Register

Author Topic: Alien abductions in Arkham? Turn 12 Movement/Upkeep  (Read 21568 times)

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Alien abductions in Arkham? Turn 12 Movement/Upkeep
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:49:07 AM »

Current Effects
--------------------
Icy Conditions - Investigators receive 1 less movement point during the Movement Phase. Fast Monsters move like normal monsters.

The bolded player is first, play continues down the list.

Strago/Ursula Downs
Gatewalker/Gloria Goldberg
Random Consonant/Wendy Adams
Jo'ou Ranbu/Darrell Simmons
Smashy/Luke Robinson
El Cideon/Hank Samson
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:16:48 AM by Yakumo »

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Alien abductions in Arkham?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 06:49:21 AM »
Monsters:

: Uptown Streets
: Science Building
: Easttown Streets
: Graveyard
: Historical Society
: Y'ha-Nthlei
: Witch House

Gates:

: Unvisited Isle
: Y'ha-Nthlei
: Witch House
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:16:52 AM by Yakumo »

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 06:49:28 AM »
Doom Track 11/12

Open Gates 4/6
Monster Limit 9/9
Outskirts Limit 0/2
Deep Ones Rising 4/6
Feds Raid Innsmouth 2/6 (2/2 Yellow, 0/2 Green, 0/2 Blue)
Dust Deck 1 - 0/4 cards remain
Dust Deck 2 - 2/4 cards remain
Dust Deck 3 - 4/4 cards remain
Martial Law has been declared in Innsmouth.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:16:55 AM by Yakumo »

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:49:36 AM »
LOCATION SPECIAL ABILITIES

ARKHAM

Bank of Arkham
Bank Loan: Instead of having an encounter here, you may take out a Bank Loan if you don't have one yet.

Arkham Asylum
Psychiatric Care: Instead of having an encounter here, you may recover sanity by receiving psychiatric care. You may either regain 1 Sanity for free, or pay $2 to restore your Sanity to its maximum value.

Curiositie Shoppe
Shop: Instead of having an encounter here, you may draw 3 Unique Items and purchase one of them for its list price. Discard the other two items.

Police Station
Deputized: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 10 toughness worth of monster trophies, 2 gate trophies, or 5 toughness worth of monster trophies and 1 gate trophy to become the Deputy of Arkham. Take the Deputy of Arkham card.

General Store
Shop: Instead of having an encounter here, you may draw 3 Common Items and purchase one of them for its list price. Discard the other two items.

Science Building
Dissection: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to gain 2 clue tokens.

Administration
Classes: Instead of having an encounter here, you may pay $8 to draw 2 Skills. Keep one of them and discard the other.

Silver Twilight Lodge
Inner Sanctum: If you have a Silver Twilight Membership, then you look at the Inner Sanctum entry when having encounters here.

St. Mary's Hospital
Medical Care: Instead of having an encounter here, you may recover Stamina by receiving medical care. You may either regain 1 Stamina for free, or pay $2 to restore your Stamina to its maximum value.

Ma's Boarding House
Recruit:Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 10 toughness worth of monster trophies, 2 gate trophies, or 5 toughness worth of monster trophies and 1 gate trophy to take any 1 Ally of your choice from the Ally deck.

Ye Olde Magick Shoppe
Magic Lessons: Instead of having an encounter here, you may pay $5 to draw 2 Spells. Keep one of them and discard the other.

South Church
Blessing: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to have any investigator you choose be Blessed.

River Docks
Shady Character: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to gain $5.  This location counts as an Aquatic location.

Unvisited Isle
This location counts as an Aquatic location.

INNSMOUTH

Innsmouth Jail
Jail Break: Each investigator in the Jail Cell during the Arkham Encounter Phase makes a Sneak(-1) check and draws one encounter card, plus one additional card for every success rolled, encountering one card of his choice and discarding the others.

Sawbone Alley
Outside Help: Investigators imprisoned in Innsmouth Jail gain one extra success on their Jail Break roll for every investigator in Sawbone Alley.  This is a street location.

First National Grocery
Food and Gossip: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend $1 to search the Common Item deck for a "Food" or "Research Materials" card.

Gilman House Hotel
Uneasy Sleep: After having an encounter here, if you are still at this location, you may gain 1 sanity or 1 stamina.

Falcon Point
Boat Charter: During the movement phase, you may spend $2 to move to any aquatic location and have an encounter there(if applicable), or to move any other investigator in an aquatic location to Falcon Point.  Investigators may not move any further after moving with this location ability.

Devil Reef
Accursed: Investigators must end their movement upon entering Devil Reef.  Flying monsters may move into Devil Reef as though it were a street area.

Y'ha-nthlei
Inaccessible: Investigators may only enter Y'ha-nthlei from Devil Reef or when returning to Arkham from an Other World, regardless of other game effects.  This is true even if there is an open gate here.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:08:15 PM by Yakumo »

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 06:49:44 AM »
There had always been a lot of strange stories in Arkham, things that people had heard from a friend of a friend about odd happenings.  Lately, though, not only were the rumors becoming more common but it seemed like half the town had actually seen something for themselves.  A strange grey light had been spotted at night several times recently, and when someone inevitably went to check out the houses in the areas where the light had been seen, the inhabitants were gone, leaving no trace but an odd dust scattered around the place.  At first it was passed off as people just leaving town and not mentioning it to their neighbors, but the whispers soon started blaming UFOs and little green men.  For some reason, though, you have this sinking feeling that if you don't find out what's really causing this and soon, things are going to get a hell of a lot worse real fast...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:08:28 PM by Yakumo »

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 06:49:51 AM »
A terrible feeling of foreboding seems to fill the air...

Relentless Doom
Environment: Urban
While this card is in play, monster surges cause 1 doom token to be added to the Ancient One's doom track.

A gate appears at the Esoteric Order of Dagon, destroying a Clue and spawning a Dark Young and a Deep One.
Plus monsters move, the Deep One moves out to the Church Green streets.

Strago only has one Clue Token and must draw from the Dust Deck.  His card:

Deadline will be at midnight EST on Tuesday, December 8.  Starting equipment is in the other topic for those who haven't seen it yet.  For future turns, if you are the first player, please put whether or not you are paying to avoid the Dust Deck draw in your Encounter phase posts.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:08:36 PM by Yakumo »

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
Re: Alien abductions in Arkham? Turn 1 Upkeep/Movement
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 01:54:19 PM »
Harvey Walters, the Professor

- Stats -

Sanity 7/7
Stamina 3/3

- Skills (Focus: 2) -

Speed  0 1 2 [3]
Sneak  5 4 3 [2]

Fight  zero 1 2 [3]
Will   3 2 1 [zero]

Lore  3 [4] 5 6
Luck  4 [3] 2 1

- Inventory -

$5
1 Clue Tokens

Expert Occultist (exhaust to re-roll a Spell check)
Heal (1 San cost, casting mod +1, exhaust to regain Stamina equal to Spell check for self or another investigator in area)
Mists of Releh (cast and exhaust to pass an Evade check, casting mod equal to monster's Awareness)
Sword of Glory (2 hands, magical weapon, +6 to Combat checks)
Silver Key (automatically pass an Evade check, 0/3)

- Personal Story -

Pass: Possess 1 Clue Token, 1 Unique Item, 1 Monster Trophy, and 1 Gate Trophy.
Fail: Be Lost in Time and Space.

Harvey's going to shuffle over to the Science Building and pick up that Clue Token.

I definitely don't fully understand the implications of this Dust Deck business, but since it seems we really need Clue Tokens so we can seal a bunch of gates and have a chance of winning, I guess it looks like I'm going to be going first for a while?

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »
Oh, also: I want one Monster Trophy to complete my personal story, obviously, but after I get that it's probably best for me to hand off the Sword of Glory and subsist on using Mists of Releh/Silver Key and go around closing gates with my sweet Lore. That seems to make sense to me, at any rate.

EDIT: Upon further inspection of the Dust Deck, it seems that there is nothing it can do to me until it eventually devours me completely, so I see no reason ever to pay the 2 Clue Tokens. I will be going first for a while.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:14:04 PM by Strago »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 03:57:20 PM »
Hank Samson

Sanity: 5/5
Stamina: 6/6

Focus: 2

Speed: 2 3 4 [5]
Sneak: 4 3 2 [1]

Fight: 2 3 [4] 5
Will: 3 2 [1] 0

Lore: [0] 1 2 3
Luck: [4] 3 2 1

Possessions:

$3
1 clue token
Food (common item, $1, discard to reduce stamina loss by 1)
Lantern (common item, $3, +1 Luck)
Research Materials (common item, $1, discard instead of spending 1 clue token)
Elder Sign (unique item, $5, lose 1 sanity, 1 stamina, and return Elder Sign to the box in order to seal a gate without skill checks or spending clues; also, remove 1 doom token from the track)
Fight (skill, +1 Fight; roll 1 extra bonus die whenever spending a clue token to improve a fight check)

Personal Story

Pass: Spend 5 clue tokens at the train station (result: acquire Pa Samson, ally card granting +1 Will and +1 Lore)
Fail: Fail a Horror check (result: -1 to maximum Sanity)

~

Hank ambles over to the Witch House to pick up a clue.

~

Right, so that ancient one looks pretty unpleasant. Immunity to weapons? Yeahhhh. I assume gate closure victory is our preferred method of winning here. Is Elder Sign best saved for a gate with a harsh skill check mod, or used quickly to keep a lid on the number of open gates early on? If the former, I'll likely spend my first few turns collecting clues to pass my PS. Hank would probably make a good monster-killer, too, with fight and the possibility of ignoring horror checks.

Smashy

• Random Beep Generator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 04:27:30 PM »
Luke Robinson, the Dreamer

Stats

Sanity: 6/7
Stamina: 3/3
Focus: 1

Speed   O [1] 2 3
Sneak   4 [3] 2 1

Fight       1 2 [3] 4
Will       6 5 [4] 3

Lore       1 2 [3] 4
Luck       4 3 [2] 1

Experienced Dreamer - Any Phase: Luke gains 1 Clue token each time he enters an Other World area or is Lost in Time and Space.

Heirloom - Any Phase: Luke's Gate Box cannot be lost or stolen unless he allows it.

Inventory

$6
1 Clue Token
Stealth (Skill: Exhaust to reroll an Evade check)
Gate Box (Unique: When you return to Arkham from an Other World, you can return to any location with an open gate, not just those leading to the Other World you were in)
Powder of Ibn-Ghazi (Unique: Magical weapon, +9 to Combat Checks, lose 1 Sanity and discard after use, 2 hands)
Voice of Ra (Spell: -1 Modifier, 1 Sanity Cost, Upkeep: Cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn) (Exhausted)
Wither (Spell: No modifier, no sanity cost, cast and exhaust to gain +3 to combat checks until the end of combat, 1 hand)

Personal Story

Pass: Gain 3 Gate trophies - Gain ally of choice (0/3)
Fail: 4 Elder Signs on the board - Cannot gain any more allies (0/4)

----

The PS doesn't matter too much to me since we lose our allies if the GoO wakes up, and I think it's safe to say  that we are screwed if he wakes up, and hey if I snag an ally early the fail doesn't make Luke discard he allies.  Anyways, barring a gate showing up in a worse position, I'll likely jump out of the gate that just opened.

Either way, just posting to show starting sliders and stuff, since I can't do much first turn.

Edit: Actually I can prepare myself for potential shiny stuff.

[16:21:37] <Smashy> I was actually considering throwing out Voice of Ra to start but I'll wait for now
[16:22:02] <Yakumo> Eh, depending on circumstances four for both can be better than a 7/3 split.  Not usually, but.
[16:22:45] <RandomConsonant> (Then again, definitely feeling that Wendy is better for this game overall)
[16:23:01] <Smashy> (Granted... I should at least try that.  Ohnoes 6 San but it would be nice if a skill check to go back to Arkham came up)
[16:23:10] <Yakumo> Well, if you were Tommy you could bait the Dust Deck!!! >_>
[16:23:17] <RandomConsonant> Yes, there is that.
[16:24:07] <Nitori> I like how the Dust deck landed on someone who doesn't care until we get to deck 3
[16:24:19] <RandomConsonant> Which would take like 6-15 turns to dust me and then the Sectoid Mummy would have woken up
[16:24:29] <Smashy> In fact, why not.  Spending 1 san to cast Sleeptalk of Ra, two dice
[16:24:43] <Smashy> 2d6 zzzzzzz
[16:24:45] * Hatbot --> "Smashy rolls 2d6 zzzzzzz and gets 8." [2d6=2, 6]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:29:04 PM by Smashy »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 06:02:33 PM »
Wendy Adams

Sanity: 4/4
Stamina: 4/4
Focus: 3

Streetwise - Automatically pass evade checks made against monsters in street areas

Blessed Is The Child - Cannot be arrested or cursed while in possession of an Elder Sign

Minor - Cannot obtain a bank loan

Stats:
Speed - 2 3 4 [5]
Sneak - 6 5 4 [3]

Fight - zero [1] 2 3
Will - 3 [2] 1 zero

Lore - 1 2 [3] 4
Luck - 5 4 [3] 2

Possessions:
$3
3 Clue Tokens
Axe (1H Physical Weapon, +2 Combat, +3 if not using other hand, $3, handing off to Snow)
Elder Sign (Discard and pay 1 Stamina and Sanity to automatically close and seal a gate.  In addition, remove 1 Doom Token from the Ancient One's Doom Track, $5)
Expert Occultist (Exhaust to reroll a spell check)

Personal Story:
Pass - Three elder signs are on the board (0/3)
Fail - Wendy no longer has an Elder Sign (Wendy still has one)

Moving to the Newspaper and handing off my axe to Snow/Darrel since he's better suited to killing that Deep One in the streets, then using my remaining movement to go to the Train Station and taking an encounter.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 09:53:53 PM »
Gloria Goldberg (Gatewalker):

Sanity 6 (6)
Stamina 4 (4)

Cash: $7
Clues: 3

Speed  1  2  [3]  4  (+1)
Sneak  3  2  [1]  Z 

Fight  Z  1  [2]  3 
Will    5  4  [3]  2 

Lore   1  2  3 [4] 
Luck   5  4  3  [2] 

Items:
Cavalry Saber - 1H Physical Weapon, +2 Combat Checks
Shotgun - 2H Physical Weapon, +4 Combat Checks, all 6s count as 2 successes.

Spells:
Dread Curse of Azathoth - 2H Spell, -2 Casting Mod, 2 San cost, cast and exhaust for +9 combat check
Find Gate - -1 Casting Mod, 1 San cost, cast and exhaust to locate the person playing you return to Akham from another world.

Other:
Speed - Skill. +1 Speed. When spending a clue token on a speed check, add 2 bonus dice.

Current Trophies:

Personal Story:
Pass - Have five Clue Tokens. (3/5)
Fail - Driven Insane (Still sane!)

--------------

Moving to Higg's Roadhouse to get a clue!
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 01:46:36 AM »
Darrell Simmons

Sanity: 2/4

Sneak: 3 2 1 [0]

Fight: 2 3 4 [5]
Will!!: 4 3 2 [1] (+1)

Possessions:

$ 6
1 Clue Token
Retainer (Gain $2, then roll a die. Discard this card on a 1)
Motorcycle (Exhaust to get 2 extra movement points. $4)
Healing Stone (Heal 1 Stamina or 1 Sanity on Upkeep. $8)
Holy Water (+6 Combat check. Discard after use, 2H. $4)
Axe (+2 Combat check. +3 instead if your other hand is empty. $3)
Will (Skill. +1 Will. When you spend a Clue token to add to any Will check, add one extra bonus die.)
1 Monster Trophy (Deep One, 2 Toughness total.)

Personal Story

Pass: 2 Gate Trophies (0/2)
Fail: 5 Clue Tokens (1/5)

=============================

I gain $2 by osmosis, move all the way up to the Deep One and gut it with boundless fury, as photographers are actually crazy berserkers. I'll also look at Mr. Bearstone so it heals some of my sanity next Upkeep.

[23:40] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> Okay. How many movement points do I need to reach that Deep One?
[23:40] <RandomConsonant> 4, I believe
[23:41] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> Welp.
[23:42] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> I have the slider up to five.
[23:43] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> Also have Fight slider up to 5.
[23:43] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> So, 5+3. 8 dice, -1 mod. So, 7.
[23:43] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> 2 Toughness, so two successes needed. Since my Will is 2 and the mod is -2, I just eat 2 sanity damage.
[23:44] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> (Good thing I have that shiny stone. >_>)
[23:44] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> Okay.
[23:44] <RandomConsonant> Hooray for the eldritch Bearstone~
[23:44] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> I move up to the Deep One with an axe in hand.
[23:44] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> Let's see if we get Axe to the Face.
[23:45] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> roll d7 for an axe to the face meme
[23:45] * Hatbot --> "Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee rolls d7 for an axe to the face meme and gets 1." [d7=1]
[23:45] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> ...
[23:45] <RandomConsonant> gj
[23:45] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> I'm great.
[23:45] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> roll 7d6 for axe to the face!?
[23:45] * Hatbot --> "Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee rolls 7d6 for axe to the face!? and gets 34." [7d6=6, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 6]
[23:45] <Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> ... that's some axe to the face.
[23:45] <RandomConsonant> Ew, fishman guts
[23:46] <RandomConsonant> Also all the good rolls are used up now
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:00:12 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 02:03:54 AM »
Arkham Encounters

Strago/Harvey Walters
------------
You find a muscular, bored-looking man who challenges you to an arm wrestling match. Lose 2 Stamina if you accept. If this does not knock you unconscious, Sir William Brinton laughs and slaps your shoulder, offering to join your investigation. Take his Ally card. If it is not available, gain $5 instead.

Gatewalker/Gloria Goldberg
------------
"Hey, psst.  You look like someone who could use a little information."  Looking over at the bartender, you see him holding out his hand.  You may pay him up to $6, gaining 1 Clue token for every $2 you pay him.

------------
You realize too late that the train you boarded is empty. Draw the top gate marker and travel to that Other World and replace the gate marker on top of the gate marker pile.   You move to The Dreamlands.

El Cideon/Hank Samson
------------
In an old journal you learn some horrible eldritch secrets. Roll a die. Lose that much Sanity and gain that many Clue tokens.

Other World Encounters

Smashy/Luke Robinson
------------
Halfway up the mountain, you come across a dark cave.  Do you venture inside, or continue toward the golden city you saw atop the peak?

If you enter the cave, make a Luck(-2) check.  If you pass, the cave wall has a glowing inscription on it.  As you read it, it burns itself into your mind, and then you find yourself home once more.  Draw 1 Spell, then return to Arkham.  If you fail, a monster lurks in the cave.

If you continue to climb, pass a Fight(-2) check to reach the top, where an order of monks teach you their secrets.  Draw 1 Skill.  If you fail, you fall and are lost in time and space.

------------
You see the mountains move.  Lose 1 Sanity from terror.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:27:42 AM by Yakumo »

Smashy

• Random Beep Generator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 02:46:39 AM »
Luke nearly slips down the mountain, but being so familiar with the Dreamlands has its advantages!

[21:28:12] * Smashy looks at topic, mrfs. Ok I want to see where Wendy landed first
[21:28:28] <RandomConsonant> So do I >_>
[21:29:13] <Smashy> That little Sleeptalking of Ra dealie makes it so I actually have a choice here
[21:29:47] <Smashy> Although seeing as simply walking through OWs nets me clues,  I might go for the skill anyways
[21:30:58] <Smashy> Which... hell, I'll take the monks.  Worst case scenario is I wind up LiTaS which gets me a clue anyways
[21:31:08] <RandomConsonant> Fair enough.
[21:33:24] <Smashy> I have 3 fight, +1 from Ra, -2 from the encounter.  Two dice
[21:34:12] <Smashy> 2d6 to sleepclimb like a pro
[21:34:14] * Hatbot --> "Smashy rolls 2d6 to sleepclimb like a pro and gets 3." [2d6=1, 2]
[21:34:21] <RandomConsonant> gj
[21:34:29] <Smashy> <_<
[21:35:37] <Smashy> Hmm
[21:36:08] <Smashy> Considering throwing the clue at this and maybe landing on the double-clue if the clue I'm about to throw fails
[21:37:15] <Smashy> Which considering that I get this clue back no matter what...
[21:37:17] * Taishyr has joined #rpgdlarkhamhorror
[21:37:26] <RandomConsonant> Eh, go for it.
[21:37:29] <Smashy> 1d6 SNOW GO JUMP INTO THE GATE
[21:37:31] * Hatbot --> "Smashy rolls 1d6 SNOW GO JUMP INTO THE GATE and gets 5." [1d6=5]
[21:37:35] <Smashy> :V
[21:38:41] <Smashy> Yay Luke and being familiar with the Dreamlands or something? :V

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 03:57:10 AM »

Sanity 6 (6)
Stamina 4 (4)

Cash: $3
Clues: 5

Sneak  3  2  [1]  Z 

Fight  Z  1  [2]  3  (+1)
Will    5  4  [3]  2 

Lore   1  2  3 [4] 
Luck   5  4  3  [2] 

Items:
Shotgun - 2H Physical Weapon, +4 Combat Checks, all 6s count as 2 successes.

Spells:
Dread Curse of Azathoth - 2H Spell, -2 Casting Mod, 2 San cost, cast and exhaust for +9 combat check
Find Gate - -1 Casting Mod, 1 San cost, cast and exhaust to locate the person playing you return to Akham from another world.

Other:
Speed - Skill. +1 Speed. When spending a clue token on a speed check, add 2 bonus dice.

Current Trophies:

Personal Story:
Passed - Have five Clue Tokens. (5/5) (Gain +1 Fight)

--------------

Gloria passes the man $4 for his shady information. During this transaction, she remembers that she knows how to do karate.

(Spending the $4 for 2 clue tokens, which means I pass my PS and gain +1 Fight)
<%Laggy> no not really.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 04:03:03 AM »
Hank Samson

Sanity: 2/5

Sneak: 4 3 2 [1]

Fight: 2 3 [4] 5
Will: 3 2 [1] 0

Possessions:

$3
5 clue tokens
Food (common item, $1, discard to reduce stamina loss by 1)
Lantern (common item, $3, +1 Luck)
Research Materials (common item, $1, discard instead of spending 1 clue token)
Elder Sign (unique item, $5, lose 1 sanity, 1 stamina, and return Elder Sign to the box in order to seal a gate without skill checks or spending clues; also, remove 1 doom token from the track)
Fight (skill, +1 Fight; roll 1 extra bonus die whenever spending a clue token to improve a fight check)

Personal Story

Pass: Spend 5 clue tokens at the train station (result: acquire Pa Samson, ally card granting +1 Will and +1 Lore)
Fail: Fail a Horror check (result: -1 to maximum Sanity)

~

Hank gains 3 clues from the dreams in the Witch House.

<Cidward> Anyone want to witness my possible descent into insanity?
<RandomConsonant> Of course.
<Cidward> Okay!
<Cidward> I roll 1d6, lose that much sanity, gain that many clues.
<Cidward> For once, rolling low(ish) is sorta nice.
<Hello-StrawmanthedralWaddleDee> Poor Ciddy, we hardly knew ye.
<Cidward> roll 1d6 please no asylum
* Hatbot --> "Cidward rolls 1d6 please no asylum and gets 3."12 [1d6=3]
<RandomConsonant> No asylum
<Cidward> I can deal with that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:56:53 PM by El Cideon »

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 04:25:48 AM »
I will definitely arm-wrestle and take the ally if Sir William Brinton is actually available. Shoot, I'd be down for taking $5, too.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 06:13:28 AM »
Yeah, he's available.  All base game allies are, Innsmouth didn't add any.

Luke's new skill is Sneak.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:29:50 AM by Yakumo »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 06:42:33 AM »
Wendy Adams

Sanity: 3/4

Streetwise - Automatically pass evade checks made against monsters in street areas

Blessed Is The Child - Cannot be arrested or cursed while in possession of an Elder Sign

Stats:
Speed - 2 3 4 [5]
Sneak - 6 5 4 [3]

Fight - zero [1] 2 3
Will - 3 [2] 1 zero

Lore - 1 2 [3] 4
Luck - 5 4 [3] 2

Possessions:
$3
3 Clue Tokens
Elder Sign (Discard and pay 1 Stamina and Sanity to automatically close and seal a gate.  In

addition, remove 1 Doom Token from the Ancient One's Doom Track, $5)

Personal Story:

Le sigh.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 07:06:58 AM »
It turns out the paranormal activity wasn't the only reason people were going missing.  There's an old-fashioned serial killer at work in Arkham too!

The Southside Strangler Strikes!
Rumor

Return one Ally from the Ally deck to the box at random at the end of every Mythos Phase while this card is in play (beginning the turn after it entered play). The Southside Strangler has struck again!

Pass: If a single player discards 5 Clue tokens while in Ma's Boarding House during the Arkham Encounters Phase, return this card to the box. Each player receives a $5 reward from the police.

Fail: If there are no more Allies to return to the box at the end of the Mythos Phase, return this card to the box. Each player must lower either their maximum Sanity or Stamina (their choice) by 1 for the rest of the game.

A gate opens at Independence Square, removing a clue and spawning a Cultist and a Mi-Go.
No monsters move.

Harvey's draw from the dust deck:

Deadline will be midnight EST on Wednesday.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
I'll (fail to) Heal myself, move to the Unvisited Isle, pick up a Clue Token and await an encounter.

> Anybody around to witness me Heal myself?
<Taishyr> Yo.
> Woo.
> Kay, Lore is set to 5, casting mod +1, so 6 dice and I regain Stamina equal to my successes.
* Taishyr nods.
> 6d6 for healing goodness.
* Hatbot --> "Strago rolls 6d6 for healing goodness. and gets 20."12 [6d6=4, 4, 1, 4, 1, 6]
<Taishyr> ... 2. >_>
> Bah.
> Lose one Sanity and gain one Stamina, then. Which is a decent enough trade, for me.
* Taishyr nods. Take what you can get, then, yeah.
> Oh, wait.
> I can re-roll a spell check.
> Durrrrrrr.
<Taishyr> ...
> Yeah, let's try that again.
<Taishyr> <_<
> Hush, you!
> I haven't played this in a while!
<Taishyr> Heh.
> Husssssssh
> 6d6 for IMPROVED HEALZ
* Hatbot --> "Strago rolls 6d6 for IMPROVED HEALZ and gets 18."12 [6d6=4, 3, 3, 3, 1, 4]
<Taishyr> Last time was my first time playing i-
<Taishyr> ...
> Mother fuck.
<Taishyr> Bot hate.
> I have to take the second one, presumably.
<Taishyr> yes.
> Good good.

Harvey Walters, the Professor

- Stats -

Sanity 6/7
Stamina 1/4

- Skills (Focus: 2) -

Speed  0 1 2 [3]
Sneak  5 4 3 [2]

Fight  zero 1 2 [3]
Will   3 2 1 [zero]

Lore  3 4 [5] 6
Luck  4 3 [2] 1

- Inventory -

$5
3 Clue Tokens

Ally, Sir William Brinton (+1 Max Stamina, discard to restore Stamina to maximum)
Skill, Expert Occultist (exhaust to re-roll a Spell check)
Heal (1 San cost, casting mod +1, exhaust to regain Stamina equal to Spell check for self or another investigator in area)
Mists of Releh (cast and exhaust to pass an Evade check, casting mod equal to monster's Awareness)
Sword of Glory (2 hands, magical weapon, +6 to Combat checks)
Silver Key (automatically pass an Evade check, 0/3)

- Personal Story -

Pass: Possess 1 Clue Token, 1 Unique Item, 1 Monster Trophy, and 1 Gate Trophy.
Fail: Be Lost in Time and Space.

Smashy

• Random Beep Generator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »
Luke Robinson, the Dreamer

Stats

Sanity: 6/7
Stamina: 3/3
Focus: 1

Speed   O 1 [2] 3
Sneak   4 3 [2] 1   (+1)

Fight       1 2 [3] 4
Will       6 5 [4] 3

Lore       1 2 [3] 4
Luck       4 3 [2] 1

Experienced Dreamer - Any Phase: Luke gains 1 Clue token each time he enters an Other World area or is Lost in Time and Space.

Heirloom - Any Phase: Luke's Gate Box cannot be lost or stolen unless he allows it.

Inventory

$6
1 Clue Token
Stealth (Skill: Exhaust to reroll an Evade check)
Sneak (Skill: +1 Sneak, roll an extra die when using clues for a Sneak check)
Gate Box (Unique: When you return to Arkham from an Other World, you can return to any location with an open gate, not just those leading to the Other World you were in)
Powder of Ibn-Ghazi (Unique: Magical weapon, +9 to Combat Checks, lose 1 Sanity and discard after use, 2 hands)
Voice of Ra (Spell: -1 Modifier, 1 Sanity Cost, Upkeep: Cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn)
Wither (Spell: No modifier, no sanity cost, cast and exhaust to gain +3 to combat checks until the end of combat, 1 hand)

Personal Story

Pass: Gain 3 Gate trophies - Gain ally of choice (0/3)
Fail: 4 Elder Signs on the board - Cannot gain any more allies (0/4)

----

Luke acts as a tour guide for a little girl.  He gains one clue token for moving into the second area of the Dreamlands.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »
Wendy Adams

Sanity: 3/4

Stats:
Speed - 2 3 [4] 5
Sneak - 6 5 [4] 3

Fight - zero [1] 2 3
Will - 3 [2] 1 zero

Lore - 1 2 [3] 4
Luck - 5 4 [3] 2

Possessions:
$3
3 Clue Tokens
Elder Sign (Discard and pay 1 Stamina and Sanity to automatically close and seal a gate.  In addition, remove 1 Doom Token from the Ancient One's Doom Track, $5)

Personal Story:

Shifting Speed/Sneak to 4/4, moving to the second area of The Dreamlands.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »

Sanity 6 (6)
Stamina 4 (4)

Cash: $3
Clues: 6

Sneak  3  2  [1]  Z 

Fight  Z  1  [2]  3  (+1)
Will    5  4  [3]  2 

Lore   1  2  3 [4] 
Luck   5  4  3  [2] 

Items:
Elder Sign - Discard and pay 1 San/Stam to seal a gate. Also, remove one Doom Token from the Doom Track.
Lantern - +1 Luck

Spells:

Other:

Current Trophies:

Personal Story:
Passed - Have five Clue Tokens. (5/5) (Gain +1 Fight)

--------------

Passing Cid/Hank in the street to give him a shotgun and take his Elder Sign and Lantern, then hopping over to the Black Cave to pick up a clue and await an encounter.
<%Laggy> no not really.