Author Topic: Anony Sci-Fi Mafia - Game Over  (Read 28577 times)

Nimitz

• Psychic Spacecat
  • Denizen
  • I see you like Suikoden!
    • View Profile
Re: Anony Sci-Fi Mafia - Day 4: A new hope
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2008, 08:02:10 PM »
No, there is no serious flaw in your logic and reasoning that I can see, Ah-Nuld.  Moreover, the recent behavior of the suspects, in addition to behavior over the course of the game has led to increased suspicion on the figure known as Gandalf.  As such, I have no compunctions with joining you on this and ending these debates.

##Vote: Gandalf
Be afraid of Psychic Cats.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: Anony Sci-Fi Mafia - Day 4: A new hope
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2008, 01:50:00 AM »
Gandalf fell to the ground, dead. In his robes the doorkey were found, along with some cake crumbs and a scroll entitled "How to make friends and kill them in their sleep". The remaining good guys mourned their friends and celebrated their victory, and all was well.

Gandalf, Mafia Roleblocker, was lynched.

The Town has won the game!
Congratualations ^___^

Full setup, role PMs, night actions etc. to follow.

This thread is now open to discussion by all.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Bardiche

Re: Anony Sci-Fi Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2008, 01:52:14 AM »
Well that was unsurprising.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2008, 01:56:00 AM »
Role PM
[You receive an invitation from a messenger inviting you to some kind of conference, along with many other powerful beings and warriors, in order to forge an alliance in these troubling times. You are lured by the promise of cake. Upon arriving you are ushered into a grant and heavily guarded building. You are seated at a large conference table along with many other strange beings. Interpreters have been provided]

Welcome to the Inter-galactic Planetary Science and Diplomacy summit. Thankyou for attending this conference held here at the Black Mesa Forum, we are pleased to be able to offer such a diverse range of views from a large number of speakers, and- [lights flicker] -... oh don't mind that, they're just activating the Large Hadron Collider down in the secret research undeground facility underneath this conference. Don't worry, they've assured us that it's perfectly safe, but- [lights go out; you hear some crashing sounds and several screams]

[the lights return to normal, but the summit staff and security all lie dead. Also, the doors have been locked and the guards' keys are missing. What's worse is that the cake is gone...]

Setup
Town
1. Doctor
2. Nurse
3. Miller
4. vanilla
5. vanilla
6. Vanilla
7. vanilla
Mafia
8. Godfather
9. Roleblocker

The mafia member who made the nightkill had their power deactivated for that time. Ie. you could not roleblock + NK, and if the GF made the NK, he wouldn't be a GF for that night.

I'll let people nameclaim.
Role PM's in following post.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2008, 01:58:35 AM »
Victoly~ and stuff.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 02:01:22 AM by Carthrat »
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2008, 02:00:37 AM »

The White Witch

You might seem cruel and cold-hearted.. that's because you are. But you realise that working together with these other strange creatures is the only way forward, and so you're going to do your best to make it work.

You are a member of the Town. You win with the town when all threats to the town are dead.

You are a Nurse. In the event that a Doctor dies, you will be promoted to Doctor.

The Terminator

You're a reprogrammed Terminator like the one from the second movie, widely regarded as the best of the Terminator movies. While this means you are not allowed to kill people on your own initiative, it does afford you the ability to discuss and use your newfound political skills. However, this is one occasion there you don't want votes.. hasta la vista, baby.

You are a member of the Town. You win with the town when all threats to the town are dead.

You are vanilla town.

Jabba Desilijic Tiure

You are a 600-year-old Hutt crime lord and gangster. You may be an evil slug, but that doesn't mean you're not smart. This kind of alliance is exactly what you need to further your criminal empire. With your retinue of criminals, bounty hunters, smugglers, assassins, and bodyguards that you've brought along with you, you can choose to protect one member of the summit every time the lights go out.

You are a doctor.

Rincewind the Wizzard

The University may not have accepted you, but another group has found a use for your... 'talents'. In exchange for protecting you, you've agreed to infiltrate the summit and do what you do best - cause a disaster. The Organization that hired you chose you for this mission because nobody would expect you to be the criminal mastermind in this operation. Also, you're quite good at running away.
First and foremost, neutralize everybody in the room. Preferably when they're not looking. Then destroy the experiment downstairs! Oh and steal the cake.

You are a member of the Mafia. You win when all the non-mafians are dead.

You are a Godfather. You will lose this status while you make the nightkill if you choose to do so.

Master Wookie
(translated from Shyriiwook)

There are some bad people here! You should rip off their arms! But don't make your friends angry. You'd better discuss it with them first.

Gandalf the White
Almost everyone here is an agent of the Dark Lord! You must destroy them all! Your ally is a fellow wizard, AndrewRogue. Everyone else must die! Good thing you have your magic to block out their evil powers.

You are a member of the Mafia. You win when all the non-mafians are dead.

You are a roleblocker. If you choose to make the nightkill, you may not use this power.

Nimitz

You need to use sign-language to communicate with these fools, but you'll have to do your best in order to continue developing inter-species relations. Everything is riding on it!

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2008, 02:06:01 AM »
N1:
Jabba protects Terminator
Gandalf NK White Witch
Rincewind = GF

N2:
Jabba protects Nimitz.
Gandalf NK Nimitz (protected)
Rincewind - GF

N3:
Jabba protects Gandalf
Gandalf NK Jabba

It's interesting to note that Mafia decided to forego the roleblock every night in favour of Godfather.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2008, 02:09:01 AM »
CARTHRAT EDITED HIS POST WE MUST LYNCH HIM. Seriously, I was going to question that "Town is doing good lately" comment (since town lost the last two games), but suddenly it vanished.

Anyway, I don't think people had much trouble guessing who I was. After a while I just stopped trying to make my posts not overlap with those in Geass mafia. John Freeman pointing out the parallel to the previous anonymafia seriously had me worried for a moment (my reaction was something like, "Oh shit. For once I don't spazz out as a townie, and I might get lynched for it,") but Gandalf (Bard?) fixed that.

On a related note, whoever picked John Freeman is a fucking GOD just for picking John Freeman.

Fun note: I'd started to think that Gandalf actually was a watcher, just a scum watcher who was bullshitting his observations. It just seemed like that would fit with the setup. Oh well, at least he was scum.

Bardiche

« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2008, 02:12:40 AM »
Yeah, I was Gandalf. I'm terrible at hiding my identity.

To be fair, around Day 3 I don't think either of us really believed we could actually win anymore.

I know I didn't. Why I chose Freeman over Terminator last day? Eh, I didn't want to go for the one that already had support, was curious what'd happen if I went for Freeman.

Turned out to be fun, too.

I was sure Nimitz with his intelligence was breadcrumbing to be Cop, and Terminator was breadcrumbing Watcher with "MY EYES ARE TRAINED ON YOU LOLZ".

Turns out the Town had fantastifailure roles and yet, scum still fucked ^. Jesus, I should've claimed Cop. XD

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2008, 02:15:52 AM »
Actually Cid, out of the few people who guessed at who you were, nobody got it..
And CId, you got 100% of your nameclaim guesses correct :| nice job.

Actually Bard, I'm not sure anyone guessed you..

I think everyone guessed Carthrat XD

And yes, a cop claim would have been epic.

Bardiche

« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2008, 02:21:55 AM »
Just dropping this note beforehand.

If we get a game rolling again and I am scum, I am -so- fucking claiming Cop regardless of the consequences.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2008, 02:22:55 AM »
You better not actually get cop next game, then. >_>

Bardiche

« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2008, 02:24:49 AM »
What're the odds?

I've been Cop, Multi-Voter, Scum Roleblocker and Scum Roleblocker now.

Logic dictates I become GODFATHER next time around.

AnonyMafia turns out to be heaps more fun than regular Mafia. Maybe we should run a few more variants of normal Mafia just to uh, get some diversity?

Maybe Kingmaker or CopTown or something.

Also, wait, El Cid was Terminator? ffff I was sure Alex was the Terminator.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2008, 02:28:03 AM »
Mang I suck at being anonymous in this kinda game, though. At least it stops me metaing. Sort of.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2008, 02:29:08 AM »
or CopTown or something.
I actually made a point of having no investigative roles here. I got sick of games where it consists of "cop says this". Well, in theory. I think this is more fun. Obviously it won't work again straight away, since the cat is out of the bag.

Bardiche

« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2008, 02:33:45 AM »
CopTown is where EVERYONE but scum is Cop... But sanity going ballistics. The point in CopTown is that Scum must fabricate Cop Results, while Town must piece together eachother's results and try to determine each other's sanities.

For example.

A = Sane Cop
B = Insane Cop
C = Paranoid Cop
D = Naive Cop
E = Scum

Everyone checks B.

A says B is innocent.
B says B is scum.
C says B is scum.
D says B is innocent.
E says B is scum.

Lynch abstain.
Everyone checks E now. (D died)

A says E is scum.
B says E is innocent.
C says E is scum.
E says E is scum.

Abstain from lynch.
Everyone checks A now. (B died)

A says A is innocent.
C says A is scum.
E says A is innocent.

Now A knows their own alignment and knows he is Sane.
C should know that he is Paranoid because he flips scum everytime.
E is a liar and should fabricate something.

It's actually quite interesting, I've only seen it run once.

Kingmaker plays by different rules where one person pulls the shots and is the sole vote for lynch, with Mafia still trying to get town killed and town being impeded by the fact the only power role is Hero.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2008, 02:34:51 AM »
We actually call that 'Dethy', and it's boring.

I didn't actually think town was all that uber-reliant on investigative roles here but ok?

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2008, 02:36:08 AM »
Gonna second Dethy as boring. Its a logic game, and that's all.

Bardiche

« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2008, 02:41:16 AM »
I found it rather interesting, the one time I did see it being executed somewhere. I guess it's more fun to watch than to play, but oh well. Each their own.

AnonyMafia works well, though. Really well. It's as much fun to play as it was to read the first AnonyMafia, particularly because figuring out who's who is half the fun! (i didn't dare send in guesses to EvilTom, but I thought:

White Witch - Carth
Jabba - Kilgamayan (admittedly a wild GUESS)
Freeman - I had no clue.
Terminator - Alex (who'd need to be tsundere for Mafia for this to work out)
Wookie - Deltaflyer (i don't think ANYONE couldn't tell... part of me wanted to pretend to be him)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2008, 02:50:04 AM »
Also, wait, El Cid was Terminator? ffff I was sure Alex was the Terminator.

Surprise!  John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman, reporting in.  

Rat IM'd me after he died and guessed who I was immediately, so I figured everyone knew.

I loved this game.  Would've loved it even if we'd lost.  Great setup, great play past the early roadbumps, great fun all around.  Big props to Tom and the players!

As far as variants go, I've been thinking of a few, but those are probably best discussed in the general topic.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2008, 03:01:41 AM »
Actually Cid, out of the few people who guessed at who you were, nobody got it..
And CId, you got 100% of your nameclaim guesses correct :| nice job.

Actually Bard, I'm not sure anyone guessed you.

Rat poked me on IRC after he died and said "I like your Arnie impression" or something like that. So yeah, someone did get it. (I played dumb because I don't like discussing active mafia games with dead players. Seriously, people).

And I didn't guess Bard as Gandalf until the game ended and he made his "As expected" post, yeah. Didn't have a clue who Jabba was, either. Rat/Excal/Alex/Ciato/Delta/Andy were my correct guesses (for the latter three, even before they made it clear who they were). Rat is Rat, I can't qualify what made me guess Nimitz = Excal (just felt right), John Freeman = Bizarro Alex was a wild hunch that I went with in spite of it making no sense, Mace Windu's "Argh, to hell with this" post was pure Ciato (I had the metagaming going on and thought it was scum Ciato hating playing scum. Oops), Delta was apparent just from his avatar, Andy I suspected just because he's been rereading Discworld books.

I'll second Bard's notion that anonymafia is more fun than normal mafia. Adopting another persona makes it vastly easier for me to play differently (you know, not like a total flake).

Actually been meaning to run one of these myself (minimal power roles for the love of god) but intended to wait until there was a lull in mafia for a while. SS mafia kinda made me need to take a break from modding.

EDIT: Again, props for making me laugh my ass off, Alex. Mafia needs more of that.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2008, 04:13:48 AM »
THE DALEKS REGRET MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXTERMINATE... EXTERMINATE REPRESENTATIVES OF SEVERAL OTHER SPECIES.  HOWEVER, THE DALEKS WOULD NOT BE SATISFIED UNTIL ALL MEMBERS OF DESIGNATE: TOWN AND DESIGNATE: MAFIA HAD BEEN EXTERMINATED.

GLaDOS

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2008, 05:08:11 AM »
I don't know who you are or what you're doing here, but I'm glad we have stairs at the Apperture Science facility.
The Enrichment Center is committed to the well being of all participants. Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2008, 05:14:07 AM »
Btw GLaDOS was my NPC just there for storyline.. I don't know who Daleks is..

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2008, 09:21:36 AM »
I have never been scum. And i have only twice (In 17 games of mafia) Had a special role. IM BORED!
Do I really look like I have a clue?