Register

Author Topic: FFT Mafia 2: LFT: Richard Hawk vs the Kolliery, Preemptive Discussion/Signups  (Read 13340 times)

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
Sounds fun. I'm in.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
In
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Alex asked me to post this publicly in the thread, so for what it's worth, I'd prefer to not get the job of King if possible.  This is public knowledge at start so can't be metagamed (unlike requesting scum / non-scum).  Time constraints I didn't have a year ago remain the reason.

Also, two theorycrafting notes, though I hope not to bog things down too much:

1. I'm just saying now, before I know if I'm town or scum, that this sounds like the rare Mafia game where townies have extremely legitimate reasons to lie, or at least shut up on all sorts of knowledge.  The fact that the other team can read the thread means that being too helpful about battle actions can enable the other team to puzzle out their traitors, and outright lies can send the other team into a tizzy where they lynch the wrong person.

2. Xanth's worry seems legitimate, though I'm glad Alex has taken that into account.  No lynch does sound pretty strong even if traitors are unlikely to be killed accidentally by their team; suppose Team A lynches 3 innocents + all 3 traitors Day 1 (an amazingly awesome trade in normal Mafia), and Team B no-lynches constantly.  Can 7 guaranteed innocents defeat 10 innocents + 3 traitors?  If that's a close battle, then no-lynch does sound very strong.  If that's a slaughter in favor of Team A, then lynches should be useful.

3. The best ending will be a Death Corps victory where both Kings are lynched in both threads the same day and the surviving traitors band together for a free society with no nobles and no oppression.  (And perhaps friendly Glabados Church support).

4. Things will be confusing in the Kolliery since everyone will presumably be called Ko.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Yes, that's one of the reasons I'm definitely implementing the "no claiming exact numbers" clause.  Like any normal mafia game, lying as town is probably ill advised (as other people on your team, and your King, can't make good decisions then) but concealing your role powers unless necessary is a good idea.

Team A lynches 3 innocents + all 3 traitors Day 1 (an amazingly awesome trade in normal Mafia), and Team B no-lynches constantly.  Can 7 guaranteed innocents defeat 10 innocents + 3 traitors?  If that's a close battle, then no-lynch does sound very strong.  If that's a slaughter in favor of Team A, then lynches should be useful.

That would probably be a slaughter in favor of team A, unless team B lynched its traitors very quickly.  Sending traitors into battle WILL rough your team up something fierce.  Like any normal mafia game, if you attempt a strategy of constant no lynch and try to win purely on power roles, that's almost a free ticket for a scum win.  Scum will have a definite advantage over town in night actions - and they lack a normal nightkill here, so that's saying something.

Public discussion on kingship is encouraged, especially once we get who's in what game mostly sorted out.  I'm not going to put it to a vote, just because of how important the position is, but yeah people should say if they want to be king or not, who they'd want to be kings, etc.

There will be a lot of flavor!  There may or may not be third parties!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
I find it amusing that the two people in the Cameo Battle are fighting against the Kolliery.  Better traitors than Ko?

lmm

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Count me in, this should be made to happen. Dislike the notion of splitting it as casual/serious because it gives a seemingly legitimate reason to disagree with someone else's playstyle, but if you're doing it I guess call me serious.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Alchemy Scroll Blade
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 09:02:52 PM »
people should say if they want to be king or not, who they'd want to be kings, etc.

I will accept and play with any role passed in my direction, from king to vanilla to third party voteless doctorproof beloved princess ghost bomb miller with posting restrictions, 1 hit point, terminal cancer with a (nx10)% chance of killing me during night n, and a win condition of being the sole survivor out of both teams. I remain unconvinced of the balance shift brought on by inter-game concerns, but trust Alex implicitly for all other balance concerns.

For the latter, I shall at this point simply say that I would have no problem with anyone currently listed being king in either game (except maybe a few of the newer players) and would be happy with it being randomly generated along with everything else. The one criterion I would like emphasised is that whichever players do end up being the kings should be as sure as sensibly possible that they won't end up accidentally superlurking and get subbed out.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'd prefer to pass on being a king. And so would QR for that matter.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
Casual and serious only mean what you make of them!

For my part, I am done playing hardcore anal scumhunter 2000, but I wouldn't throw myself entirely in the casual camp, sooooo I'm fine with whichever side would have me.

As for discussing who should be king, eh. I'm a bit wary of hyping or anti-hyping anyone in particular, it doesn't seem like a fun discussion. In general, someone who doesn't lurk and has a decent track record of play is all I'm worried about. And I'd be happy to be King, and just as happy not to be.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
I'm fine with being a king or not.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
Honestly, Xanth's idea probably works the best. Just make a list of the not-totally-new players, and randomly select one to be King.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
I'd like to pre-emptively vote Ciato for King (Queen?) because her scumdar is absolutely insane. >_>

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Ranger Valour Omnibus
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 04:34:35 PM »
Willing to play the odds that you don't then end up scum, Kilga?

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
No real preference on king or not.
- Have you ever contemplated suicide?
 - Frequently. But only for others.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
Willing to play the odds that you don't then end up scum, Kilga?

I've been scum at the DL twice in >3 years. I like-a dem odds.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:45:12 PM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Count me in. Leaning towards hardcoar mafier, although I'm fine with either (seeing as I'm not exactly the best player here :P)

Edit: Also, can try and find more people to build up numbers if they're needed - I'll pick people specifically to make sure I get the active ones. >.>
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:20:40 PM by Yoshiken »

Bardiche

Like the others, I have no particular preference to be King or not.

lmm

• Denizen
    • View Profile
More than happy to take a king (or any other) role; at the same time it would be perfectly reasonable of the rest of you to disqualify me for inexperience. Other than that, obviously enough I'd prefer my king to be a good player; if we decide against random assignment, will do some more of this discussion-but-not-voting once the teams are clearer.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
I'd like to pre-emptively vote Ciato for King (Queen?) because her scumdar is absolutely insane. >_>

I really, really shouldn't play.  But if I get to call Ciato "my King" then I'm going to be very tempted....

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
When are you looking at starting?  I probably won't be able to play (except as a hardcore lurker) in January, but in February should have enough time to contribute at least enough to be a net plus to the game.

Setup sounds insane and interesting enough that I very much want in.  :)
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Somewhat adjustable/when we can get enough players?  Probably not starting till around the 15th.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Count me out unless something changes drastically. Loss of internet is not fun. :(

Hungry Youkai

• Denizen
  • Is that so~?
    • View Profile
I've never actually played Mafia before but this sounds like great fun. Count me in on whichever side needs more players.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
So we're sitting at 20 now, I'd like to get this off the ground in say a week or so?  Preferably with about 6 more players, tell your friends, ask your neighbors!

Bardiche

It's been a long time since we've had 20 sign ups in a given Mafia thread, and you still want more! Greedy.