Register

Author Topic: The World Ends With You (PCs & Bosses)  (Read 17690 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: The World Ends With You (w/ Post Game Equips & Bosses)
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »
Not really. The same scaling/equipment rules in the DL apply in NR. Which is to say that it mostly depends on your interp, but NR/DL distinctions are irrelevant for which rules you apply.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »
Well it doesn't matter, I'll do the non-post game equips either way. I want to do the bosses first though, and I've only got a few to go. Both Kariya/Uzuki forms, the final two Kitanji forms, Hanakoma, and possibly Konishi.

Holy crap, Higashizawa is sick.

Edit: Just realized, for dueling purposes Joshua is immune to non-ranged/magic attacks when he's levitating. Also realized he takes 1.5x damage by anything that hits him while levitating, so it evens out.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:02:22 PM by RadLink5 »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 11:10:54 PM »
1.5 damage? You serious, last I checked he takes the damage the same.

Also, for Food Man's Thunderbolt, the paralyze rate seems to be 100%....
And you sure it unlocks at 55% hp? I thought it is 75%.
But I think you oversold his offence a bit. He also eats the safe zone from hell from the bottom corner. Most of his techs... just don't hit.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 11:47:48 PM »
Well, I just tested it and the Wiki seems to be wrong, he takes equal damage in the air and the ground. That helps him go from a Heavy spoiler to a Heavy tank who can spoil.

The paralyze rate is essentially 100%. It hits five times and it seems to cause paralysis roughly one every three hits. So, unless I'm missing something, altogether the attack has a ~155% chance of paralysis.
I'm sure it unlocks at 55% HP. The yellow bar of HP is the first 90% of a boss' HP (unless a reliable source sayse differently), and he unlocks the extra moves once half his yellow bar is gone.

As for most of his attacks not hitting, I couldn't seem to get away from his claw anywhere unless I used the invincibility frames from dashing (or by going invisible), and the thunder bolts hit you anywhere unless you're dashing for invincibility frames. I'm pretty sure the shockwave his punch causes hits nearly anywhere too. So all his bottom screen attacks that matter will hit. Plus, if you hide in the corner, his thunder balls of doom are much more likely to hit (multiple times) which can only help his damage.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 12:08:11 AM by RadLink5 »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 12:10:07 AM »
The paralyze rate is essentially 100%. It hits five times and it seems to cause paralysis roughly one every three hits. So, unless I'm missing something, altogether the attack has a ~155% chance of paralysis.

No, that's not how you calculate odds on multiple hit attacks with independent checks. You don't do straight addition in independent status checks. It's the same reason why two shots of 60% don't add up to 120%, it's mathematically impossible.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 12:21:46 AM »
I wasn't really thinking about the mathematical accuracy of that, sorry. >_> I just meant it's pretty much a sure thing that you're going to get paralysis from it. None of the hits guarantee it, but over the course of the five hits you always get it.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 12:52:54 AM »
Pretty sure most of hiss fist moves does not hit the bottom corner. The only exception is the swing attack, which you can only get over at the very very corner, and he can combo you with it once you get hit.
BTW, the damage of his attacks are different whether he use it alone or as a combo.

As for the hp bar, I think the first bar is like the first 2/3 or 3/4 of the boss hp, definitely not 90%
And the power up does indeed trigger at 75% hp, just check the guide for this.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 01:16:28 AM »
The move he wants most (Lightning Strike thing after Thunder Balls) is still able to hit anywhere, and I'm really not too keen on penalizing his accuracy for Punch because you can hide in the bottom corners since that makes using about half the game's pins impossible, and I doubt most people did that (and more importantly, I sure didn't). It's a matter of interpretation though.

I didn't notice a difference in damage to be honest, it seemed consistent. I don't know what you mean by combos either, he seemed to be using move after move with barely any break between them. Unless by combo you mean his Pound attack was actually a bunch of weaker Punches chained together. His only top/bottom screen combo is the Electric/Thunder Ball thing and he always chains those together.

That absolutely cannot be right, that would make his final bar a whole 50% of his HP, and the final bar always depletes to nothing in about a tenth of the time the first bar took. I'll have to fight a boss and carefully count the damage I'm doing and the affect it's having on the bar I guess, because I know he didn't get his extra moves until half-yellow, and I'm sure the green bar has less HP than the rest.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 01:24:12 AM »

If it's 1/3 chance per hit and hits 5 times, that's 87% chance overall.  Nowhere near 155% and also not 100%.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 01:34:20 AM »
That absolutely cannot be right, that would make his final bar a whole 50% of his HP, and the final bar always depletes to nothing in about a tenth of the time the first bar took. I'll have to fight a boss and carefully count the damage I'm doing and the affect it's having on the bar I guess, because I know he didn't get his extra moves until half-yellow, and I'm sure the green bar has less HP than the rest.

Just to let you know, he stands up when the power up happens.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 01:45:23 AM »

If it's 1/3 chance per hit and hits 5 times, that's 87% chance overall.  Nowhere near 155% and also not 100%.

Yes yes, I know, I know, it's not 100%, so I'm not even sure how to list it, it's never once failed to paralyze me in one of its five hits, but each individual hit has failed to paralyze me on occasion.

Just to let you know, he stands up when the power up happens.

I know he does. Wait, when we say power up, we mean getting his extra attacks, right? I never noticed his damage increase.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 01:47:46 AM »
Yes yes, I know, I know, it's not 100%, so I'm not even sure how to list it, it's never once failed to paralyze me in one of its five hits, but each individual hit has failed to paralyze me on occasion.

If it's 1/3 per hit, then list it as 1/3 per hit and 87% overall.  Not hard.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 01:52:48 AM »
That's... entirely missing the issue. I'm not sure if it's 1/3 per hit, or if it's 100% and only which hit gives you paralysis is random. I thought it was just 1/3 chance per hit, but again, it's never missed over the course of the five hits, and Niu's claiming the guide calls it 100% paralysis.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 02:20:07 AM »
That's... entirely missing the issue. I'm not sure if it's 1/3 per hit, or if it's 100% and only which hit gives you paralysis is random. I thought it was just 1/3 chance per hit, but again, it's never missed over the course of the five hits, and Niu's claiming the guide calls it 100% paralysis.

Well then that's another story altogether, yes.  I was under the impression that you knew it was 1/3.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 02:42:52 AM »
Ok, so the Boss guide on GameFAQs is calling it 100% paralysis too, so I'll go with that. Which effectively makes him PC devourer extraordinaire since he can just spam that until they die and they'll never get a turn.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2008, 02:52:54 AM »
Ok, so the Boss guide on GameFAQs is calling it 100% paralysis too, so I'll go with that. Which effectively makes him PC devourer extraordinaire since he can just spam that until they die and they'll never get a turn.

...PCs can block paralysis you know.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2008, 02:57:26 AM »
Yeah, but that's not exactly a super common trait among PCs. I'm generalizing, relax, you seem so intent to pick at everything I say. >_>

So I just found out Sho 2's Regeneration actually heals him on both screens, giving him 66 HP regen (for all the good that does).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 03:02:11 AM by RadLink5 »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2008, 03:11:56 AM »
Yeah, but that's not exactly a super common trait among PCs. I'm generalizing, relax, you seem so intent to pick at everything I say. >_>

Sorry, but the term "PC killer" annoys me to no end, and paralysis isn't all that rare.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2008, 07:41:22 AM »
I know he does. Wait, when we say power up, we mean getting his extra attacks, right? I never noticed his damage increase.

Yes.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2008, 08:59:12 AM »
Note for RadLink: -where the hell are Neku's damage and skillset figures-? I have no idea why an oversight this big has gotten past the radar. I know that TWEWY's system regarding Neku is pretty complicated, but it's a glaring oversight, particularly when you're hyping him for High Godlike and you have practically no notes on him whatsoever.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 12:14:28 PM »
The stats aren't there because I'm still missing a pin for the set he probably wants most of the time, because they're easily the most complicated (and ridiculously high) damages in the game, and because I'm till trying to figure out which pins he wants the most. They will get up soon, it's not an oversight. Probably after the last of the bosses and before the non-post-game equip stats.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »
Okay, usually I wouldn't do this, but...

This topic is getting a lot of attention, which is good!  Unfortunately, some of it has been inflammatory.  Please do stop that.  It has no place in a stat topic, and generally detracts from the fun of it.  Be nice to people. 

Thank you
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »
The stats aren't there because I'm still missing a pin for the set he probably wants most of the time, because they're easily the most complicated (and ridiculously high) damages in the game, and because I'm till trying to figure out which pins he wants the most. They will get up soon, it's not an oversight. Probably after the last of the bosses and before the non-post-game equip stats.

Ah, so at least you do intend to get those stats? All right. Just a friendly reminder, though, you may want to collect the info first and -then- post it, or, if that's absolutely not possible, at least leave a disclaimer on the data missing. Leaving relevant info out of a stat topic is generally not great practice, and you'll want to avoid it in future works.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2008, 05:42:05 PM »
Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind next time. Probably would have been better to just not include Neku in the topic for so many reasons.

And yeah, I intend to get the Neku stats, I just can't right now since the pin I need is going to require me to up his stats a lot and then I won't be able to get accurate boss stats so I wanted to do the bosses first I've only got three boss fights left though.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2008, 08:23:05 PM »
Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind next time. Probably would have been better to just not include Neku in the topic for so many reasons.

Nah, leaving Neku out of the topic makes the averages not very accurate.  I suspect that after Neku's factored in, Joshua is going to stop 2HKOing, which hurts him.