Author Topic: Examining Final Fantasy Brave Exvius  (Read 22528 times)

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
Re: Examining Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
« Reply #300 on: March 14, 2018, 12:17:34 AM »
...And here I thought my Olive was fairly kited out at 1495 for not being a whale.  Only way that could be better is if it had Ifrit for Beast Killer.

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 14, 2018, 06:29:56 AM »
I'll swap around. Wonder if Ifrit Horn is worth the attack drop for the event. :D

I just have a lot of free time lately to TMR grind.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 14, 2018, 09:36:58 PM »
Saving this chart so I can find it later.

In other news, got my first TDH item from Explorer Aileen and working on Cloud's TM now.  I made a TDH counterattack god Zargabaath.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2018, 06:10:17 PM »
Well was aimming to quit FFBE mostly due to the rolls and the fact I rarely play. I had been rolling in the FF9 banner and said if I didn't get one of the 5* from it, I was deleting and quitting.

Threw my tickets at the banner. on the FINAL rare ticket: Beatrix.

I guess I'm playing for another month. Clever game, FFBE.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 16, 2018, 06:32:53 PM »
Decided to dip into my hoard of 4+ tickets on the women's attack banner.  First one, dupe Loren.  Okay stopping there.

Fnorder, accept my friend request you noob.

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2018, 01:16:38 AM »
Woops, my bad. Done.

Also I threw one ticket at the banner and got dupe Olive, soooooo

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2018, 03:06:36 AM »
My nephew has you beat - he has three Olives.

That said, I was talking with him about Cosplay Aileen's TMR, and he decided to throw a bunch of tickets at it.  His first ticket was a Rainbow!

It was Prompto.

I saw the excitement in his face just vanish in a matter of seconds.

EDIT: I got a rainbow from the daily draw this morning!

It was my third set of Genji Gauntlets!...  Oh, and Gilgamesh came with them, I suppose.

EDIT2:  Beat the Trial Boss.  Team was Flame Veritas/Xon/Helena L10/Soleil/Ayaka.

Strategy?  Everyone hides (Ayaka had the Concealing Cloth) while Flame Veritas deals all the damage.  To compete with the healing after knocking it below 30%, I needed to have the Flamelord buff up.  That said, everyone else was only there for insurance to revive FV when he got knocked down.  Had to clear it twice to get all the missions, but it’s done.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:06:18 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 27, 2018, 02:22:32 AM »
Got off my ass and beat Erinyes and Glacial.  Same party for both: Basch, Zargabaath, Orlandeau, Agrias, Ayaka, no friend units.  Glacial took 3 tries because he kept killing Ayaka first turn.  After that it was fun seeing 50-million hits on him with fire weapons.

Love this 30 million reward summon.  Already finished Cloud's TM, starting on Elfreeda.  After that is Tidus and then some defensive TMs.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 27, 2018, 12:12:39 PM »
So.  CG Fina Banner dropped, and I decided I really wanted Kunshira.  Three 10+1 Tickets, 15 normal, 10 4+, and 20K Lapis later, I have one rainbow to show for it.

It was my fourth Lightning.

Got Fryevia’s LB to 20 before awakening her, because eh I have 2 and I thought I could use stop to deal with Malboro.  It’s immune to Stop.  That one was just me being an idiot.

EDIT: finally got the 10+1 Ticket after the iOS debacle.  Got a rainbow!  Dupe Lunera.  Not sure how to build her, even if I want to use her.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 03:45:05 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 01, 2018, 02:14:52 AM »
I did it!  I finally did it!  After two weeks of trying to figure out how to fully clear the fight, I feel so happy to do it.

My party:
Veritas of the Dark - He was there for the Dual Wielding with Light, Dark Punishment, and Defensive Barrier.
Olive - even though mine only has 1441 ATK (with the Aquan Killer Materia), her main purpose was to finish off Leviathan.  I gave her Lakshmi for Turn 1 AoE Stone immunity, and until it was time to kill the boss, she was going on a rotation of Softening Protection -> Shattering Shot -> Shattering Shot, and then LB for the chaining kill.
Olif - He was only L71.  I gave him the Dualcast Materia.  He had two main purposes: Dualcast Barblizzaga/Barwaterga, and then cast Whisper of the Wyrm.  Once the Esper bar was full for the Kill turn, his job was to summon Fenrir.
Mystea - The most important member of the team.  Triteleia Wall -> Dualcast Shellga/Protectga -> Clear Veil.  She had Leviathan, Water God's Amulet, Carbon Bangle, Soul Crown, Butler's Uniform, Clown Staff and Ice Shield.  +45% HP from Materia, plus Equip H Shield.
Ayaka - Dualcast Reraise/Curaja and Dedication.  That's *all* she did...  And still incredibly important.  Was hanging on to Pure White Blessing, so she never ran out of MP.

Roaming Warrior Friend: Orlandeau - Crush Weapon -> Holy Explosion.  Nothing else used.

Honorable mentions:
Minfilia - I was using her because the Water Resist, Ice Resist, and then she had Lakshmi for the Stone Resist and Protection of the Gods.  This wasn't really working that well, so I started looking into who had Barwaterga (intending to give them Carbuncle for Barblizzara), found Olif, and...  Yep.  He won.
Noctis - I wanted to keep him on a Link -> LB chain for the stats, but it just wound up being too slow, and the fact that he was replacing a chainer just was not helping.  DV took his slot so I could run a chainer for the sheer damage.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2018, 03:59:41 AM »
People use skills on Orlandeau other than Divine Ruination?  Guess I should enhance Crush Weapon on my RW.

This is cruel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqXrFGQa7Cc

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2018, 02:13:40 AM »
Good news: beat the new 3* Trials today.  Basch/Olive/Noctis/Barbariccia/Barbariccia for Ifrit and switch out Noctis for Ilias in Siren.  Full clears for both, too.

Best news: I threw both the 4* Tickets I got from those fights at the CG Fina banner, and I finally got Kunshira!  Favorite unit, best kitty.  Will have to hope I can get another one of her in the near future, though.

General news: *Finally* got around to clearing Octopus Teacher with the same team as before, but slot 3 was Ayaka.  Trying to figure out a team for my nephew to use against Moose Trial.  So far he's got Bartz/Lara Croft/Lara Croft/Ayaka/Olive/RW 100% Dodge PHY Basch (specifically, me).  Running Bartz was my suggestion with Wind Shear +1, and now I'm trying to figure out how he could pump up Bartz's damage as a finisher on the magic portion of the attack.  It'd be a lot easier if he had a couple of Shantottos, but c'est la vie.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 02:19:52 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2018, 04:39:41 PM »
So after learning that using 4+ tickets on Tidus's banner gets you a 5% or 10% moogle, I blew my stash on that banner.  No extra Tidus, but I got a a ton of moogles.  Between that and the 30m reward tickets, I've gotten over 2 months of TM obtaining done in two weeks.  Got Buster Style, Marshall Glove, and Brotherhood.

Made a 1412 attack TDH Tidus.  Not too amazing of an attack stat, but it's pretty groovy so far.  I'll try this out for a while.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 22, 2018, 03:08:04 PM »
Beat The Legendary Stag.  Team was Basch, Ayaka, Barbariccia, Shantotto, Bartz, friend Ang.  Finished in 8 turns.  Might have gotten 7 if I'd remembered to use Ang's LB that turn.  Bartz out of retirement! (temporarily)

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 27, 2018, 06:11:44 AM »
So, I decided to make a "At This Time" evaluation of my units.  Hopefully this helps me make some decisions, but it probably won't do much.  Starting with my Base 5s first.

Unit: Lightning
Copies:  4
TMR: Accessory - No one cares what it does because it's worthless.
STMR: Sword - 180 ATK
Current Use: Expeditions
Thoughts: Worthless right now.  She apparently gets a good amount of power when she hits her 7* form, but it almost feels like Siren getting her 3* form when every other Esper is capped at 2*.  Strong right then, but she's going to get outclassed FAST.
Future: 3/10

Unit: Ace
Copies: 3
TMR: Materia - 20% MP, 30% MAG
STMR: Throwing Weapon - 62 ATK, 169 MAG
Current Use: Spirit Hand +2
Thoughts: He's an MP Battery.  I don't have a good reason to build him as anything else, but if I ever decide to enhance Tri-Beam Laser...  I have an on-command 75% Imperil for three elements.  He makes it on to my SE teams and my Bahamut Island team if I ever decide to actually do that again, but outside of that...  Yeah, he's kind of worthless.
Future: 7/10

Unit: Dark Fina
TMR: Materia - 30% MAG with Rod, 20% MAG with Robes
STMR: Robe - 30 DEF, 72 MAG, 72 SPR, 30% MP, 5% Auto-Refresh, 100% Sleep/Paralysis Resist
Current Use: Back-up magic pew-pew, expeditions
Thoughts: Once she gets her 7* form, she picks up Tornado.  After that, she becomes a perfect chaining partner with my Barbariccia.  That gives her much more use than other 7* prospects, but it's still a limiting factor.
Future: 7.5/10

Unit: Delita
TMR: Sword - Dark 118 ATK
STMR: Materia - +80% ATK, take 2000 fixed damage/turn (WHY?)
Current Use: Helm Break +2, Shield Break +2
Thoughts: Great breaks.  Useful only for OTKO teams that have a vulnerability to DEF or SPR breaks.  He turns into a DH user with his 7* form so it's a decent amount of power, but he still falls short of other options for DPS.
Future: 6/10

Unit: Gilgamesh
TMR: Accessory - Dual Wield, 10% ATK/MAG
STMR: Helm - 45 ATK, 15 DEF, 2 SPR, 30% Resist Dark, 100% Paralyze/Confuse/Petrify Resist
Current Use: Moogle Target, Expeditions.
Thoughts: Whenever he gets his 7* form, he gets a LOT of weapon/based killer passives.  His damage feels a little lacking outside of Dark, but he...  Seems good?  It's hard to say.  I haven't used him in so long, I feel like it's hard for me to gauge him as a character.

Unit: Veritas of the Dark
TMR: Materia = 30% ATK w/ Greatsword, 30% ATK with H.Armor
STMR: H. Armor - 34 ATK, 34 DEF, 24 SPR, 80% Dark Resist
Current Use: ST Chainer + DPS
Thoughts: Dark Punishment is in the Holy Explosion Family, making him one of the best ST chainers in the game, while Barbariccia(/Dark Fina) get my AoE Wind chaining going.  His support kit is very useful whenever he doesn't need to do damage immediately, and his Absorb Dark lets me cheese a good amount of fights.
Future: 9/10
SPECIAL: Set-up/Farming Needed (Based on the units I have available, asterisks on items I'd have to burn TMR Moogles for)
Hyomonto/Iron Duke (Eventual upgrade to Erdrick's Sword)
*Rider's Helm (Dark Helm)/Demon Armor
Genji Glove/Cold Snap
SSP - Dark/L Sword Mastery/*Katana Mastery/Adventurer V (*Proud Fencer - Less DEF/SPR, but more HP)
1 or 3 100% Moogles is...  Not bad for this set-up?

Unit: Veritas of the Flame
TMR: 30% ATK w/Axe, 30% ATK w/H.Armor
STMR: 38 ATK, 28 DEF, 80% Fire Resist
Current Use: Fight cheesing with 100% PEvade
Thoughts: Veritas of the Flame was one of my most personally underrated units when I first pulled him, but he has helped me through so many fights time and time and time again, as well as letting me set him up to solo fights for friends.  He has since become one of my favorite units to field when I can make use of his great skillset.  If I ever get Fixed Dice, he could *arguably* become a better finisher than Olive, but not on Turn 1.
Future: 8.5/10

Unit: Barbariccia
Copies: 2
TMR: 30% HP, +50% Magic Damage on Human/Beast/Avian/Stone
STMR: ???
Current Use: Dualcast Tornado/Tornado or Tornado/Aeroja.
Thoughts: The best Magic chainer I have available.  She has other great moves in her kit, but typically when I'm fielding her, she has one use in mind: damage and a lot of it.  Even if her 7* form winds up being late, she's going to be guaranteed to get into parties here and there.
Future: 10/10

Unit: Elfreeda
TMR: Accessory - 40 ATK, 50% TDH
STMR: Materia - 30% DEF/HP/SPR, +50% TDH
Current Use: Moogle Target, Expedition
Thoughts: She's uh.  Not very good, even in her 7* form.  She seems to want to be a tank but doesn't have the passives to support that, and she's locked to Ice.  While that last part wouldn't *normally* be condemning...  Well, see below.

Unit: Fryevia
TMR: Sword - Ice 92 ATK, 112 MAG
Current Use: Ice Chaining, DPS
Thoughts: Haven't used her yet, because I'm out of Tech Heavicrysts, and she needs those for one of her enhancements.  Once she's fully enhanced, her Frost Flower Blitz joins the Holy Explosion family (would she be an Aunt or Niece at this point?  Well, about as connected to the family as Agrias, at least), and the fact she's Hybrid means if she's built for Magic, she can hit like a truck full of dark matter.
Future: 9/10
SPECIAL:
*Fryevia's Needle/*Fryevia's Needle
*Minstrel's Prayer (Crown of the Covenant)/*Dark Robe (Siren's Robe)
Genji Glove/Ring of the Lucii (*Japa Mala)
Adventurer V/*Nature Loving Spellblade/*Power of Creation/Letters and Arms (General Offensive)
The Japa Mala is there if I need the Ring for a tank's EVA build, but I have 20-Sided Dice and True Spirit of Freedom to make up the difference.  For *full* effectiveness, I need six 100% Moogles, and only *two* of those can be walked back with replacements.

Unit: Knight Delita
TMR: H.Armor - 72 DEF, 28 SPR, 15% HP
STMR: Materia - 30% HP/ATK/DEF, Man Eater
Current Use: ATK/MAG Break
Thoughts: One of the strongest ATK/MAG breaks in the game right now in his LB, which I got to L24.  He has a fairly balanced kit, with his main chaining move being Hallowed Bolt.  His 7* form gets somewhat good, but has issues fitting into my team comps.  I can see using him, but not right now.

Unit: Lara Croft
TMR: 10% HP/MP/ATK/DEF, 7% All Element Resist
STMR: None
Current Use: Chaining, Double Gil Passive
Thoughts: I've gotten *very* used to chaining with Automatic Pistols, and the innate (limited) dual wield means I don't have to try very hard to gear her.  She's going to get replaced eventually, but the double Gil Passive and easy chaining means she's going to be on exploration/SE Event teams for a very long time, especially if she doesn't get a 7* form.

Unit: Lunera
TMR: Bow - 2H 51 ATK, 135 MAG, 50% Magic Demon Killer
STMR: 100% PHY/MAG Demon Killer, 30% Dark Resist
Current Use: La la la
Thoughts: Also can be a good anti-demon mage, but her main chaining move needs a copy.  Gale Arrow/Gleaming Arrow are pretty good chain-capping spells, but they take 10 turns to ramp up, much like Emperor's Fire From Below.  Singing while dual wielding a bow and staff is her best use for now (good because I got two of Tinkerer Carrie last Christmas, but not her TMRs yet)

Unit: Luneth
TMR: Accessory - 30 ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
STMR: Clothes - 45 ATK, 1 DEF, 1 SPR, 30% Fire/Water/Wind/Earth Resist
Current Use: Slashy Slashy
Thoughts: He's a finisher with the problem of Olive being first, meaning I'm not sure I can afford to give him the enhancements he needs to be on par.  His 7* form gives him an upgrade to his LB, Double Barrage (...That's an Arena skill), and a move that replaces Cut Through +2 if the fight lasts 3 or more turns.  He's...  Still getting benched in favor of Olive, though.
Future: 6.5/10

Unit: Ayaka
Copies: 1
TMR: Materia - 1800 HP Regen, 10% Auto-Refresh, Gain 2 LS/turn
STMR: Staff - 12 ATK, 166 SPR, 15% HP/MP
Current Use:  NO ONE EVER DIES.
Thoughts:  It's Ayaka.  If I have to explain myself here, then you probably don't know the game that well.

Unit: Basch
TMR: H.Shield - 60 DEF, 70 SPR, 50% Lightning Resist, 10% Evade
STMR: 50% HP, 30% SPR, 30% Counter Magic w/restore 50 MP
Current Use: Tanks ALL the hits
Thoughts: Game best tank?  Well, at least for AoE cover tanking.  "Provoke" tanking goes to Gladiolus for Intercept, or straight-up Noctis(/White Knight Noel, who I don't have) with a 100% PEvade build.  Also has really good breaks, and a counter stronger than Mechanical Heart.

Unit: Christine
TMR: Accessory - 50 MAG, 30 SPR, 30% Counter Magic w/restore 15% HP + gain 1-2 LS
Current Use: Ice Magic DPS
Thoughts: Apparently perfect chains with a fully enhanced Terra.  I'm looking forward to trying to make use of her, but I have other priorities first.  I do wonder what her 7* form is going to look like, and if I'll even be able to pull it off.
Future: ?/10

Unit: Cloud
TMR: Materia - 100% TDH
STMR: Greatsword - 2H 180 ATK
Current Use: Physical Finisher
Thoughts: There's no good elemental 2H Swords out yet, meaning his use is more niche than great.  Hates the fact that Olive came to me first and got enhanced.  7* means he could debatably beat Olive in damage, but I don't have two of him yet.

Unit: Duke
TMR: Materia - 30% ATK w/Spear + 30% ATK w/Helm
STMR: Spear - 173 ATK, 75% PHY/MAG Dragon Killer
Thoughts: Most of his damage is tied up in jumps.  That has its own problems, on top of him being Ice-focused.  He gets a *lot* of Anti-Dragon stuff, but I'd rather just use Zyrus dual-wielding his TMR and using Alterna as a chain capper.  Probably more damage than Duke easily, outside of him using his STMR/Roberta's TMR and something Sword/Greatsword that's both 1H and Ice Elemental...  But even then, only one of him dooms him.

Unit: Elza
TMR: Spear - Dark 120 ATK
STMR: ??? (Probably none)
Thoughts: She was a bread and butter unit for my team for a long time, but it makes me sad that I don't use her anymore, especially because I potted her LB to L25, and I have both Tablets of Ruin for her.  Granted, if Vargas hasn't gotten a 7* form in JP yet, prospects for Elza...  Do not look good.  She can have some niche uses, but there's so many other units that can do what she does better.  She has no good chaining moves, and her main damage is Barrage-like.  Might be able to cheese Aigaion OHKOs with auto-revive?

Unit: Emperor
TMR: Rod - 19 ATK, 129 MAG, 10% HP
STMR: Materia - 10% ATK, 60% MAG, 50% Fire Resist
Current Use: Leveling, but eventually chain capping with Fire From Below.
Thoughts: Prays that I don't pull Dragonlord while I'm going for a Liquid Metal Slime, since that eats into his niche a huge amount.  Has interesting enhancements, but they still cost a lot for now with other characters getting priority.  Still, if I pull a dupe, he can W-FFB, which helps his damage a LOT.

Unit: Emperor Shera
TMR: 20% Fire Resist, 35% ATK w/Sword, 10% HP/15% ATK w/Light Armor
STMR: Accessory - 30 DEF/SPR, 40% HP, 30% DEF w/H.Shield, 30% SPR w/L.Shield
Thoughts: His kit is pretty interesting for support, but as it is right now, it just isn't enough.  His 7* form expands his support kit by a lot, giving other characters a rather extreme level of increased damage.

Unit: Fohlen
TMR: Helm - 28 ATK, 60 DEF, 100% Virus/Petrify Resist
STMR: L.Armor - 40 ATK, 14 DEF, 18 SPR, 80% Wind Resist
Thoughts: Dragoon.  Enhancements make him a pseudo EVA tank, but...  Why?  I can make a real PEvade Tank already.  Supposedly gets a lot of power in his 7* form, but I'm not farming for everything he needs for that.
Future: 2/10

Unit: Gladiolus
TMR: H.Shield - 70 DEF, 35 SPR, 15% HP, 30% Counter PHY w/self 3-turn 100% ATK buff (1/turn)
STMR: 50% HP, 30% DEF, 100% DEF Buff when HP < 80%
Current Use: "Provoke" Tank, DPS Tank
Thoughts: His DPS is going to be somewhat lower than most because he's going to want Greatsword/Shield (meaning no DW or DH), but I've heard the damage ramps up by quite a lot when he can be made use of on teams..  I made the mistake of mixing up his TMR and Basch's when trying out new builds for 100% PEvade, so now I'm stuck with a shield that's somewhat hard to use, but I need to keep it in case I get a dupe Gladio.

Unit: Kunshira
TMR: Materia - 40% ATK w/sword, 40% MAG w/robe
STMR: Accessory - 50 ATK, 50 MAG, 15% Fire/Thunder/Water/Wind/Light Resist
Current Use: More elementally diverse Fryevia, except not a member of the HE family
Thoughts: She's my favorite character in the game just from a design standpoint.  That said, she loses out to Fryevia for sheer damage, and needs a different sword than her (either Sylvia TMR or Drace TMR), as well as the rod from the Bloody Moon trial.  Outside of that, her gear is the same, which hurts her because Fryevia is stronger with better chaining partners, and I don't have the selection to gear both of them.  Looks like she chains perfectly with Onion Slice, though?  Keeping her around, because her 7* form gets some great imperils/AoE Resists.  I really want to make her good.
Future: 8/10

Unit: Maxwell
TMR: Materia - 30% ATK/MAG
STMR: None
Thoughts:  Is this even worth talking about?  She's not getting a 7* form, since she's supposed to be limited to 1/account (outside of certain bugs).  She was like the third 5* base I got, but how late she got her 6* form meant she was almost never used.  Earth Shrine party when not doing Expeditions.  Once her TMR is mastered...  She's a trophy.
Future: 0/10

Unit: Mercenary Ramza
TMR: Accessory - 3 DEF, 20% HP/MP/ATK/MAG
STMR: H.Shield - 92 DEF, 84 SPR, 20% DEF/SPR
Thoughts:  He's...  Kinda bad right now.  His 7* form makes him a version of Basch with different breaks, but he really struggles for the passives needed to pull that off.  Still, could see some use depending on the fight if I ever pull a dupe.

Unit: Nameless Gunner Jake
TMR: 25 DEF/SPR, 30% Counter PHY w/Gain 3 LS (1/turn), 30% chance to absorb magic MP cost,
STMR: Gun - 2H 160 ATK, 1.3x LB damage
Current Use: No
Thoughts: He's so bad, even in his 7* form.  Gumi, what are you on?
Future: 0/10

Unit: Nyx
TMR: Materia - 20% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR, 5% MP Refresh, Crap Regen
STMR: Dagger - 158 ATK, 50 DEF, 20% HP, 20% All Element Resist
Thoughts: AoE 7.5x Chain Capper?  He can use Fixed Dice, so it's viable.  His only chaining partner is locked behind a LNY banner and enhancements on top of that, and we never got the Fire Dagger he needs to be really good.  I'm not sure how to read his 7* form - he gets a W-Ability it looks like, but the rest is just things I don't understand.
Future: 1/10

Unit: Onion Knight
TMR: Sword - 135 ATK, Grant "Bladeblitz", Grant Onion Knight "Onion Cutter"
STMR: Materia - 80% ATK w/Sword, 50% PHY Undead Killer
Thoughts: He's an amazing chainer!...  With either himself, or using Onion Cutter with one of Kunshira's moves.  Again, not the resources to make him good right now.  The elemental resists are a nice gimmick, so I'll have to look into at least gearing him up to take as a partner for some bosses.
Future: 4/10

Unit: Orlandeau
TMR: Accessory - 3 ATK, Grant "Crush Accessory", "Spirit Blade", "Ultima Sword"
STMR: Greatsword - Light 174 ATK
Current Use: Holy Explosion originator
Thoughts: While he is the originator of the HE Family and I've used him a lot as a friend, I have DV maxed out, and Fryevia ready to come along herself, meaning he gets to sit in a room and read the entire time.  Crush Weapon +1 is very useful on turns he's not using his HE, and I've found a few niche uses for Duskblade.  If I ever pull a dupe, he'll come out of retirement...  But until then, I just don't have that insurance.

Unit: Queen
TMR: Materia - 20% HP, 30% ATK
STMR: Accessory - 55 ATK, 100% 1/life Guts when HP > 1%
Thoughts: She has a LOT of power in her kit...  Locked behind expensive enhancements.  Oh well.  Don't really feel like looking up what her 7* form can do right now.

Unit: Reberta
TMR: Spear - 128 ATK, Dragon Killer
Thoughts: I'm pretty sure her frame data is unique to herself, meaning she can only chain with a dupe.  Her main damage is jumps, which right now...  Yeah.  Also: HE Family, Tornado Family, and Olive.
Future: 2/10

Unit: Roy
TMR: Hat - 42 MAG, 8 DEF, 46 SPR, 20% MP
STMR: Instrument - 2H 20 ATK, 70 MAG, 156 SPR, 30% HP/SPR, 20% MP
Current Use: La la la
Thoughts: The first power bard for GL.  His main problem is that his songs take a long time to ramp up, so I'd almost say use him with a DPS Lunera or Emperor.  Aside from that, he's...  Very slow.  Past that, his Reddit database skillset is so confusing to look at, I'm not sure which way is up.  For now though, I have Lunera, though I'm keeping an open mind to being impressed later.
Future: 5/10

Unit: Trance Terra
TMR: Accessory - 12 DEF/SPR, 30% MP, Dualcast
STMR: Accessory - 3 DEF/SPR, 33% MP, 50% MP Cost reduction (It's the Three Stars)
Current Use: Magic Pew pew
Thoughts: Apparently perfect chains with Christine.  I spent a lot of Gil and Crysts fully enhancing her and just preparing for two fights.  She's still the game's strongest mage for a long time, and still better than Dark Fina.

Not sure if I should go over my 4*s, since I use so few of them.

Right now, I feel like my focus should be on VotD, Fryevia, finishing out making Olive amazing, Barbariccia, and Trance Terra.  UoC tickets being for Basch, Ayaka, and Trance Terra.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 06:13:32 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 28, 2018, 03:59:29 AM »
Reberta has some chaining partners, the notable one being the attack from Pod 153.

Started using tickets on the Dragon Quest banner, saying I'd stop if I got Dragonlord or Liquid Metal Slime.

64 tickets later...
12 4-stars, only two of them on banner (Killing Machine and Orochi)
3 5-stars (Flame Veritas, LIGHTNING, Dragonlord)

Eh, I can live without LMS, it would just make the defense parameter quest easy.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2018, 04:03:11 AM »
Decided to enhance Dragonlord for the halibut.  OHKO's Bahamut Elite with no breaks or buffs.  Dam son.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2018, 07:47:28 AM »
Rainbow on the Half-Price today!...  It was my third Lunera.  Eh.

I'm tempted that if I don't get Dragonlord by Thursday, I'll dump the last 12 tickets and 19K Lapis I have towards that end, since he's so stupidly overpowered.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 08, 2018, 10:01:16 PM »
Didn't pull Rydia or Kain, but I did finally pull Fryevia. Got to use that 100% moogle that's been sitting in my inventory since Egg Seekers over a year ago.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »
Iron Giant was really easy.

Basch (100% evasion): physical cover, buff spirit, look pretty
Ling: breakdance
Ayaka: Curaja, Reraise, Dispelga when giant buffs himself
Orlandeau: Light Imperil, fulfill mission requirements
Lila (550 spirit): punch things
friend Lila (850 spirit): punch things harder

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 29, 2018, 05:24:14 AM »
Now that's how you design an enemy:

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 10, 2018, 12:01:18 PM »
I might as well do some quick updating.

I did get C. Rydia from the FF4 Event, so that was nice.   2nd Anniversary gave me basically crap outside of an Ace pull, which hey, it's a 5* I don't have.  I had a G5 a while back that I can't even remember what I got; it was a non-dupe, and pretty sure it was an actual character, not some original nobody.  An earlier G5 gave me Sephiroth...right after the Sephiroth event ended, go figure.  Right before getting C. Rydia, I actually got Eiko, and my response was basically "WRONG CHILD SUMMONER DAMN IT!"
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2018, 10:40:31 PM »
Fuck my life.

Two 30% tickets (both 3 stars), three 10% tickets (all three stars), 7 4* tickets (all 4*s), 92 rare tickets (got Eileen and BS Sakura), and 60000 lapis that I've been saving for a long time (got PS Rydia and Roy).

Not a single Fayt or Rena. And worse I was planning on saving some of that lapis for VP banner as well.

I am not a happy camper.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 06, 2018, 01:05:04 AM »
Fnorder, the materia you have on Olive are embarrassing.

Finally got a Rena after buying all the mog king tickets. Will probably scrape together one last 5000 lapis pull but I'm not expecting anything useful at this point.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 07, 2018, 06:25:47 AM »
...And here I'm happy for getting a Fayt while still having 20K Lapis Left.  Granted, that's going to go down to 10K once I buy another 33 tickets.

EDIT:

So, I got a second Squall on the 5% Daily.  This led me to reorganizing my party to be Olive, two Squalls, and two Ramiras, throw a 100% Moogle on a spare 9S, and now I have 300-400% bonus with viable chainers and Olive.

EDIT 2:

Decided to do some last-minute pulls on the banner before it goes away.  For 30 tickets and 10K Lapis (I have 3 4* Tickets and 5K Lapis left), I came out with a Rena and my second Fayt.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:51:53 AM by Magic Fanatic »