Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 126  (Read 4846 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 126
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 02:55:42 AM »
Wait ... can Cecil actually learn revive in FFIVo? Not sure if this is DS version or not. For DS version Raise costs 25 MP?

Also trying to calculate something, for number of characters in a cast even for characters that don't have MP damage at a time do I still count all of the characters in for calculating the average?
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 04:58:54 AM »
He does not learn Raise/Life in FF4o, that is DS only.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 09:30:08 AM »
That helps a lot!

Monk- Durable, hair below average speed, 45% Damage
Songstress- Silence, Blind
Meru- Few turns to build up to Dragoon form for some magic damage, otherwise horrid base damage and Pdur, Good Speed
Lucia- MT Healing of some sort (No clue how much; average HP is probably like 145 but nothing notes what the base healing is)+ Revival. Maybe can use 7 times before MP runs out?
Peppita- So...some damage+Confuse+MP Damage. We'll say the damage is about average (on the 840%, does that combo?)

Team Tranquil | Bartz (Monk*), Songstress, Peppita, Meru, Lucia (Life), Nall
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team Tranquil vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, Sinspawn Ammes, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)- So yeah, double Sinspawn Ammes reduces Lucia to 56% HP. Gobi and Jogurts are hamstrung by Blind. Evil Gaia can chip in enough to get Lucia down to like 50%.

Oh wait, Sinspawn Ames is actually closer to 2.2 PC HP by the topic (since NEB scales about 3.5 PCs, but there are actually 2). So Lucia is probably at 38%, assuming that nothing else gets through.
Team Tranquil vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa- Well, Cecil will probably just go for Confuse blocking, Rosa blocks Confuse and Silence. Rosa is 80% Pdur. So...Peppita and Monk take her out. At this point, the match probably takes long enough that Cid or Cecil might actually land a hit, which may kill Lucia (until Nall)

Team Tranquil vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)- Joker has that ITE? and...is pretty durable minus to Meru's spells. 2 PC HP even counting the weakness, and about halves physicals. Going to still get Lucia out pretty quickly and unless Songstress ignores that status resistance for Augus. I still have trouble seeing this one go well. I guess it depends on Peppita status hype. For all that I don't really think of status as mattering for BoF 2 bosses, I guess it technically is. Just...minus the status they immune, it's so trashy. Granted, both of them are relatively status resistant compared to randoms. So...hmm.

There's a decent chance that Lucia is out on Joker's first turn (Really only needs 1 other thing to land first from some enemy first). If Augus isn't statused out turn 1, he can one turn Songstress. Or...he and Joker's MT probably show Peppita the door too. Yeah, can't see this one working out well enough given their durability and the extreme paucity of healing. More open to it now that I'm at least abstaining for now, but needs status to land turn 1 (and after playing around with BoF 2, tending to respect good MS as resisting status).
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
Thanks for all the inputs NEB, Neph and Dhyer~

Yeah, guess I took too much of a gamble for/with Monk offence respect, I thought it was highly respected for F1, since I thought F1 was just Wind Crystal Jobs/damages.

@ Dhyer I don't know. I know some people take for SO3 characters a turn being them doing something till they run out of Fury/Guts and allow them to spam their physicals till they run out of Fury if they don't have a better alternative. Apart from that Peppita can't combo her Short O no, just her X physicals, and her counters (she can't chain into battle skill from Counter X but not Counter O though, just chain counters, example where she chain/multi counters through Insanity Prelude - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgD-bQP0EXE) Short O is 8 Fury and she can use it 8~ times with 100 Fury.

Speaking of Counters I am harsh on them in the DL, I probably wouldn't allow her to do things like in that video, but I do allow her to counter base physicals/physical skills without lengthy animations, since in game a physical/counter based non battle skill is a workable set up for her AI.

Modifiers -

Peppita : Short O - 6720%
Sophia: Short O - 6720%
Roger : Short O  - 3840 %
Maria : Short X - 4000%
Adray : Short O - 5600%
Cliff : Short O - 1680%
Mirage : Short O - 1680%
Fayt: Short O -  1280%
Albel: Short O - 2000%

Total - 33520
AVG - 3352%

Will post battle skills stuff later~
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:00:02 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »
Doesn't she need Berserk for that? I don't actually know when she gets that.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 01:27:06 PM »
^^ No, those are the base Fury costs without/assuming no Berserk for everybody. Nobody gets Berserk for F1 anyway except Maria. Take that into account for her I guess (Edit - and Albel? Need to recheck if he has it at his joining levels, right he does)

Edit - I forgot Nel! >_> *Added*

Peppita : Short O - 6720%
Sophia: Short O - 6720%
Roger : Short O  - 3840 %
Maria : Short X - 8000%
Adray : Short O - 5600%
Cliff : Short O - 1680%
Mirage : Short O - 1680%
Fayt: Short O -  1280%
Albel: Short O - 4000%
Nel : Short X - 4000%

Total - 43520%
AVG - 4352%
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:08:36 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
Wow, who knew Maria got it that early...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »
>_>

Well, she starts the dungeon at L20 right? <_<

For the record, Berserk gained -

Maria - Default
Albel - Default
Peppita - L31
Roger - L18
Nel - L16
Fayt - L21
Cliff - L17
Adray - L35
Sophia - L42

Also been playing my current LoD file and Meru got DV2 after 40~ attacks, assuming beginning of game for LoD is Celes > Forest > Hellena > Prairie > Limestone Cave > Bale or something I don't think it's unreasonable to assume she gets another DLV this floor now.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:28:35 PM by Clear Tranquil »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 09:42:32 PM »
I'll buy the hype for Team Pyro.  Team CT can resolve uh Falcon Hit or something but that isn't actually good at endgame before G-Dragon goes off.  So pass.

Re Cecil: Right, forgot Cecil didn't have revival.  That makes Fight 2 even more trivial.

Dhyer: Why wouldn't Lucia heal up?  If she has healing at all, she should use it *before* the third fight while a blinded Cid is struggling to do anything relevant.  This means she can't be killed quite as easily in the critical 3rd fight.  And Songstress is probably the target of choice here over Lucia - even if Joker is ITE, if Augus ever gets blinded it's gg so the Dungeon team should take her out ASAP.  Anyway, so long as Monk & Peppita damage doesn't TOTALLY fail, they have time to whittle off a lot of HP from Augus while Augus & Joker deal with Songstress / Lucia, and Meru isn't total dead weight.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 10:08:57 PM »
Lucia's healing is Aromatherapy, and as such, can not target herself.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »
Pretty sure I pass, but I'll abstain on voting on it.

Team vs. Katt, Rand, Bow, Nina2, Deis2, Jean, and Spar- Status whoring does it's job.
Team vs. Crono, Marle, Frog, Ayla, Magus, Robo and Lucca- G. Dragon yeah. Robo should survive it and Crono might, but it's not enough.
Team vs. Yuri2, Karin, Joachim, Gepetto, Anastasia, Kurando and Blanca- I don't think the team can prevent Ryu2 from doing his thing, thanks to Rikku status.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 11:13:40 PM »
Yeah, don't see any major arguments against Pyro and Super, so pass All teams pass  I think it's really, really, really close for my team but ultimately I think I just scrape my by a hair's breadth. Finding out Garland is not immune to status/doesn't have great accuracy is a thing. Blind/Matador's Song deals with that.  I think it's even less close if you have higher Monk damage respect/don't scale monk vs the water jobs, and in general defend commands respect. Same with for Peppita if you respect Star Ocean 3 physical spam.

The battle skills damages for SO3 -

Peppita - 1150% (short X > Magic Hook chain)
Mirage - 1170% (short X > Hammer of Might chain)
Maria - 1600% (short X > Scatter Beam chain, Berserk)
Nel - 928% (Short X > Shockwave chain
Fayt -1366% (Blade of Fury chain)
Cliff - 620% (Sphere of Might chain)
Roger - 1040% (short X > Fiery Axe chain)
Sophia - 250% (Fire Bolt chain)
Adray - 250% (Fire Bolt chain)
Albel - 1950 (short X > Shockwave Swirl chain, Berserk)

Total - 10324
AVG - 1032

I guess Peppita is above average either way but more so if you allow her to spam her best damage/short O physical till out of fury~
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:52:41 AM by Clear Tranquil »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 11:14:20 PM »

Oh.  RIGHT.  I forgot about that.  Holy crap.  Yeah, Bartz needs to be a Red Mage or the like, one healer that can't heal herself is problems.  So those Demis from Sinspawn Ammes are going to stick.  However...  I don't think she's so low as to die to a single Poison Chop.  Unless Cid/Cecil get a few hits in through the blind, if blind is seen as damage reduction on their hidden multi-hittedness.   So...  Lucia probably survives a turn, since Augus wants to punch out Songstress first still, but dies horribly to the 2nd Poison Chop.  Still..  actually, holy crap, Songstress durability is total fail.  (.60 PCHP, Augus attack & Poison Chop are both around .35 PCHP).  Well then.  Since Lucia can't buff defense early, Aguro damage + Poison Chop is sufficient to take down Songstress, leaving a spare turn to use Save Strength with.  2nd turn all hell breaks loose as Augus knocks the socks off of people and the 2nd Poison Chop finishes off Lucia (and a revived Songstress if she exists).  Even if Augus dies on turn 3, Joker might be able to finish off the survivors with no healing and Nall not being useful vs. MT (although...  maybe, it's slow MT, Nall would be useful in a Lunar system vs. it to get a single turn!).

Team CT still has an outside chance of winning if Blind sticks on turn 1, or if Nall revive -> Songstress gets another shot of Blind on turn 2, or if Lucia can somehow wait to be slower than Augus (whose speed is a bit misty) and revive Songstress and still have revived Songstress outrace Augus turn 2 for another shot of Blind.  Blargh.  I'll modify my vote on CT down to abstain for the moment, that last fight is a true problem now that I realize how bad Songstress durability + Lucia walking into the fight wounded is.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »
You wouldn't see Meru getting her healing spell by that final fight then SnowFire?

Well I guess desperate times call for desperate measures -

Tarot Cards (can use once per fight unless Berserk) - Restore MP by 50% Y/N (100% with Special) ? (she starts with others also, but this is probably the safest to try)

(Lucia can spam Tarot Cards once she's out of SP/Berserk! ... yeah she's not living that long)

Peppita - Magic Hook chain 74% chaos/confuse vs Augus/Joker Y/N?

Also don't know if Monk's counters are being taken into account here for Joker, or if he can even counter MT but yeah.  Don't know how far the HP+30%/Chakra is going either.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:44:23 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 11:47:37 PM »

Oh.  RIGHT.  I forgot about that.  Holy crap.  Yeah, Bartz needs to be a Red Mage or the like, one healer that can't heal herself is problems.  So those Demis from Sinspawn Ammes are going to stick.  However...  I don't think she's so low as to die to a single Poison Chop.  Unless Cid/Cecil get a few hits in through the blind, if blind is seen as damage reduction on their hidden multi-hittedness.   So...  Lucia probably survives a turn, since Augus wants to punch out Songstress first still, but dies horribly to the 2nd Poison Chop. 

Sinspawn Ammes is pretty durable and with initiative, is probably going to get in 3 Demis though (Puts Lucia at 41% of her starting HP even without any other damage). If they focus on getting it out first, then Evil Gaia probably gets two turns and can add another 10% damage to Lucia on each (or...alternately, Sleep everyone. Sure it might be like 0.3 turn delay or something, but against everyone combined, that's not bad. Especially if it arguably interrupts the dancing) and I'm guessing Garland wouldn't be Blind suspectible. Since Joker does 0.34 PC HP, and Lucia has bad HP, one Cecil or Cid attacking connecting puts her the in right range (Hell, one Cecil or Cid or Gobi or maybe even Igglanova).

Meru doesn't get her healing spell for several turns (even in character description) even if she is assumed to be building Dragoon levels immediately.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 11:58:42 PM »
CT: I'm pretty lenient with boss immunities, and as Elf noted confuse is kind of an edge case - it's a loss of control, which many games would see as bad enough such that it's comparable to death-like statuses.  So I'd see that as not working here on BoF2 bosses.

For Meru: Well, you tell me?  How long after Meru gets the Water Dragoon spirit will she learn Rainbow Breath?  If it's very shortly afterward, or she starts with it, then sure.

Re Sinspawn Ammes: I'm not sure how much I'm down for hyping his initiative when a slow party member also has scripted counter-initiative.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2014, 12:02:12 AM »
^^ I don't think he can Sleep since Lucia can put up the status immunity ... unless he's faster. Songstress dances, Meru attacks, Peppita does her thing for Sinspawn, Monk does his MT.

@ SnowFire - Meru gets her dragoon spirit after the boss in the Undersea Cave/Cavern, I usually get DLV 2/Rainbow Breath while going back through there to get treasures on the way out of the dungeon, because Meru speed. She should definitely get it by end of disc 2 anyway (return through Undersea Cavern > briefly on World Map > back to city > briefly on boat back to Tiberia > back through Barrens > fletz castle > end of disc two, can fight randoms on world map/boat/Barrens if you don't see getting treasures while going back through the sea cave as a thing). Also posted this

Also been playing my current LoD file and Meru got DV2 after 40~ attacks, assuming beginning of game for LoD is Celes > Forest > Hellena > Prairie > Limestone Cave > Bale or something I don't think it's unreasonable to assume she gets another DLV this floor now.

I usually get those turns/attacks easy because of speed being a thing, so yeah she gets it before end of disc 2 to me. I usually get DV3 going through the forest/getting the treasures/fighting the boss at the start of disc 3 as well. I would say she gets her first two dragoon level ups fast without grinding or anything. From there I usually personally have her DLV5 before the bosses in Kadessa although those latter levels do assume some grinding to do that, using the heal pad/save point in Kadessa.
I don't expect her to have DLV3 here though but yeah DLV2 doesn't sound unreasonable.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:36:26 AM by Clear Tranquil »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2014, 12:35:49 AM »
I've certainly never gained a dragoon level for someone in the same dungeon as getting said dragoon, personally. Meru needs 2000 SP to gain her second dragoon level (source), which takes 58-59 attacks with a maxed-level Double Smack or min-level Hammer Spin. Even with some credit for Meru speed that's going to be multiple dungeons, and definitely shouldn't be hyped before F2 at the earliest I think. Even F2 is already insanely generous since we're completely ignoring the character's weakness of not getting a dragoon spirit until nearly a full disc after everyone else (except perhaps Kongol) has gotten theirs... the first point in-game where you'd use Rainbow Breath is more like F4-5.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2014, 01:00:02 AM »
Even if you're being really harsh and assuming item spam on randoms or something she should definitely get it in the forest right at the start of disc 3 at the latest. I have seen that source before yeah but it never made any sense to me because it didn't add up with how quickly I got Dragoon LVs for her. Granted I am factoring Meru is in your team all the time after getting the spirit and till DLV2. Also it did only take 40~ ATKs for me but maybe I had get SP from getting hit equipment on or something. There is also something else ... Spirit Ring or something that gives SP every turn though I suppose if that's assumed, then speed boosting equipment for Albert/Kongol is too. For me it is Meru in the team all the time after getting the spirit till end of disc two, no item spam, etc and definitely wasn't using the Spirit Ring though there might have been something else. Thing is with Meru's physicals being weak to start with she takes more turns to kill things/gets more turns for SP, then factoring in those crabs/etc with physical attack barriers, and HP restore yeah. She could also equip a weaker/her default weapon or something (I had the weapon from Fueno though)~

To be fair I am not always using the fastest addition based team (Meru/Haschel/Dart), indeed this run I was still using Albert/Kongol because they are still working on their additions, which Kongol especially taking ages and still only being L2 for her first addition! Actually I do have two Bandit's Rings though/usually have those equipped. Multiple dungeons does seem really harsh to me. 

Though I suppose with what you said in your last sentence yeah ... I'm out of arguments now *dies*

Edit - Ok, this is the harshest thing I could find. Player using fastest addition based team, presumably with Bandit's Ring/s, has been using Haschel whole time, is higher levelled than I am thus characters are doing more damage, etc, doesn't get all the treasures going out the sea cave. Player gets Rainbow Breath for Meru in random battle after Kamuy, but hadn't been through the forest to get all the treasures first or might have got it before then. Player also isn't using Spirit Ring (builds SP at +20 SP a turn, this is how I gained DLVs on my magic only run, well with other SP boosting equips) or War God's Sash (which you can get from Martel after Home of Gigantos earlier on disc 2, additions +50% SP) like I wasn't. However worth noting that I decided to equip War God's Sash for going through the forest on an active file and got Meru's DVL3 before Kamuy (Dart/Meru/Kongol team, Bandit's Ring on the guys).  Saved after getting treasures/before going to fight the boss. Wouldn't surprise me if I got DLV4 after Kamuy/getting out of the forest now >_> This is for my JP file though. Incidentally Kongol doesn't even have DLV3 yet, haven't been using him the whole time though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7OGIoN9huU&list=PL0CBB5B16E392B04C&index=83

Everglade Forest is the dungeon after the dungeon where Meru gets her dragoon spirit.  Now if you allow any leniency/leeway for external/etc factors, different/slower/slowest characters in your team while doing addition building or whatever (or even assuming your main team is Meru/Dart/Albert or something, since to be fair Rose Storm is a good thing to have, and Albert/Meru compliment each other nicely with Rose Storm/Rainbow Breath combo), going through the spirit dungeon to get all the treasures on the way out, enemies using physical barriers, restoring HP, Meru turn hogging, then yeah she can get Rainbow Breath even before leaving the dungeon she gets her dragoon spirit in, even more likely if Albert/Kongol/etc don't have speed boosting equipment, and if they are then it's probably fair to assume extra SP boosting equipment like Spirit Ring or War God's Sash for Meru, the player haven't not updated Meru's default weapon yet, etc.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:19:43 AM by Clear Tranquil »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2014, 03:41:27 AM »
For what it's worth, if Sinspawn Ammes is the one that will be doing the bulk of the damage to the team and Lucia, Ammes is NOT immune to Silence, so he can be completely neutered by Songstress.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »
Thanks Piggy :)

Not sure how much/if that helps any though since if Songstress goes for Silence she's not using Blind, and I don't know if my team's offence is good enough to one round most of these enemy team, barring Ammes and Gaia.

Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, Sinspawn Ammes, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)

I don't really know much about these peeps except most of them are slow and relatively fragile?, but I assume Monk's MT Kick! takes out the Jogurts, Hrist and Euram maybe? Anybody else? Then since Peppita is also doing above average damage she probably finishes someone else off. Then uhh best case scenario is somehow Meru and Lucia physicals combine to take out one more (though Meru would have got her physical in before Monk damage I assume) If at least two are still alive with Evil Gaia and Ammes, well we can ignore Ammes since he isn't doing anything, then they can focus fire on Lucia, though that's probably still better than Demi spam ... taking her down to say 70% HP maybe? Then if Gaia gets another turn that's another 10% leaving her with 60%, and that's assuming you don't respect Ammes initiative Demi. It might still be better overall than just letting Ammes spam Demi though since Lucia can just depend in the second round maybe. Edit: Wait, apparently Igglanova has 0 DEF. Hmm. Main thing is can Monk MT Jogurts, Hrist and Euram and then Peppita finish off one of Garland and Igglanova and combined Lucia/Meru finish off the other. I don't know Big Joe's HP% just that his damage really, really sucks 1-2 physical damage, so that's probably only 1-2% so Garland/Iggla should probably be taken out before ... although can Iggla even do any damage in his first turn, doesn't he have to use a round to summon supports first? Anyway assuming say Evil Gaia, Sinspawn Ammes, Gobi and Big Joe are what's left, Ammes can't do anything, Gobi does say 10%, Big Joe 1/2%, Evil Gaia 10%, Lucia is left at 78/79% HP, if Evil Gaia gets another turn that's another 10% leaving her with 68/69% HP assuming no opening Demi and 43/44% with opening Demi. However if Shadow Hearts 2 defend is as good as half damage and cuts Gaia damage to 5% that rises to 73/74% or 48/49% HP Lucia is left with.

How good was SH2 defend/resist damage again?

Also I was thinking more about that third fight, was discussing it a bit with SnowFire before, then thought more later. Apparently since Augus and Joker are so slow, everyone on my team gets to go first, even Lucia (she's faster than Joachim and Gepetto right?) and apparently her best option there is to cast Gale on Monk though that might not really help. I was thinking though if Joker is the biggest thread and the most resistant wouldn't it make more sense for everyone to concentrate fire on Augus first including Meru instead of her wasting her magic on Joker? I don't know how really durable an Augus is except their is higher HP but lower DEF than Joker, apparently an Augus has bad defence. With Monk and Peppita both doing above average damage normally so ... assuming Meru carries over SP from the previous fight, Meru Freezing Rings Augus, Songstress tries for Blind, Monk MT Kicks!, Peppita does her thing to Augus, Lucia Gales Monk ... where does that leave Augus HP?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:55:32 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2014, 08:57:48 PM »
Silence helps for sure, but remember that Sinspawn Ammes does have initiative, and as such is getting 1 off regardless. Kick is there and certainly eliminates the damageless scrubs, but the damage is pretty bad. Might let him+Peppita get someone out. Lucia might probably find it most prudent to heal given that the team is taking a guaranteed 25% MHP damage.

Of course, Silence won't work on Evil Gaia, but logically by the way it works, the portion when Evil Gaia has put them to Sleep, Sinspawn Ammes should be able to spell cast (which since EG is slightly fast, it probably would), so the first Demi might not even be the last they see). Since Peppita will be after EG turnwise, this may mean that even a slow poke like Gobi might get his turn before she wakes up.

Assuming Garland has something like a 4-5HKO, and Gobi has a low 4HKO. Igglanova with questionable AI is there too. So yeah, trading Silence for Blind does have notable dangers.

SH 2 Defend is pretty good against physicals. Not helping a lot of the Demi, so I think the Sleep->Demi strat still has some merit.

Note that basically all PS 4 things probably have next to 0 defense at that point.

Augus' Pdur is about 2.5 (total HP is more like 3.325 and he cuts magic by about 14%, so Freezing Ring doesn't go as far). Two concentrated rounds probably just come a little short of getting Peppita out of the way (Since Meru can't Freezing Ring twice in a row).

That said, Lucia Rage-ing someone might be the superior option. Probably Monk for all that Peppita's damage might be better, it has the issue that Augus will then kill Peppita while he can get Monk out turn 1. Of course...he may then kill Peppita anyways since Joker will be taking care of Lucia. And...shit, Songstress effectively gets 1 chance to Blind becuase the move has a 2.5 recharge. Yeah. Ouch.

So...Monk 1 (60)+Peppita (73)+Meru (55) (1.88 PC HP of 3.325 PC HP for Augus). Lucia Rages, Songstress amounts to Blind (won't hit turn 1 to me)
Joker MT and kills Lucia (just can't forsee her coming in with that much HP). Augus kills Peppita. Meru reverts back to normal form next turn so...

Monk (90)+Meru...(10)...(2.88 PC HP)
Augus Charges and then hits Monk for 90% and may be countered to death. Joker's MT attack kills both Songstress and Meru. Monk probably lives but is not getting Joker out in a single turn (or a few turns given Joker's defense)

Very Rough Gut Crunch on Meru Three Turn

Albert- 1100
Dart- 650
Haschel- 650
Rose- 650
Kongol- 650
Meru- 450
Shana- 450
Average: 657 (*1642 Kill Point; 64% for Freezing Ring)

So sticking with the Fail for me. The bad Pdur combo+the limited healing is too much to me.
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2014, 09:53:25 PM »
Can't Songstress use a Stat-up song instead of a Blind attempt if that would be a problem?

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2014, 10:01:29 PM »
I don't think those songs are very good. There aren't notes on potency, but I don't remember the -2/+2 ones being very good with one casting and I think those effect levels are stackable (so +1 will be quite bad. The Evade could be better, but...I remember Blind being the money move to get Evade). I think they are were along the lines of FFX Cheer (very incremental MT buff).
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »
The Evade buff/Matador's Song is boost Evade by 10 LVS a use (stacks?). It's actually quite decent yeah, players doing Songstress and/or Yuna solo type, etc challenge runs make it a priority to get it up.  Example -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxxPphMw2eo

The player here mentions getting Matador's Song up to evade the enemy's physical attacks and it's Slurp Special.

Thanks very much for your inputs Dhyer. That's a lot of useful information there. I will try to get my thoughts together more later, but in my case since I allow Peppita to counter base physicals and she's invincible during those, would that help any? At the very least I would see her countering the ST attacks here personally. A note about her counters is that in game if Peppita is going to do Short O and then the enemy attacks is her O attack will change to her counter animation. Counter O is 600% HP damage,  80% MP damage (not relevant here but)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:35:02 PM by Clear Tranquil »