Register

Author Topic: Villainous Anonymafia - Game Over SCUM WIN  (Read 46224 times)

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Villainous Anonymafia - Day 1
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »
These people... So ignorant as to the truth!

Helmet-san. You say that there's a problem with claiming that Haruhi existed solely to be killed?
Miss Suzumiya's demise was not entirely unexpected.
Would you still claim the same with this in mind?

My main problem here lies with the Warboss. You say Dahlia posted "easy stuff," implying you find no fault in her logic. You also say that she's a "smart one," implying she may be helpful to our cause. And you then find this reason enough to vote her.
As I had already planned ahead perfectly, I see no reason to move my vote.

As for the votes on Ikari-san, I'm wondering why he's escalating in suspicions, while Beatrice, who presented the original argument, has been mostly ignored. Ikari-san's logic of Joker "handwav[ing] away the thought of speculating on the casualties" seems like a logical argument to me, and I see no reason to see him as more suspicious than Beatrice. Could those voters please elaborate on this?

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 01:39:09 PM »

So you have moves of your own to make after all, game master.

I enjoy the confusion you have let this sow, with some arguing that she was summoned soulless for this role, against those who see her as a poor piece much like themselves who has just fallen prey to the roulette. *cackle*cackle*!

For my own part, with the game master's testimony I do now find it hard to believe he has the cruel character to summon a soul for the sole purpose of killing them before they could even dance his tune. However! There is much to be said for Dahlia's angle of other night 0 actions, which makes the first death relevant regardless of whether the body ever had a soul or not, and her argument pleases me most. I would not see her sacrificed at the next twilight. At least, not currently. Kihihihihihi!

Much else I'm seeing is the confusion-driven rout between those disliking people for pursuing the first death and those disliking people for disregarding the first death. *cackle*cackle*cackle*. The five votes spread between Rudolf, Dahlia and myself being almost identical and the first sort, with Rudolf's, Light's and soon my own being the latter.

##Unvote: Mr. Burns
##Vote: Warboss Gorgutz

You please me least, furniture. You are not much unlike your fellows, but you go that little bit further in disparaging worthwhile input. Let's see if you can entertain me under the weight of four votes! *cackle*cackle*!

Dark Helmet, you should feel grateful that you have escaped my wrath at this juncture, for you are but a hair-breadth's behind the vile furniture. Your position may be of the same tone as 4>X>3 others, but by your late arrival you have singled out just Dahlia for a position she clearly shared with two others at that point. Poor attention at best, and defended only by similar precedence by the furniture.

Speaking of late, no one's observed Gig yet. Maybe he's fallen victim to some tiny food bombs. Kihihihihihihihi!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 01:57:02 PM »
What's your favorite kind of butterfly, Bea?  I understand that you're a fan as well!  Maybe we can start a club.

Why, my own golden butterflies, of course. Such a glorious form to be in.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »

A vote!  A vote for me!  Judge!  Please, you've gotta help me.  Stop this harassment!  I can't testify in a hostile environment!

Gorgy...  do you mind if I call you that?  I think those comments are "easy" and obvious too, but people were still arguing about them.  So maybe it wasn't so obvious to those who aren't as capable as functioning on as high an intellectual plane as you and me.

Dark Helmet, well, see Light's quote.  You DID see the Judge note his lack of surprise at Haruhi's demise, correct?

Gaston, I realize you're more a man of action than a man of careful thought, but you are going to think at least once or twice, right?  I prefer men who  make things at least a little bit interesting.

There are plenty of votes on Gorgy already, so no vote, but I don't follow his logic at all.  Even beside the strange fact that it was even possible for a person to suspect as sweet and innocent person as me.

##Unvote: Edna
##Finger of SHAME: Warboss Gorgy

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »
Wot? You 'oomie gits dont geddit, do yaz? Y'got to think more orky!

Dis 'ere Dahlia jus wants people t'see she's all talky, y'see? So she talkies and talkies about stuff even grot'sd know! Haw! All dis muckin' about jus so we 'ere the sound of 'er voice!

Y'don't like it? Tuff roks, y'squid herder!
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
Day 1 Vote

Gaston (1): Potato
Bowser (0): Gorgutz
Mr. Burns (0): Beatrice
Gorgutz (3): Light, Bowser, Beatrice
Edna (0): Dahlia
Dr. Wily (1): Mr. Burns
Beatrice (1): Joker
Dark Helmet (1): Vegeta
Gorgutz (1): Edna
Joker (1): Gendo
Gendo (1): Dr. Wily
Dahlia (2): Gorgutz, Dark Helmet

No Vote: Dahlia, Gaston

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to Lynch

Day 1 will end in 22.75 hours.

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 09:56:05 PM »
Tsk, tsk, tsk.  People unable to even take a joke from the mod.  If I were a hero, I might go on a nice little spiel about how analyzing nightkills is never a good or productive idea, but I guess we're all a little crazy here, aren't we?  Some people just haven't been in Gotham long enough to appreciate a good prank or two - the two being, of course, that unfortunate fellow who was trying to steal my name. 

SO I suppose I shall put that policy difference out of my mind entirely, wouldn't do to get all bogged down.  Alas that the grim players involved have not made much else manifest, but then again, neither have several others. 

Now we have Gorgutz and Dahlia providing entertainment on our merry stage, and I must say, Miss Dahlia looks positively... ripe for plucking.  Gorgutz's contest of her pleas of innocence strikes true.  Nobody's innocent, least of all here, wouldn't you think?  What a shrinking violet, making sure she tramples no other violets herself, then siding with the swarm of bees against the one trying to pluck her! 

It's called a decoy, fools.  Gorgutz is quite right.

##Unvote: Beatrice
##Vote: Dahlia

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »
As for the votes on Ikari-san, I'm wondering why he's escalating in suspicions, while Beatrice, who presented the original argument, has been mostly ignored. Ikari-san's logic of Joker "handwav[ing] away the thought of speculating on the casualties" seems like a logical argument to me, and I see no reason to see him as more suspicious than Beatrice. Could those voters please elaborate on this?

...When did Dr. Light find himself a successor? Now I'm going to have to find one as well just to keep up!

My vote is for Gendo instead of the witch because the witch did not vote for Clown Man. Gendo did. I did not like how Gendo seemed to be suggesting we should look into the little girl's death as a source of information - only specialized robots would have any chance of knowing anything, and surely rolefishing (on Day 1, no less) is to be frowned upon - and I further did not like how he wasn't offering any suggestions of his own as to what it could mean. Calling for information is one thing, but calling for it while not giving it yourself is quite another. Compounding this with a vote for an opinion I agreed with did not at all sit well with me.

I'm h-h-happy to leave my vote on Gendo for now. Gendo claims Clown Man was suggesting we should ignore deaths entirely, but I don't see how one could possibly extrapolate more from Clown Man's statement than "don't look into night kills", which is pretty good advice, wouldn't you say? Night kill meta is a veritable fortress of WIFOM.

On the issue of Guts Man and Dahlia, I find myself agreeing with Guts Man. Dahlia's post was nothing but setup and night action speculation; I believe the technical term is "Information Instead of Analysis". Guts Man was quite right to call her out on this, and the OMGUS FoS combined with a now lack-of-vote amuses me. Dahlia will have to do much better if she wishes to escape my suspicion, should the deadline race be between her and Guts Man.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 10:59:02 PM »
* Gendo Ikari finally gets enough free time to actually watch this mad house crackling again.

The situation hasn't got much less depressing, I see. We still have one person who hasn't even posted at all and many of the people who did aren't even really present. Regardless.

I see there's a train just itching to get going here, and I don't like it. The debacle between Gorgutz and Dahlia is vaguely entertaining in a schadenfreude sense, but it just reeks of being an easy target for more malicious shenanigans than even this den of thieves is typically capable of. Which actually leads to what I'll do:

## UNVOTE: Joker
## VOTE: Dark Helmet

The fact Joker is in the possibly forming train deserves some attention, but I at least can -see- the reasoning he employed (an extension on Gorgutz's reasoning here, and I don't find it entirely unreasonable either: Dahlia's behavior, while talkative, isn't necessarily productive currently. Gorgutz's behavior itself isn't immaculate either, but it requires more observation. Suffice to say, they're not clean spots, but I don't think -either- warrants trainhopping right now).

However, Dark Helmet... didn't like how you could simply dismiss the death, thus voted for Dahlia, when Joker was the first one to actually dismiss the idea, with a more dubious wording at the moment? And then, simply disappears into a fine mist? Yeah no. This looks bad to me.

Ninja'd by Dr. Wily, it seems. I'll address him in my next post, which should be as soon as possible.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 11:04:47 PM »
Anyhow. On Wily's words: I never had the intention to rolefish there, it was mostly mild confusion on my part. I also -will- admit at this point that I may have read more into Joker's words than they seemed to imply, but you'll forgive me if I'm not entirely willing to take everything at face value here, given the circumstances. I'll also give you the net result here of the speculation, at least: it didn't quite hit me at the point how much of a circlejerk this would end up being, but there needed to be -something- to get this goddamn ball going. Faulty modus operandi, I guess. 

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 11:50:28 PM »
I do have to apologize, Gendo ol' chap, for taking part in this little game as much as I should. I do have a nuclear plant to run, and it takes up a lot of my time. I do hope you allow me to spare some chit-chat, but having read what has been posted so far by the others, and the duel between the beauty and the beast is too good to put to a halt, I do feel compelled to agree with you regarding the Helmet issue. Small words hoping to go by unnoticed perhaps?

##Unvote: Dr Wily
##Vote: Dark Helmet

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 11:53:30 PM »
I do have to apologize, Gendo ol' chap, for taking part in this little game as much as I should.

for NOT taking part....

Still old typewrting knicknacks and this inter.... webnet thing. I still have to get used to this baffling so called technology...

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 12:07:24 AM »

Gorgutz (3): Light, Bowser, Beatrice

Gorgutz (1): Edna

You are incompetent! hi-hhihihhihihihihihihihihihihi!!

Explain Gig's lack of presence on the vote track. You couldn't have just forgotten him, riiiight? It's got nothing to do with the potato, riiiiiight? *cackle*cackle*

The emerging dichotomy of Dahlia versus Gorgutz displeases me. Especially the position that the Joker forwards that seems primarily based on Dahlia simply acting in character. Much worse with several around who have done little to nothing but such character pitches. I cannot help but see the value in Dahlia's initial theories concerning the first corpse's quantum state, but am disappointed by her lack of a vote now if nothing else.

I still disagree with the furniture's position, and support the other emerging train on Dark Helmet, his ill-felt presence not allowing further comment here.

The lead up to the first twilight rarely goes well for the pieces on the board, but it is most boring to see so little movement by several so far into the opening game.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 12:12:48 AM »
I cannot help but see the value in Dahlia's initial theories concerning the first corpse's quantum state, but am disappointed by her lack of a vote now if nothing else.

I'm happy for you that you can, witch. Would you mind explaining those values to those of us that cannot see Dahlia's night speculation and lack of relevant content as anything worthwhile?

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 12:23:05 AM »
The emerging dichotomy of Dahlia versus Gorgutz displeases me. Especially the position that the Joker forwards that seems primarily based on Dahlia simply acting in character.

Nay, madam, it is for...

but am disappointed by her lack of a vote now if nothing else.

this. 

She lacks a vote, she acts in a way that, in character or not, she must know will draw attention to herself, then she decries those who vote her.  A very basic setup for a most unfunny punchline.  This itself may be a weak jest, but we've got a deathly silent crowd out there tonight and it's better than anything else.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 12:29:17 AM »
Nothing to see here folks...

Day 1 Vote

Gorgutz (4): Light, Edna, Bowser, Beatrice
Dr. Wily (0): Mr. Burns
Beatrice (0): Joker
Dark Helmet (3): Vegeta, Gendo, Mr. Burns
Joker (0): Gendo
Dahlia (3): Gorgutz, Dark Helmet, Joker

No Vote: Dahlia, Gaston, Gig
No Post: Gig

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

17.75 hours remain in Day 1
And since I can edit there, I will let you all know that Gig is now getting an inactivity poke.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 12:54:37 AM »
Godda--! Motherf--! That damn man-cow came and trampled all over my post!

Hmph. I'll make it short, so even the red-head can understand. She talks about Night 0 possibilities, and has a call out for people to role claim without actually asking. As for the rest of the case, well, talk to the clown.

##VOTE: Dahlia

However, you. Egghead. You call on four-eyes for role fishing, even though the red-head is the guilty one there. You better stop giving the man-cow a run for his money, or else you're next. Got it?

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 01:46:11 AM »

I'm happy for you that you can, witch. Would you mind explaining those values to those of us that cannot see Dahlia's night speculation and lack of relevant content as anything worthwhile?

All too happy to stoke the division ever wider, aren't you, old man?

But if you must push, what pleased me most was the identification of the first corpse's quantum status, being both unreasonable to be an actual playing piece killed instantly and likewise to be an elaborate soulless piece dangled for so long. Much like how that fool Battler could not come to suspect his family or anyone else on Rokkenjima, but could not come to believe in me. Kihihihihi!

Let alone the context. Let alone it being the only course on the menu when dished up. Let alone that it has best resolved the confusion surrounding the game's genesis and killed the topic as it festered... as much as it then did instantly create a new one. Her eventual flailing pains me, but even there I'd grant more effort than I see elsewhere.

And to the Joker: I'll take your word for it. That's not how I read your previous stance, but I can see how a narrator may present it so, and will give you the benefit of the doubt here. Devil's Proof, after all. Kihihihihihihihihihihi!

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 03:06:04 AM »

Dr Wily.  Call it an OMGUS if you wish, but sweet Christmas has Gorgy been useless.  He's said precisely one thing of note this game: that he *agrees* with my argument and that he's voting me anyway because it's too easy.  Despite the blatantly obvious fact that people do in fact disagree with said apparently-not-uncontroversial analysis, and continue to do so for some reason.  The Haruhi matter is actually quite minor so I don't see agreement or disagreement a large issue, but voting someone at random for taking a side?  Right.

Gig. If you think I was rolefishing you're wrong.  Don't know what to say other than in order to refute a claim that Night 0 was irrelevant, you must bring up the fact that roles exist.

Now, for our other friend...

Tsk, tsk, tsk.  People unable to even take a joke from the mod.   If I were a hero, I might go on a nice little spiel about how analyzing nightkills is never a good or productive idea, but I guess we're all a little crazy here, aren't we?

To return to the original context of this debate... psychoanalyzing the nightkill of a non-player with no content is obviously *impossible*, and nobody's tried to do that.  However your claim that the nightkill should be *completely ignored* is idiotic.  This whole incident, call it a "game of Mafia," had a Night 0.  Therefore, night actions occurred on this Night, and there may be useful evidence in the mix this Day 1.  That is all that I, and others who disagreed with you, are saying.

She lacks a vote, she acts in a way that, in character or not, she must know will draw attention to herself, then she decries those who vote her.  A very basic setup for a most unfunny punchline.  This itself may be a weak jest, but we've got a deathly silent crowd out there tonight and it's better than anything else.

No vote?  Right.  Let's fix that.

##VOTE: Joker

There was not a recent votecount when I last testified, and several more Gorgy-votes had accumulated.  I believed Gorgy had 4 or possibly even 5 votes at the time.  No need to push someone so close to a lynch on Day 1, and my feelings were perfectly clear.

As for my perfectly rational and non-hysterical denunciation of those who would dare question anything I could ever do, yes that is in-character in a manner which should be completely obvious.  I don't even know what you're trying to get at her.  The point is that as a sweet and innocent college student there is absolutely no reason to suspect me so I see no reason to not to let my displeasure be known.

##UNVOTE: Joker

Had you going, didn't I?  A little prank.  I'm not liking the content of your posts, but there are considerably more lynchable targets still.  Gorgy has combined low-content with lurking, and Helmet is lurking + apparently didn't read very carefully.  I'm going to have keep with my original thought for now, I suppose.

##VOTE: Warboss Gorgy

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2010, 03:09:11 AM »

Tee-hee...  oops, your Honor!  A slight revision to my testimony.  In the tiny text that should be "here," not "her."

I'm sorry for seeming so angry and out of sorts up there!  I feel much better now.  I hope we can all get along and sort this whole mess out!

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2010, 03:14:57 AM »
Umm...  ahem...  I mean, of course Miss Hawthorne.  The court would be happy to accept your revision!

And with your revision, we also have a vote count!

Day 1 Vote

Gorgutz (5): Light, Edna, Bowser, Beatrice, Dahlia
Dr. Wily (0): Mr. Burns
Beatrice (0): Joker
Dark Helmet (3): Vegeta, Gendo, Mr. Burns
Joker (0): Gendo, Dahlia
Dahlia (4): Gorgutz, Dark Helmet, Joker, Gig

No Vote: Gaston

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2010, 03:38:33 AM »
Hmph. I still got my eye on you, girly. Although, speaking of lurking, where the hell are the other four?

"You mean Gaston, Bowser, Edna, and Vegeta?"

Yeah, those idiots. Heh. I bet they ran away like the cowards they are. After all, who'd want to stick around to face the baddest of the bad, the strongest of them all, the one, the only, the totally indestructible Gig himself! Heh.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2010, 05:11:09 AM »
However, you. Egghead. You call on four-eyes for role fishing, even though the red-head is the guilty one there. You better stop giving the man-cow a run for his money, or else you're next. Got it?

My good man, I was calling on Gendo for asking for discussion where I knew there to be none. I pointed out rolefishing as the only way we could possibly study the wreckage and figure out what went wrong, and (perhaps mistakenly) gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was not actually rolefishing. This is how I know there was nothing meaningful for us to glean from the little girl's corpse, leading me to conclude that Gendo was simply trying to look productive while not actually doing anything.

But if you must push, what pleased me most was the identification of the first corpse's quantum status, being both unreasonable to be an actual playing piece killed instantly and likewise to be an elaborate soulless piece dangled for so long. Much like how that fool Battler could not come to suspect his family or anyone else on Rokkenjima, but could not come to believe in me. Kihihihihi!

Let alone the context. Let alone it being the only course on the menu when dished up. Let alone that it has best resolved the confusion surrounding the game's genesis and killed the topic as it festered... as much as it then did instantly create a new one. Her eventual flailing pains me, but even there I'd grant more effort than I see elsewhere.

It pleased you that Dahlia effectively said "It might have been a scum kill, or it might have been a vigilante kill, or it might have been a mod action, and roles that might or might not exist might or might not have information as a result of the death, who knows"? It pleases you that she added no relevant opinions whatsoever to the game? I know I haven't gone senile yet, and I can't see a single string of meaningful data from Dahlia in that entire post. Again, trying to look productive while not actually doing anything.

##Unvote: Gendo Ikari

His explanation satisfies me for now.

##Vote: Dahlia Hawthorne

For saying nothing of meaning unless required in self-defense and only attacking people that find her suspicious (Clown Man, Guts Man).

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2010, 06:16:16 AM »
Pah, as if weak and foolish humans weren't bad enough, now a human woman dares challenge a mighty warrior? While that brute Gorgutz is nothing compared to my supreme power, I'd rather have any warrior around than a limp-wristed umbrella toting girlie, with her wussy pranks and bitching and whining!

Too many words from you, woman! Get back in the kitchen or my bedroom where you belong, and I'll deal with you after I've seen to some manly activities like training or fighting!

##Unvote, ##Vote Dahlia

Time to work on my punches. HA! HA! HO HA!

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2010, 06:41:18 AM »
Oi.

I really -don't- like the direction this is going. The train on Dahlia's formed fast and easy - and at a point where we have about four lurkers (note how Gorgutz conspicuously disappeared after gorging down on Dahlia. Dark Helmet is still nowhere to be seen. And where have Edna and Gaston been hiding since that first cerimonial post?) and the whole piling up on Dahlia honestly doesn't look any better than simply misguided OMGUS thrown out in self-defense. I know she's essentially thrown herself into a comfortably bad position, but I'm now feeling that we have at least half the scum train-hopping onto her and hoping for a quick hammer - and she's bound to only dig herself further in, further justifying the easy lynch. I don't know. Her behavior is bad, sure, but it looks less like actual scum behavior than it looks like outright poor play due to applied pressure. Maybe it'd be more productive to actually eye the lurkers at this point instead of jumping into yet another predictable pressure OMGUS-fueled lynch.