Author Topic: What Games ya Playin' 2012 - Suplex a Train Edition  (Read 228251 times)

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
Re: What Games ya Playin' 2012 - Suplex a Train Edition
« Reply #800 on: April 01, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
I didn't realize there were other things you needed to do besides use Arc Rage and punch the fuck out of things. It's SH2. Pretty sure if Yuri's in your party nothing else matters.

Anyway, I'm replaying Alpha Protocol. I'm going to try and turn Marburg instead of killing him this time.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:57:20 PM by Rob the Stampede »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 01, 2012, 10:57:12 PM »
Decided to do a run through of Saga frontier since I haven't played it in a while and I didn't have much to do this weekend. Picked Red's quest and as far as his story is concerned I just beat the final Black X boss (order I used was Shuzer, Berva, MBlack, Campbell.) Power wise, my characters are in destroy the game mode. Party is Swordsman Red with mind magic, Mage Rouge with Light, Realm, and Rune, Gunner Emilia with Arcane and Shadow magic, Fighter Liza and Rabbit. Health ranges are currently in the 700-800 range and I've done almost all of the sidequests.

For whatever reason, I hadn't seriously used a gunner before this playthrough and i have to say I'm impressed by them. 2-gun Boundshot is competitive with everyone's best damage (not counting Liza's DSC of course) and QuickDraw and 2-gun give them good physicals for randoms. They have trouble with some enemies like the undead and plants but Trickshot seems to well against those enemies and is generally one of the most cost effective moves in the game (2000-3000 damage for 2 WP? Yes please!)

Most of my resets were in the beginning. I decided to solo Sei's tomb with Red and got killed multiple times because of Dead Knight combo attacks. I was able to beat them when I sparked Gale Slash in the first fight and then in either the second or third fight against them ended up sparking 2-Gale Slash as well. I remembered that you could get the Shield Card without going through Mosperiburg in Red's quest but I must have done some event out of order because I ended up having to do it. I had another bunch of resets trying to beat the Red and Black dragon fight with a party of 300 hp characters. Eventually I was successful when Liza decided she actually wanted to hit with her throwing techniques which were by far my best damage. A nice side effect was that she sparked Giant Swing and Babel Crumble so she was in business for the DSC.

The one on one Shuzer fight had a couple of resets because Red barely lost the damage race and I didn't have any good ways to heal him, but on the third try Red was able to take him out. I also had a reset against a nasty encounter group in the Shingrow Ruins. I had just bumped up to a new encounter level and one of the first enemies I ran into was a Genbu, two ice worms and some moderately difficult undead enemy. The genbu was positioned just so that it blocked 3 of my characters from hitting the ice worms and on the first turn the two ice worms teams up to take out Rouge before he could MegaWindBlast them. The Genbu then proceeded to block most of the attacks from part of my party and the other two members didn't have the firepower to cut their numbers down in time.

Overall it's been a lot of fun. I'm impressed with how atmospheric some of the areas have been especially the broken ship ruins in Shingrow, the Bio Research Lab and Wakatu. It really makes me want a remake of the game with some of the stuff that got left out and just to see some of the areas with modern day graphics. 

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 01, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
Fudo, the F weapon drops in final dungeon usually don't have the Accel related skills attached.
Those you find in the chest does. (Ever dungeon in F arc you visited, whether new or old, should have at least one or two).
What you want to do with those weapon are pulling out those skills that increase Accel culmination put them on a jewl, refine them to the max, and tag it on Cheria or Hubert or Richard. And you know the rest.
The weapons themselves are actually pretty useless. The ones you can get in Zhonecage inside the main games are way better.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 02, 2012, 03:29:41 AM »
Fudo, the F weapon drops in final dungeon usually don't have the Accel related skills attached.
Those you find in the chest does. (Ever dungeon in F arc you visited, whether new or old, should have at least one or two).
What you want to do with those weapon are pulling out those skills that increase Accel culmination put them on a jewl, refine them to the max, and tag it on Cheria or Hubert or Richard. And you know the rest.
The weapons themselves are actually pretty useless. The ones you can get in Zhonecage inside the main games are way better.

.....Uh oh.
Yeah, right now I'm only missing Pascal's final dungeon weapon but uhhh....
In retrospect, that seems so obvious.  So I'll let you facepalm for me when I say I just sold off the versions that had the accel skills because I had copies and didn't check the skill tab.
Yeah, I figured the Zhonecage weapons would be better but these are the best... sorta, I have right now.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 02, 2012, 03:45:53 AM »
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Playing this.  Hard to follow the plot because I'm playing in Japanese but it's Zelda plot so it's not like it's going to be all that different from any other entry in the series.  Got through the first dungeon, really liking it so far.  This game is what they wanted Twilight Princess to be with the Wii controls.  Unfortunately the controls are still a little sloppy even with the new motion sensor controllers, but for the most part it works well.  Also, they managed to make flying far less tedious than sailing was, which was something I was worried about.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 02, 2012, 06:39:47 AM »
.....Uh oh.
In retrospect, that seems so obvious.  So I'll let you facepalm for me when I say I just sold off the versions that had the accel skills because I had copies and didn't check the skill tab.
Yeah, I figured the Zhonecage weapons would be better but these are the best... sorta, I have right now.

Uhhh.... in this case... then it depends on how much you want to abuse the Accel. If you truly want to break the game, you can play the F arc again after finished once, and the chests re-spawn.

KH2DS - The card battle mini-game is extremely addicting and distracting, I really should stop playing it.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 02, 2012, 06:43:56 AM »
But is it more distracting and addictive than KH Monopoly?

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 02, 2012, 06:47:56 AM »
Kid Icarus Uprising: So...I just took down the Death Star.  I mean that more literally than you think too...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 02, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »
.....Uh oh.

Uhhh.... in this case... then it depends on how much you want to abuse the Accel. If you truly want to break the game, you can play the F arc again after finished once, and the chests re-spawn.

Well I do enjoy a good game breaking.  Once I beat Future and make my Save, can I beat the normal final again and load another Future save from it?

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 02, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »
Most of my resets were in the beginning. I decided to solo Sei's tomb with Red and got killed multiple times because of Dead Knight combo attacks.

Yeah, that fight can vary a little with luck. You need to go Alkaiser ASAP and hope your evade holds out there.  Cotton would help some there, but he means no Alkaiser (bad) and the bio lab isn't exactly easy pickings regardless.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: April 02, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
League of Legends: Dabbling around in the MOBA field again. My attempts to learn to jungle have not gone well so far. Might just be that Fiddlesticks isn't the right champ for me.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 02, 2012, 08:55:09 PM »
Most of my resets were in the beginning. I decided to solo Sei's tomb with Red and got killed multiple times because of Dead Knight combo attacks.

Yeah, that fight can vary a little with luck. You need to go Alkaiser ASAP and hope your evade holds out there.  Cotton would help some there, but he means no Alkaiser (bad) and the bio lab isn't exactly easy pickings regardless.
I've done it before, but I seemed to have really bad luck with them triggering the DoubleSlash/StunSlash combo which results in a dead Alkaiser that early in the game. Of course, with Gale Slash all I needed was Alkaiser to get one turn, but getting that turn was trickier than it should have been.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 02, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »
But is it more distracting and addictive than KH Monopoly?

It is more addictive, but not as distracting. As it won't take forever to finish like some of the monopoly maps.

.....Uh oh.

Well I do enjoy a good game breaking.  Once I beat Future and make my Save, can I beat the normal final again and load another Future save from it?

You can, and I think you can just re-access the F arc after beating it, no need of fighting the main game final again.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 02, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »
FF3 - Went through the fiery first part of the final dungeon. Delita is now decked out in Crystal armor! The HP curve in this game is pretty fun. Snow has 600-700 more HP than Ana.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 03, 2012, 12:03:18 AM »
.....Uh oh.

You can, and I think you can just re-access the F arc after beating it, no need of fighting the main game final again.

Neat.  I'll probably fight him anyway since I should be beefy enough for an EVIL win this time though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:22:18 PM by Fudozukushi »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 03, 2012, 03:07:53 PM »
Dark Souls: Asylum Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Capra Demon, Stray Demon, Gaping Dragon, Quelaag, and Moonlight Butterfly all down. Currently traipsing through the Catacombs. Should have grabbed a divine weapon.

Regardless, Zweinhander remains ludicrously awesome.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 03, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »
Kid Icarus Uprising: Just beat Chapter 20.

I have determined that the more Trolls Pit has to deal with, the better.  Oh, Palutena was hilarious and great, but lets face it, you can only do so much with just her!  Add in a few more goofball gods, and hey, things are fresh again! 

Thankfully, they introduced the others soon enough that Palutena never reached that "getting old" point. 

...that said, people who complain about the characters "never shutting up" need to have a stronger sense of humor.  Yes, the characters keep talking, but they keep the dialog actually creative and witty, and its not like they're constantly reusing jokes (and when they do reuse jokes, there's often a cute spin on it, or its done in a "Running gag" style, so it still works.)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 03, 2012, 08:41:48 PM »
Dark Souls: Asylum Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Capra Demon, Stray Demon, Gaping Dragon, Quelaag, and Moonlight Butterfly all down. Currently traipsing through the Catacombs. Should have grabbed a divine weapon.

Regardless, Zweinhander remains ludicrously awesome.

The necromancers are generally dumb enough to stand in plain bow range, so it's usually not too bad in there even without a divine weapon. You do want one for the subsequent dungeon's boss, though (probably a ways off, mind).

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 03, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
Pft. PFT. A real man only needs ONE weapon and is totally willing to just aggro all 8 skeletons to kill the necro.

I'd rather just ignore Tomb of Giants forever, though. I've had one experience with it on my previous playthrough. I think I made it 10 feet before I decided I had entered hell and would run away screaming.

Then a giant skeleton killed me.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 03, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »
Pft. PFT. A real man only needs ONE weapon and is totally willing to just aggro all 8 skeletons to kill the necro.

You are playing a girl.

(You can't reach the Tomb of the Giants boss until after clearing Anor Londo anyway, so no point going that far down yet. Also it is painful getting out of that place when you can't warp. I went down there as early as possible when I ran a cleric just for the divine/miracle stuff you can get out of the trip. It was very oh my god what.)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 03, 2012, 10:35:43 PM »
To be fair, Andy is always playing a girl.

TO - So finished this.  Started playing a bit more aftergame stuff.  Got bored.  Think I am moving on.

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 or whatever the order that string of words is supposed to go in - Started this up.  DQ menus in ur pokemans.  Wow.  You can order characters what to do!  Have to manually do it each turn.  Cursor defaults to auto fight command each round.  So great when you are trying to run away from giant worm.  Giant Worm does not actually game over though, so that is okay I guess. Not sure if I can put up with DQ bullshit enough to play this for all that it looks like it might be fun.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 04, 2012, 05:01:06 AM »
I played ManShep all the way, thank you.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #822 on: April 04, 2012, 05:11:16 AM »
This is why you are no good.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #823 on: April 04, 2012, 06:00:26 AM »
Meh, Meer has improved hugely since ME1. Also FemShep's idea of being sexually forward is to say things that sound like they came from the mind of Dennis Reynolds.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 04, 2012, 08:04:02 AM »
SRWZ2-2 - ISO get, but no time to play yet.

KH3D - Water Barrel is such a wonderful thing, I almost developed the same fetish as Ashton. That barrel had saved me so much grinding time. The only thing that us left to farm are the fusion materials....
And... I can not anticipate the affect that Roxas's words is going to have on the doujin market.

And god, is Shimomura awesome or what? The Xemnas fight is so well done.