Author Topic: GAME START Anonymous Mafia  (Read 27276 times)

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: GAME START Anonymous Mafia
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2008, 07:15:55 AM »
How does everyone who's left feel about our lynch options at this point?

Yoda or Holmes, here.  Ambivalent on Megatron, I have no reason to oppose his death other than being more certain on those two.  Strongly disagree with lynching Sparrow.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2008, 07:18:30 AM »
(1) Sherlock - Jack
(1) Worf - Megatron, Jack, Yoda
(2) Jack - Worf, Yoda, Sherlock, Megatron, Cid
(1) Yoda - Worf, Cid
(1) Megatron - Cid, Mr. T, Sherlock
(0) Cid - n/a
(0) Mr. T - n/a

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

It is one hour until deadline (Saturday 12:15am PST).

If there is no hammer by deadline, the person with the most votes upon him will be lynched. In the case of a tie, sudden death will occur.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Cid Highwind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2008, 07:21:48 AM »
Well, #$@%&% %@$#, but this is a %@^&## mess. Apart from Mr. T. stealing my &@%$#@ gimmick, my main suspect's claiming &$@%#$ doc.

First things %@$#%& first: there's a streak of %&@*$# defeatism through Jack's post that bothers me, but I gotta agree with the &@$#@% T. that lynching someone claiming %&@$#@ doc isn't in our best interest. The arguments against him are still %@$#%& sound, and he not only acknowledges this but explains most of them away by confessing to &@$#@% emotional distress. Still, it's pretty clear a %$@#$& Jack lynch ins't happenin' today, so:

##Unvote: Jack Sparrow

$@%#$& hate to have to jumpstart the &@$#@% conversation this close to deadline, but most of us are %@$#%& here right now and we'll have to make the best of it. Looks like people are falling back on $@%#&$ previous cases: Worf, Yoda, Megatron, Sherlock...I disagreed with the arguments against the &@#@$% Klingon before and still do, so that one's out. Yoda and Megatron I've expressed my &@$#@% doubts about before and I'm likely to settle on one or the other. The &@$#@% limey hasn't done much to set me off except for being &@$#@% noncommittal earlier, as others pointed out. Bears watching, but I haven't got time to do a full %@$#@& review of the topic and build a case against him. There's only a &@%$#@ hour left here and I mean to focus on cases I'm %@^$@% familiar with.

I gotta reread some $@%# and sort out my thoughts, but I'll be here 'til the &@$#@% deadline if people have any specific questions. I mean to have a vote up &@$#@% soon.

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2008, 07:28:30 AM »
A reason, do you have?

Sparrow still had that "woe is me" self-pity post that NEVER flies when you're looking to survive. This alone makes me doubt the doc claim.

Leaning harder on you (Yoda) because, well, a doc claim is still a doc claim. I've had my doubts about you from Day 1, and your disappearing act at the end of the day is pretty bad regardless of the sudden end. You also didn't really give much content today until seriously pressed to do so. Before that it was very vague and more than one person called you on it.

Off-hand on others...

Cid and Mr. T- Probably the best people around at the moment. Cohesive arguments, consistant, getting the strongest town reads on them so far.

Worf- Despite my early press on him today, also getting a town read, but leaning neutral as it depends on today's flip, whatever it might be. Rethinking, to believe the doc claim makes me doubt him slightly more, due to his pretty much gut-feeling stance on Sparrow.

Holmes- I don't particularly agree with people saying he's overly wordy. He's stuck to his guns reasonably enough. If the doc claim is to be believed, I think I would trust him more in the same way I lose trust on Worf.

Bah. Cid ninja's me on Sparrow's self-pity, but in the end, he is right about lynching the doc claim now being against our best interest. With him gone, I don't think it's happening, so I'm going with my Plan B.

##Unvote: Sparrow
##Vote: Yoda

Jack Sparrow

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »
I'm not meaning to sound defeatist, Mr. Highwind, but I consider myself a man of practicalities, a man who plans for the worst and hopes for the best.

I don't consider the realization of your own fallacies self-pity, Megatron. Cutting the bullshit and saying you fucked up is better than pansy-assing around. I don't want to die, but I'd be a goddamn idiot if I didn't realize why people would want me dead. I wanted people to know why I have acted the way I did; to not offer an explanation would be stupid.

Is there any reason my waiting to claim was so suspicious, Master Yoda? As I mentioned, I considered not saying it at all, but I felt the obligation to do so. It was a sticky position to be in I felt, and I wanted to consider my options before pulling the trigger.

Unless you mean with only two hours left in the day. As I mentioned, I thought it was Thursday. Days all vaguely blend together.

My vote stands. He's the person I feel the most comfortable with voting for.

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2008, 07:42:43 AM »
Worf or Holmes, willingly lynch I will. Bad feeling about Cid, do I have, but nothing concrete can I put together beyond the gut. Not trust Sparrow, I would either, but not willing to put it away at this point, I am.

##Unvote: Worf
##Vote: Holmes

Press the issue to survive, I shall.

Jedi Edit: Refer to the time frame, indeed I do. Put us in very poor position, it does.

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2008, 07:43:19 AM »

Do it correctly, I shall.

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2008, 07:44:07 AM »
Fuck me.

Fucking hell, seriously bold.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2008, 07:44:35 AM »
I absolutely despise a last-minute lynch decision. As has been said, even if you have a person you feel there is a case on, there's not time to build anything new. Considering the disparate opinions, a new case is what we desperately need - and, thanks to time, not what we can afford.

I -don't- support a Yoda lynch. The case against him is too rooted in personal reactions. I, like Cid, don't see a strong evident case on Holmes, and don't feel it necessary or preferable to swing on him when there are others I'm even less sure about.

With that in mind, I'm providing a vote for competing majority - I believe this puts both Yoda and Megatron at 2 votes.

##VOTE: Megatron

EDIT - And now, with Yoda's vote, it's a three-way tie.

Why Holmes? Especially if you don't trust Sparrow and are trying to survive?

Cid Highwind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2008, 07:46:08 AM »
Okay. Yoda has a lot of small %@$#@& grievances against him. Lot of 'em aren't much alone, but taken together they make him the best %@$@#& candidate around. %@$#@& disappearance near the end of day one, vague and general phrasing of arguments, overemphasis on %@$#@& joke votes--yeah, I admit people have overstated how much Yoda stressed this angle, but the accusation didn't come outta ^@%$#@ nowhere--and some logic I just flat out don't &@%$#@ agree with. Megatron's dealt with some of my &@#@#$ issues with him, Yoda hasn't. The fact that my other &@$#@% suspect is on the same train of thought &@$#@% bothers me, but I don't see another @%$#@& option right now.

##Vote: Yoda

That's &@$#@% minus one to lynch right there and we've got thirty &@$#@% minutes left. Anyone has anything to say to change my mind, now's the &@$#@% time. Well, no, the time was &@$#@% hours ago, but anything's better than hitting the &@$#@% deadline without a majority.

EDIT: New $@%$#& posts from Yoda and Jacko. Doesn't %@$#@& change much, but since Jack mentions it, yeah, acknowledging a %@$#@& mistake is somethin' that looks a &@$# sight better than equivocation. It doesn't have to come with the feeling that someone's &$@%#$ resigned himself to death, though.

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2008, 07:49:58 AM »
Still here.  Still on Yoda.  Still willing to go to Holmes.  Nothing much is changing.  I'm seeing some bad stuff in some posts ("Oh yeah if he's alive tomorrow he must not really be the doctor") but this isn't really the time.  I will add my challenge to Megatron only if absolutely necessary to avoid a no lynch.  Also, bat'leth of suspicion at Mr. T for his last post in particular, to think about tomorrow.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2008, 07:50:51 AM »
(2) Sherlock - Jack, Yoda
(0) Worf - Megatron, Jack, Yoda
(0) Jack - Worf, Yoda, Sherlock, Megatron, Cid
(3) Yoda - Worf, Cid, Megatron, Cid
(2) Megatron - Cid, Mr. T, Sherlock, Mr. T
(0) Cid - n/a
(0) Mr. T - n/a

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Yoda is at -1 to hammer.

It is less than a half hour until deadline (Saturday 12:15am PST).
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2008, 07:53:35 AM »
Why Holmes? Especially if you don't trust Sparrow and are trying to survive?

Ditto that. I still prefer a Megatron lynch by a long chalk, but (and this probably goes without saying) I'll switch to Yoda to avoid my own demise if it's still tied going into the deadline.

Jack Sparrow

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2008, 07:55:19 AM »
If he's alive tomorrow he must be scum is exactly the type of logical fallacy scum love, yes.

I believe a person has a right to prepare for their death when their neck is around the noose. It's the only time you can do it before you're a swingin'.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2008, 07:56:42 AM »
Also, bat'leth of suspicion at Mr. T for his last post in particular, to think about tomorrow.

For...?

I see Cid's point - and, as a summary, others' points - about Yoda. I do. But there is just something in me rebellin' against the idea of lynchin' a guy because a lot of small things have piled up 'gainst him. I do think the case was overstated and I -do- think that joke vote thing came out of nowhere. A lot of the disagreement still seems -personal- rather than based on what's actually happened.

I won't be the one to hammer Yoda.

Also curious who said the "if he's alive tomorrow he must be scum" thing. I must be missin' it.

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2008, 07:59:45 AM »
I'm seeing some bad stuff in some posts ("Oh yeah if he's alive tomorrow he must not really be the doctor") but this isn't really the time. 

This, I think? But yeah, I'm not seeing an origin post for that.

Who are you calling out on that, Worf?

Jack Sparrow

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2008, 08:01:07 AM »
Also, for whoever said the stuff about no lynch: There isn't a no lynch in this game, someone will be lynched no matter what.

Cid Highwind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2008, 08:02:09 AM »
Worf or Holmes, willingly lynch I will. Bad feeling about Cid, do I have, but nothing concrete can I put together beyond the gut. Not trust Sparrow, I would either, but not willing to put it away at this point, I am.

Never said I %&@$#@ trusted him. Just that there were two main points persuadin' me to put my %@$#@& vote elsewhere: 1) doc claim's always something to be careful about; 2) judging by the mass response to the claim, a Jacko lynch was just &@$#@% unrealistic even if I was totally &@%$#@ convinced his roleclaim was a lie.

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2008, 08:02:21 AM »
Because, even accounting for the weight of the bloody tangled web this is weaving, I still feel worse about Sherlock than I do about Megatron. Given the other votes pretty much split between Megatron and Sherlock, I went with the one bothering me less. Given Cid's post however, I obviously don't have much option here.

##Unvote: Holmes
##Vote: Megatron

I will say that, in plain and simple terms, the arguments on me are absolute bull. Day one ended pretty abruptly, meaning that if I wasn't around, I couldn't do anything. I've been pretty specific about my bloody points. I certianly have not been vague about the problems I have with people. And I haven't overemphasized joke votes at all. I'm not seeing how I haven't addressed any of the issues except in the event that people are incapable of reading my repeated restatements of my issues and argumentation, or are being willingly negligent of what I've typed.

Seriously. I can't make things any more clear for the lot of then I already have. I've had Sherlock as a lingering suspicion all day. There are all sorts of tangled webs, and it is actually pretty hard to vote for someone who ISN'T attached to someone I'm not suspicious of. So I have to weigh my suspicions and take the shots I've got. I wasn't feeling that bad about Megatron today. Why wouldn't I vote for someone I feel suspicious about, especially when they might go further to confirm my thoughts about another?

I'm vanilla town, by the by.

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2008, 08:04:28 AM »
##Unvote: Holmes
##Vote: Megatron

I hate bolding things so much.

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2008, 08:05:06 AM »
A doc claim Day 2 is not something I feel comfortable lynching, regardless of how I feel about the person makin' said claim. It is one of those things that will sort itself out - either doc gets NK'd or he does not and, depending on the actions of scum overnight, new conclusions can be drawn on the following day.

This.

Missed the part about no no lynch though, that's good.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2008, 08:06:17 AM »
A doc claim Day 2 is not something I feel comfortable lynching, regardless of how I feel about the person makin' said claim. It is one of those things that will sort itself out - either doc gets NK'd or he does not and, depending on the actions of scum overnight, new conclusions can be drawn on the following day.

This.

Missed the part about no no lynch though, that's good.

Uh huh. Except in that, I say either he gets NK'd -- which would definitely confirm his claim -- or he doesn't, and we take what happens overnight as evidence for the following day's proceedings. Where in that does it say that he can't be doc if he isn't killed?

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2008, 08:08:13 AM »
(1) Sherlock - Jack, Yoda
(0) Worf - Megatron, Jack, Yoda
(0) Jack - Worf, Yoda, Sherlock, Megatron, Cid
(3) Yoda - Worf, Cid, Megatron, Cid
(3) Megatron - Cid, Mr. T, Sherlock, Mr. T, Yoda
(0) Cid - n/a
(0) Mr. T - n/a

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Yoda and Megatron are at -1 to hammer.

It is 10 minutes until deadline (Saturday 12:15am PST).

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »
Also if there is no support for hammering Yoda I would prefer moving to Holmes rather than Megatron.

T - You didn't say it outright, that's just the vibe I got from that statement, seriously what else could you be meaning by "depending on the actions of scum overnight, new conclusions can be drawn on the following day"?  That doesn't actually lead anywhere else if Sparrow doesn't get killed.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2008, 08:12:48 AM »
Also if there is no support for hammering Yoda I would prefer moving to Holmes rather than Megatron.

T - You didn't say it outright, that's just the vibe I got from that statement, seriously what else could you be meaning by "depending on the actions of scum overnight, new conclusions can be drawn on the following day"?  That doesn't actually lead anywhere else if Sparrow doesn't get killed.

It would depend a lot on who gets lynched and who does get NK'd (or if there is no death at all). Whole lot of maybes. But nowhere in there did I leave only one option - nor should I, 'cause even I don't believe that if he is spared, he must have been lyin'. If he does live, he could be either. If he doesn't live, well, that puts his alignment on the table definitively via mod declaration. I didn't think it was that big a logic leap.