However, he can certainly take hits, especially magic ones, which is all he has to do here.

Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 12:50:46 AM »
Godlike

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Avalon
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - Xorn
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Genevieve (Valkyrie Profile) - Genevieve
Melfice (Grandia II) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) - Melfice. 

Timelord (SaGa Frontier) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Ghaleon.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Isolde.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) - Weisheit
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series) - Fou-Lu

Heavy

Shadow Maya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Cristo (Dragon Quest IV) - Shadow Maya.  Tetrakarn, gg no re. 
Brigette 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) - Chie.
Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Nel Zelpher (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Elliot
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Justin (Grandia) - Yuffie.  I don't allow her Clear Tranquil limit, since it's obviously a member of the forums here and outside interference is considered illegal for most.  However, Justin makes a cute frog.

Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana) - Popoi
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Pamela.
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV) - Wren.
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile) - Surt.

Middle

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Aht (Radiant Historia) - Melbu
Domingo (Shining Force) vs Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Domingo
Argilla (Digital Devil Saga) vs Mathias (Suikoden V) - Mathias.  Damn rune choices.  At least he can't hit her force weakness
Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mother (Wild ARMs) - Mother

Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) - Alice
Nina (Breath of Fire II) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Albel
Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) - Ashton
Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Harle (Chrono Cross) - Harle becomes a dragon

Light

Blastoise (Pokémon) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III) - Piccolo for freaking upgrade bait.  PiccoloAll is broken
Pikachu (Pokémon) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - I honestly think it would be amazing of an idea to rank just the trainers from each generation.  But I am alone in that.  Anyway, Pikachu wins - stupid broken plot powers of adorableness.
Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Shady (Wild ARMs 3) - Shady
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Frank

Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Jogurt (Shining Force) - Jogurt.  He likes his Spaceballs form/
Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melody (Wild ARMs 3) - Sketch I'm guess will glitch Melody out to the point where she takes extra damage with her barrier instead of reduced.
Butterfree (Pokémon) vs Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Lilianne, I suppose
Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears) - Seibzhen.  Why are you making up characters, CK?  This Rinoa does not have a battle form seen in any game, and therefore is illegal and automatically loses.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 02:05:07 AM »
Godlike

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Yeah works. Avalon is such a lucky son of a bitch to have that formchain.
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - <BizarroOK> Eyes are sexier than catgirls </BizarroOK>
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Genevieve (Valkyrie Profile) - Goes first.
Melfice (Grandia II) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) - Just slugfests better and in a way Melfice can't really handle.

Timelord (SaGa Frontier) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - fweem
Isolde Schelling (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Pile Bunker bullshit best bullshit.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) - Chris of the average damage and low Phoenix Rune 2HKO OHKOing Weissy is pretty laughable. Rank of Death's case to own Silent Lake is pretty good anyhow, and that's the clincher.

Heavy

Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Nel Zelpher (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - offense
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Justin (Grandia) - Chips to kingdom come.

Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana) - fweeeeeeeeeem
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Hilda curses all her stars for the ID being physical.
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV) - harhar.
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile) - Kneejerk is to not be crazy lenient about equip-switching shenanigans. I'm fine with giving Delita the down thumbs here.

Middle

Domingo (Shining Force) vs Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Screw Desoul, chip-chip-freeze Dekar to death on a double works fine.
Argilla (Digital Devil Saga) vs Mathias (Suikoden V) - This is a horrible manslaughter.
Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mother (Wild ARMs) - uuuuuuuh

Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) - <AliceRiebauer> WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO - *Berserk.*
Nina (Breath of Fire II) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - ID blocking+Vampiric Flash = Nina2 writes goth poetry on her Facebook status.
Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) - Albert gets borderline 4HKOed on base. After Dragoon and Rose Storm... um yeah.
Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Harle (Chrono Cross) - lol

Light

Blastoise (Pokémon) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III) - oh dear god.
Pikachu (Pokémon) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - no.
Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3) - =(
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Um Frank ignores evade. >_>

Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Jogurt (Shining Force) - The overlord falls.
Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melody (Wild ARMs 3) - Relm -never- breaks through Melody's barrier, especially if she's going for Gravity Rod stupid.
Butterfree (Pokémon) vs Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - GLORY TO THE LILYNATOR
Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears) - Sure, 3HKO first.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 01:40:52 PM »
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Generally just more respect for Isolde than Terra in an otherwise close match.

Argilla (Digital Devil Saga) vs Mathias (Suikoden V) - Screw Mathias. :(

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 04:28:31 PM »
Godlike

Timelord (SaGa Frontier) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- Not sure. This may be one of the people who actually beats the boss?
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)
vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series)- Middle vs. Godlike~

Heavy

Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Life just keeps getting lamer.
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV)- Wren plays Knight's game and is better at it.

I'm fine with giving Delita the down thumbs here.

Well you can fuck yourself too! *crosses arms*

Middle

- Just because you disrespect a character doesn't mean they automatically lose.
Argilla (Digital Devil Saga) vs Mathias (Suikoden V)- :)
Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mother (Wild ARMs)- Seifer fulfills his romantic dream?

Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- Would you like to making fuck BERSERKER

Light

Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melody (Wild ARMs 3)- This match is terribad.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 08:21:44 AM »
Godlike

Pass
Pass
Pass

Pass
Pass
Pass
Pass

Heavy

Pass
Pass
Pass

Pass
Pass

Middle

Pass
Pass

Pass
Pass
Pass

Light

Pass
Pass
Pass
Pass

Pass
Pass

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 05:03:04 AM »
Godlike

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): He has the right damage type for this, even though I don't think his durability/damage is as good as stated (GOOOO COOKING!)
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV):  Yar.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Genevieve (Valkyrie Profile): Transform and rape.

Timelord (SaGa Frontier) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): Yar.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Guess I'll go along with the crowd on this.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF): Silent Lake doesn't get psuedomagic? That's... not good for Chris in general.
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series): Breaths? I guess.

Heavy

Brigette 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4): IIRC the status from the machinegun weapon was applied even if the foe evaded. Not sure WHY, but it works fairly well as it leaves Chie with just her magic for offense.
Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Nel Zelpher (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Status blocking and general utility.
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Justin (Grandia): Chipping works, sure.

Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana): Status immunity.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Thanks god she is immune to physical ID here.
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV): Same game, better player.
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile): Boss slugging is better.

Middle

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Aht (Radiant Historia): Status blocking.
Domingo (Shining Force) vs Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals): ID or something.
Argilla (Digital Devil Saga) vs Mathias (Suikoden V): Ouch.
Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Mother (Wild ARMs): I uh think.

Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4): Yeah Yulie does this buffing thing much better.
Nina (Breath of Fire II) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): ID immunity.
Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon): Damage reductions.
Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Harle (Chrono Cross): Yeah you want healing to beat Sara.

Light

Blastoise (Pokémon) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III): Oh thats going to hurt a lot.
Pikachu (Pokémon) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Lightning defense?
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Faster.

Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melody (Wild ARMs 3): Not much respect for what Melody's barrier really is. Poison immunity saves the day!?
Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears): I think.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 05:51:41 AM »
Godlike

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- viii vs Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Xorn (Grandia III)- viiii vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV)- i
Ryu (Breath of Fire III)- viiii vs Genevieve (Valkyrie Profile)- i
Melfice (Grandia II)- i vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III)- vii

Timelord (SaGa Frontier)- i vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- vii
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- vi vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)- iii
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- iii vs Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF)- vi
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)- iiii vs Ellen Kirishima (Persona Series)- ii

Heavy

Shadow Maya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin)- ii vs Cristo (Dragon Quest IV)
Brigette 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles)- ii vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)- ii
[00:50] <CmdrKing> Hatbot: BAR SINGER or TRIAL OF THE DRAGON?
[00:50] <Hatbot> I'd choose TRIAL OF THE DRAGON, CmdrKing.
Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- iiii vs Nel Zelpher (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- iii
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII)- ii vs Justin (Grandia)- viii

Red (SaGa Frontier)- vi vs Popoi (Secret of Mana)- i
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- viii vs Hildegarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Knight (Final Fantasy) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV)- x
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)- i vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile)- vii

Middle

Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon)- iii vs Aht (Radiant Historia)- iiii
Domingo (Shining Force)- vii vs Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)
Argilla (Digital Devil Saga) vs Mathias (Suikoden V)- viii
Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)- v vs Mother (Wild ARMs)- iiii

Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts)- i vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- viiii
Nina (Breath of Fire II)- i vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- x
Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- ii vs Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon)- viiii
Sara (Breath of Fire)- viii vs Harle (Chrono Cross)- i

Light

Blastoise (Pokémon) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III)- viiii
Pikachu (Pokémon)- iii vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- vi
Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- v vs Shady (Wild ARMs 3)- ii
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- ii vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- v

Shana (Legend of Dragoon)- viii vs Jogurt (Shining Force)- i
Relm Arrowny (Final Fantasy VI)- iiii vs Melody (Wild ARMs 3)- v
Butterfree (Pokémon) vs Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- vii
Attack of the 50-foot Tall Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII)- vi vs Seibzhen (Xenogears)- iii