Author Topic: DIE SUPER!!! - G'morning, 2009!  (Read 238009 times)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Re: Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows: G'morning, 2009!
« Reply #1350 on: August 21, 2009, 03:47:25 AM »
Fucking Newark. Fucking Continental.

So I get to the airport early and they make me wait in this long line for like, 5 whole minutes. Then after getting my boarding pass I had to stand in ANOTHER fucking line. So then I finally get to the gate, right? Wrong. Because I was early, decided to eat, then I had to wait an entire half an hour until they started boarding the flight. We were totally on time until some other douchebag airplanes were in front of us, delaying our take-off time by five minutes.

Then when we were in the air, they shoved a fucking sandwich, chips, a drink and a twix bar in front of us when we didn't even ask for one. Can you believe that shit? I had to drown myself in the free Scrubs episodes that I could call up on the individual TVs every seat got in order to get my mind off that travesty. At the very least, my own headphones worked on it, so I didn't have to have my wallet and mind further raped by having to buy their shitty headphones, haha.

So yeah. Fuck Newark and fuck Continental.May I never have to fly out of there again.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 21, 2009, 03:51:56 AM »
Points for effort, at least.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 21, 2009, 04:35:57 AM »

So I get to the airport early and they make me wait in this long line for like, 5 whole minutes. Then after getting my boarding pass I had to stand in ANOTHER fucking line. So then I finally get to the gate, right? Wrong. Because I was early, decided to eat, then I had to wait an entire half an hour until they started boarding the flight. We were totally on time until some other douchebag airplanes were in front of us, delaying our take-off time by five minutes.

Then when we were in the air, they shoved a fucking sandwich, chips, a drink and a twix bar in front of us when we didn't even ask for one. Can you believe that shit? I had to drown myself in the free Scrubs episodes that I could call up on the individual TVs every seat got in order to get my mind off that travesty. At the very least, my own headphones worked on it, so I didn't have to have my wallet and mind further raped by having to buy their shitty headphones, haha.

So yeah. Fuck Newark and fuck Continental.May I never have to fly out of there again.

You, sir, make me want to puke.  For two reasons.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 21, 2009, 04:43:26 AM »
And yet, it had to be done.

::Bows, exhunts::

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 21, 2009, 06:04:35 AM »
I never post in this topic but I have to say that Soppy gave me a good laugh tonight.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 21, 2009, 12:51:51 PM »
I laughed.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 21, 2009, 01:57:29 PM »
Holy smokes Batman! Cops. "There was an incident between your sister and her boyfriend last night"

... yeah. They said they basically just showed up to check if she was ok physically since she left before they showed up at the "scene", I verified this but they want to see her for themselves anyway. So they wanted my(incase I remember anything)/her's/house/school details. They said they wouldn't embarass her by showing up at school though >_> Might change their mind who knows <_<

The only thing I could do was verify she was ok but she sure as hell didn't say anything to me about any "incident"

I ... did the right thing by answering the door ... right?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:10:46 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 21, 2009, 02:22:18 PM »
Well you didn't do the wrong thing.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 21, 2009, 02:26:21 PM »
Tell your mother. See how the boyfriend handles a couple of pissed off scotswomen.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 21, 2009, 03:06:03 PM »

Yeah, that sucks.  I bet they didn't even give you a cavity search, those bastard.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 21, 2009, 05:43:27 PM »
* Gatewalker hands Sopko a cookie. THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR! TAKE THAT YOU BASTARD!
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 21, 2009, 06:42:31 PM »
I ... did the right thing by answering the door ... right?

I don't see any harm in it, unless your goal was to protect the boyfriend or you have a strong reason to be mistrustful of the police.  I suspect your priority is your sister's welfare over the boyfriend, and that Scotland does not have corrupt police.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 21, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »
FRIDAY NIGHTS AW YEAH - wait saturday morning work.

* Jo'ou Ranbu drops Kotori fangirls into acid cauldrons.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 22, 2009, 01:04:33 AM »
Did... everyone just assume that it was the boyfriend that caused the incident there?  Man I read that as CT was worried about what her sister had done.

Apparently criminal responses must be genetic or something for me to think like that.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: August 22, 2009, 07:09:16 AM »
Blah blah blah gender roles.  Gender rolls!  With butter.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 22, 2009, 12:15:35 PM »
Saturday mornings. *Munch.*

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 22, 2009, 02:20:32 PM »
Thanks peeps =-) Good news. Well sort of. My mom phoned the cops when she came home. Turns out -

The "incident" took place in a street in the town where my family live. A resident in that street saw a young male fighting with a young female, apparently holding her and refusing to let her go. The cops were called but by the time they arrived the female had disappeared from the scene. They talked to the local teens and they said the female might have been his girlfriend. Then from the guy they got my sister's name. Or something like that.

BUT- ... That guy is not my sister's boyfriend, he's her old friend's boyfriend - and he's due in court over a previous assault. My sister was a witness or something to *that* and she has to appear in court to testify.The court date isn't until later though.

It also turns out that my sister wasn't anywhere near the scene of the incident the other night. My mom had the cops confirmed the exact time for her - 9 o'clock at night and my sister was washing her hair at that time >_>
The "female" was probably actually my sister's old friend who is the guy's girfriend.

Don't know what the dude was playing at, maybe trying to stir up trouble with her with the cops/undermine her credibility or something? I dunno.

My sister's real boyfriend wasn't at the scene either.

Sorted out with the cops though. They talked to my sis and my mom again once my sister was home from school.

Did... everyone just assume that it was the boyfriend that caused the incident there?  Man I read that as CT was worried about what her sister had done.

Both.

I don't actually know her boyfriend, he just looks like a "roughie" and put's up that kind of front. She says he's actually a good guy and treats her right though (and far be it from me to judge a book by it's cover) However yeah with that being the kind of crew she's encountered what with her friend and the friend's boyfriend and god know's what I wouldn't have been surprised either way. Whether it had indeed been that she'd run into issues with her own boyfriend *or* that she'd somehow done something bad of her own. Plus she's been giving mom a hard time recently (I did too when I was younger! >_>)  My sister is basically a good kid (she was crying on her way home from the school when I met her at the bus stop and told her what happened) and she's always been pretty much on the straight and narrow as far as I know but things happen. Just have to hope she navigates through all of this safely I guess.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:26:22 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 22, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 22, 2009, 04:58:11 PM »
Did... everyone just assume that it was the boyfriend that caused the incident there?  Man I read that as CT was worried about what her sister had done.

Apparently criminal responses must be genetic or something for me to think like that.

Well, given that the cops said they wanted to find her because they wanted to check if she was injured, it seemed pretty natural to assume that, at least in the Police's mind, she was the victim.

Asking whether it was the right thing to cooperate with the cops...the cops have a known gender bias ("protect women, arrest men"), so that has to factor into the advice.  It would be a different question entirely to ask "Who do you think was really at fault?"

Taishyr

« Reply #1370 on: August 22, 2009, 05:05:17 PM »
Well, given that the cops said they wanted to find her because they wanted to check if she was injured, it seemed pretty natural to assume that, at least in the Police's mind, she was the victim.

Asking whether it was the right thing to cooperate with the cops...the cops have a known gender bias ("protect women, arrest men"), so that has to factor into the advice.  It would be a different question entirely to ask "Who do you think was really at fault?"

Except in cases of rape, where it's still pretty common for there to be an underlying assumption that it's the woman's fault, but that's a completely irrelevant point to this, I guess.

Anyway, glad things are working out, CT.

Idun

« Reply #1371 on: August 22, 2009, 05:45:10 PM »
I think underlying assumptions of rape that people are conditioned to today just speaks insurmountably about Western thinking (specifically) and philosophy. In art and writings I've seen, it's the "Rape of [Woman] by [Man]," by men, and if one were to talk about Queer theory in this regard and the male gaze. . . then linking female instantaneous thinking of rape = woman by man wouldn't seem soooo illogical. This clearly excludes the significant amount of homosexuality and whatever occurred in that sphere in the past, both male homosexuality and female homosexuality.

The question of "can a woman ever rape a man," I haven't really put any thought to, but can say "Yes." Then again, I could say "Hmmm."

Anyway! Just ordered the books for the Phil 3010 class (no prereqs! yay) ONLINE (and am already two days behind). That's fine. I'll catch up via someone else's notes/copying the book in the library. Decided on returning to the Phil 3000 books even though they total $27. I'll just consider that a transposition of $27 onto the $29 for one of the packets I ordered for Phil 3010.

Currently .. .  awaiting my refund. A part of me is saying: "No! Don't blow it! You're moving out!" Another part is saying "Please! Blow some!" for a new cell phone, getting mah hair did, etc etc.

I think I just may get only the new phone and later purchases can come from saving up my checks from work.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 05:47:18 PM by Idun »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 22, 2009, 05:56:53 PM »
Be responsible, save money.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 23, 2009, 11:06:11 AM »
Bought a new car.  A 2008 Ford Focus.  Spent more than I wanted to, but I halfway expected that after having a bankruptcy.  8% interest *cries*

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 23, 2009, 06:26:15 PM »
Hey, our families 2002[or so, dunno the exact model] has gone across country and still works pretty well. At least I'd imagine a later model is good too.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT