Author Topic: Incompetent Mafia - GAME OVER (Game Topic)  (Read 47240 times)

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Incompetent Mafia - GAME OVER (Game Topic)
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2008, 03:43:17 AM »
Good game, we were so close.
On my part Rat i thought you were 3rd party and not scum, thought better to have you around night 3 so we could use you to hopefully peg off another scum.
Hence the investigation night 3 so i could be positive on day 4.
Also.......why did Delta lie about his target night 2?

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2008, 03:44:25 AM »
Maybe he read the wrong PM and thought he was a JesterDoc.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2008, 03:44:39 AM »
Good job, scum friends. Narrow victoly!

As far as my own play, yeah. I... can't really defend it. Especially that opening joke vote. I r dumb. The first half of the game or so I was pretty obviously playing like an idiot. Eventually I seem to have fixed my performance, though. I mean, Soppy did peg the entire scum crew apart from me. ^_^

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2008, 03:45:31 AM »
So Tom...... it was OMGus?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2008, 03:47:36 AM »
Winner!

Personally I don't think the game was stacked in scum's favour at all. There was a lot of us, but we could die easily, we couldn't vote etc. etc. and Rat's ability seemed like it was rigged to hit us. We only used it when it was statistically in our favour, but alas.
Half our scumroles were liabilities, as we saw with Xanth getting copped, and Alex being unable to vote in his own defense. We almost got away with that too, if it wasn't for you pesky kids and that damn Andrew.
I was fairly confident I wouldn't get protected by a doc. But the doc was delta! And he said he protected me. How strange.

GJ to smodge, he did fairly well considering.

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.   lol
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2008, 03:49:26 AM »
So Tom...... it was OMGus?
Not really; you're always doc or cop, so I thought I'd better start building a case on you from early so I could be justified in lynching you later :P
I almost got away with that too. We missed out by 23 seconds.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2008, 03:51:01 AM »
yeah, got to admit when i'm doc or cop i have uncanny accuracy though.

Scum all 3 nights ^_^, then again it was a scum heavy game.

Man if Delta had really docced Tom >.>

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2008, 03:52:15 AM »
Smodge you played really well.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2008, 03:52:54 AM »
Yes, I did a double-take when Delta claimed to have protected Tom.  I had to doublecheck my PMs to make sure that *I* hadn't made a mistake.

And yeah, I did miss Soppy as a good Town player as well.  What can I say, Delta kind of stands out.  <_<  >_>

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2008, 03:54:16 AM »
Thanks, still wish i had pushed for Eviltom at the end, i was building a cas eand everything.
Sopko did great with that switch
Andrew definately saved the day as well.

Owel at least there's one bright side.
Alex i finally got people to lynch you for once.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2008, 03:55:06 AM »
The game could have been a landside in either direction at any time. If our sniper had hit town N1, we could have probably come close to winning right there.
If I'd been docced on top of Xanth being copped and us killing each other, town wouldn't have had to do anything.

Out of 4 scum dead, one of them was lynched >.>
One was killed by the cop, two by scum.
Craaaazy.

Oh and yeah. We thought that Rat was screwed day 2, but we held out just in case. Delta was the only one that had it right, which probably gave everyone else second thoughts XD

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2008, 03:55:18 AM »
I liked Smodge's play as well. I wanted to scream when he claimed cop. Lurked the entire endgame of day 2 in hopes the lynch would go through anyway.

I LOVE INVISIBLE MODE

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2008, 03:56:31 AM »
I LOVE INVISIBLE MODE
Mandatory.
Not having it got Xanth killed!

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2008, 04:01:22 AM »
Yeah but anyone who uses the argument "i saw you online all day and posted nothing" would get lynched so fast.
Only reason it worked in Toms case was because there were multiple lurkers.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2008, 04:06:15 AM »
Day 2 was a pretty big debacle all around.  Captain K is right about what I should have done - if we'd known what was going to happen.  What we THOUGHT would happen, though, the instant we saw Remo outing Rat, was that Day 2 would be about 2 or 3 hours long and consist of a summary Rat quicklynch.

Which I can't participate in, since I can't vote with the other scum.

And I can't skip out entirely and not post, unless the day ends REALLY fast, and even then I'd probably fall under some suspicion.

Hence, I go back to my Delta case, vote him, and then claim to have not been around when Rat's lynch goes down.  Right?

.... Rat's lynch is going down, right guys?  Right?

Yeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

Once we saw town (somehow, miraculously) wasn't lynching Rat, we were in a bit of a quandary, since at that point I can't plausibly get off of Delta, but no other scum can get on him, so he can't actually be lynched, and you see where this is going.  We still came within 30 seconds of getting the Smodge lynch via underhanded treachery, but Andrew saved the day there.

Granted, we could have set up a Rat bus anyway, but that seemed silly because of the potential gain IF we managed to somehow get a townie lynch out of the day, and the fact that Rat was our MVP.

"What?  But Captain K said Rat's power was a trap!"

Well, yes... if you know the whole setup.

Sure, with the numbers the Captain gives, don't use Rat's power, scum have an easy time.  IF our nightkill isn't blocked.  IF Xanth and Tom's death conditions don't trigger.  IF nothing else happens.  But we scum don't know the setup and we have no way to know any of that.  All we know is that we're at a disadvantage rolewise.  What if town has a vig who chooses to believe Remo?  What if town has more than one vig?  What if town has roles that manage to block all our kills?  (I've been in that particular situation as scum too often!)  What if Xanth and/or Tom die immediately?  What if multiple cops start outing multiple scum?  (Which is almost what happened!)  What if any and possibly all of this happens at the same time?  

Insert the possibility of how badly town roles can carve us up over a few nights, and Rat's ability suddenly starts looking pretty good.  We really expected town to have at least one vig and to be capitalizing on cop results and Remo's role from the get go, with possibly three scum dying night 1 not counting a possible Ratkill.  Even if, we theorized at the start of the game, even if he kills a couple of scum, that's still not all bad as it sets him up with a pro-town vig claim to use at endgame, and 4 out of the 5 scum he can hit are liabilities in the day or prone to sudden death at night anyway.  And as you can see, the vig claim is actually what wound up happening, and helped divert the final lynch.

Not that we really needed it with Delta claiming scum, as Andrew pointed out.

It was an interesting game.

Props to Smodge.  I was raising an eyebrow at him most of the way through the game, but it turns out he was a cop doing exactly what he should be doing.  Maybe claim the result a little earlier, in a game like this, but it worked out for him the way he did it.

Wall of text warfare drags game, kills town, etc etc.  Succinct rules are good.  

16 new replies, posting and then editing.  Including I see Rat posting all of this in Succinct style.  Ah well!

Hugs!
Edit2 - Soppy calling pretty much the entire scum team dead on was amazing and big props to him too.  More hugs!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:10:41 AM by Sir Alex »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2008, 04:08:46 AM »
My thought process, even though I mostly outlined it in my scumpost, went like this:

Watched smodge since I was suspicious of him, since he seemed like someone who would take the nightkill.

Instead, I see him go to Alex's house and insta-votes him the next day. I figure him for Cop, but I couldn't be sure, so I just leave him out of my arguments and try to downplay any suspicion on him. About midway, the way the arguments were going I figured smodge WAS a cop and Alex came up scum.

For Rat, my ENTIRE OPENING POST was dedicated to him and I never really let up on him... I was just that sure on Delta who was playing damn scummy no matter how much you want to try to defend him.

Tom got tied in because I'm sorry, his voting practices were NOT something town Alex would approve of. Combine that with the constant headpatting Alex was doing, as well as... well, I can't remember the reason I tied Rat to them, but in addition to the Remo post, the three of them definately felt tied together somehow.

Xanth was the one I was least sure of. Alex's case on him was fairly compelling, but it felt more like Delta would be the one he'd be bussing for town cred. However, the massive walls of text with little real input convinced me.

I was pretty sure on the 5. The only thing I wasn't sure on was if there were more scum. If I was right and it was up to 8, I figured it'd be between Andy and Strago. It felt like cheating though to list 8 people, since I'd made the argument against Alex. So I dropped the one that I felt was more townish.

Good job, Strago. If I'd payed more attention, I'da got ya. But that vote on Alex seemed like an honest mistake and it WAS, and thats why I discounted it as evidence against you... honesty kills scumdar.

Note to Lady Door: If you're gonna say I was breadcrumbing something important, you'd probably want to read my posts and figure what it was. I tried my best to breadcrumb smodge by pointedly ignoring the possibility of him being scum, and that he wasn't even on my list of suspicions was a big giveaway. Strago being the one killed that night hurt it's credibility though.

Other than that, hat's off to scum. They did a really good job of turning things against me and getting people to absolutely ignore what I had to say. Especially Tom and Rat. I realize I could have done it better, but the game felt stuck and I got frustrated.

Also hat's off to smodge. You tried your best, man. I was behind ya, but Day 2 was just too early to start roleclaiming. Maybe it woulda helped after all.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:10:42 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2008, 04:23:26 AM »
Quote from: Tom
Mandatory.
Not having it got Xanth killed!

This probably actually saved you, though. If Smodge had investigated you, your lynch would've been done that day, we'd still be stuck hunting for a doc, and Smodge would've hit me or Xanth the following night, I'm certain.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2008, 04:55:55 AM »
I still can't believe that delta didn't doc the cop. I mean, we had no way of knowing he would be unprotected so we chose the right course of action, but still.
Thanks Sop ^^

LD:
By the way, Tom floating the random "there's a doc" with no logic to support why he would think that based on what had happened (and not answering the two times I'd brought it up previously, nevermind the third because I grok the timezone problem)? Convenient! Look, his story matches Delta's!  :P
I am the Town Doctor, I can protect anyone I wish at night.
Ignoring the whole "there might be a doc" "hay guyz im a doc" thing for a minute;
##Vote: Delta
I'd actually set it up so that if town was against lynching delta and were suspicious of my vote against him, I was going to counter-claim doc. I was pretty sure that if it came to that, town would believe my doc-claim over delta's. I used things such as dropping hints about doc in order to breadcrumb, if needed.
But it wasn't, 'cos delta got himself lynched anyway without me ever needing to fakeclaim ^^

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2008, 05:12:08 AM »
Eh, Doc'ing the Cop the night he roleclaims isn't that great an idea.  It's too obvious, which is why Scum won't hit the Cop that night.  Next night, sure.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2008, 05:22:16 AM »
WIFOM ##Vote captain :P

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2008, 05:31:39 AM »
##EXTERMINATE:  EVILTOM

DO NOT FIGHT THE MOD.  YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2008, 06:04:18 AM »
The Daleks Just killed Dread Thomas, could they be scum?
Or maybe their Jesters

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2008, 06:28:05 AM »
Two mislynches and scum kills its own team-members twice and it was stacked against scum?

:o

*reads to figure out how everything broke down*
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Remo

• Denizen
  • As wet as you want to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2008, 06:43:05 AM »
Ok I wasn't really trying to get myself lynched on the first day, but I guess I didn't really mind when it happened?

Too bad the clue I gave was more or less ignored by everyone, wtf.

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2008, 06:45:42 AM »
Why did everyone assume we would automatically go with what Remo said?

He flipped Stool Pigeon, which could have meant ANYTHING.

He vaguely said "beware Carth." It was obvious there was a vig power or some extra kill role -- and I don't remember the last time Mafia got their NK and an extra kill power. "Beware Carth" + vig in town + what the hell kind of information did Remo get anyway (people who made kills? random name from a list? visible scum? what?) = okay, thanks, we'll keep that in mind, moving on.

Plus, guys.

Town had Delta. We all see what happened there. :P

Plus... double-edged Town rolecop? That's just mean when almost half the game is scum anyway. :(

Soppy: I am totally blind to breadcrumbing. Seriously. Be glad I've never gotten an important town role because I sure as hell would be failing at leaving clues for town. I don't read it in other posts because of the WIDE variety of things someone could be breadcrumbing for, so... yeah. Never crossed my mind.

Tom: I noticed you hinting at the doc heavily, but I honestly thought it was to support delta's claim rather than make a counter-claim. There was no space in my mind for Delta not being scum at a certain point. I actually almost wrote, "If Delta is town, we're all screwed anyway" at some point because his play was so hard to read and take seriously.

Man.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots