Register

Author Topic: RPGVO 2024 Round 6, Winners Semi/Losers 3: Three Houses Remain Standing.  (Read 281 times)

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike:

Winners:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Melfice (G2) vs. Elyon (BoF5)

Losers:

Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Terra Branford (FF6)
Nailah (FE10) vs. Velius (FFT)

Heavy:

Winners:

Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF)
Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3)

Losers:

Asellus (SaGa) vs. Summoner (FF5)
Geno (SMRPG) vs. Celica (FE:SoV)

Middle:

Winners:

Jude Maverick (WA4) vs. Jessica de Alkirk (L:SSSC)
Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. MOMO Mizrahi (XSs)

Losers:

Karsh (CC) vs. Machias Regnitz (ToCS2)
Stocke (RH) vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2)

Light:

Winners:

Marianne (FE3H) vs. Hubert (FE3H)
Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H)

Losers:

Millich Oppenheimer (Suikos) vs. Labyrinthia Wordsworth (WA:XF)
Ricardo Banderas (XG) vs. Squire (FFT)
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGVO 2024 Round 6, Winners Semi/Losers 3: Three Houses Remain Standing.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 04:39:28 PM »
Godlike:

Winners:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) - Not inclined to vote based off of Gen1 under normal circumstaces so uh.  uhm.

Losers:

Nailah (FE10) vs. Velius (FFT) - I think this should be right assessment of his speed?

Heavy:

Losers:

Asellus (SaGa) vs. Summoner (FF5) - I'll bite

Middle:

Winners:

Losers:

Karsh (CC) vs. Machias Regnitz (ToCS2) - Another petrification immunity inspection failed.
Stocke (RH) vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2) - Faster, stuffs Euthanasia, G-Fire hitting the mild weakness should let him scrape a 2HKO.  Even if not, what can Ana really do here?

Light:

Winners:

Marianne (FE3H) vs. Hubert (FE3H) - Kneejerking off of better magic durability and the fact that any damage she can get in will stick.  Range advantage helps Hubert here less than he'd hope and of course Marianne can just dismount to avoid getting nailed by Dark Spikes.
Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H) - Annette 3HKOs normally and doesn't really have a good way to blast past Nourishing Potion, so Zhuzhen should be able to handle this.

Losers:

Millich Oppenheimer (Suikos) vs. Labyrinthia Wordsworth (WA:XF) - 3HKOs first.
Ricardo Banderas (XG) vs. Squire (FFT) - Ah, well.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 08:34:02 AM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 01:41:24 AM »
Godlike:

Winners:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)- ... I think?  Poke me if math says otherwise.
Melfice (G2) vs. Elyon (BoF5)- Melfice isn't undurable or undamaging but he's really more about pouring on speed and Elyon getting the jump on him, even if Melfice can double after that, makes that a real uphill climb on top of the absolute defense.

Losers:

Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Terra Branford (FF6)- So it turns out that W8's supposed ID was a documentation/coding oversight that doesn't exist and I think he needs that to muscle past Terra, albeit barely.

Heavy:

Winners:

Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF)- .... I think she's faster?  God maybe not, but kneejerk here.

Losers:

Asellus (SaGa) vs. Summoner (FF5)- guuuuuuuh I dunno maybe Asellus can simply get owned stoned but I feel like she can pull some bullshit first.

Middle:

Winners:

Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. MOMO Mizrahi (XSs)- Tifa likes frail healers but does not like duellers who can neuter her damage during Limit, a thing she cannot not use once procced.

Losers:

Light:

Winners:

Marianne (FE3H) vs. Hubert (FE3H)- oops didn't even check her res, dang
Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H)- Annette lacks for good burst options and Zhuzhen isn't that frail?

Losers:

« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 05:14:43 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024, 05:02:05 AM »
Godlike:

Winners:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN): Mewtwo going first and putting up Amnesia should put any Shania quick kills out of reach, and from there on he can pile on more defensive buffs. Shania doesn't really have meaningful crits to get through this. Non-RBY Mewtwo struggles to put Shania away and turns this into a horrendous stall-fest but I vote on RBY, so.
Melfice (G2) vs. Elyon (BoF5): Yeah, Melfice is definitely speed over raw damage and that hurts against Absolute Defence.

Losers:

Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Terra Branford (FF6): Morph Man Eater actually isn't horrid damage, and she can turtle using Cura against Work, or wait for evasion against Worker physicals. She can survive a counter + Crush, to boot, so she should really be in control here.
Nailah (FE10) vs. Velius (FFT): Velius is probably on the right side of average speed, yeah, he is very thankful bosses win tiebreaks.

Heavy:

Winners:

Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF): And this is why you can't really put Sacrifice into the damage average with no asterisks. Harken goes first, doesn't have any fatal status or OHKO damage, but still renders Clarissa offensively inept.
Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3): SO3 has a death blocker, SH3 does not have a freeze blocker.

Losers:

Asellus (SaGa) vs. Summoner (FF5): Sure I'm willing to buy the stat boosts from Mystic Change warding off a turn 1 stone/death, so Asellus can go first and 2HKO with Mystic Sword -> Lifesprinkler.
Geno (SMRPG) vs. Celica (FE:SoV): Whirl'd.

Middle:

Winners:

Jude Maverick (WA4) vs. Jessica de Alkirk (L:SSSC): Pretty sure Jude just does his blitzy thing too well. If he escapes sleep at any time he has a 2HKO with Rapid Attack into Assault Buster.
Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. MOMO Mizrahi (XSs): Probably. MOMO can chip and buff to avoid anything but a L1, can half damage to tank a L1, and can heal off Tifa's regular physicals in the meantime.

Losers:

Stocke (RH) vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2): This seems like a pretty fierce spoiling.

Light:

Winners:

Marianne (FE3H) vs. Hubert (FE3H): Yeah this is very one-sided, Marianne has 1.5 mdur and 20% regen before Nosferatu, and Hubert can't double with anything except a Training Lance which does -6 damage to average.
Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H): Has MT to get around counters, can alternate healing with damage until he kills Annette's shockingly unimpressive mdur.

Losers:

Millich Oppenheimer (Suikos) vs. Labyrinthia Wordsworth (WA:XF): Is magically tanky so reduces Labby to 3HKO, and 3HKOs her bad pdur first.
Ricardo Banderas (XG) vs. Squire (FFT): Gotta think the pdur tilts this one, Squire is pretty similar to Queen but without any argument for evasion.

*worth mentioning that the Suikoden guy's name is Milich, not Millich.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2024, 05:50:00 AM »
I missed last week due to being away on a family trip. Don't think it matters too much in the grand scheme of things. Anyways, this week...

Godlike:

Winners:
Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) - You do NOT want to get into a pure slugfest with RBY Mewtwo and that's kind of what happens here since Shania lacks any real means of dropping Mewtwo quick. After Amnesia, any chances of a one rounding is just too far out of reach and her physical doesn't OHKO with the one turn she gets.

Losers:
Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Terra Branford (FF6) - Wins a very slow fight but one where she dictates the pacing due to being faster and having a modicum of evade. Cure 2 + Physical strikes slowly do their work here and there is a chance Terra dies to a random crit proc, but nah.
Nailah (FE10) vs. Velius (FFT) - Trusting Elf-math on this one. Velius wins if he gets a turn (way too much 100% guaranteed status) and it looks like he should do to tiebreak rules in FFT.

Heavy:

Winners:
Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF) - You remember how last year Clarissa basically struggled real bad against Auron because Auron went first? Same story. No Magic Break, but Harken hits hard enough to make Clarissa's offense wretched.
Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3) - One blocks the status that the other has while the other does not. Guess who!

Middle:
Winners:
Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. MOMO Mizrahi (XSs) - I think both MOMO1 and MOMO3 win this. MOMO1 can chip and buff off before the limit goes off. MOMO3...well Blood Dancer probably blasts past the limit range - let alone Abyss Walker nulling physicals.

Losers:
Karsh (CC) vs. Machias Regnitz (ToCS2) - We are finding out that a shockingly high number of individuals lack Petrify immunity. Wow.
Stocke (RH) vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2) - See Random. G-Fire hitting that slight weakness is just insult to injury.

Light:
Winners:
Marianne (FE3H) vs. Hubert (FE3H) - Marianne spoils Hubert pretty badly
Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H) - Rare footage of Zhuzhen being somewhat competent in Light.

Losers:
Ricardo Banderas (XG) vs. Squire (FFT) - Squire will get his revenge when Laggy mods RPGVO and gives him his LFT form. Rico-premacy continues.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2024, 03:34:43 AM »
Ricardo Banderas (XG) vs. Squire (FFT) - Squire will get his revenge when Laggy mods RPGVO and gives him his LFT form. Rico-premacy continues.

Next tournament I run I'll note LFT is a viable nomination choice.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2024, 04:19:05 AM »

Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Terra Branford (FF6)  Think so.  ThunderBlade also strikes a weakness if one doesn't believe the bot being affected by Man Eater.  Terra ought to be able to stall until doubleturns and missed physicals give her enough chances to attack.  Worker 8's below average speed plays against it in an extended bout.

Ricardo Banderas (XG) vs. Squire (FFT)  Sure, why not.  Squire does have a notable speed advantage and might outpace Rico's damage over time but doesn't have gruff Blanka's physical durability

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2024, 05:04:23 PM »
Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
If I was more of a Pokemon expert, I'd try to decode the awful stallfest from Gen4/6 Mewtwo, but nah.

Losers:

Much as I do take whatever opportunity to antihype the status game...  FE characters do tend to kinda be status bait.

Heavy:

Winners:

Middle:

Winners:

I suppose.
Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. MOMO (XSs)

Losers:

Light:

Winners:

Marianne (FE3H) vs. Hubert (FE3H)
Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H)

Losers:

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2024, 06:24:16 AM »
Match Results:

Godlike:

Winners:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) |||
Melfice (G2) vs. Elyon (BoF5) ||

Losers:

Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Terra Branford (FF6) ||||||
Nailah (FE10) vs. Velius (FFT) |||||

Heavy:

Winners:

Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF) |||
Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) | vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3) |||

Losers:

Asellus (SaGa) ||| vs. Summoner (FF5)
Geno (SMRPG) ||| vs. Celica (FE:SoV)

Middle:

Winners:

Jude Maverick (WA4) |||| vs. Jessica de Alkirk (L:SSSC)
Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. MOMO Mizrahi (XSs) ||||

Losers:

Karsh (CC) vs. Machias Regnitz (ToCS2) ||||
Stocke (RH) ||||| vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2)

Light:

Winners:

Marianne (FE3H) ||||| vs. Hubert (FE3H)
Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) ||||| vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H)

Losers:

Milich Oppenheimer (Suikos) |||| vs. Labyrinthia Wordsworth (WA:XF)
Ricardo Banderas (XG) |||||| vs. Squire (FFT)

Winners' Division Winners will move on to Winners' Finals in Round 8.  Winners' Division Losers and Losers' Division Winners move on to Losers' Quarterfinals in Round 7.  Losers' Division Losers are eliminated.