Author Topic: Villainous Anonymafia - Game Over SCUM WIN  (Read 46228 times)

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Villainous Anonymafia - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
I don't suppose we'll be receiving that transmission from the Hawthorne lab?

I can't make nuts or bolts of Guts Man's latest post. Where did Charles accuse you of being scum for surviving the night kill? I can also see why scum would skip over eliminating Charles in favor of Dahlia, if Charles is town he still presents scum a mislynch opportunity while Dahlia looked pretty townie after all of the day's end nonsense. I don't think Dahlia would have put her own train in front (by taking a vote off of you) and then disappear so late into the day were she scum. Even if she were banking on a partner to save her (Edna, for example) they'd be far too tied together to get away with it for very long.

If Gaston's warranty is truly set to expire soon, I can only hope he decides to be more helpful for the rest of the day than he has been.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »
Ah yes.

Ms. Iris Hawthorne has kindly provided us with this transcript  from the case files of one Mia Fay.  Hopefully it will prove informative.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2010, 10:33:58 AM »
* Light Yagami laughs maniacally.

A pleasant joke from our moderator here. I presume this means Dahlia will be unable to enlighten us on the details of her power, though.

The Warboss at least posted some content, even if the content itself is questionable. As Wily-san mentionds, Burns-san never mentions you surviving being a reason for looking scummy.
No, you're right, Ryuk. That last line does seem intended to make us look worse, despite it being his first post with good content.

Gaston... If you are already doomed to die, would it not aid us to supply information on your night actions? These may help things go... JUST AS PLANNED!

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2010, 11:06:05 AM »
Gaston... If you are already doomed to die, would it not aid us to supply information on your night actions? These may help things go... JUST AS PLANNED!
But hasn't he told us all about his power, with the potato? Or do you know something we don't, Yagami?
I am confident that a brave warrior like Gaston is telling the truth.
As for a bratty schoolboy like you.. explain yourself!

Good thing these blasted forums are back up. Hmp, human technology is weak.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:10 AM »
Yeah, I couldn't get on the forums at all for the past few days.  This weird blonde girl was there trying to get me to buy stuff instead of the forum.  Anyway, catching up and rereading since I couldn't do it before. 

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »
Gaston-san has told us that he began with the potato, and that he passed it on. He has not mentioned why he chose to throw it to the Warboss, nor has he specified whether or not this is, in fact, his power. Confirmation of the latter, at the very least, would be appreciated.
You thought the same as Vegeta-san, Ryuk? Ah, my initial thought upon seeing the potato was that it was yet another joke from our moderator...

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Villainous Anonymafia - Day 2
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »

Yet again I find myself agreeing with George. Perhaps he is most fitting of inheriting the Ushiromiya gold after all.

But no! One step short this time, and that won't cut it. *cackle*cackle*.

Indeed I had come to the conclusion that the potato is unrelated to Gaston's power and most likely another whim of the game master based on Gaston's description, which really should be unmarked by Bernkastel's influence. However! This is no means a good time to call for his power. He is doomed to die at the end of the next twilight, and there are yet power which would have meaning during the twilight even with his subsequent demise, and calling on those would simply attract Bernkastel's agents all the more easily.

Gaston! I propose that if your power has brought you any information useful for town, then let it be known. However, if your power is yet useful even given your imminent demise or it benefits us nothing to know of it, withhold such information. Bernkastel may know how to play on such luck, but her agents will not be able to determine which quite so easily. And quite, though I would love nothing more than to see you twist and turn in the anguish of the knowledge of the inevitability of your death so soon from now, it would still be best to get your affairs in order. Let your stances be clear in your will so that at least we have greater information when later turning back to confirmed 'innocents'.

And forget not that you could yet avenge your death on this very day. Now there's a deliciously entertaining concept! Fuhahahahahahahahahahaha...!!

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »
I totally misread Burns' post earlier somehow and it seems that he's annoyed that I wasn't on any of those trains. My bad.

Hey so what? I tossed a vote on Beatrice a good 12 hours before deadline, as I no longer felt Dahlia's case had meaning and Vegeta is probably the towniest townie ever, look at him, he's a manly warrior and everything!

The potato can be passed on at night to other people and will probably vanish if I die or something. I don't really want to give it to anyone else in case they're scum, since they would easily be able to play table-tennis with it and push LYLO ahead by having an effective doublevote.

Anyway back to Gig then. ##Unvote, ##Vote: Gig
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
MIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAA FEEEEEEEEEEEY!
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »

##UNVOTE: Prince Vegeta
##VOTE: Gig

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
OOC: It's early, I couldn't sleep, I'm really tired so I apologize in advance if this post is hard to read.  I would have considered waiting until I wasn't so tired, but I didn't want to wait any longer to post this.  I haven't said nearly enough.

Quote from: Gig
Hey, Spike. Next time, throw some hotpods my way, okay?

What, my pies aren't good enough for you?!

Anyway, I'm not understanding the Warboss wagon at all.  I do think he was over reacting when he voted for Dahlia, but nothing was really happening then.  IIoA is a good enough reason to vote someone when there's nothing else to go on.  He's made a couple of odd switches (most notably Dahlia to Beatrice, I still don't get that) and it's really hard to read what he's saying (I disagree that he's not saying anything, it's just hard to read), but he hasn't done anything that looks that bad to me.  Can someone explain the case on him again?  I don't get it at all.  The only thing I don't like is the weird switch to Beatrice.

I don't get the case on Edna either.  I have a hard time holding her switch to Dark Helmet against her since there was only five mintues left in the day when she switched and she thought Dahlia was town.  I'm not surprised that someone in that situation would post fast.  I also like her most recent post.  Someone's going to have to explain this one to me too.

I do understand the Wily wagon though and I support it.  Finding reasons to switch between two town wagons is the kind of thing I would expect scum to do.  The switches between the Dahlia and Dark Helmet wagons are weird. 

Vegeta's most recent post makes me feel better about him.  I was voting for him because of an unexplained vote on a now confirmed townie (looked like shamless bandwagoning to me before he explained it) and because he just wasn't saying anything.  ##Unvote Vegeta

I actually agree with what he's saying about Gendou.  In my reread I noticed a lot of throwing suspicions around, but not a lot of conviction.  It's like he's throwing stuff around to see what sticks.  I also saw that he didn't always place a vote, which also strikes me as weird.  I don't get why he says certain people aren't posting content and/or they're waffly (Light comes to mind here) either.  You don't have to post a lot of words to have good content.  ##Vote: Gendou

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »

And so the butterfly lover makes the rules behind her ghostly presence quite clear indeed, or at least until the next twilight. It also seems plain to see that she has at worst a neutral view on Goldsmith for the action spent on her the night before the game began.

My lowly opponent Battler Ushiromiya likes to depend on a form of reasoning known as 'chessboard thinking,' whereby you turn the chessboard around and try to work out a foe's thoughts through their actions. Pitiful humans see this as strong, but it has its limits. Noise from sub-optimal play is one, but what if your opponent is playing by different rules to you that you're unaware of? You can never win against a witch at chess. *cackle*cackle*cackle*.

It is with these limits in mind that I then suppose that Goldsmith is incredibly unlikely to be Lady Lambdadelta's serial killer - and she is the Witch of Certainty, after all - and implausibly Bernkastel's villainous roleblocker, for if Dahlia knew she was roleblocked then there is little doubt that she would have mentioned it during the first iteration of the first day, and would probably have indicated so in her zombie rage on today, the second iteration of the first day.

Therein lies the noise... I lack the game master's rules to this game to be certain she would have known whether a power like her own was blocked: I can only assume it probable. Otherwise, we have a tracker's, not a watcher's, word for the actions, so perhaps even if she does know she has realised that she cannot be certain it was Goldsmith. In that case there still seems no reason for her not to have mentioned it yesterday,

Regardless, my conclusion is that if Goldsmith lacks powers akin to a roleblocker, then I cannot foresee what power Bernkastel could have set on Dahlia that night, for a power akin to rolecop would surely not have led to her murder the very next twilight. Though he shall not be invited to the Golden Land for such a human argument, for at least now I find myself satisfied.

The wretched furniture's new position tests me, but explains little. Yesterday's vote still looks terrible, gut readings never sit well and while the potato logic may be sound, it is meaningless if he is an agent of Bernkastel and intending to do precisely what he warns us of. I shall look through history again once more at some point soon, though, as the likely suspects become clearer and this position feels stale, with both of my previous secondary targets now being clearer in my eyes.

For better or for worse, the old doctor pleases me all the more on re-evaluation. To celebrate this pact, I shall come to call you Gaap instead... for no... particular reason. Wahahahahahahaaah!!

Oioioioi, here comes Bowser, with an almost completely opposed set of opinions. How amusing that is! *cackle*cackle*! I shall reply to you fuller in a later tea party, but for now I wish for more information about your food fights. Your prized pie seems most curiously absent today. Don't tell me it fell off a cliff too! Kihihihihihihi!

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2010, 04:20:24 PM »
Quote from: Beatrice
Your prized pie seems most curiously absent today. Don't tell me it fell off a cliff too! Kihihihihihihi!

What can I say?  Pies take time to bake.  If I'm going to do something I'm going to do it right.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »
I don't get the case on Edna either.  I have a hard time holding her switch to Dark Helmet against her since there was only five mintues left in the day when she switched and she thought Dahlia was town.  I'm not surprised that someone in that situation would post fast.  I also like her most recent post.  Someone's going to have to explain this one to me too.

If it was just the switch, it could be understandable - day 1 shenanigans and all. However, she has a) a starling record in hardcore lurking; b) a very poor explanation of such lurking; c) her most recent post, justifying the switch, gives the impression that getting a lynch to go through was more important than lynching whoever she thought of as scum, which is reason enough to raise an eyebrow or two. And then, she merrily disappears into the ether -again-.

I do understand the Wily wagon though and I support it.  Finding reasons to switch between two town wagons is the kind of thing I would expect scum to do.  The switches between the Dahlia and Dark Helmet wagons are weird.

Yet, you find absolutely nothing wrong with Edna's poorly justified wagon-hopping? There are reasons to consider Wily suspicious and I even agree with you in a vacuum - and Edna didn't hop from wagon to wagon, so his looks fishier. But condemning someone for a crime while letting another person more or less guilty of the same go is faulty (as you seem plenty satisfied with Edna). I also must note that Edna, in essence, did what Light intended to do when he just went "anyone's fine! Where's the deadline?", which is what particularly set my heckles - simply getting a lynch through for the sake of getting a lynch shouldn't take precedence over actual scumhunting, particularly when both walk in tandem.

I actually agree with what he's saying about Gendou.  In my reread I noticed a lot of throwing suspicions around, but not a lot of conviction.  It's like he's throwing stuff around to see what sticks.  I also saw that he didn't always place a vote, which also strikes me as weird.  I don't get why he says certain people aren't posting content and/or they're waffly (Light comes to mind here) either.  You don't have to post a lot of words to have good content.  ##Vote: Gendou

I don't have the absolute certainty that I'm always right and I don't magically know who is scum - there's a whole bunch of weird shit that needs mulling and muddling through and I tend to mull over it out loud. This is the way I find to actually try to put things on the table, and if I'm waffly, it's because there -is- reason to be waffly: the current situation is a mess, with multiple, dubious possible leads, and the vast majority of them are going to land us on dead townies while we don't know which one will. I'd love to be absolutely certain on who's who here, but I get no such pleasantries as crystal balls and prescience powers. All I have is wild theories and analysis.

As for current analysis... I still am not satisfied with Vegeta, and I stated my position on Edna. Gorgutz seems to finally have woken up after that awful first day, and somewhat quelled my suspicions. I'd be very shocked if Beatrice was scum at this point, and I'd like to know where have Joker and Gig gone to. Wily and Burns remain in that same delicate position they were before. Still not comfortable with a vote switch yet, either. I need to reread this topic again.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2010, 04:22:25 PM »
Alright, Jaw-For-Brains. Now I'm pissed. What makes you think I'm so scummy, huh!? Because I have two votes in Day 1, and they both happen to be on two trains? So what? I saw good reason to vote for both of them, and if you'd take a minute to learn how to read, you'd notice I gave reasons for both my votes. Now get out of my face before I kick your ass, you worthless piece of shit. God! Explain yourself once in a while, too, why don't ya'?

No time, so I'll make this quick. My current suspicions lie mostly with Gorgutz for having more posts today but not really saying anything (Why do you think Vegetable Head is innocnent?) but I'm not comfortable moving him so far ahead of anyone else. Also looking vaguely at Vegetable Head.

##SUMMON: Gaston
Sounds like he was put in a Xanatos of some sort, involving the potato killing when you pass it. (If it isn't his power)

Gotta go, Later!

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »
Quote from: Gendou"
If it was just the switch, it could be understandable - day 1 shenanigans and all. However, she has a) a starling record in hardcore lurking; b) a very poor explanation of such lurking; c) her most recent post, justifying the switch, gives the impression that getting a lynch to go through was more important than lynching whoever she thought of as scum, which is reason enough to raise an eyebrow or two. And then, she merrily disappears into the ether -again-.

A) I don't think lurking's a scumtell
B) I don't see an explanation for her lurking.  The closest thing is the "I'm busy" mention in her most recent post.  Being a busy king myself, I can't fault someone for being busy. 
C) I think she justifies the switch just fine.  She had stated that she was okay with a Dark Helmet lynch earlier and she didn't want someone she thought was town (Dahlia) to be lynched.  What's the problem here?

I think that also answers the next thing you said.  If it doesn't let me know.

Quote from: Gendou
I don't have the absolute certainty that I'm always right and I don't magically know who is scum - there's a whole bunch of weird shit that needs mulling and muddling through and I tend to mull over it out loud. This is the way I find to actually try to put things on the table, and if I'm waffly, it's because there -is- reason to be waffly: the current situation is a mess, with multiple, dubious possible leads, and the vast majority of them are going to land us on dead townies while we don't know which one will. I'd love to be absolutely certain on who's who here, but I get no such pleasantries as crystal balls and prescience powers. All I have is wild theories and analysis.

I don't expect you to magically "know" who the scum are.  I do expect you to speak like you really think you're hitting scum.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2010, 05:09:44 PM »

*cackle*cackle*cackle*cackle*! Kufufufuhahahahahahahaha...!!

So much wisdom ignored, such humanly flawed arguments taken in their place!

Regardless of his alignment, Gaap's (Dr. Wily's) movements at the end of the first day are not scummy.

I have graced this topic before, and am displeased that this has been ignored to make way for the same flawed arguments again. Let alone the absurdity of an agent of Bernkastel knowingly dancing between two 'innocents' and then immediately revealing to the rest of us that both were indeed 'innocent'. Now, I do indeed remember in at least one game board past where such a piece danced such and turned out to be evil (without the instant reveal, though!), so I expect it not to be a great tell of 'innocence' either, but there was truly no gain for Bernkastel for her agents to dance such and then skewer the runner up. What's the purpose? What's the gain? Tell me that through chessboard thinking! Kihihihihihihihi!!

Vegeta's stupidity does not clear him of suspicion.

Even if you wish to take the altogether dubious position that his day one actions were too stupid for an agent of Bernkastel when his fellows would have room to correct him, it forgets the existence of Lady Lambdadelta's serial killer. What? He's too stupid to be that either? Then he's also too stupid to be an 'innocent'! *cackle*cackle*cackle*cackle*!

Though Gaston could yet provide further clarification, it has already been strongly claimed that the potato is innocent of murder!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »
Day 2 Vote

Gorgutz (5): Potato, Beatrice, Light, Mr. Burns, Joker
Bowser (0): Mr. Burns, Gendo
Mr. Burns (0): Gendo, Gorgutz
Vegeta (0): Dahlia, Bowser
Edna (3): Joker, Dr. Wily, Gaston, Gendo
Dr. Wily (2): Gig, Edna
Gig (2): Gorutz, Gorgutz, Dahlia
Gendo (2): Vegeta, Bowser
Gaston (0.75): Summon

No Vote: Noone
With 13 active votes in play, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

And with this, I restart the clock with 55.75 hours left in Day 2.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »
Gaston-san has told us that he began with the potato, and that he passed it on. He has not mentioned why he chose to throw it to the Warboss, nor has he specified whether or not this is, in fact, his power. Confirmation of the latter, at the very least, would be appreciated.
You thought the same as Vegeta-san, Ryuk? Ah, my initial thought upon seeing the potato was that it was yet another joke from our moderator...

It is not any type of power as far as I know, just a potato which gives a vote that I was given by the moderator to pass around.

No time, so I'll make this quick. My current suspicions lie mostly with Gorgutz for having more posts today but not really saying anything (Why do you think Vegetable Head is innocnent?) but I'm not comfortable moving him so far ahead of anyone else. Also looking vaguely at Vegetable Head.

##SUMMON: Gaston
Sounds like he was put in a Xanatos of some sort, involving the potato killing when you pass it. (If it isn't his power)

Gotta go, Later!

A Xanatos Gambit was in fact was what my death was called. >_> It's possible that the potato caused it.

I think Gendo points out something that I find true; I don't see why scum has a reason over town to switch from one townie wagon to another.

I still think Edna is the scummiest and I will continue to keep my vote on her until she actually says something useful. >_>

Time to ENSURE THAT MY MARRIAGE TO BELLE WILL CONTINUE!!

*falls in the mud* FUCK!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2010, 05:23:29 PM »

Gaston (0.75): Summon

What!

Siesta 1073741824, what madness is this?

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »
Mind explaining that Gig? Looks like there's a lot of extra votes floating around.
More like 'why would you .75 vote Gaston, the towniest warrior to ever town?'.

Hey chatty bitch, call me stupid one more time and I'll vaporize you! You're the stupid one for not recognizing our warrior spirit!

Hmm, where's that fool Nappa when you need him.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »

Surely you should be praising my glorious name on high for treating you as an equal to the other pieces. Should your wrath not instead be with the others, who stubbornly believe you to be completely beneath suspicion? Well, how does it feel to find your fellows treating you in contempt as a non-threatening non-entity whose blundering fighting spirit is held in regard by none? Frustrating, right? Makes you writhe, riiiiight? Apologise and kiss the tips of my boots and I may yet find a place for you. Surrender is but a momentary shame. All that's left is the joy of giving in... *giggle*giggle*, *cackle*cackle*cackle*ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
I don't like how Gig has now posted twice since I addressed his concerns and he did not acknowledge my report either time. I want to know why he has the time to drum up suspicions of Guts Man and the Saiyan and yet does not have the time to respond to my explanation or move his vote off of me onto one of them (theoretically the Saiyan given his excuse for not voting Guts Man).

I don't like how Slash Man has thrown a bunch of rehash and buzzwords (but no explanations) at the case against me.

I don't like how Edna continues to remain silent, but I'll admit my watch has been thrown off thanks to the power outage.

I do like the witch and Clown Man, they're the towniest to me right now. Leaning town on all of Junior, the Saiyan and Gendo as well (the last is admittedly a gut call), though I won't discount the idea of the Saiyan being a third party. Not sure what to think of Guts Man or Charles, the former confuses and the latter doesn't post enough. Not too happy with Slash Man or Gig. Suspicions of Gaston seem highly irrelevant at this point.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »
EBWOP: Since Slash Man is looking for reasons why people are voting Edna, he can find mine here with further explanation here.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2010, 06:11:51 PM »
Well if you idiots would mind giving me a minute to attempt to finish my thoughts from earlier, I'd be able to help tie up some of the loose ends.

##UNVOTE: Dr. Wily

##VOTE: Vegetable Head

-Jaw-For-Brains is the only one to beat him out in my suspicions right now, but again, not comfortable with placing him that far ahead.
-Jaw-For-Brains and Vegetable Head are clearly buddying up here, and it's not one-sided, either. Do none of you other idiots notice this?
-As the "Good Doctor" pointed out, I'm not a fan of the "He's a warrior, so he's A-Okay!" line of thinking.
-I'll admit that a lot of the day I've had to skim over, so you'll excuse me if I don't directly quote anything or the like, right? Right. (OOC: Your response to my accusation is a tl;dr until I have more time to read the topic. Unfortunately, my time was drained by the site going down)
-I can summon people out of Xanatos Gambits and Roulettes.
-The potato (And JUST AS PLANNED) are totally Light's things. Care to explain yourself?
-Wish I could do better explanations, but I have to go again.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2010, 06:46:46 PM »
So does this mean I'm not gonna die anymore? >_>