Author Topic: Futurama: Anthology of Interest 2 (Round 1)  (Read 5148 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama: Anthology of Interest 2 (Round 1)
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:13:23 PM »
Go go go go go!  Sunday you have until.

Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) v Ferham (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4)
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) v Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)

Altima (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) v Xorn (Grandia III)
Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Archibald Grimes (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) v Seymour (Final Fantasy X)

Heavy

Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Kary (Final Fantasy)
Denim Powell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) v Geddoe (Suikoden III)
Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss)
Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Kluke (Blue Dragon) v Ho-Oh (Pokémon)
Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)
Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)

Middle

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)
Saber (Dragon Quest V) v Katsuya Suou (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
Lymel Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) v Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) v Marcia (Fire Emblem Series)

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Pesmerga (Suikoden Series)
Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4)
Mao (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)

Light

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon)
Ellen (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Healie (Dragon Quest IV)
Head Editor (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Badrach (Valkyrie Profile)
Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series) v Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII)

Beat (Eternal Sonata) v Tolone (Xenogears)
Penelo (Final Fantasy Series) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts)
Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama: Anthology of Interest 2 (Round 1)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:38:16 PM »
Godlike

Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Ghaleon may be able to deal with the hands, but Oz is too fast and damaging for this, I'm thinking, even with Chaos Shield buying Ghaleon time.

Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Archibald Grimes (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)

Heavy

Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss)

Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) - Just better.

Middle

Lymel Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) v Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Pesmerga (Suikoden Series) - Hmmm... take a hit, D-Formation+Half-Life, get attacked again, Lion DAAAAAASHU x2, kill?  It's shaky but it seems like Lion's best bet here, IIRC S2 Pesmerga was below average on defense.  Could be argued.  Edit: S1 Pesmerga is more durable, but less damaging by a fairly significant margin, not sure if it changes much overall.
Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4)
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII) - Kneejerk lolniccolo

Light

Ellen (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Healie (Dragon Quest IV) - Counters and 2HKOs Healie's shitty durability and that's that.  Screw thinking about this shitfest.
Head Editor (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Badrach (Valkyrie Profile) - what

Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Kneejerking that SO1o Ronixis is good enough for this
Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI) - Kneejerk lolboney
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:44:00 AM by Random Consonant »

Taishyr

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:59:07 PM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) v Ferham (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - Uh.
Archibald Grimes (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Insert Archibald respect... somewhere else.

Heavy

Denim Powell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) v Geddoe (Suikoden III) - Yeah, think Geddoe clears too fast.
Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - Even with my boss scaling, I'm -pretty sure- this isn't Grunzford's style of fight. EDIT: Or I might be massively underselling the dude, checking again.

Middle

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII)
v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) - ...uh. We'll go with I'll allow her the Dragon Shield since she starts with shields I guess and it's storebought. Not thinking about this hard.

Light

Head Editor (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Badrach (Valkyrie Profile) - HEAD EDITOR, NOOOOOO
Penelo (Final Fantasy Series) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - Penelo deserves to champ this division.
Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI) - I might be forgetting Locke twinkery. Correct me if he gets, say, ID or something. EDIT: ORRRR I was overrating Boney on a gut check! Wow, that'll teach me to do these things without thinking.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:36:06 AM by Taitoro »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 12:25:50 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 12:33:46 AM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) v Ferham (Mega Man X: Command Mission): This might need greater analysis, but... Cosmic Power is spoiled by the fact that Ferham can freeze Arceus, then use Crimson Shade and start launching critical hits and such. Freeze also cancels any resistances a target may have, to boot. EDIT: Wait, Ice Plate. That cripples Arceus' own damage, but does give him a better shot due to freeze immunity... still, kneejerking he's too vulnerable to a good physical blitz then.
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): Uh. Um. Yeah I need to sort out how I view Oz. Damnit CK why do you enjoy using the least rankable characters from games.

Altima (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) v Xorn (Grandia III): Thinking the wall phase gives her the edge she needs in a fast slugfest like this. Helps that Xorn hits her wrong defence.
Archibald Grims (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): My view of SRW bosses makes them extremely mediocre against those with uncounterable damage. Unfortunately for Empyrea, all she has there is a OPR Zap which scares nothing. Instead she has to use her physical attacks, which provoke evil, evil, 150 Will Attacker/Revenge/whatever the hell Archibald had that made his damage so gross, and she has to provoke them twice a round! Yeaaah, no.

Heavy

Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss): Oh god, Citrine isn't very good, but she at least belongs in the division. Mohs is a Middle against mages and a Light against physical attackers. Barely half the HP of Largo/Legretta coupled with lol defence and bad damage... yeah what the fuck.

Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile): Good fight, but it does feel clearly Lucian's? Ancel has an initiative tiebreak (bad move/range) working against him, and Lucian's damage is probably high enough to maintain his 2HKO here.

Middle

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Pesmerga (Suikoden Series): Pesmerga's high pdur reduces Lion damage to a 4RKO, but Half-Life brings that back to a 3RKO. Lion has just enough pdur to stave off a 3HKO and goes first. D-Formation can only tilt things further in Lion's favour.
Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4): Not sure which form of Liese I vote on, never mind how either does here.
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII): Niccolo in Middle? I dunno about that.

Light

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon): ... pretty sure.
Ellen (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Healie (Dragon Quest IV): ... also pretty sure.
Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series) v Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII): Luigi was a pretty wretched dueller IIRC, Mario seemed better in almost every meaningful stat.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:45:21 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »
Godlike

Heavy
Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) I think he should be able to buff past a limit.

Middle

Light
Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series) v Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII)- Above average durability and siphon boots should help Luigi win the slugfest.

Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 01:00:39 AM »
Godlike

Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- Splat.
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) v Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- Will think on it.

Heavy

Denim Powell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) v Geddoe (Suikoden III)- Think a HoR+Soaring bolt does it; doubt Denim can heal his way out of that kind of trouble.
Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss)- no

Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)- Should be able to tank through?

Middle

Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4)- Don't remember this guy at all.
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)- Niccolo was a bad light IIRC.

Light

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon)- Not Lyre.
Ellen (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Healie (Dragon Quest IV)- Lalalala Snow deserves this lalalala

Beat (Eternal Sonata) v Tolone (Xenogears)- Faster (...), more durable (................), and has limit healing to completely own Tolone (*sob*).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:07:23 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 03:44:05 AM »
Godlike
Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Strong gut reaction. Tetri gets better given some time. Lady is incredibly adept at killing quickly.

Heavy
Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss)- Well, I think Mohs' HP is okay (NEB says half Legretta/Largo, but topic notes it as about the same). But...yeah, bad DEF. Citrine has...shit for damage, but a lot more durability.
Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- Sadface at vote total here, I'm sure

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- If Sazh's damage is average and buffs are about 1.8 to damage and Cloud gets an interrupter turn, seems like he's at the least getting his L1. Can FF 12 block Stop? That would make me rethink this, but for now, seems like the evils of Cloud's L1 gives him this.
Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)- Feel like I'm missing something here with Jeremy voters. I thought fairly tanky people with near OHKO counters should deal with even the evil Jeremy forms.

Middle
Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)- Has OHKO and is fast versus doesn't have OHKO and is not fast.
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) v Marcia (Fire Emblem Series)- Need to wait until I can access my Marcia notes to number crunch this.

Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4)- Cute. A guarantee use for Spell Reinforce (Assuming that's supposed to be this match's quirk)

Light

Lyre Penelo (Final Fantasy Series) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts)- Well...yeah, FF 12 scaling is not really something that I'm too down with. Scaling might change things, but I'd also imagine that Holy is pretty slow, meaning I couldn't be sure I'd vote for her anyways.
Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword- Ronyx 2HKOs average, so he 2HKOs Lowen. Lowen does not 2HKO and does not counter. Easy enough.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:33:16 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 05:02:09 AM »
Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)- Huh, is not allowing plume skills that widespread?

Ancel gets Plume skills? Unless my memory is WAY off, only Wylfred, the main, can actually use the plume and the resulting skills from it at all...
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 05:09:17 AM »
Godlike

Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)

Heavy

Middle

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Pesmerga (Suikoden Series)

Light

May get to the stuff I didn't italicize later, when I have more brain.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 06:32:41 AM »
Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)- Huh, is not allowing plume skills that widespread?

Ancel gets Plume skills? Unless my memory is WAY off, only Wylfred, the main, can actually use the plume and the resulting skills from it at all...

Yeah, this was me being dumb. For some reason, even when reading his name, seeing a phys VP:DS slugger in Heavy made me keep auto-defaulting to Wyl  (Although Ancel does have a shot. May avoid being 2HKOed).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:35:35 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 07:18:31 AM »
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - Splat.

I'm not sure how much I agree with Meeple's list of Zack's equipment, as this involves treasure that is basically aftergame.  If you allow it Zack is a High Godlike and cruises.  However, let's just take treasure Zack can get in the main game from chests and assume he does no Missions whatsoever.   He can get a Dragon Armlet from the sniper rifle minigame which halves Fire / Ice / Lightning.  Even if we don't let Zack have auto-Barrier and auto-MBarrier equipment, that should be enough to ensure Seymour can't OHKO.  And oh wait this is all moot checking the stat topic Seymour is slower than average so Zack gets to toss up MBarrier anyway even if he doesn't have it automatically.  This saves Zack even if you let Seymour start on whatever element he wants (I don't) and hype Waterga as piercing Zack's elemental protection.  Anyway, MBarrier (or Wall if you allow it) lasts some stupidly long amount of time in combat turns, Zack heals a bunch, the DMW eventually gives him something broken like invincibility.

EDIT: On second thought never even mind Wall, Zack uses MBarrier because it's more MP cost-efficient and magic is the only thing that matters.  It also means that Zack lasts longer if Seymour wants to get into an MBarrier->Dispel->MBarrier war (which ends badly for Seymour thanks to the DMW as usual).

Heavy

Middle

Um.  I don't think I ever used Lo Fong, though from Dhyer's topic he should be nowhere near Middle if he has a fast OHKO.  That said it doesn't matter.  I'm of the "let all characters have all storebought equipment" mindset and the Dragon Shield (checking a FAQ, yeah, bought at the Phon Coast) immunes Earth (the FF12 cast can play a rather FF9-esque element-spoiling game).  If you care about starting equips and let them "scale up" then Ashe uses a Sword & Shield anyway as a guest and when she joins.  

Also, in rant mode, think carefully before using the "starting license board equips vs. endgame enemies" averages in OK's topic.  It effectively massively advantages characters who join a little later.  It also means that Vaan and Penelo are damageless punies who lose to Jogurt and artificially lower the damage average, which is wildly out of character to the game.

Light

Final Fantasy Series?  This include her FF12 appearance, then?  If so this is a godawful slaughter, even under fairly harsh FF12 interps....  Zhuzen's durability is bad enough the ol' Attack-> Quickening works fine here.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:02:31 PM by SnowFire »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 08:29:52 AM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) v Ferham (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - Literally
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) v Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) - how

Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - CK
Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) v Seymour (Final Fantasy X)  - thinks

Heavy

Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Kary (Final Fantasy) - Laggy
Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss) - on

Middle

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) - fire

Light

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon) - Ko
Head Editor (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Badrach (Valkyrie Profile) - is
Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series) v Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) - unbalanced

Penelo (Final Fantasy Series) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - Rambunctious
Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - jade
Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI) - monkey

<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »
Godlike

Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - It's Lady.

Heavy

Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Ouch.  Elliot goes first and 2HKOs with Anje's Song, even through Aeroga.

Middle

Mao (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) - Hmm.  Mao damage is pretty awesome, but so is Ginny's Evade.  Will have to think on this one. EDIT:  Mao has game-worst accuracy.  Ginny has game-best Evade.  Mao going for magic to try to get around that in some interpretations takes too long to kill, while Ginny's offense and defense just keep getting better.  Going by the numbers I can figure...

Turn order: Ginny (Shoot) -> Mao (~84%) (Boomerang Axe, miss) -> Ginny (Shoot) -> Mao (~68%) (Boomerang Axe, miss) -> Ginny (Defend/Reload) -> Mao (Boomerang Axe, hit) -> Ginny (Gatling), Win.

Honestly, Mao does not like having 67% average HIT versus 141% average evade.
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII) - Yyyyeah, Niccolo is a Borderline High Light/Low Middle at best.

Light
Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series) v Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) - Mario is very offensive in each game.  Luigi, for some reason, is very tanky.

Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI) - Shouldn't Locke be in Middle?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:40:19 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »
Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) - Equip hax.

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon) - If nothing else, SAND ATTACK HYPE.
Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI) - Locke's definitely Light, but Boney is Puny. When Locke wins mostly through durability, something has gone wrong.

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- meh, kneejerk
Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)- Ancel is heavy?

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)- Lo Fong isnt middle
Saber (Dragon Quest V) v Katsuya Suou (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- kneejerk
Lymel Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) v Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- um, wow, No clue. Both have silence. Sophia was pretty slow casting, so kneejerking that Lym can cast it faster
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) v Marcia (Fire Emblem Series)- Evade vs pure physical dueller

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon)- Lyre fails.
Head Editor (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Badrach (Valkyrie Profile)- LOL Head Editor
Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword- Ronyx is awful in the remake

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) v Ferham (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - Ferham
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - Mmm...did Goat Dolls do anything to Belial's 4D Pocket?  If they did, Aya has the Revival items which would block off the 4D Pocket attack to me if that's the case
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Ghaleon
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) v Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) - Nyarlathotep...Repede is Bluelike!  Also...mmm...dispel didn't get it in-game, or was it not possible in-game to use Dispel?  If it is, Nyarlathotep has a shot, as he is faster.

Altima (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) v Xorn (Grandia III) - Can't vote on Laggy Fantasy Tactics
Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Lady
Archibald Grimes (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Empyrea
Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) v Seymour (Final Fantasy X) - ...uh...Zack.  Wow - he could block zombification, right?

Heavy

Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Kary (Final Fantasy) - Kary
Denim Powell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) v Geddoe (Suikoden III) - Geddoe
Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss) - Citrine...I think
Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Elliot

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - Cloud
Kluke (Blue Dragon) v Ho-Oh (Pokémon) - Kluke
Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) - Ancel
Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - Jeremy

Middle

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) - Ashelia
Saber (Dragon Quest V) v Katsuya Suou (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) - Katsuya
Lymel Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) v Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Sophia
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) v Marcia (Fire Emblem Series) - Corselia

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Pesmerga (Suikoden Series) - Pesmerga.  Storebought darkness runes!
Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4) - Kesaran
Mao (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) - NO DISGAEA 3
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII) - Tifa

Light

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon) - Pidgeot
Ellen (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Healie (Dragon Quest IV) - Healie, though I don't know who Ellen is
Head Editor (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Badrach (Valkyrie Profile) - DAMN YOU FINAL FANTASY TACTCS
Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series) v Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) - Raijin

Beat (Eternal Sonata) v Tolone (Xenogears) - Beat
Penelo (Final Fantasy Series) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - Penelo.  Yay allowing what I allow...and also Mage Masher.
Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Can't vote on remake Ronixis.
Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI) - Boney, on the fact Locke is in the wrong division!  DQ!!! Mmm...blizzards...
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 04:48:16 AM »
OK please make your votes more clear.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 04:51:07 AM »
In what ways are those votes unclear? Because you have to look to the right of the votes instead of seeing what's bolded? Seriously? It will take you 5 extra seconds to count this (if that), it would take OK a couple minutes to edit his post.

Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 04:52:58 AM »
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) v Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) - Nyarlathotep...Repede is Bluelike!  Also...mmm...dispel didn't get it in-game, or was it not possible in-game to use Dispel?  If it is, Nyarlathotep has a shot, as he is faster.

I was looking at this vote in particular.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 04:58:04 AM »
Oh. I interpreted that as a Nyarly vote without thinking twice, but I can see it now that you mention it.

Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 05:09:41 AM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) v Ferham (Mega Man X: Command Mission): Don't know or remember Ferham. One of the two.
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4): No Aya. Cute matchup though. Think Belial would win it under my views.
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): This is a good matchup. Think Oz having two forms pushes him over the edge though. And he can keep the relevant parts in the back row and keep up his offense. Not entirely sure here, but good matchup.
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) v Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment): No Nyarlie.

Altima (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) v Xorn (Grandia III): No LFT.
Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Tetri ain't bad but come on. It's fucking Lady.
Archibald Grimes (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): NO THINKING JUST VOTE AND MOVE ON. Evade and stuff I guess. At least I think he had good evade. Bah.
Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) v Seymour (Final Fantasy X): Barrier, elemental walling, ITD damage. And the list goes on. Honestly though with ITD damage Zack can probably just 2HKO Seymour while not being OHKOd? Dunno where I place Seymour's HP but 'not good'

Heavy

Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Kary (Final Fantasy): There is a paralysis negating item... Viese opens with Divine Shield and that should enable her to win? I'm not too sure about Divine Shield's effectiveness but it should be enough, especially since Kary is multi-hit... And I am just doing conjecture here honestly.
Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss): The only thing I remember Mohs doing was sucking.
Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Sure I suppose he's fast and has a 2HKO that should work here.

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Haste and Brave... Yeah I guess Haste doesn't matter and Brave/En-element spells aren't enough to prevent the L1 Limit? Honestly though I'm not sure here. Did En-element spells boost Commando damage when switched back to that?
Kluke (Blue Dragon) v Ho-Oh (Pokémon): Maybe if Ho-Oh wasn't a FREAKING ENORMOUS MAGIC TANK WITH BADASS DAMAGE AND GOOD SPEED, Kluke might have a chance. (She might also have had one had she immuned fire! Yeah Kluke is out of luck here). If someone comes along and explains that Shadowus ID actually works on enemies though I will switch my vote.
Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile): I kinda doubt Ancel tanks two combos from Lucian, of all people.
Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4): Jeremy 1/2 I suppose. Should be reasonable since 3/4 is obviously something... freaky. Edit: Not in a mood to argue with Dhyer, so I'll just buy what he is selling.

Middle

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV): Not thinking about FF12.
Lymel Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) v Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): I think she can pull this off. I could be mistaken. No aftergame stuff I suppose.
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) v Marcia (Fire Emblem Series): Need to finish Suiko Tactics someday I suppose.

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Pesmerga (Suikoden Series): Hmm. 3RKO works for me.
Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4): Who the fuck is Kesaran Pasaran.
Mao (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3): No Disgaea 3.
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII): Half starting limit gauge.

Light

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon): I just... yeah.

Beat (Eternal Sonata) v Tolone (Xenogears): Tolone is slower but has a 3HKO! Beat should see his third turn and overkill while throwing out her damage. Sad.
Penelo (Final Fantasy Series) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts): No RW, so not much FF12 hype here. I should probably nab that someday.
Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Not sure...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:11:53 PM by Pyro »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 09:05:22 AM »
Lymel Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) v Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- um, wow, No clue. Both have silence. Sophia was pretty slow casting, so kneejerking that Lym can cast it faster

Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword- Ronyx is awful in the remake

The first match here is pretty baffling, because Sophia blocks Silence, and even if she didn't, using battle skills I think means she doesn't care. Freeze chain or Blood Scylla chain tend to be her money.

For the second match, did you get the SO 1r version of Gremlain Lair? It's casting time is near instantaneous and it's damage is great. Takes out Lowen pretty well.

Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4): Jeremy 1/2 I suppose. Should be reasonable since 3/4 is obviously something... freaky.

Seems like Grunzford destroys even Jeremy 1-2. Attack->Counter->Attack->Counter. Jeremy does have the durability to take two of Grunzford's counters, is definitely susceptible to counters. Even without counters...Jeremy uses a Bazooka, right? (Aka: Grunzford gets like a 50% damage boost and cuts his damage by 50%. Grunzford is already so adept at taking down physicallers, forget it if he's halving damage and doing over PC HP a hit even with his non-crit ranged attack!).
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 06:01:21 PM »
Seeing no clarification from CK, I'll assume that FF12 Penelo is legal, who...  is probably not a Light to me.  So yeah, Penelo attacks, and even with less damage, it's basically a heal-lock on Zhu because she threatens a Quickening to me.  If I'm feeling generous she has other options too but I think that's sufficient.

OK: Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) v Seymour (Final Fantasy X) - ...uh...Zack.  Wow - he could block zombification, right?

Seymour Flux hype, I see.  Zombie isn't in FF7:CC.   However, since you seem to be an aftergamey allowing type person, Zack has "block all status" equips which presumably stop Zombie.  Even if Zombie can hit...  I know that Esuna in FFX doesn't stop Zombie, but there is a cheap effect that does get rid of it, so it's not an inherently undispellable effect.  I'd maintain that there should be some way of dispelling it cross-games then to reflect this, so I'd let Zack's Esuna dispel Zombie since Holy Waters don't exist in FF7.  This means Seymour would just get into a Lance of Atrophy -> Esuna war until Zack's DMW won it for him.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 06:28:48 PM »
I think OK allows bosses all parts, in which case Lance of Atrophy + Full-Life... might come too quickly to be dealt with? Seymour Flux is kinda weird since it's random whether the body or the pyrefly-mech goes first, which means it may be possible for Lance of Atrophy -> Full-Life or there may be a turn between them, in which case the logical move becomes Cross Cleave -> Lance of Atrophy.

Single-part Flux of course just gets owned. Probably. It is worth noting that Flux is above average speed and Lance of Atrophy does do sooome damage, but I'd still think Zack takes it easily enough.

Also, although mercifully irrelevant to this match (I'd be voting Zack if it's not clear), I have to speak out strongly against Auto-Barrier getting treated as 2x durability. Anything initial goes into the averages, and Zack can't escape being average due to a 1-PC game. For instance, entire casts of FF5 and FF6 have access to Auto-Haste if you allow accessories, but even if you do I'd seriously hope you don't treat the entire casts as fast just because they have an innate auto-buff. Same applies here.

Maybe.