Author Topic: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (GAME OVER)  (Read 68621 times)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (GAME OVER)
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:24:22 PM »
Welcome, etc!

- All standard Mafia rules apply.  You should know them by now.
- No deadlines on days unless discussion stagnates.  If a deadline is imposed it will be at least 24 hours from time of imposition.
- Nights will have deadlines for action submission, for sanity's sake, usually 24 hours.  Night 0 has no deadline for obvious reasons but do try to be prompt.
- This is a role heavy game!  Take heed.  There may or may not be multiple scum groups, third party roles, roles that can cause the game to be won or lost on day or night 1 (but not night 0), etc etc.  Keep your laser handy!
- The game will begin with a "Night Zero", where no killing roles may function but many other night actions can be performed before discussion even starts.
- Vote mechanics are be a little unusual.  You may cast either a normal vote or a Smashvote on someone.  A normal vote will add a certain % damage to them.  Damage per vote = 200%/(number of voting players-1).  Unlike in real Smash, you may unvote normally and doing so will remove the damage.  No matter how many normal votes someone accrues, they will not be lynched and the day will not end until someone specifically Smashvotes them for the KO.  Under normal circumstances, a Smashvote will immediately KO anyone who is currently at or over 100% damage and end the day.  A Smashvote cast on someone who can't currently be KO'd will count as a normal vote.  You may have only one vote of any kind active at a time.

Complicated?  Not really.  This adds up to lynches working as normal for the most part - half the living players voting for someone will take them to 100% damage, then someone else Smashvotes for the hammer.

What's the difference, then?  Well, for one thing, you can continue to dump normal votes on someone beyond 100% without immediately ending the day until someone smashes.  More importantly, as you might guess, lots of roles and conditions may (read: will) play havok with this system.

This sounds needlessly complex but will be smooth once you see it in action, I promise.

- Additionally, every day phase will be played on a mod-determined stage.  The stage may or may not have gameplay effects, which may or may not be explained or left to the players to figure out.
- Town must KO someone every day, No Lynch may not be voted for.
- Have fun.  Breaking this rule will have Dire Consequences.
- Beware of stobor.
- Your co-mods are Laggy and Gatewalker.  I think.  I hope.
- Treat the mods nicely, this is a big game.
- Characters were not randomized.  Roles, however, were.  If your role and character seem to fit together well, thank you, I tried hard to invent justifications for characters having the abilities they do.
- Exception to the above:  Some people have Minor Abilities that ARE tied to their character.  These, however, are not tied to their role, and have minimal gameplay effect.

Joined the Brawl:
4. Carthrat - Ike
10. Bardiche - Jigglypuff
17. Taishyr - Kirby

In the pit with Pit:
5.  Ephraim, MetaKnight, Town Aligned Misunderstood Swordsman Doctor, was KO'd Day 1 by falling into a pit chasing Pichu!
18. Yakumo, Ganondorf, Town Aligned Misunderstood Swordsman Doctor, was modkilled Day 1 for ragequit PM post etc.
14.  QR, Pikachu/Pichu, Town Aligned Super Awesome Glass Cannon Dayvig, was KO'd Day 1 by the Pink Luigi Uppercut!
6.  Sopko, Olimar, Town Aligned Super Smash Voter, was Smash KO'd Day 1!
3. Evil Tom, aka Link, but really aka Dark Link, Scum-aligned Roleblocker Governor, was KO'd Night 1!
16. Captain K, aka Pink Luigi, Scum Aligned Daykilling Godfather, was knocked out of the park Day 2 by a joint Dedede/Ike effort!
7. Shale, aka Mario, but actually aka Master Hand, Self Aligned Poisonous Bulletproof Squeaky Clean Resilient Serial Killer, was modkilled Day 2 due to mysterious vanishment!
1. Meeple, aka Pokemon Trainer, Town Aligned Watcher, was KO'd Night 2!
13. Mad Fnorder, aka Ness, Town Aligned Tracker, was KO'd Night 2!
12. Ciato, aka King Dedede, Town Aligned Inventor, was Smash KO'd Day 3!
15. Nitori, aka Snake, Town Aligned Cop, was KO'd Night 3!
2. Excal, aka Marth, Town Aligned Vanilla Townie, was Smash KO'd Day 4!
11. Andrew, aka Toon Link, Scum Aligned Bus Driver, was Smash KO'd Day 5!
8. Strago, aka Wolf, Town Aligned Miller Vigilante, was KO'd Night 5!
9. El Cideon, aka Falco, Scum Aligned Lone Gunman Janitor Rolecop, was KO'd Night 5!
One day, everyone was Brawling, and then some people ganged up on Captain Falcon and KO'd him.  Your job is to find them.  Ready?  GO!
The game ended Night 5 in a Town victory!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 02:39:22 AM by Sir Alex »

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 1, 18 brawling)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:49:48 PM »
It is now day 1.  With 18 alive, each vote is worth 12% damage.

The stage for day 1 is Battlefield.  It has no gameplay effects.

Captain Olimar (Sopko) has a beautiful flower growing out of his head!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »
*hits Yakumo with a hammer* You! Are! UGLY!

##VOTE: Yakumo
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 09:02:12 PM »
I'd like clarification on what, if any, effect the flower has... or why it's there?

##Vote: Meeple

He must be stopped before the pokerap is sung.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 09:03:46 PM »
*hides in box*

*comes out of box...near the Rat*

It's showtime!

##VOTE: Carthrat
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 09:07:06 PM »
##Vote: Bardiche

I think it goes without saying that Jigglypuff deserves a crack in the face.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
Oh, so that's how it is? Just cause I have a dinosaur with a flower growing out of his back, you immediately assume its related to Leech Seed and thus its my fault, huh?

Personally, I blame the one who uses Flowers as a source of power, therefor...

Go Squirtle! Attack Mario with Waterfall now!!!!

##Vote: Shale
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 09:16:21 PM »
Man, don't be hatin', Kingy.  You're just jealous 'cause I got more bling than you.

Yeah, I got nothin'.  Anyway.  *kicks Marth in the teeth*  So many bad memories of fighting you...

##Vote: Excal

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 09:40:37 PM »
Your bling don't stand up to a hammer, man!

(And by the way Yaks you beat me at the con playing as Marth. So what if I've never played Smash before? :p)

Bardiche

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 10:03:57 PM »
There's only enough room for one cute, pink ball of squishy love.

VOTE: Taishyr

Shoo!

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 10:07:34 PM »
It's a pity that McCloud punk isn't around anywhere. Probably shaking in a hole somewhere with his tail between his legs. Oh well. I guess I'll just go for the next best thing.

##VOTE: El Cideon

I've got your number, Lombardi. Obviously some petty jerkass birdname-type rivalry is behind Captain Falcon's untimely KO, and I'm callin' you out.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 10:38:32 PM »
And on a slightly more serious note... uh. What's the deal with the flower, Cap'n Sopkomar?

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 10:50:18 PM »
Alright everyone, let's get things straight!  No items!  Fox Only!  Final Destination!

Wait...  someone's using Wolf?  That's like the anti-Fox!  Sword to the face for him!

##Vote: Strago

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 11:23:58 PM »
Oh my god it's a Canadian. urge to hit with hammer rising

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 11:26:23 PM »
And on a slightly more serious note... uh. What's the deal with the flower, Cap'n Sopkomar?
I'd like clarification on what, if any, effect the flower has... or why it's there?

He already answered that question, lobo.  As for what it does... well, I haven't played Brawl so I don't know about that, but didn't hitting someone with the flower rod in Melee cause a flower to sprout on their head and then they took minor poisonlike damage?  Been a long time since I even played that, so I'm not sure.  Also have no idea how that would have any effect on this game, so this is really just a whole bunch of pointless conjecture to kill time during a break at work.  

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 11:38:08 PM »
Yeah, the flower is a poison like status, which could do a few different things, the most likely of which from where I'm sitting probably being something like you need one or two less votes to smash him.  Granted, that's pretty esoteric in this system unless Alex explicitly tells us when someone is eligable for smashings given we need to very definatly pull a trigger to kill and not just pile up numbers, and who'd do that on someone who shouldn't yet be killable?

Of course, it being Olimar, it might also be related to Pikmin, who naturally sprout flowers on their head and get stronger for it.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 11:56:57 PM »
It is now day 1.  With 18 alive, each vote is worth 12% damage.

The stage for day 1 is Battlefield.  It has no gameplay effects.

Captain Olimar (Sopko) has a beautiful flower growing out of his head!

Yakumo (Ganondorf): 12% - Ciato
Meeple (Poketrainer): 12% - Sopko
Carthrat (Ike): 12% - Nitori
Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 12% - Andrew
Shale (Mario): 12% - Meeple
Excal (Marth): 12% - Yakumo
Taishyr (Kirby): 12% - Bardiche
El Cid (Falco): 12% - Strago
Strago (Wolf): 12% - Excal
Sopko (Olimar): 5% - No one

Bardiche, please format your votes and unvotes using ## in front for easy control-F action.  If they get missed in a count, it's on you.  (Don't go back and edit that one though, editing is instant modkill as usual.)

Under normal circumstances a ##Smashvote will KO anyone who is at or over 100% damage.

No further explicit information about the flower is forthcoming.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 12:05:35 AM by Sir Alex »

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 12:13:42 AM »
5% huh?  Yeah, it is working like poison.  I wonder if it'll wear off after time, or if it's stuck on for the day.  Also, if it is stuck on for the day, odds are that it'll grow stronger as the day progresses.  ie. possibly adding 5% per set time interval?  Neat little trick, and I can see how it's less esoteric now.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 12:15:25 AM »
It'sa me, Luigi!  I bear no ill will towards anyone in this game!

<b>##Vote: Shale(Mario)</b> - Mod edited to fix bold tags - Alex - double edited back to HTML tags - don't mind me.

What?  I'ma just wrestling witha my paisano!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 12:18:15 AM by Sir Alex »

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 12:16:39 AM »
##Vote: Shale(Mario)

Must remember square brackets...

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 12:21:10 AM »
It's a pity that McCloud punk isn't around anywhere. Probably shaking in a hole somewhere with his tail between his legs. Oh well. I guess I'll just go for the next best thing.

##VOTE: El Cideon

I've got your number, Lombardi. Obviously some petty jerkass birdname-type rivalry is behind Captain Falcon's untimely KO, and I'm callin' you out.

Pft. Shows what you know. I need not entertain any silly notions of rivalry just because of a name. I mean, look at it this way: I am a falcon (or some accursed anthropomorphic variety thereof). I'm quite secure in my birdiness; at best, Falcon could only try and fool himself that he's half the badass avian I am! If I was gonna kill someone here, it totally wouldn't be him. Not that I am going to do that, of course.

Now, I'm tempted to vote for this Ganondorf creature for demonstrating criminally bad taste. He's not the only one here with a dreadful wardrobe, however (what is wrong with all of you non-feathered...freaks?) and he's already been called out on it. As has the, whatchemacallit, "Pokeyman." And so, I turn my attention to none other than Luigi! All pink? My god, sir, were you dropped on your head as a youth? Jigglypuff was born pink (I can only assume), but you, sir? You can change! Maybe this will bring you to your senses!

##Vote: Captain K

On a vaguely serious note, Sopko has 5% damage on him somehow even without votes. Side-effect of the flower, perhaps?

EDIT: Ack, and the pink one ninjas me with a post. Nevertheless, my disparaging remark stands as long as his tasteless attire does.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 12:27:15 AM »
Given this, we should probably be a little careful with doing things with regards to the flower just in case it goes up on us or something. Not that it's likely to happen at all, but some % fiasco could occur.

Moving on from the flower, *taps d-pad down* Alex, I need some more information on this whole thing!
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 12:51:55 AM »
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's an unfair fight.  That moemon trainer get 3 vs. 1 odds.  It's my duty to level the playing field. First, I'll take out you!  Die Lolizard!  *pushes B*

##Vote: Meeple

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 12:59:00 AM »
Snake!  I'm glad you called.  I've got some bad news.  It seems like there are terrorists lurking around, and they might have gotten a hold of Metal Gear!

Although you don't have any deadlines on this mission, the longer it goes on for, the stronger the terrorists can become.  In a situation this wacky, anything could happen, but there are probably no more than eight enemies on the field.

Remember the basics of CQC, and whenever somebody you think is a terrorist gets over 100%, don't be afraid to smash them!

Oh, and watch out for stobor.  They can be very dangerous.

Taishyr

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 01:18:06 AM »
##Vote: Otacon Want new hat. Inhale, yum~

Wait, Otacon no fight. No yum? (;_;)

##Inhale: El Cideon

Must try. More hats, more yum~ Hats are comfy and easy to wear~

##Vote: El Cideon

Also big words are scary. HUG ME~