Register

Author Topic: Christmas/End of the year polling 2013.  (Read 2241 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Christmas/End of the year polling 2013.
« on: December 20, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »
Haven't had one of these in a while! Time for super's noisy questions. These are holiday themed but not every question pertains to the holidays.

1. What are you doing for Christmas/The holidays in general?

2. When did you find out that Santa isn't real? (Spoiler for Grefter: Santa's not real.:( )

3. Is there anything you want for Christmas?

4. Do you enjoy Christmas music? Why or why not?

5. Christmas is less than a week away. Are you expecting to get a White Christmas?

6. Do you drive? If do drive, can you drive manual/stick or just automatic?

7. The year's almost over. Did you have any goals you set for yourself at the start of 2013, and did you meet them?

8. Do you have any resolutions/goals for 2014?

9. What was the best new book/game/piece of media you consumed this year?

10. What would you rather receive: A large but not giganic sum of money, or an all expenses paid trip (This includes paying your rent back at home) around the world with one other person of your choice?

11. Do you enjoy the weather this time of year, or are you ready for spring to start? (Flip this for the godless heathens in the southern hemisphere)

12. Going to do anything special for New Year's Eve?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas/End of the year polling 2013.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »
Going to see Andy's parents this weekend. Otherwise, just home with him and our tiny Christmas tree.

2. When did you find out that Santa isn't real? (Spoiler for Grefter: Santa's not real.:( )
I wanna say I was 4 or 5? I was a pretty skeptical child. I'm also a really light sleeper. Sooo.

Relaxation.

Yes, though I can't listen to it repeatedly like I do with other music. I pretty much just go through the list a couple of times, pick out a few favorites, and ignore the rest.

5. Christmas is less than a week away. Are you expecting to get a White Christmas?
No. It might be cold enough that, were we to actually get rain during the winter around here, it would've.

Yes. More than Andrew, usually, because I'm a control freak. Sadly I only drive automatic. I've wanted to learn manual, but there are so few opportunities to do that (or use that skill).

7. The year's almost over. Did you have any goals you set for yourself at the start of 2013, and did you meet them?
I'm a failure. I should stop setting goals so I stop giving my self-loathing more ammunition.

See above. But I'd like to achieve some semblance of stability.

This year was loooooong. I don't have a clue and can't remember enough.

10. What would you rather receive: A large but not giganic sum of money, or an all expenses paid trip (This includes paying your rent back at home) around the world with one other person of your choice?
If the former would be larger than the latter, I would probably take the former. Mostly I would just clear out my debts and, if anything was left over, save the rest. I make enough money that, once that was done, I could do my own world-wide trip.

11. Do you enjoy the weather this time of year, or are you ready for spring to start? (Flip this for the godless heathens in the southern hemisphere)
I like all the seasons. I just prefer they'd change more often. Sometimes, living in California drives me mad. The weather's pretty same-y much of the year. (I know, I know, but you have no idea how disconcerting it is to have the weather be 73 and sunny 270 days a year. It's just fucking unnatural.

Nope. Probably just seeing friends, as usual.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:35:10 PM »
Spending time with family. Ciato's away until the 1st, and most of my friends are busy or away this time of year, so family definitely gets the focus.

I dunno, probably when I was around 7? I just remember it wasn't really any sort of big reveal for me, as Santa never really made that much sense even when I was a child.

Just the continued love and companionship from those dear to me.

I enjoy a little of it since it evokes some good nostalgia, especially the more traditional stuff. The type of music that plays in shopping malls I get sick of pretty quickly.

We just got snow today, so... it's possible!

Yes, manual. No in the sense that I don't own a car or intend to, hooray city living.

Not that I recall. A couple months ago I set for myself the goal of finishing the first chapter of the game I'm working on but that's probably not going to happen.

Guess that's something to think about. Overall I'm pretty happy with the way my life's going though.

Book - Plenty of good ones this year, with a special shout-out to A Memory of Light for finishing off what may be my favourite book series... but nah, To Kill a Mockingbird has this, I'm pretty sure.
Game - Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies. No standouts this year for me, so a solid Ace Attorney game is able to rise above a solid Pokemon game and claim top spot.

10. What would you rather receive: A large but not gigantic sum of money, or an all expenses paid trip (This includes paying your rent back at home) around the world with one other person of your choice?
I'm assuming the former isn't large enough to cover all the expenses of the latter, right? Then the latter.

I'm ready for there to be more than 9 hours of daylight a day again.

May try to see what some friends are doing, but probably not. I don't like parties much.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 10:37:29 PM »
Working and dodging family gatherings.

2. When did you find out that Santa isn't real?
Never thought he was.

Friends, money.  Nothing specifically material.

I don't enjoy overplayed pop songs.  Christmas music that is actual music can be great.

I can't not read that as sexual innuendo.  (if you're talking about snow, it's Texas, so no.)

Yes and yes.  Wait, what does this have to do with Christmas or New Year's?

I had goals.  They were not met.  I'm no longer sure I would have wanted them to be.  Depressing year.

No.

To Be Or Not To Be / Knytt Underground / Aku no Hana

10. What would you rather receive: A large but not gigantic sum of money, or an all expenses paid trip (This includes paying your rent back at home) around the world with one other person of your choice?
Money.

It beats summer for sure.  What little rainy season we get is the best.

Work.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »

See Ash.

I don't actually remember. Sometime in Elementary school?

Tons of stuff, but nothing special.

Ja. it just gets you into the spirit, and it is generally feel good with a war and fuzzy message.

Nope. Bay Area, bro.

Yosh. It has been a while, but I can probably still drive manual without utterly destroying the transmission.

Don't think so. Made some strides in some areas, failed in others. Progressing some still.

Finish Disquiet Episode 1, finish The Adventurers and get a rejection letter at least, get a better job, lose some weight, reach Diamond in League, monetize my blog...

It has been a long year. Let's just go with the S3 finale of MLP (Magical Mystery Cure). Stands out to me. Mass Effect 3 gets an honorable mention here, as well, ending aside.

Ash's logic works for this one.

Yeah. I prefer cold to heat.

Games with friends, prolly.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:02:04 PM by AndrewRogue »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 10:49:33 PM »
Taking time off work.

Can't remember. Probably early in primary school. Didn't have much contact with other people my age before then.

Not particularly.

Sure, if it's good. No, if it isn't. Because it's good or because it isn't good.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yes. Manual. I fear automatics for reasons which are probably entirely unfounded.

I guess I had a goal of getting a (non-portable) air conditioner before summer. Failed.

To get a (non-portable) air conditioner before next summer.

Virtue's Last Reward.

I have little to no interest in travelling the world so the former.

I hate the weather this time of year, and Autumn's weather isn't really much of an improvement.

No.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 12:06:45 AM »

Spending it wih my family at parents place because they have a pool.

Learn to spoiler text properly Super.  Also Mark may be Red and have an zing beard but he isn't Santa.
4 or 5.  Does it matter?  Also I love that you post something that will explicitly show up in a google search for this terms.  I assume there is enough out there anyway but it shows class.

A soul, food is always good around Christmas.

No.  Christmas music isn't universally without value, but what isn't completely void of musical worth is twofer by association and Little Drummer Boy is the sound that will directly cause the end of the universe.  When the human race dies out it is not because of whatever caused it, it is just delayed retribution for Katherine Davis penning this atrocity.

I will probably have a white middle class secular holiday.

Andy what do you think? I think I drive stick and wouldn't want our relationship to be at the point where it is just Automatic.

I didn't get to 80kg like we set, but doing so much weight training and getting sick in the last couple of weeks of training for the year and getting a kilo or two away is pretty good.  So I am happy failure.

Get to 30 and beyond without topping myself.  Try really hard not to have a mental breakdown full of self loathing at my complete failure to achieve anything I wanted in life so I could work for a large soulless company that weekly shows a callous lack of soul due to universal innate flaws in corporate structures that both highlight how amazing human enginuity is for getting any customer requests delivered at all and the astounding depths of incompetence, offhand callousness and lack of compassion of large groups of people towards other human beings.

Maybe lose another 5 kilos or so.

The Sword in general and Empire of the Sun's new album are the stand out new find and new Album to the year for me.  I can't remember what I played this year other than Warframe and I was playing that last year in closed beta /hipster. Payday 2 pretty great though.

Money.  I would rather do round the world couch surfing with people that would have me and travel to meet people I know than to do things in strange places with someone from home.

No.  Summer is terrible and could die in a fire if it wasn't already actually dying in a fire.

No.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:07:32 AM by Grefter »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 01:41:03 AM »
1. Housesitting for little bro, spending time with the family otherwise.

2. 8 or so? I think. Just was a hunch.

3. My car to not catch fire.

4. I enjoy Christmas music, but I've never had to work in a retail setting where dealt with it constantly.

5. No. It's snowed twice on Christmas in my lifetime, this area's too far south and too close to the water to get snow much. It looks like it will be flipping cold (48) though.

6. Alex- The reason I asked is just my mind wandering while thinking of this while driving today. And I can't drive stick, would like to pick up the habit.

7. I graduated from college and got a job, but that kinda blew up in my face. Goal for 2014: Get another job. I actually failed pretty miserably at everything besides graduating college this year.

8. Get a decent paying job.

9. A memory of light by default.

10.  Former just because of school loans. If I didn't have those I'd take the latter in  a heartbeat though.

11. It's okay. It doesn't get too cold here, so winter's easy to deal with.

12. Nope!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 01:47:13 AM »

Probably home stuff because Christmas is ironically father's birthday.

I'm Jewish so...uhh...immediately <_<?

N/A beause jewish.  if Hannukah applies, well, I already got a watch which is more than what I was expecting!

Hate it.  It's overplayed, and when it comes down to it, a lot of it is uninspired repetitive things, and several songs don't even sound festive; there were cases where I noted some of them if you took out the lyrics, they'd be some of the most depressing melodies around.

That and Christmas parody songs are even worse.  No, taking Mr. Sandman and going "Mr. Santa" is not clever or amusing, it's just dumb.

Snow's melting slowly here, so I suspect it will be at least to some degree.

Yes and automatic.

My goals were to get actually onto a path that'd help my career as a teacher, and quit Target.  Latter happened in February when I became a Substitute, and I started Grad School so...yeah, I'll say they succeeded.

Not offhand.

Probably Xenoblade Chronicles, if I had to pick one game.  Day of the Doctor was also pretty awesome even if it doesn't count as a movie, though I don't think that's the "best" (even among Doctor Who) just something memorable and recent.

Large sum of money.  I'm not big on traveling a lot, so yeah, easy for me.

Weather this year during the winter hasn't been too bad outside of one major cold snap.  It really depends on the Winter.

Sit at home and watch the ball drop, not much else.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 01:57:25 AM »
Being at home. Cooking things. Prolly gaming alot since Jenna is taking the rest of Dec and half of Jan off after today.

Can't remember. prolly 4-5 ish.

Someone else to do the cleaning after I do the cooking.

Some. The christmas hymns, some of the really classical stuff, that stuff is nice. Stuff like "Here comes Santa Claus" is terrible, and christmas pop songs can go die in a hole. So basically I do like some, but none of the shit they play in stores ever.

Bay area, bro.

Nope.

Probably set some. Probably did not meet them. Hell if I can remember now.

No, because I am incapable of actually completing something.

Uhhhh....I have no idea. Pokemon X maybe? Prolly not, it's just all that's coming to mind.

Jenna hates travelling with the fury of a million suns. So the former, sadly. Since I'd love the latter, but she would hate it and I'm not about to travel the world without her, so.

What is weather. Can you eat it.

Probably play DnD. Does that count as special?
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 03:02:14 AM »
No travel because Donna has to work, so I'm staying at home, doing a bit of work myself, and putting together the new home theater setup we got ourselves for Christmas.

I connected the dots when I was...seven, I think?

I already got a 60-inch TV and a new computer that will hook up to it. Sooooo....no?

I pay $80 to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra every year. So yes. Yes I do.

Forecast for this weekend is 70 degrees. Fuck no.

Automatic. I do nooooooot have the reaction speed for manual.

I mainly just wanted to enjoy life after a super hectic 2012. So far so good.

Not really.

The Way of Kings, probably.

Trip around the world would be great. We don't do enough travel to new places and I haven't left the country in almost 20 years.

I am always ready for spring to start. Winter is too cold, summer is too hot, and fall is the time when everything starts to die. Fuck other seasons, spring forever.

Nope.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:04:24 AM by Shale »
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 06:10:59 AM »

Gonna watch my nephews open their presents, then eat a lot

7-8ish

I need a new headset for my computer, also been looking at getting a PS3 cheap

Like most music there are some good songs, a bunch of mediocre ones, and a few truly terrible songs.

Almost certainly yes

Yes, but just automatic

I really don't set personal goals like that

See above

Book: The Lies of Locke Lamora

Game: Hotline Miami

Piece of Media: Breaking Bad, I guess?

The money

Considering it's freezing rain outside, the latter

No, but that's not set in stone.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:58:10 AM by AAA »
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 06:50:07 AM »

Family bruha.

I'm not sure I believed in santa per se, so much as I didn't question where the presents came from and by the time I cared it was fairly obvious.

Nothing I"m likely to get.

Not especially.  I enjoy music around christmas time, but the traditional songs tend to either be stupid or dreary.

Good question.  There was pretty heavy snowfall last week, then today it was 40 and drizzling all day, so a lot of it washed out.  Even if it cooled back down, we'd have to get another snowfall to patch things up to be properly white.

Automatic.

7. The year's almost over. Did you have any goals you set for yourself at the start of 2013, and did you meet them?  8. Do you have any resolutions/goals for 2014?

Taking these two together.  My only real goal I formed this year was to finish up the last classes I need by the end of 2014.  It's looking pretty unlikely at the moment though, the way class availability is falling.

hum.  I don't know that anything I watched, played, or read this year rates above an 8/10.  *skim* Oh, Memory of Light came out like the first week of January.  P...robably that then.

Depends.  If I take the money, it'd have to be enough to get a new car and pay off the rest of my classes with some left over for savings, since that would get me much, much closer to tackling trips and such on my own terms.  If it wasn't sufficient funds for that, I'd just take the trip.

ajlkalkmalkmlekaml;kmaSNOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Presumably working.  Else, not a fuckin' thing.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 12:33:25 PM »

Doing the same thing I do every year: go visit my family.

I...really don't recall. I just stopped believing one day.

While I already know what I'm getting, my true wish is to get a job I can handle and like. A fool's dream.

Yes. because I was raised on Motown Christmas songs and...church Christmas songs.

It's Texas. Then again, stranger things have happened.

Why do you want to know this?! (Yes, I drive Manual)

Yes and no, I met NONE of my goals, sadly.

I have 3: To get a job, To earn enough money to buy a new computer and other devices, and to lose weight. *sighs* I got a lot to do.

Personally? Um...I'd say LoL, but that broke my mind. So I'd say...I really don't know. (FF14 ARR I just remembered).

Darn. Hmm. If I had money, I could help out mom with her bills and I could afford what I want. But after this year, I'd like to work for my money. I'll take the trip around the world with my boyfriend, just so I can get over my overbearing fear of airplanes and I could have one last hurrah before I start working officially if I could.

Fall and Spring make me sick...so I enjoy the Winter weather.

I...well...I don't know. I haven't done anything for New Year's Eve for years.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:37:35 PM by Meiousei »

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 01:38:54 PM »

I pissed off my best friend and my family are either dead, nutjobs, or self-entitled assholes so probably alone.

Like 5? I believed in the tooth fairy until I was ten.

Crazy, stupid soccer moms to not hit my car. Happened last year.

Not really. I like Christmas movies. Fuck yeah Die Hard.

Last week was 10 degrees. Today is 52.  Monday is 13.  I have no clue.

Yes, it's drive or die.  I can drive stick but not much point with my daily commute.

Kind of. My goal this year was to not get fired/laidoff and not get robbed from my family members.

Probably more ass kissing for job advancement.

The best game I played this year was Tales of Xillia.

Money

11. Do you enjoy the weather this time of year, or are you ready for spring to start?

I don't like winter because driving on ice sucks.  I like winter because the goddamn spiders are on vacation. I don't know.  :-\

Nope

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 01:20:35 AM »
Haven't had one of these in a while! Time for super's noisy questions. These are holiday themed but not every question pertains to the holidays.

Christmas with the family.  It's the big yearly event for us, and it's stressful in the leadup but I love it dearly.

Don't recall.  My impression is that my parents never hid the fact that at least some of the presents were from them, so I guess I never thought it was a big deal.  Not a big enough deal to remember, at any rate.

Yes.

See Gate.  I dearly love playing or singing Christmas music, but approximately 100% of what you hear in malls is painful to me.

Probably not, but we can always hope.

Automati--wait, what the hell does this have to do with the end of the year?  You trying to find a victim to inherit the Jeep?

I'm sure I did.  I'm employed but also weigh more than last year, so I figure I went 1 for 2.

New job, lose weight.  Shocking, I know.

There was probably something else.  I'll put it in when I remember what.

I love it.

Church for the Christmas eve service, followed by playing trombone for caroling on the town lawn, same as every year.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »

Will be spending some time at my mum's with her and her boyfriend.

Noooooo!

... *cough* ...

Eh, I had my little sister so I kind of believed/half believed for a while trying to keep the magic going for her. Also she swore for years that we both saw Santa and the sleigh in the sky up high one time from our top floor flat window. I think I must have said that, and convinced her, and then she almost had me convinced >_> Oops. Well who knows eh? ^_~

Haven't really thought about it much. Nothing big really, will be happy with what I get from family and friends =)

Sometimes, it helps with the atmosphere/making things feel more like Christmas sometimes.

There has been snow in some places in the country but a lot of rain/flooding/gales/etc as well >_> It's not impossible it might snow where I am, but I dunno.

No, N/A

I'm still in my own tenancy, and managed to get things done to the house/garden.  Maintained good relationships/friendships mostly. Serious slacking on other things otherwise >_>

Getting more modifications to the house, and I want to lose weight, and go on holiday.

I liked Catching Fire at the movies, Tales of Xillia and Day of the Doctor too. Also cats, alll the cats~

The latter.

Not enjoying it much this year. It causes people a lot of problems too.

I'm going shopping to get groceries in. Nothing much planned otherwise. Haven't really thought about it.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »
I like talking about myself, so I'll answer these so you can choose to not read it.

http://www.playstarbound.com/

Not travelling this year, so yeah basically that, exercise, and then some socialization toward New Year's.

6 or 7?

Jack and shit. It's actually getting bothersome to answer this question from relatives, so I've started to ask them to just donate to charity because I don't really need anything.

Nah, I dislike things that get played over and over. For a month straight. I actually enjoy a lot of US pop music now because I'm not hearing it day in and day out.

Hahahaha no. Amakusa gets less snow than Albuquerque, and that says a lot.

I think Super may be having car troubles on his mind. Yes.

Two goals, finish the Heisig method for Kanji and lose weight. Failed the first because I lose all motivation to study when I'm in a bad mood, and it's been a bad year. In spirit, I met the second goal, thanks to P90X. I haven't lost any weight from when I started (still 80 kg last I checked), but have lost a lot of fat and gained a lot of muscle, so...

Pass the Japanese Language Proficiency Test N2 in July, have a short story published in a literary journal before the end of the year.

Book: Watership Down. Read it for a multilingual book club project and was pleasantly surprised by it. Quite smart (if obnoxiously misogynistic) for a children's book. 1Q84 would have taken this spot had it not fizzled out hard toward the end.

Game: The Walking Dead. Games that tell stories, WTF? Leans heavily on the Illusion of Choice to carry the narrative but that only becomes clear if you replay it or save scum, but if you do neither it's quite enjoyable.  Second place is Hotline Miami. Opposite end of the spectrum, murder simulator with terrible story.

Assuming that the second has a time limit and I can't just be a bum for the rest of my life... The first, to put toward the second. Even on a modest amount of large money (let's say $50k all at once, or to even things out $50k+whatever it takes to pay off the rest of your college expenses/student loans/debt) you can invest most of it to get a recurring income every month, buy a plane ticket and work your way through travelling the world on the remainder plus your recurring income. I'd much rather travel like that, and get a feel for each area I settle down in for a few weeks before moving on.

I hate every season except for spring. At least at this time of year I can keep veggies in the fridge for more than a couple of days before they rot.

Going to Fukuoka with a couple other people to party.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:35:56 PM by Makkotah »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 11:37:49 PM »

Spending time with mom, then dad, then the gfs family.

er, I was... 6 or 7 maybe? I think some kid at school told me I was really stupid to still believe in that kind of stuff.

A new car. Which I did not get!

I enjoy it enough. I find myself singing it from time to time.

Ha! no.

I can do both, or at least I could. Might need to practice driving stick again. Been awhile.

I was supposed to lose some weight. Instead I stayed pretty much where I started in 2013.

Lose some gawd damn weight already!

I started the Game of Throne books this year. Those are fun. Littlefinger is the man.

The world trip. The large (but not too large) sum of money seems lame and also not as extravagant.

I want snow dag nabbit!

Get drunk, unless I have to work the next day...and I do, then watch people get drunk.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion