Register

Author Topic: Good Morning 2016: Man hat doch nicht alle Tassen im Schrank!  (Read 19427 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Good Morning 2016: Man hat doch nicht alle Tassen im Schrank!
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2016, 03:30:41 AM »
I don't have anything to say, besides hear fucking hear.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2016, 04:08:45 AM »
I don't have anything to say, besides hear fucking hear.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2016, 10:46:37 PM »
Busy couple of weeks. Cleaned the place I'm staying, moved into a new room, helped find  a new roommate... pretty much ate my life since the start of the month. At least it's over and done with, whoo.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2016, 01:43:34 PM »
So I've been communicating with this girl now for about 6 months. Met her in person more than a few times now and have just been spending time with her generally on the weekends. While its not quite official yet, I think we're pretty much at that point where we can say we're in a relationship. It made me pretty happy to hear when she called me her boyfriend this weekend (even though she said the last time, that she wanted to wait for at least a couple more dates).
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2016, 03:33:09 PM »
First girlfriend?

Congrats either way! Sounds like you're enjoying the ride!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2016, 04:07:13 PM »
Things that have happened since the year started:

- My mom had eye surgery because she was nearing blindness.
- I had a possibly cancerous wart removed from my body.
- The country I live in casually managed a presidential coup and may well be on the cusp of a -second- one.
- In spite of the country meltdown, I snagged a substantial work promotion with a raise to match.
- My mom is getting ever closer to moving back to my hometown. Bittersweet, that.
- Somehow, in the midst of all that, I've started a relationship.

So uh yeah. Still a month to go in 2016.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2016, 01:22:45 AM »
Two things, one amusing, the other, well...  guess I should talk about it somewhere.

Main supervisor at work is going to be going on vacation in a little over a month, so she's training up her replacement for the vacation.  Replacement cares a lot more about the rule and letter of the regs, so a lot of stuff is getting done that probably should have been a while ago.  Also some things are attempting to be done which, eh, theoretically are important, but are kinda impractical.  One thing that happened is the resumption of the health and safety meetings, the topic today, the importance of safety equipment.  And some other stuff.

Anyways, at one point when she brings up reporting unsafe practices and what safety gear you should be using, and a few people get positively excited about selling other folks out.  Now, I've had a few brushes with the higher ups because I'm supposed to wear gloves, but I don't.  Honestly, I find my grip better without them, and aside from a few nicks, nothing's happened to my hands because I make a point of being careful (honestly, more than I would be in gloves.  Having them be more vulnerable makes me more cautious of what I'm doing with them, which is good since I can be pretty thoughtless on autopilot.)  So, when folks are getting eager to mention a safety breach, I'm unsurprised to hear my name called out.  What did catch me off guard though was why.  Seems people think I don't wear steel toes.  So, I have my toes a good hard rap, asked some folks if they wanted to stomp on 'em.  Had a good laugh about it later.

On the other one.  Dunno exactly what to say.  For the last few months, been spending a few hours each day thinking about ending my life.  I mean, don't get me wrong, my life is probably better than it has been for a long time, possibly ever.  But, it just means that the pendulum is swinging higher both ways, and hell.  My joke back in 2003 was that I'd never off myself because I never finish anything I set out to do.  Well, now I do.  So hey, why not this.  Still not entirely sure about method, that seems to be the main debate these days.  Though I think I'd rather go out as a John Doe than myself.  I mean, when I can't function and withdraw into myself for months at a time, it's not like anyone ever contacts me to ask what's up.  This will just be a longer period of people not noticing I'm not functioning, and I'd really rather not make a fuss.  I also don't think this will happen soon.  I mean, I'll admit, I probably won't know when it will happen myself until shortly before it happens.  But, it just doesn't feel right.  Not yet.

While a suggestion of "seek professional help" would be understandable.  The last time I talked to someone in the field, I got a curt "You're cured, now stop bothering me."  Frankly, can't really blame them.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2016, 02:02:30 AM »
Excal:

May be odd to say this, but I know the exact thought process you're describing. Seeking help is a laborious process with no guarantee of success and, given how difficult it is to get anything done on some days when you're stuck in that kind of mindset, easily left to the wayside.

All I can really say is that you should keep talking about it, because it helps even when your brain is trying to convince you that it doesn't and no one gives a shit. So yeah. Keep doing that. It's advice I have huge difficulty following sometimes myself, but the airing out of irrationality helps, the support helps.

You're a smart guy and we've known each other forever. I don't need to get into obvious advice you already know. Just that I really do know where you're coming from.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2016, 02:16:57 AM »
PM me any time dude.   The only reason I am not in contact is because I am in my own quagmire of life.  It might be time lapsed but I will talk eventually.

Same things Laggy said.  I want to give you  the same advice you have heard a thousand times but know that I mean it.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2016, 06:12:09 AM »
:(

Excal, we haven't really known each other that long but if you want to talk about anything ever I'm more than willing to listen. I do actually worry when you disappear! I just have no idea how to try to get a hold of you.

Don't know how much help I'll be besides being familiar with how it feels, but I'm here and stubborn as a mule!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »
So I'm back home for a week or so. Dad's in a drug-incuded coma, on a breathing machine to survive. My mom brought him home for a few days in hope that it would help him (because he had been uncooperative and unhelpful in the hospital, saying 'home home home' over and over), and now certain people are blaming her for what had happened. He's had two strokes and cannot function after the second one, and I can't believe that anyone could possibly believe that, in his 40 years of smoking, somehow Mom caused his breathing problems by taking him home. I am filled with a mixture of hatred and sadness as I watch my mother cry herself to sleep over those hurtful words. The last thing on earth Mom would ever do is try to hurt Dad.

My body is tingling everywhere. This happens when I get too stressed out to deal with problrms in any other way. My grandmother died last year, and I just can hardly bear to witness the same tragedy repeating, except in my own dad. I watched him lay, silently in his hospital bed, a sad imitation of the pain in the ass father that I know so well. We waited for his silly "Hey, why aren't you awake? i need breakfast!" And he'd laugh and laugh.

I feel like I'm sinking into the darkness. This is going to be the hardest week of my life.

Excal, when I get back, we should meet up. I've been struggling a lot lately with my own sadness, but maybe struggling together is better. <3
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2016, 02:50:24 PM »
Approaching third week without internet access other than my phone or going back to our old apartment for something and jumping on the wifi.  No physical installation needed, just need port activated by NBN and a text message from Provider.  Contact with the ISP is just "yep order is fine, it can take 20 days".   I get that for a new install but this is getting pretty long tail for purely remote work.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2016, 09:38:25 PM »
So I don't really know where to post this, so good Morning it is. 

Saw an ad for Giorgio Armani perfume today.  Si.

There is so goddamned much to unpack there that I can't even keep up with how quick my brain is to unpack it.  I mean hooray for acknowledging female arousal?  On the other hand wow that is blatant, wow that advertising is ick (white woman seductively staring at camera in an over the shoulder pose in a strapless formal dress with an open back down to the small of the back is the one I saw, Google shows some significantly less male gazey ones).

A few other things as well, but I guess it is at least Yes and not No?

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2016, 12:45:28 AM »
so uh is it the perfume that contributes to the issue here or is your reaction because of the sexist advertising? Kinda confused to what you're talking about

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2016, 02:14:46 AM »
It is the advertising which in part is the choice in naming for it?  Like I haven't smelled it. 

It is just how blunt it is that gets me.

dunie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2016, 07:01:39 PM »

weekend celebration of my bday in Savannah. Went to see two art exhibitions. Remington just kept begging me to get on one of those kitschy historic tour trolleys though.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2016, 07:45:02 PM »
can't decide which one of you has the better expression.  happy b-day!
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 13, 2016, 01:26:17 AM »
Happy birthday ^ ^

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2016, 09:30:31 AM »
Happy birthday.

dunie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 13, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »
thanks yall!

anyone have new year plans yet?

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2016, 08:22:24 PM »
Dunno if I have to work or not. Probably just hanging out at home as usual. Should really do something this year if I can.

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 13, 2016, 11:14:48 PM »
Next Thursday is my last day in the office. After that, I'm working from home until the baby arrives. Then I'll take about 6 weeks off. Then I'll do some part-time remote work. Then I'll do some part-time in office + part-time from home until daycare starts, in May.

I am really glad Andrew and I were already planning on moving by next fall (lease, bad space for small child, expense, etc.) because my company has decided to begin its miserable spiral into self-destruction. The business decisions made in the past 4 weeks ALONE are mind-boggling and absolutely counter-productive.

I'm really glad I'm going to be taking some partially paid time away. I'm really glad I was planning on moving on anyway. I'm less glad I HAVE to find a new job, but whatever. Ugh.

So my New Year's will be spent at home, playing board games with friends, waiting for impending child, and trying to think about how to keep 2017 from derailing everything.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 12:53:12 AM by Lady Door »
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

dunie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2016, 07:39:59 PM »
Parental baby time! Congratulations!

Always making California look so enticing to the foreign east coaster...

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2016, 04:35:02 AM »
Girlfriend decided that she wants to make our relationship official. So yeah, I guess I'm finally in a relationship after all this time :). Pretty happy about it.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself